Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Know of any private nurse to administer injections?

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  3062melissa 
#1 ·
Hi!

I'm based in Wales/Bristol area and there's one weekend that my DH is not around to administer my prontogest injection. As the GP is closed on a weekend, I think I'll need to arrange for someone privately. There is no way I can do it!!! I know-it's probably not that bad!

Any ideas of private nurses/private clinics that are open-especially the Sunday!?

Thanks

#2 ·
Could you ask your surgery if a District Nurse could do it for you as they work weekends?  It truly is not bad at all though I promise xxx

#3 ·
Got any family or friends who had medical training and can do it for you?  my friend did one of mine.

#4 ·
Gogo, I know you must be very scared to try and do these yourself but I promise you they really aren't as bad as you think.

I've done all my own injections and the last two cycles I've used Gestone/Prontogest and they really are easy.

This is how I did mine (had to learn as no one else could do them for me)
Warm vials up in my bra, clean the area, prep the injection then ice the area with an ice cube after a minute or two place the needle head against the skin and slowly glide it in.. withdraw the injection and slowly massage the area.. I do all of this whilst looking back through a mirror.. Honestly you really won't feel very much and I found them so easy.. easier than doing the darn clexane as they just sting to hell.

All the very best.. You can do this, keep calm xx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.