Not open for further replies.

Wessex Fertility General Chat - part 25

218K views 2K replies 81 participants last post by  Cloudy 
#1 ·
Happy chatting and good luck.

xxxxx

#2 ·
Sarah, so sorry hun  ^hugme^

Kirst - good luck it is all kicking off now! what  a lovely DH you have  ^reiki^  for this cycle x

#3 ·
Book marking!

#4 ·
Bookmarking x

Kirst x

#5 ·
BM

#6 ·
hi ladies, hope you are all ok?

ive been having rough day today at work, am wondering if this ivf will ever work, think the drugs are kicking in and making me feel worse. i found out one of staff members who is 19 had an abortion 9 weeks ago, she didnt tell me as knows my situation which i can understand but then she has just found out she is pg again 5 weeks, she is in right state, my mgt team told me as she has said she will have to keep as not fair to get rid of but she not happy as she does not want. so i had to talk to her and be really nice and try to understand, now i have to do monthly assessments with her and act like im, when really not. trouble is no one understands!

sorry for winge xxx
kirst x

#7 ·
Oh, Kirst ^hugme^ just another reminder on how cruel and unfair life is.  By the sounds of it on both sides. If only pregnancy is something you can simply swap :( cruel, cruel, cruel!! Let's hope that you will only be a month or so behind her. Will make your assessments much easier that way ^hugme^ Mother Nature, are you listening? ^pray^

#8 ·
Thanks witters x
Kirst x

#10 ·
Kirst  ^hugme^  Life really does send lots of challenges our way but I  ^pray^  your next challenge will be easily overcome  ^reiki^ .

ELls

#12 ·
Hi ladies - thank u all for thinking of me, I'm trying to stay really positive this cycle as could be our last. Acupuncture really helping but u know what its like one day its gonna work then next u think y am I doing this all again ^idiot^

Anyway I hope u all havin lovely weekend, I really need to get ready for work, iow festi this week so gonna be mental in my shop, which is good !

Thanks again, kirst x

#13 ·
Hi ladies, thanks for all your kind messages.

Kirst - these things are sent to try us, its so unfair but we have to find a way through somehow as I well know!!! 

AFM well the plot thickens.  Merrily (well as merry as I could in the circumstances) packing away yesterday morning to go on our trip to Marrakech (all paid for 5* luxury hotel as its DH's work) and then get a call from Chantelle - Sarah I haven't got very good news, your hcg level yesterday has risen and I think you may have an ectopic, you need to come in straight away for another scan...................

so I did and lo and behold Chantelle saw an area that she thought looked like free flowing blood in my tube (that wasn't there the day before).  So off I go to Winchester hospital.  I have had another blood test (yesterday), def have an ectopic pg and am waiting to find out if levels go up tomorrow to either take the drug to kill the cells (which is a chemotherapy drug) or have my tube removed.  Wondering if this can get much worse.  No way we can travel now.  Am waiting around hoping that I don't start getting mega pains or that my tube ruptures!! 

My blood level yesterday went up again and now I'm praying so hard for it to go down (ironic after praying so hard 2 weeks ago for it to go up!!)  I think this IVF malarky has beaten me this time, I'm done in with it all.  So pray hard girls for my levels to have dropped massively tomorrow  ^pray^

Sarah xxx

#14 ·
Oh sarah I am so sorry for what u are both going through, I can't believe how horrible it must be for u. Ill be thinking of u and hope u are ok. Xxxxx

Kirst x

#15 ·
Oh, Sarah ^hugme^ as if you haven't been through enough already :'( I will ^pray^ for the best/safest outcome for you. I bet you are totally exhausted from the worrying by now. What unfortunate timing too with the break away - something which you could very much do with now I'm sure ^hugme^ is your DH able to stay with you? Do you have someone close by if not? As ever, you know where we are...  Will be thinking of you...

#16 ·
Oh sarah  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^  sweetie I am soooo sorry I cannot believe how unfair all this is and has been for you.  I really  ^pray^  that your levels will go down.  you are in my thoughts and prayers my lovely lovely FF friend.  ^hugme^

Ells

#17 ·
Hi All,

Its been a very long time since ive chatted on this board!!!  but we have just got back on the old ivf/icsi trail again!! Saw Chantelle on friday who was lovely as ever and we are all ready to rock and roll!!!  think we are starting in September so not long now!!

Sorry for everyone having a rough time at the moment

and HELLO to anyone that remembers me before, I think it may just be Witters!!!!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone

Take Care

Sarah
x

#18 ·
Hey Sarah! Great to see you again! Hope little Daisy is doing well :) Best of luck on your new journey, I hope it is just as successful as the first :)

Just so you know, we have another thread - http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=259377.new;topicseen#new which is used for any pregnancy / baby / children chat ;) That way, if someone is having a difficult day, they can decide themselves wether to read about that side of things or not rather than having it thrown at them. This thread is to support, not make it harder :)

#19 ·
Sarah, thinking of you so much! I truly hope you get your info soon and that it is the best possible out of this awful situation ^hugme^

Kirst, how are you? ^hugme^

#20 ·
Hi ladies,
Welcome back sarah, be nice to get to know u x

Thanks witters, I'm not too bad, injections etc are ok, think I'm a pro at them now, very tired but only 2 weeks left and my little frosties will be where they belong. On work side I've tried to delegate some of the assessments to my deputy - she understands y its hard so she said she would help me out x

Kirst x

#21 ·
Kirst, so pleased your work colleagues are helpful and understanding :) passing on as much stress as possible is always a great move ^afro^. Two more weeks eh? Hard yet exciting times! How are you feeling about it all? You have had such a hard ride, your emotions must be very mixed up...  Atleast the FET cycle makes it a little easier than afresh - on your body atleast...

#22 ·
Witters, I'm not feeling too bad at moment, but do have good and bad days, feel de stressed from having acupuncture so plesed I started that this time round. Just want it all to work, must admit I'm worried about another loss or bfn but gotta take one day at time.
How are u and ure 3 ? X
Kirst x

#23 ·
Sarah, welcome back and good luck with your next cycle. 

Kirst  ^hugme^  I really enjoyed my acu, it did help me relax.  I have everything crossed for you on this cycle huni.

How is everyone else?

Ells

#24 ·
Thank you, 

Can any one tell me what the short protocal is like??  its all changed since our last cycle!!  and we never had the option to go to blast last time as only had 4 eggs!!  chantelle doesnt think we will get any more this time but can some one explain to me what the difference is or makes??!!

Thank you
^hugme^  to all
Sarah

#25 ·
Stumpy (sarah) the short protocol is much quicker and some people respond better to it - I was put on short protocol this and last time and it does seem to suit me better tbh - it is much easier as it is so much quicker, before you know it you are already at EC rather than it dragging on endlessly with long protocol.  Because there are less drugs (to down reg etc.) that is why some respond better to it - I think the theory is that with the down regging the body can almost "switch off"too much.  What reason have they given you for using it?

I had my repeat bloods yesterday and the level is still rising  ^bigbad^  why oh why does it do the opposite to what I want - was praying so hard that it would have come down.  So in for a scan this am to see what they can see and then make a decision but think I have decided, with the help and advice of Chantelle, that I will have the surgery to have my tube removed.  It seems drastic but there is no guarantee the drug will work, might need 2 doses then surgery anyway which could drag on for another 3-4 weeks, I think I just need closure asap and also whilst it is the LAST thing on my mind right now, the surgery gives the best outcome in terms of the lowest possible risk of another ectopic in the future.  Will update you later.  Thanks so much for all your kind words and messages. 

All I can say is that this ivf lark is truly the hardest thing ever but at least others on here know how hard it is whereas other friends simply have no idea.  Thank goodness for FF.

Sarah xx

#26 ·
Sarah, bless you ^hugme^ you even take time out to answer Sarah's question even with all this going on... Sorry to hear the numbers are still rising. I hope that the scan can give more answers and help you with your decision. I totally understand your thinking, its hard to say as I'm not in your position, but with my mind stepped away as it were, I think I would be thinking along the same lines. Sometimes sorting the issue 100% straight away oddly will give you the better outcome as it is better controlled if you get my drift. Whatever you decide, we're here for you. Thanks for the updates!! ^hugme^

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.