Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Pls post how many cycles did you have before positive pregnancy with low amh?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Babybless 
#1 ·
Hi, could you please post average number of cycles it took before successful pregnancy and some info about amh levels and fertility history and any immune history and ivf protocol used...
had 2 failed icsi cycles, one stimulated, one natural cycle,
Wondering how many more cycles and is there much hope for future...!
thanks.

#2 ·
amh around 4.54 in 2012, no idea since. fsh around 11.
3 cycles
1 ivf+icsi - bfn
2 icsi -bfp but m/c
3 icsi with immunes lvl 1 tests done so clexane/extra folic acid used. Bfp baby due 3 weeks.

i'm 43 and it's just a few days over 2 years since i started ivf injections. i consider myself to have been extremely lucky. it takes many people a lot longer.

#4 ·
i had to push my clinic to bother testing. many people don't really believe in it.
it is expensive.
i don't talk about my clinic (privacy online!) but it was in england.

i think needing 3-5 cycles isn't unusual at all... most people starting ivf ought to be prepared for that. People who get preg from first cycle are often young with no fertility problems themselves but just have a sperm-side issue eg requiring surgical removal of sperm, thus once a good embryo goes back in it has a good chance.

weirdly all cycles can be different even if you set out to repeat what you just did. it's a good idea psychologically to set limits (eg agree 3 cycles ) but at the same time you need to be able to look at whether or not you have any new information from a cycle. Thus i said during my second go, that if we had another bfn with no other new information, we would stop. The bfp/mc meant we did have enough information to make a third go seem sensible. It's an individual/financial thing though.

good luck x

#5 ·
AMH 2.2

First cycle cancelled before egg collection due to suspected polyps. 2 cycle was a resounding success currently asleep upstairs.

I was told to expect a low response. First cycle I had 22ish follicles - didn't get to collection so no idea of number of eggs that would have been gotten. 2nd cycle 17/18 follicles. 15 eggs, 13 mature, 12 fertilised.

I also have only one ovary and fallopian tube.

Good luck with your treatments and sending you very positive vibes!

#6 ·
HI

1 failed IVF (only one follicle 15mm)

1st time IUI with donor sperm (twin pregnancy), My babies boys are 15 months.

It shows that science is not always perfect. I was told not to do IUI as if I was to commit a big mistake...well "Dr" was wrong.

My FSH was also high and was given little hope.

Hope x

#7 ·
Goldbunny  thanks for the advice, I think I need to brace myself up for next cycle and see if I can push my clinic to do some immune tests to rule out any issues...

Moving siren  thats an amazing result and great attitude.. Thanks for sharing your experience... Gives me hope... :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.