Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Any ladies who are currently going through tx in Scanhealth Hausken Fertility C

92K views 572 replies 28 participants last post by  tracyl247 
#1 ·
Hi

I recently moved to Oslo. I looked for clinics here, I only found one that was so expensive in Oslo. But having read this board, many ladies were raving about the hausken clinic in Haugesund. I looked into their website and the prices were reasonable. Many of the info here are few months old. I was wondering if anyone is currently going through a treatment there.

-  What is it like now, i.e are they friendly and helpful and welcoming?
-  Are the prices still the same as the website mention?
-  How much does the Radison hotel cost with the discount?
-  What are the total cost of all the drugs?
-  How much difference in prices if you were to buy the drugs over in UK or in Norway?
-  Has anyone got treatment with high bmi, say 40, with no problem? I emailed them a while back discussing whether they treat     
  someone with bmi of 40 and Arne said that they do.

I know it is lots of questions, but I do worry about this. The stress alone could drive me crazy. Thank you so much.

Soph

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi

I am going out to Norway on the 10th of November and i cant wait. :) This will be our first self funded cycle and i have not put my foot over the clinic door yet and i can already feel the difference compared to my NHS TX. Already through emails Arne has picked up on one or two prob with my egg quality that has never been mention to me before in the 3/4 years i was with NHS so i feel they have been very helpful already.

As u say the Cost for the TX is good for our initial consultation is going to be £150.00. As for the Radsion we are paying £80 per night dinner, bed and breakfast, apparently the staff there are also really helpful :)

Glad to here from u that they will treat up to 40 BMI as i am 30 at the minute, put on lots of weight from last TX  ::) and i have been ill with a chest infection too so not been back at the gym for a long time and i was in a panic because i am going out so soon and have not lost any weight!!!

Anyway let me know if u find out any more useful info as i am pretty new to the whole Norway thing myself and this is not a really busy board so some of the info might be out of date.

MISHA X

#3 ·
Hi

Just came back from Norway. They are sooooooooooooooooooooo nice. it feels like they genuinely care. Just waiting for period to start and they will then give me the dates when i need to go back. Misha i just wanted to ask a quick question. Does the clinic send the prescription to the pharmacy directly or do i have to get the prescription from scan health and then order the drugs myself. Please keep in touch and wish you the best of luck in Jan.

haj
xx

#4 ·
Thank you mish for replying. I hope everything went well on your consultation.

Haj, thanks for replying too. I was wondering what the address of the clinic was? On their website, it is P O Box address.

#6 ·
Hi Sophiyya,

I was just nosing around the Norway board. I live in Oslo too, well in Bærum, but I work in the city.
I'm having tx at the IVF-Klinikken in Majorstuen and my bill arrived last week for 56500 Kr for 3 attempts.

I saw you have already gone to Haugesund but thought I'd let you know how much my drugs cost here. You should get your drug money back for 3 attempts so make sure you save all your prescriptions and get proper receipts at the chemists and a letter from the clinic, and NAV will reimburse you afterwards. If for some reason you have to pay, my tx a year ago cost 7500 kr.

Lots of luck and stay warm  :)
Katxxx

#7 ·
Hi

Sorry not had time to post, but i have been so busy since i got back. Found the clinic very helpful and . Elise, one of the nurses was particularly nice. My consultation was with Arne, who was able to pin point the reason for eggs not been of good quality, i have PCOS! They have sorted out a pre treatment plan for me of the contraceptive pill and Metform tables to improve eggs for next time.

We are going back out in Feb for tx. Haj- have u got your dates yet? i was desperate for mine and my period ended up being about 2wks late and held everything up! so i was a happy bunny when it eventually arrived :)

Soph- our initial consultation was 1500 Nk and ICSI is 20000 NK. The Raddiosn is £80 per night wit discount for DB&B, its comfortable and clean foo is nice enough. As for drugs i am pricing them just now, will get back to u.

Hi to everyone else XX

#8 ·
hi mish

im soo excited for you. know exactly how u feel. im just waiting for my periods but they taking soooooo long lol never thought id be waiting for them normally cry every time i get them lol. i should have them in next couple of days. have u got ur meds yet? can i ask how much they cost because i really trying to save every penny for norway now and icsi.

haj
xx

#9 ·
HI

Haj- how are u getting on did AF turn up? i havent got my meds as i am now cancelling my tx for Feb. My aunt who i was close to suddenly died and i just cant take the thought of tx just now so will be putting it off untill May. Hope all is going well for u X

#10 ·
Hi Mish

I am so sorry to hear about ur aunt, i bet its the last thing you needed now :( my AF did finally show up and i am starting synarela on the 30th December and Puregon on the 18th and will be going for my scan on 28th January so fingers crossed. So excited and hopeful but nervous at the same time, hubby is 100% convinced that its gonna work and i want to believe him but i cant bear going through everything and it doesnt work. was this your first time going to Norway?

HAJ
XX

#11 ·
Hi Haj- Yeah i can totally understand u thinking about how u will feel if it doesn't work, its a thought, isn't it? ??? But i suppose u gotta try, its difficult though esp the 2ww and its hard trying to find a balance between being positive and try not to build ur hopes up to much. This will be my 4th cycle but my first one in Norway, how about u? its your first Norway cycle too isn't it? are u going to stay in the Raddison?

MISHA X

#12 ·
Hey Mish

Yeah that is soo true but emotions all over the place. yeah it is my first ivf in Norway actually it my first ivf anywhere. i just hope im taking the medicine properly and i hope that it works. how was your christmas? i guess it must have been hard without your aunt. Yep staying at raddison i guess it willl be pretty different compared to last time but fingers crossed that it works out. i been working like crazy so i can just about get the money together but i hope it will be soo worth it. when are you going to try next mish?

HAJ
XXX

#14 ·
HEYY Helen

OMG im going on the 28th too. Dont worry everyone has different reactions to synarela or so i am told ( its my first attempt too and i am convinced its not going to work because im not taking it properly. I started my injections on the 19th which definately are working i think ( got bruises all over my tummy and just generrally feel tired and a little painful). R u taking the injections yet?

Good luck with everything

HAJRA :)

#15 ·
^bigbad^hi haj
i have scan on same day but late on as only arrive 4,30
i didn't get syringe either just pregnyl, 1st time for me too so no idea what is going on. Just hope i am doing everything right! We are at the hotel Amanda on the seafront not as big as raddison  but nearer town to save on the bus!! How are you feeling? When do you fly x x x

#16 ·
Ladies

Wishing u both lots of luck, keep me up todate on how u are both getting on and how you found that clinic. ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

oh Helen let me know how the hotel is, i am still a wee bit undecided about going back to the raddison?

Will keep u both in my ^pray^

MISHA XX

#17 ·
Thanks mish - i am soo nervous. woke up at 6 this morning soo excited but scared at the same time lol but in a good way i think.

Helen- I talked to Arne and he said that he will give me the needle for pregnyl so its ok. My flight arrives at 4.30 from stanstead so i am having my scan
either later on tomorrow or first thing ( still to be confirmed).  i hope everything goes perfectly for you and fingers crossed that we both get what we
waiting for :).

Where are you fly from?

HAJ XXX

#18 ·
Stansted  on Friday!  are we on same flight then?! Spoke to nurse today and am in on saturday  at 9!  no bruises on my tummy from injections but hope the irrational screaming fits at undeserving people is indication that something hormonal is going on.x x x god i wish you so much luck and prayers for success x

mish - will let you know about hotel x

#19 ·
Aaaaagh here we go then... Flying south to stansted to fly back north.... Let's pray these meds have worked that's 1st hurdle! Last injection will be done in romantic setting of Edinburgh airport toilets good job I managed to do them without DH needing to hold my hand...
Scan Saturday... Of we ever get past this30mph lorry holding us up on way to airport..Aaaaagh x x lol ;)

#20 ·
omg we were on the same flight lol sorry just got ur message. were u on the bus by any chance? omg aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggh. sorry lol- really nervous. i really hope that you get ur bfp. honestlty i wouldnt wish this on my worst enemy. i am past the excited stage... now on the omg im scared phase lol. Been quite a trek for you Helen. hope you didnt have to wait too long at the airport. i guess we will probably bump into each other tomorrow coz Jon is going to do my scan tomorrow at 9 as well.
Thanks soo much Mish for all the kind words . i pray that you get you get your wee angel soon- you definately deserve it after everything you have been through. :)

haj:)

#22 ·
Ladies

How are u both, hope ur journey to clinic was ok. Did first scan go ok for you both?? when are u going back, how often do they scan u at this clinic?? oh and what injection?? LOL XX

Wishing u both lots of luck

#23 ·
Hi misha
one scan! Ec on Monday! We get pregnyl injection to stimulate eggs 9pm tonight and not looking forward to it!  hotel Amanda is lovely by the way. Right on water front in town. 20 mins walk from clinic and great buffet style food. Also has sauna and mini gym but no pool. Great rooms! Will post Monday about next part of the adventure x

#25 ·
Hi :)

Sorry havent been on just been lazing around the hotel coz everything else soo damn expensive. How did ec go yesterday Helen? was hoping to bump into you again. We went there at 9.30 and they did the egg collection at 10.00, dont think the morphine had kicked coz it really hurt. did it hurt for you too? or maybe i just being a big baby. They got 11 eggs but decided to only use 7 and out of those have fertilised so have to wait tomorrow to see if they survive :). i really hope they do. i dont know if thats a good numbr coz never been throught this but i guess i was a bit disappointed was hoping to have a few more fertilised.  Thanks mish for all the support. they have only done two scans soo far- one when we got there and one i think to when they were tking the eggs out.  I had Arne doing theec and he was sooo nice actually everyone was really lovely so dont worry u will be in great hands when you come.

tc
mwaah

#26 ·
Hi, just wanted to say hello  :) We are going to Hausken in February, we have our initial consultation on the 24th. Looking forward to hearing what Jon has to say ;D ... this is our first IVF round (though we have been TTC for over five years now with Clomid, Metformin, Taxomifen etc etc not working). Already stressed out chasing the NHS to release my medical notes btw....

I hope everything is going wekll for those over in Norway at the mo!!

-Eva

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.