Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Any May intros?

35K views 391 replies 24 participants last post by  littlepoppy86 
#1 ·
Hello :)

Just wanted to get to speak to people going through intros in may..

We have panel end of April & have been told 5 days long distance intros and 5 days at our home...

Excited doesn't cover it! Still feeling anxious like someone's going to pull the carpet from under my happy feet!

X

#155 ·
No, we took a gamble! Approved for 0-3 and brought 12-18months as had an incline would be a boy....gamble so far has paid off, matching panel next week for a gorgeous 10month blue!!!

It was all in the sale so felt like a bargain! X

#156 ·
My inner thought is a 2 year old little boy but we the sw has put us down for approval for either gender 0-2 1/2.

I have bought lots of books, a couple of bath things, swimming bag and puzzles. Shouldn't have really but my nephews could make use of it all if the worst happened.

#157 ·
Yes we're May Intros too, all being well  ^pray^
I'm afraid I was very well behaved at first but recently have gotten carried away with purchasing little boy outfits.  ;D
My best friend has already bought little man a Timberland top & jeans. I almost cried in the shop as She said "I've been waiting for years to buy for you like you've done for my son for years and years."  :'(
DH is now saying no more shopping until MP.  :-X That's 24 days away....eek!
We've done our photo book with teddy & us & family & in various locations round the house.
Anyone thought of or got any gift ideas for the FC? 

#158 ·
Hey becky,

Wow your signature from may onwards is identical to our journey! Approved in Feb too...what age are you linked? We're 10m boy...

That's so so sweet of your friend, there's some good ones out there!! When are intros after panel?

Babas we started with those bits an like you if anything happened our nephew could have them...we did have a fully decorated nursery with cotbed, clothes and toys before approval panel..it did occur to me the day before if we're refused going home to that would have Ben awful but it all worked out! We got a lot/still do get comments about having been so prepared by family thinkin it was silly and we should have waited...my mum in particular said we shouldn't buy anything till he's home..my answer is always well what do we bring him home in & what will he sleep in?!?

X

#159 ·
Hi Becky,

Good question about FC pressie, we've been thinking about cinema vouchers as she has 2 children. But really want to get her something to keep too as a reminder if blossom but not sure what (we are hoping to get some inspiration when we go to her house!)

#160 ·
We bought our fc a willow tree keepsake box first time around. We bought the second fc a willow tree figure. Some of them are quite sentimental especially when you read the little card that comes with them.

As for the shopping well its never stopped haha. Dh is as bad as me for clothes and both boys have extensive wardrobes ;D

#161 ·
Wow littlepoppy86, we're a 10 month old blue too! Well actually he will now be 11m. Spooky!  ;D

our intros are straight after panel, as in, the same day. The idea is that as SW and FC really feel very strongly (as do we!) that he should be living with us for his first birthday & time is very tight, they are going to ratify the same day as panel recommendation. Apparently they can do this under special circumstances. I can't wait & how lovely that they are going to do this for us to celebrate his birthday so soon after he arrives.  :)

Ooh Willow Tree sounds like a lovely idea as there's some gorgeous ornaments. The only thought I had was for a photo frame or ornament of some sort but it's tricky to pick before you've seen the FC house & I don't want to leave it until intros to add hassle of picking something then. Hmmmmm. Time for another browse of the shops .... It'd be rude not to! X

#162 ·
Willow tree idea is fantastic! Thank you :) ill see where we can can them from then have a nosy in her house during intros to check he hasn't already got them!

Wow Becky that's crazy!! How exciting! Ours will be 11months during intros so very close ages!!

I keep getting heart palpitations an nervousness from today about it not going ahead!! I hate feeling pessimistic but as people have said before we've had the rug pulled so many times I'm feeling a bit iffy...come on 3sleeps!!

Fun subject - how's everyone going to celebrate?

DIY you must still be floating in happiness from your panel!

X

#165 ·
We did handprints with our 10 month old. I then cut them out and stuck them around a nice photo we had taken of little pink and framed it as a gift. It was tricky but a lovely keepsake for foster carers. We did it towards the end of intros on a day we were bathing her before taking her back. It was a paint in nappy in the bathroom and then straight in the bath job I must admit  ;D

#166 ·
Haha lolly that's great...you can get these invisible ink ones, not sure how good they are? I can see us getting into a mess with the paint or clay ha xx

#167 ·
What a lovely idea! Think we might brave the paint as think FC will love it!

2 sleeps and am getting carried away with nerves now! Paranoid that even if they don't say no they might cancel panel due to some obscure reason lol

Not sure what we'll do, certainly involve some bubbles! We have a big family meal planned for the Mon before intros as celebration/last meal together before we expand as a family  :)

#168 ·
Hugs Trinjac I fekt exactly the  same.  Our fc sent some photos of our girls opening the Easter presentsvwe sent which was lovely really made mine and DH s day  ^banana^ ^jumpin^ ^festival^ ^cloud9^ ^cloud9^ . Last one without egg hunts and fun things.  Can't wait x x

#169 ·
DIY that sounds like a lovely photo to receive! :) how lovely!!

We have a family thing planned for sat before intros :) think we might go for a meal with bubbles!! X

#170 ·
Ahh diva that must have been a lovely surprise! I'm hoping for a recent photo of blossom but not sure if we can ask?

Can't wait for next Easter, already planning what we'll do  :)
And don't even start on the excitement we feel at the thought of Christmas I think I might actually burst! ^spin^

#171 ·
I'd definitely ask for more photos, they change so much so quickly. In the grand scheme of things with technology these days it's not a big ask. I've given my email and mobile no to FC & hope they may send me more photos. They did send me a lovely email with a list of likes and dislikes & all the brands of products they use.

I have two gorgeous photos of little man but I think I may ask for an up to date one closer to Panel day. I know our LA put a photo of the child up at MP so everyone can see them when they make their decision. Sweet but I guess it will make it a whole lot more emotional!!
Ooooooh it's all so exciting. I find myself thinking "next time I do this there'll be another member of the family". Wow. How amazing  :)

#172 ·
Becky were the same, each day that goes by just thinking how different life will be! Those 10 days after panel till intros will be so long!

Good idea asking for photos at panel, I think our foster carer is too old for email etc, she said she doesn't even text bless her...

Anyone with tomorrow panel or was it just thurs & wed?

Good luck to you all, I have no doubt you'll all be amazing :)

X

#173 ·
I think I will ask for more photos, we do already have quite a lot but must be a month old now!

We are at panel tomorrow  :eek:
Plan to try and keep occupied but already woke up with a tummy full of butterflies!

#175 ·
It will go perfectly trin I'm sure. We are lucky fc sent about ten photos yesterday.  Really made our day I'd ask after panel because they probably aren't allowed till then and I would say please can we have some recent photos to put up in the house to make lo feel more at home when they come. We're putting a few up round the place to help with the girls sense of belonging x x

#176 ·
Fab idea DIY, I'm going to ask if they can bring a recent one along :)

Just took the pushchair out it's packaging! Thought needed a test run!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.