Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fife & Ninewells rollercoaster part 1

122K views 1K replies 45 participants last post by  cacamac 
#1 ·
Welcome to your new home happy chatting

I also thought it may be nice to have a little list of all your bumps and babies so drop me a line on the thread and i will get a list made up

bubs

#602 ·
Thanks for the welcome corrinann  :)
Looking forward to sharing my journey with everyone!
Congrats on the BFP  ;D ;D, wishing you a healthy pregnancy

Gem xx

#603 ·
Hi wishingalways and gem15, welcome to the board. Always nice to have new people join the  ^afro^

Well, Kirsty two tomorrow! Can't believe how quickly they have flown by. She's no longer my wee baby (not that she was small to start with!) and is now a proper little girl with likes, dislikes and opinions starting to form on things (likes Raa Raa the noisy lion, dislikes afternoon naps....when incidentally Raa Ras is on).  ^wave^

Anyway, better go and see what mischief she's getting up to now!  ;D

#604 ·
Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing OK and those of you who are pregnant, I hope you are taking it easy!.

I'm just waiting on AF to arrive - should be in teh next week or so, then I can start my stimming for first IVF.  Getting really excited now as I have never been this close before!.

Was also at acupunture last night (been going weekly again in prep for IVF) and as always she took my pulses but was there for ages.  I knew something was up as she kept going back to them then she asked me how I was feeling in my body which I replied all normal although got sore (.)(.) way earlier than normal and been having funny aches in my ovary area.  She then replied that she wasn't doing nay Moxi (herb that gets burned on your body) as my pulses were very irratic and similar to when you are pregnant...........
Well............. I just about fell off the bed but due to this she didn't want to take any chance as they don't use Moxi in the first trimester.  I'm not getting my hopes built up as nnot due AF until another week so not sure how this could be detected so soon.  I've been gettting Acupuncture for nearly a year and this is the first time this has ever happened.

Anyone had this expereince??

Jen x

#605 ·
HI Jen,

sorry i cant give you any advice.... but OMG how exciting is that........ I have been going to acupuncture for about 6 months and always hope she was to say something like that.  THey do say that they are really good at detecting these things and if you believe in acupuncture you never know the sience goes back hundreds of years.....

Def keep us posted.... you hear people falling pregnant the month before they start all the time... so you never know... and if its not at least your on the doorstep of starting IVF anyway so that will keep you going. xxx

#606 ·
Hi Jen
Wow how strange/spooky/exciting! Keep us posted. How soon can I do a pg test? Cant clear blue pick BFP up 5days before AF?
X

#607 ·
Tjenny - def keep us posted!  :)

I know everyone may already be past this stage but is anyone going to the info evening at ninewells on 5th march?? Or has anyone been to one before, is it worth it??

Gem xx

#608 ·
Hi girls, hope you are all keeping well in this cold snowy weather!  ^cold^

Gem - i would recommend the info night, it gives you a good idea of time scales etc & an opportunity to ask any questions.

Jen - how spooky, i have never had acupuncture but i did have a surprise natural BFP the month i was supposed to start my 1st IVF (unfortunately i miscarried  ^angel^) and have heard lots of similar stories so fingers crossed! ^pray^  Definitely get an early pregnancy test hun!

Was wondering if anyone had experience with reflexology? Was thinking of having some alternative therapies to try to help me stay positive over the next few weeks as feeling very anxious at the moment.
x
x
x

#609 ·
Hey

Thanks for the good luck wishes everyone!  Can't bring myself to do a pregnancy test as I can't bare the disappointment so will just wait until I'm definitely late.  I'm going to remain positive & pray in the meantime  ^pray^

Gem15 - I would recommend the info evening as it was a great way for DH to listen & learn rather than hear me rabbit on about IVF  ;D

Haggis81 - I've never tried reflexology but as you can see I'm a fan of acupuncture & I'll definitely be keeping that up when I get my BFP  ;)

Jen x

#610 ·
HI everyone,

I am trying to work out dates and i have a question.... any help greatly appreciated.

So i know i start the nasal spray on day 21 of my cycle, then hopefully i will have af around normal time day 27/28 then after another two weeks of spray i go in for my baseline scan (which i think they might have said they always do on a friday but i could be wrong about that), then the week of the baseline scan i start taking my injections.....

How long do you usually take injections for and how many scans will you have, i really cant remember what the nurse said... and was wondering what everyone elses experiences where.

:)

#611 ·
WA - I started DR (but with injections not spray as last time spray not work and I was DR for AGES) but DR should take 2 approx weeks ish - after DR for approx 2 wks you will go for a baseline scan to ensure there is no activity in your ovaries  - if no activity then you can start on stim drug which are for about 10 days ? - then after the stimming 10 days you get an action scan to ensure your folies / lining are good then its egg collection a few days later - after egg collection you have to wait to see how many eggs fertilised / went on to show division  - they might transfer them back on day 3 (embi stage) or wait till day 5 (which is blastocyst stage) - after embryo transfer its approx 14 days to test date  - so from starting DR spray to testing for a prgnancy it coudl be as little as 6 weeks or as long as 8/9.

hope this helps xxxxxxxxxxx

#612 ·
Thanks Corrinann i know its not an exact science but i was just trying to work out dates.  I had a physic reading and she new told me she saw me having a son and that he would be concieved in april which as it happens if the invoices hurries up and they dont mess about sending the spray should be in april when im doing my test.  ^pray^

Gem - how did you find out about the info evening on the 5th march, they mentioned to us at our first appointment about going to one if we wanted but we live an hour away and its hard getting childcare so i dont know if we will be able to go or not.... do they have to invite you or can you just phone up and ask.  :-\

#613 ·
:) Hi All , I was wondering if I could join this thread as DH and I are away to start our 3rd cycle of IVF on my Feb cycle xxxx ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

#614 ·
Hi  :)

Wishingalways, I just looked on the website for dundee acu and it had the date on there. I phoned anne and she said that anyone can attend, you don't ned an invite  :) its on 7pm till 8.30ish. We are about an hour away also. Let me know if you can make it, would be nice to put a face to the name  ;D

Hi carrieanne :)
welcome and good luck for your tx! Sending lots of babydust your way :)

#615 ·
Hi everyone!

Still no AF yet (2 days late) but really feel like she is on her way  ^bigbad^

Have all the symptoms like sore (.)(.) still, tiredness along with strange tingling in my legs like growing pains??  Everytime I think, yip, here she is and go to the loo, nothing!  Hormones are wicked things aren't they  :mad:

If no show by Saturday then I will definitely do a test so will keep you all posted!

Babydust and best of luck to you all.

Jen x

#616 ·
Aww jen, keeping everything crossed for you that af doesnt arrive  ^pray^ ^pray^
Think ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Sending lots of babydust x

#617 ·
Thanks Gem, i will go onto the website and have a look.  I will check my rotas and let you know if we will be going.  We dont really have any childcare for especially at night so i dont know if we will be able to go but i will try my best and let you know.

tjenny, I know what you mean i think i would want to be several days late before testing  especially after ttc for so long, but you have all the symptoms and the really inpatient inquisitive and totally selfish part of me says TEST TEST TEST  ;D.  Cant wait to here. xx

#618 ·
Wishingalways - yeah let me know if you can make it. if not then if you have any questions you want me to ask for you id be happy to do that  :)

Gem x

#619 ·
Hi all

Ok so I caved tonight and it's a BFN  :(

Was so convinced it would be positive as I've got so many pregnancy symptoms and still no AF, not sure what's going on with my body right now  ???

May do another test Sat morning since I'll ten be 5 days late & I read that testing in the morning is better than night?

Jen x

#620 ·
Aww jen

Sending lots of ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^
But I think your right about testing in the morning, do def do another on saturday!
hope your okay

Gem xxx

#621 ·
Aw tjenny, im sorry... iknow what its like to get your hopes up but some people do take a while to test positive.... are you usually late?

#622 ·
Thanks Wishalways and Gem  ^hugme^

I have been late by a day or 2 before but never had the twingers and sore (.)(.) like I have for the past 10 days.  I normally get these the day or 2 before AF is due to arrive so can't figure out what's happening this month.  I've not had them the past 2 days so maybe the witch will turn up soon?

Will still test tomorrow though but now I want her to show so I can start my IVF, very frustrating!!

Jen x

#623 ·
Well Ladies today is a great day ;D ;D got home from work, end of the week and my pack had arrived, with my start date and my invoice.... its beginning to feel real.

Start nasal spray march 27th........45 days and counting

#624 ·
Great news wishingalways  ;D ;D
Must be a great feeling knowing you are getting started soon!!
Keep us posted how you are doing!
Gem xx

#625 ·
Hi all and welcome to the new ladies, ive got all crossed for you  ^reiki^ Love that feeling when the pack come sooooo exciting and scarey all at the same time.
Tjenny sorry you got a bfn, I decided the witch was not going to turn up last month but she did ,makes you go a bit  ^idiot^ at times - hope your ok toots.  ^hugme^
Linz - been thinking about you, hope your ok  ^hugme^
Still not decided when were starting it all again, im enjoying my weekends to much at the moment HIC hahah

#626 ·
Hi all
Just popping on to wish those starting treatment lots of luck. I don't post so often these days but try to check in with the "rollercoaster" girls when I can  ^hugme^  Just in the middle of completing a job app - so many these days need you to complete their own app rather than send a CV and it takes AGES! 

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.