Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxford Fertility Unit Cycle Chatter pt 2

48K views 627 replies 38 participants last post by  Shellebell 
#1 ·
happy ^gossip^ and lots of ^fairydust^ to all

#3 ·
Hi Girls,

I've not been on FF's for awhile (Don't know whether anyone remembers me?!) but I'm hoping to have my FET in January so here I am!  :)  Looking forward to chatting with you all and sending lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^  to everyone what ever stage you are with tx!

Love  Bunny xxx

#5 ·
Poppy - hope everything went well today. It gives us all hope  :)

Freeze - just wanted to ask you what the consultation with the Lister clinic was like? We are looking to talk to another clinic as we feel oxford seem to answer most questions with 'I don't know!' and are trying to figure out which other clinics are any good.

AFM - had our 2nd follow up appointment yesterday after having my FSH levels done and feel it was a complete waste of time. He told us exactly the same as our 1st follow up so I don't really get what the point of waiting for the fsh levels to come back was. Basically we have 1-2% chance of getting pregnant with my eggs and basically it would be a waste of time trying again, but of course we could if we wanted to! Then he said we would be much better off using donor eggs as it would be more like a 50% chance of getting pregnant.
We consider ourselves very lucky that we have 1 more go on the NHS and he said it could be either my eggs or with a donors. I didn't realise that you could do a donor cycle on the NHS. I just feel completely confused about what to do. He said he would send us info about donor egg cycles, but I thought it was a shame he didn't have the info with him so we could discuss it more fully. All he said was the wait is about a year and a half for donor eggs.
I feel a bit pushed in to using a donor especially as my DH isn't really sure about it. My DH has said we should get an opinion from a different clinic, but I don't know which one.
I'm sorry to go on I just feel so confused  :-\

MissJ
xx

#7 ·
Hope it all went well Poppy.. can't wait to hear your news x x x x

#8 ·
bookmarking

congrats Poppy on your arrival.x

#9 ·
Morning Ladies... I've been away for a while - xmas is a busy time!!!!

Just wanted to wish everyone a very Merry Xmas and New Year and I hope 2012 is the best year for all of us...

Syd - how are you going girl? I see planned for Feb - that is wicked news...We were planning to do FET in January but i had a phonecall the other night as I entered the Lister Fertility Clinic comp to win one of 23 free IVF cycles next year and we won! I am over the moon i just can't believe it.. We have a consultation in January so we will be able to find out a little more about the clinic and the consultant.. I never win anything so someone up there is looking out for us.... So this means i won't be at Oxford for the next cycle but i will def keep in touch and check in and i really hope this is your time... Good luck

Jen - same to you my lovely.... If you are reading.. wishing you all the very best... I will check in...

Lots of love and have a wonderful new year everyone

Jess

#10 ·
DMHW - Wow that is great news.So happy for you...Keep in touch and also keen to understand how Lister compare as we are also considering other options. BTW we still haven't had our letter yet so who knows when our follow up appointment will be as we have to wait for the letter first i was told!!!  :) :) :)

Happy Christmas to everyone and also  ^pray^ ^pray^ that 2012 is a good year for all of us.....please let us have some luck for a change.

Love and best wishes to you all.xxx

#11 ·
Jess, that is fantastic news!! Am so thrilled for you chick! Does that mean you'll be doing a fresh cycle again? Will be interesting to compare tx at two clinics. Definitely keep in touch, will be with you every step of the way! We had our follow-up last Friday and it was positive. The doc said that the only thing that wasn't perfect about our cycle was the outcome. My response was great, my eggs were great and our little pip was an A grade perfect blast so there's nothing to say it won't work next time. It was just bad luck and we need to be persistant. We're very, very fortunate to have 3 funded cycles with our PCT and one of the conditions of the funding is a six month break between tx so I'll be booking back in Feb to start DR in Mar. Seems so far away right now when we're so keen to get going again but with Xmas and our holiday i'm sure it'll be here in no time. Sturne, we were given our appointment when we called with the result on test day so might be worth calling to chase. Good luck! Hi to all, Syd x

#12 ·
Sturne - thanks very much.. Will def keep in touch and let you know how we get on.. Good luck with your treatment to come... Have a great Christmas..

Syd - Yup a fresh cycle funded... I'm still in shock! - We never win anything.... We didn't have a follow up appointment. We rec'd our letter in the post a couple of weeks ago.. I think they will just tell us the exact same thing as they told you cos when i spoke with our nurse she bascially just said that... Hey ho.. Moving on and up for all of us.. I will def keep in touch and let you know how we get on.. Good luck with your tx.. Enjoy xmas and we may be on the new feb/mar thread!

xxx

#13 ·
Hi everyone!

Drugs arrived today - seems a bit real now and I'm getting scared!

OMG D/R starts on Tues - hopefully 2012 will be a better year than 2010 and 2011  :)

#14 ·
Morning Ladies,

Official referral done for IVF at CFU/OFU! Will be paying privately due to real proper rubbish PCT funding. So hoping to hear early 2012 for appt's. Does anyone have any advice about diet or anything in the wait for IVF? Taking supplements as is DH, and tried to increase protein intake.

Just wondered if there was any other tips at this stage.

Wishing you all a very merry Christmas and sending baby dust to one and all!

^hugme^ ::) ^hugme^
Em x

#15 ·
whoop whoop Em!

It won't be long I found everything really quick from GP referral. Once you are in the CFU system and have had all your blood tests it will take no time at all.

Scary stuff but will be worth it in the end  :)

#16 ·
Hi ladies,

Just a quick one, Em, I stopped drinking and started eating really healthy, and doing lots of exercise months before treatment. Just think getting as healthy and fit as possible is a good idea because the drugs can make you feel pretty rotten, and I believe your body is more likely to get pregnant if it is in the best shape. This doesnt last by the way, by the time I started stimms I had to stop a lot of the stuff I was doing in the gym, because I didn't feel great. Then if it all works out the morning sickness may stop the healthy eating! Getting a bit back on track now. Best of luck, you'll be in good hands!

Clomper xx

#17 ·
Thanks Girls!!

Clomper - so happy your treatment has been a success! Must be a fabulous feeling. Thanks for the advice. I've been swimming regularly, walk the dog and do yoga. So hoping that I am pretty healthy. Eating pretty healthily, do love a little chocolate though. As for drinking, I haven't really been drinking for months and months, have the odd glass of wine but no more than 2 small glasses a fortnight I wouldn't think and plan to stop completely once I get my first appt letter! Wooo hoo, hoping for a great 2012!

Chandlerino - let me know how you get on with the drugs. Hope that if you are going to get any side effects, they are not immediate and you get to enjoy Christmas with the family, bet your daughter is getting excited now.

Will keep you posted with any news.
  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Em x

#18 ·
I will Em - getting nervous now and panicking I'll forget to sniff!

Yes DD very excited - although starting to question whether FC is real! think this might be the last year we get away with it for her anyway as she is 9 - might be ok tho as fingers crossed we will have new baby/ies by next Xmas!!!

#19 ·
Half way through my 2WW.

Test Christmas Eve, so will either be a really crap Xmas or the best. Trying not to think about it but makes it worst.

#20 ·
Hi ladies,

Sorry for the delay - I forgot to bookmark the new thread! Thks for all yr lovely good luck msgs :-*

Harry Joseph arrived on the 15th Dec weighing 8lbs 14oz & is just perfect

Cant recommend Glos hosp highly enough - our care has been amazing & the new mat unit is lovely. Bumped into one of the CFU nurses yest who popped in to cuddle Harry. Hope to get home later today.

Will catch up properly when im back on my pc.

Lots of love, Poppy xx

#21 ·
Congratulations Poppy - So happy for you. Nice to hear some positive news.  :) :)

#22 ·
Woohoo Poppy! Wow what a big boy! I bet he's all cuddly and cute! Harry is a lovely name too!

Good to hear glos mat unit is nice! My midwife said it was, but haven't been there before, we may end up there in may unless they let us go to birthing unit in Cheltenham or Stroud.

Congratulations!

Clomper xx

#24 ·
Congrats Poppy.. Massive hugs xxx

#26 ·
Well done Poppy on the safe arrival of Harry!

Getting all in tis about forgetting to start sniffing in the morning! I can't believe how quick its come round really - I hope I'll be following Poppy and checking out the new unit at GRH. When I had my DD in 2002 it was horrible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.