Cycle Support Thread - South West - Part 2

158K views 2K replies 39 participants last post by  Squiggly 
#1 ·
Happy chatting ladies.

xxxx

#2 ·
Thankyou Tillypops  :)

#3 ·
A new thread for new beginnings. For all of us.

^fairydust^

#4 ·
Ooooh a new home! lol thank you :D

Hi all - sorry I've not been online lately - have had a few issues and demons that I needed to deal with in my head :)

I hope you're all ok.... it will take me about 10 days to go through all the last posts to get up to speed with you all, but I'll be as quick as I can xxxx

#5 ·
Just bookmarking, been wondering when we would get a new home xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcx

#6 ·
PTP hope you have a safe journey home and sorry you have to leave DH in London.  ^hugme^  You have all of us to chat to so I hope that will help with the wait.  ^hugme^

Pika how are things? Hope you are taking things easy and work is ok.  ^hugme^
Jack hope things go well today and you are PUPO soon  ^reiki^

Loads of  ^fairydust^  to you all

#7 ·
Hi Nolly, nice that you have things happening this month to help make the time fly. I found that once I was on the testosterone and counting down the days I had to used it the time just flew by. I am taking Complain, which is a nutritional shake that you can by in Tesco's, it's the sort of thing people who aren't well drink if they need to get nutritional intake and is high in protein. Ocean told me to start using them after egg collection. They said it could be any protein shake, and recommended something called buildup. As tescos was on our way home we just picked up whatever they had. I guess you could use the protein shake that athletes use, or as I said to my husband, slim fast and similar are all versions of protein shakes just that if you are drinking them to loss weight you wouldn't be eating normal meals, whereas Ocean wanted me to eat normal meals as well. I am a bit worried about the vitamin A in complain but have googled the nutritional value of build up which is the make the specifically recommended and that has an even higher vitamin A content and slightly lower protein amount. The whole idea is to warn of OHSS, as that can make you really ill. Protein is also known to be good for egg quality, and I think I read somewhere if you can manage to 60 grams of protein a day that would help. I am probably consuming about 90!!!

On to sperm. I am not an expert but these are things I have read that might help:-
vitamins, well man conception or similar, selenium, zinc, vitamin C - anglebumps fertility protocol goes into more about this and other vits
Cutting out the junk............so no smoking, alcohol, drugs etc etc, I am a bit sceptical about some of this, my DH has never smoked or taken drugs and is not a heavy drinker, yet friends of ours who do all of this have conceived naturally, however this is what the evidence says
Seeds, a cupfull of sunflower and pumpkin seeds a day, no idea why and can't even remember where I read it...............
Warming the kidneys - this is a Chinese view, along with accupuncture and Chinese herbs
And the thing that I believe is most important is period of abstinence - people recommend 2-3 days abstinence, we have found with out fail that 80-84 hours gives my DH the best quality and number of sperm. 60 hours and his count is never better than 3 million, 80 and it is always over 8 million and has been up to 13.
It takes 3 months for sperm to develop so your DH would need to be thinking about these things for 3 months if he wants to improve his swimmers.
However, bearing all this mind, if you are having ICSI which I guess you are it is kind of irrelevant what his sperm is like as long as there are as many good sperm as there are eggs, so I would say the maximum number of good sperm you would need are about 12. xxxxxxxxx

#8 ·
Jack lovely, just want to wish you best of luck for today.
I am currently lying on the sofa afraid to move a I have had a few little twinges around where my uterus is and am hoping and praying that this is the first signs of implantation happening but worried if I move it will stop it happening, ridiculous I know!  ^idiot^ ^idiot^ ^idiot^
Xxxx

#9 ·
Hi all!
Good to see you back plinky Hun! Hugs!

Kb doesn't sound mad you want to keep still, I think we can all relate! Great advice on the supplements xx

Nolly get cracking on the list kb put up! Soooo close, can't wait for you to get going!!

Jack Hun any news? Hope you are ok?

Missy hope hubby has some days off over the weekend so you can do something nice ... Or garden!

Ptp honey hope you are home safe and sound with your precious cargo!

Aa1 hi and hope you are ok!

Staddy good luck for consultant tomorrow!! Let us know how it goes!!

Anyone I missed, hugs!!

Afm - no more brown blood and pains subsided. Phew. Today was busy (yet calm) at work and went so fast! Another day closer to scan!
Thanks for all your kind thoughts. Am currently laying with my lovely cat laying down my legs in bed, she won't leave my side lately... Always close but maybe she can sense I need her cuddles! Xx

#10 ·
Oh and thanks Tillypops! Xx

#11 ·
Keeping hope you managed to spend the rest of the day relaxing, thank you so much for all the info. 

DH and I have been taking the preconception vitamins wellman/woman since last September and also a cod liver oil /omega 3 suppliment, I'll have a look into the other vits you mentioned.  I'd not heard of the seeds before, will suggest these to DH thanks.  I might wait and see if Ocean suggest the shakes to me though, didn't realise they were like a slimfast food suppliment. I'm only just managing to lose a few extra pounds, don't want to put them all back on again  :)

Pika really glad to hear your feeling better.

Hope everyone else ok xxx

#12 ·
Hello lovely ladies,

I am finally back home after what seems like an eternity.

Jack, how did it go yesterday Hun? Slightly concerned we haven't had any news from you... Hope you are nicely PUPO and it all went well.  ^reiki^

Pika, so relieved bleeding as calmed down. It is so terrifying. Aren't cats amazing - when I was pg in January both of mine wanted to sit on my stomach ALL the time. I didn't know then I was pg but it made sense after I tested. X

KB, ooooooooh sounds very promising my love. Have everything crossed for you. It doesn't sound mad at all. I had such a long journey home yesterday - 12 hours door to door- and had slight cramps so was really panicking I had over done it. I am going to take your example today.  :)

Missy, how are you doing? Any plans for the Jubilee weekend?

Plinky, hope you are ok. Your message was a little ominous so hope things are ok. X

Nolly, not long now. I am so excited for you. KB's info was really helpful. Acharya told my DH to take an extra 1mg of both vitamin c and e - to help with DNA fragmentation. I looked at how much he was taking already in the existing supplements and then we bought more to make up to 1mg accordingly. The clinic in Greece also prescribe doxycycline antibiotics for all the men for 21 days leading up to the cycle. I was a little sceptical about this but the success rates look impressive. Many couples no longer had to do ICSI for their male factor as the sperm perametres had improved so much they could do straight IVF. I know that Acharya will be dubious about this, as perhaps will the GP, so if you wanted to go down this route you might need to get Penny at Serum to do you a private prescription. We had two eggies fertilise for the first time ever so you might wonder whether the antibiotics helped us....

AFM, will have a lazy day today. Got a little worried about all my activity yesterday buy figure it was still early and they won't be implanting yet. Was up half the night wandering around the village in my dressing gown looking for my black cat. He came out of the cat hotel yesterday and was acting a little odd. He never usually goes out for so long so obviously I was beside myself. Thankfully he came in and all is well but I was getting pretty stressed. Urgh. Men!

Penny has prescribed me HCg injections for a few days so am not looking forward to that. I am also doing 2 x clexane injections a day too which isn't fun (sorry Missy - it hurts). All in the greater good though.  ;D

Love to all.
Xxx

#13 ·
Morning ladies,
Nolly I think you are right, I wouldn't think about the shakes unless ocean tell you to. Certainly I didn't use them last cycle and it is only because they are worried about OHSS that I'm drinking them now  :) I had an article given to me by Torbay hospital called drowning in numbers which was based on a study done by a Dr related to sperm and he strongly advocated vit c 1000mg and zinc.
Pika, I am so glad that you haven't had any more bleeding and pains gave stopped, that is good news, just make sure you chill as much as you can and avoid stress. 10 days to scan day  :)
Ptp, hope you are home safely and able to chill out and rest,whens ODT?
Missy, how are you my lovely? Hope your OK, enjoy your day with DH today, is he working over the bank holiday?
Plinky, great to have you back, think you and Missy will be cycling together  :)
AA1, hope your OK, not long till you get started now
Jack Hun, where you gone on this board, feeling any better?  ^hugme^
Hey to everyone else reading,
AFM, acupuncture last night and as we were driving down the A38 they shut the road and we saw a helicopter pickup another helicopter from in a field near Southbrent. Was pretty amazing. Anyway acupuncture with Sharon was lovely and I now have an ear seed in to keep me chilled. I am feeling really at peace today, not sure why, perhaps it's the ear seed  :) today is the let day I am letting myself do nothing, then from tomorrow back to living life as normally as possible, including writing my dissertation  ;D
Take care all
Xxxxxx
Ptp was just about to post your post came through  :) so glad that you are home safe but sorry to hear your cat has been causing you stress. last thing you need  ^hugme^ are the HCG injections instead of pessaries? Seriously I hate these pessaries, they are the worst part of it for me, I hate having wet knickers (tmi sorry) and if there was another option if we sadly have to go through this again then I will be begging what ever clinic we use o let me do that instead. Will also be looking into the sperm antibiotics  :) how long are you off work for? Xx

#14 ·
Jeeeeeeeze, I finally made it through 20 odd pages to catch up on you all - you've all had so much of a roller coaster ride since I was last a regular :(

Pika, what a horrible scare for you - I hope you're ok now and continue to be so  ^pray^ cats are fab at giving hugs and they solve so many of lifes problems :D glad they've moved the scan forward a bit as well for you

To all of you who are PUPO - YAY! I hope it continues to go to plan :)
PTP - glad you're back safe and sound honey....

Hello to everyone else  ^hugme^

Sorry it's not a very personal post, but with so much to catch up on I'd be writing an essay to reply to all of you individually hahaha

AFM - I'm kinda ok now, thanks for all the love while I've been awol. I'm still waiting for my initial appointment to arrive - only 3 weeks to go! And then hopefully we'll be starting with my 2nd July AF. Am overloading on pineapple juice, fruit, seeds etc etc, but am missing my high stacked carvery once a week lol. I'm dreading my neices bbq tomorrow as I'm not going to be able to pig out on too much food and Pimm's :( what a rubbish bbq that will be hahaha. I finally got my confirmation letter from Exeter last week, so it's kinda sinking in again now and am beginning the panic of "am I doing everything I need to be doing" routine. You know how it is lol. If any of you have any secret tips on what I should / shouldn't be doing, that'd be great ;)

I am a bit worried though - a couple of you are talking about being put on the pill for one of your stages? Do we all have to do that, cos I'm actually not allowed to take them cos they mess with my head :/ 

I can't wait to get started now - mainly so I know what you're all going on about in your posts - it's all very confusing hahahaha

Much love and have a jolly good long weekend xx

#15 ·
Plinky welcome back! Glad you are with us again!

Ptp oh no naughty kitty!! Welcome home too.

Kb sounds like I need an ear seed if it chills you!!

Jack hope all is ok??

Love to everyone else.

Afm.. Sorry for tmi and me post...bleeding and pain back with a vengeance and heavier and a bit redder with small clots. Not looking good or feeling good at all. Went to work but got sent home in a state and waiting for a call back from clinic.

#16 ·
Oh, clinic called, nothing can be done so just have to wait and see and maybe go for a scan on weds. She was so lovely but I know nothing more can be done it's just the horrible waiting x

#17 ·
Oh Pika :( I don't know what to say sweety -  I can't imagine what the wait will be doing to you. Am sending you huge hugs  ^reiki^  and  ^pray^ xx

#18 ·
Pika my love, I am so sorry to hear this. Truly awful. You were so supportive to me when I was bleeding so I hope you can remember a little of what reassurance you gave me at the time. Make sure you put your feet up. Can you increase your progesterone at all in the meantime? Is there any point trying for an emergency scan privately? There is a clinic in Exeter through ultrasound direct I think.

It really might not be bad news. Bleeding is so incredibly common. I just wish you weren't having to go through this. It isn't fair.

Xx

#19 ·
Pika lovely i am so so sorry your are bleeding again, bed rest is about all I can think of, as PTP said some people to bleed and and it doesn't mean things have gone wrong, sending masses of  ^hugme^ you way and hoping and praying things are going to be ok
Xxxxxx

#20 ·
#21 ·
Thanks my lovelies.
I only had a scan 2 days ago so it's not really worth it I suppose. They know it was in gbe right place so not concerned about ectopic which would make me ill so it really is just a waiting game. Am in bed and shall stay all day. Pains are like af pains and quite sore. I am pretty sure it's the end but shall try and ignore those annoying thoughts and get positive head on!!!! Xxx

#22 ·
Pika  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

#23 ·
That's really interesting that sheet ptp, thank you, maybe it's not the end then. God why is all this so hard?? Arrrgggghhh!!! Xx
Thanks ladies lots of love xxxx

Has anyone got jack on ** or anything? Worried we haven't heard from her? X

#24 ·
Hey Pika, jack is fine, I'm on a different thread with her and she posted on their yesterday to say she had had transfer, 2 embies, I'll copy and past her post across, I'm sure she won't mind xxx

#25 ·
Hey, this is jacks post from yesterday, jack so hope you don't mind me posting it

Two embies inserted today, grade 3, one with four cells and one with three, they were grade 2 but they started to fragment so were put on grade 3.    We were shown all these statistics by the embryologist about percentages of success, and our chances given our age too (36 and 38) are pretty low, however as I pointed out, if they took each individual case, i.e myself and DH where they cannot find anything wrong, then technically the chances of success should be higher.  So I think sometimes alot can be said for statistics, however dont want to jinx it and get a negative in two weeks time.  Im still feeling positive, got back and sank down a pint of pineapple juice. Im going to have an early night tonigt, I did last night, I was in bed by 9 and asleep by 9.20!  Have just forced down some casserolle as Im really not hungry at all, as tummy still  .

Pika, you are one seriously lovely person, with everything you have going on you are still thinking and worrying about others. Glad the link ptp sent is making you feel slightly reassured xxxxx

#26 ·
Pika try and stay  ^reiki^  hun, I know it's hard and we are all thinking of you. We all  ^pray^  that the rest will help the bleeding stop soon.  ^reiki^

PTP welcome home and I hope you gave your kitty a big cuddle even though he made you stressed.  ^hugme^

Jack congrats on being PUPO  :)

Plinky glad you are up to date again now  ;D

AA1, Nolly, KB and everyone else hi.  ^hugme^

AFM DH has sunday and tuesday off but no plans yet.  :(

Love to you all

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.