Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Adoption buddies - Aiming for approval in Spring/Summer 2014

157K views 1K replies 70 participants last post by  Waiting_patiently 
#1 ·
It's that time of year. The "new system" came into effect in July 2013 and for some of us that means prep group in September, October, November or December. If you are currently attending or getting ready to attend prep group and are looking to be approved by summer 2014, or just like to chat, join us in this thread.

#1,030 ·
Hi
We seemed to have hit a brick wall yet again! The one to one report that was supposed to take a week (2 weeks ago!) is now going to be another week and our SW wants to wait for the results of this before we proceed further. The SW is going to get back to us next Thurs, so I am thinking June panel is very doubtful now. The wait goes on..and on and it is one step forward and 2 steps back!

Ali x

#1,032 ·
Happy Good Friday! Everyone

So sorry Starry eyed - I've updated ur panel date, I think I go too far back sometimes and copy and paste older ones :(

PANEL ZONE

APRIL AND IN DATE ORDER

Next is THE SPOUSES - Not long to go  ;D
BIG WEEK NEXT WEEK with 4 going to panel

Thespouses - 22/4
Phinie35- 23/4
Weemoofrazz - 24/4
Babas- 25/4
Mafergal- 29/4
Bunny888 - TBC

MAY

Caroline S - 7/5
Dawn7 (Me and DH) - 8/5
Adoption Dreams - 19/5

JUNE
Arrows- 12/6
Starryeyed- 16/6
Ali - TBC
KimmiB - TBC
Treaco- TBC

JULY

2708Belle- 8/7

AUGUST

Live in Hope -TBC
Lorella- TBC

UNSURE or TBC

Beckyboo
Mamu
Ruthie82

MUMMIES TO BE  ;D

Disney Rocks 
Hunnibunni 
Twinkletoes13
Waiting Patiently
Millie
Someday soon
Jacks girl

Keep updating me on those all important dates  ;D xx

#1,034 ·
Congratulations Jacks Girl woohoo!! :)

Xx

#1,035 ·
Alig1972 - I feel ur pain, forgot to say u never know, we still have hope lol our sw has got an extension (by a couple of days) and she has said it'll all be done last min.

Fingers crossed for u xx

#1,036 ·
Ali fingers crossed for you it all gets sorted out and you are then back on track ^hugme^ ^reiki^. Thank you hunnibunni and starryeyed ^hugme^ :). Good luck for next week panel ladies :) I will be on hols abroad so prob won't be on from tomoz to Fri next week so good luck and lets keep growing that long list of Forever Mummies to be! ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^.

Lots of love and hugs to you all. Have a fab weekend xxxx

#1,037 ·
Hello lovely Ladies, hope you are all ok ! Ive been coming on now and again but needed some time away too. Me and DP have been thinking about adoption again but arent going to make a descion until after the holiday in May. Have missed you all and hope your all progressing well xxxx

#1,038 ·
Good to hear from you again, claudia. Hope that having a break for a while has really helped. Thinking of you as I know how difficult it can be to decide what to do.

Hope the four of you who are going to panel are good and not too nervous. It all happens very quickly and you'll be just fine!

#1,040 ·
Hiya Girls and happy Easter Sunday.... ^bunny^

We have panel on 4th of June for concurrent, and was wondering what attually happens at panel, and what kind of questions do they ask, and how long does it all take?
Starting to feel really nervous even though its a good few weeks away :eek:

Hope everyone is having a lovely day and not feeling sick with all the chocolate  ;D

xxx

#1,042 ·
Enjoy your holiday Jacks girl  :)

Thespouses, masses of good luck for you tomorrow! It will be us the following week & nerves are creeping upon me  ???

Hi there Claudia, lovely to hear from you! I hope you are well, the break was what you needed :)

I hope everyone had a lovely Easter.

Hope everyone else is well, especially all of you in the panel zone this week! I'm having a minor panic as no idea what to wear... I'm a jeans, t-shirt and converse kind of girl... time has got away from me  :-[

x

#1,046 ·
Good luck everyone at panel this week, you'll all be fine  ^hugme^

I wore dark jeans with boots, vest top and a linen jacket, oh just wore dark jeans with a short sleeved shirt, he was going to wear his suit (casualish) jacket with his jeans which he often does on a night out but he chose not too and was glad he didn't, it really was quite an informal meeting, just be tidy but comfortable, Im not a girly girl and considered a dress but didn't want to feel 'not me' when I was nervous enough as it was!

#1,048 ·
Hi All,

So major week this week, hope the 4 of you are ok and glad this week is finally here :)

The Spouses - Good luck for tomoz  :)

Regarding panel outfits, when we finally get to panel DH will either wear smart jeans or smart grey cords he has and a mock jumper/shirt combo.

Think I'm wearing a cardi/vest combo and smart black pants :)

FX we find out tomoz and even DH said he fills like he's in limbo land now (finally lol), as sw had an extension to finish our PAR.

Sorry for no other personals, but i'll be back on tomoz to say another good luck and update the mummies to be list  ;D

xxx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.