Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Serum Cycle Thread - Magical March and Abundant April 2014

262K views 2K replies 81 participants last post by  tracyl247 
#1 ·
This Thread is for -

Ladies who are testing up to the 30th April 2014

• Members that are starting and completing their monitoring or actual cycles (whether it be IUI/IVF/ICSI/FET) during
this time

• Members who are trying a natural cycle after a hysto

• Members who are on their 2 ww

• Anything else that is relevant to members who are currently cycling during March/April 2014

**This thread will close once the last person has completed their cycle, and is specific for cycle chatter only so once you get to the BFP/BFN this chatter should take place on the relevant threads **

Athens Meet Up thread - http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=289733.msg5068566#msg5068566

T
hings to keep in mind-

FF rules on Prescription Medication can be found here http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=288316.0 Please make yourself aware of these.

There is an extensive thread detailing places where drugs can be purchased legally at competitive prices. http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=9821.0 (start at the last page for the most recent information).

Left over drugs should be returned either to your administering clinic, or to a pharmacy for correct disposal.***

Fertility Friends always recommends that you seek advice on all treatment related query's with your clinic/treatment provider.

*As ever, FF advises its members to verify any information relating to their clinic direct with their clinic*

For Immune issues relating to Serum you will find a thread here http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=295845.0

For when you get your BFP please post here http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=313768.0

If this is not you time, then please drop in to the inbetweeners place http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=289718.0

Take Care All

Tracy

Please Note:

Information of obtaining a Purgeon Pen

If you have a problem obtaining one of these or you are not supplied with one with your prescription then you should ask your pharmacist to email Merck Sharp and Dohme Direct on customerservice_msduk@merck.com
and they will send a kit to your pharmacist for you to pick up.

The pharmacist needs to email them their full postal address and you need to allow 2-3 days for it to be delivered.
Note: they will not send direct to you as it is part of a prescribed medication order. Also worth noting that when you hand in your prescription to your pharmacist that you should remind them that they should also supply the pen for administering the medication.

Thanks to Petite one and Rosey78 for this information.

See less See more
#1,877 ·
Amazing daisy , so good to read ,
I hope this works out for you , xxxxxxxx

It seems some dr / IVF clinics in the uk don't 1/2 the stuff serum / penny do , having done 4 with the NHS and having friends cycling now under the NHS ,  I no the NHS are not great at hearing all this other info , seems sad to me as I would of been happy to have a hyso & make my DH Take doyc with own 1st few NHS cycles , who knows where I would be now ...............

X

#1,878 ·
OHH, well done Daisy Princess & 10x10, go girls! Boy did we need some good news here. Sooo much easier said than done, but try and enjoy being pregnant rather than focusing on what could go wrong. Wishing you both very ordinary pregnancies (if you get what I mean!)

Meikle, you made me :) with your comment about eating anything you had missed. I had an image of you sitting on the kitchen floor with all the cupboard doors open, bare shelves and just a few crumbs..

Silverstar, I think today you are 6dp (was it a 5dt?). If you did pregnyl shots you may want to hold out for another couple of days to make sure.

Jdm4 & Mamochka I you girls are OK & keeping up some ^reiki^

Sassylassy sending you another ^hugme^

Hi to all the other girls I've missed ^wave^

afm - I've still not tested, nutter eh? I'm thinking maybe Monday when I'm 11dp5dt so I only have to do one test to draw a line under yet another bl**dy failure.
Mx

#1,879 ·
Mitch@ ,

Right so EC Was on the tue8th and ETwas on the sun13th is that day 5 , feel so dim asking this , after 6 IVF's ,
I don't really understand the thing which girls  say they are  , ie you have side your 11pd5dt , what dose that mean ????

#1,880 ·
And yes I had that HCG shot , I had 3 , last one on thur 17th , xx

#1,881 ·
Silverstar, I could be completely wrong in the way I have interpreted the thread short hand, so ladies feel free to correct me!

For me I had a transfer on Thursday 10th, and day 1 is the following day Friday 11th.  Today Saturday 19th I'm 9 days post transfer or '9dp' and I had a day 5 transfer, so that's the '5dt' bit so all together 9dp5dt.

Lots of ladies have posted about how long the pregnyl takes to be processed out of your system, but I don't think you can go too far wrong by testing 48hrs+ after your last one.

Does that help?
Mx

#1,882 ·
Thanks Mitch@ , I'll work one numbers out & post ,

X

#1,883 ·
So I'm 6dp5dt ....... Never worked that out before . 

#1,884 ·
Hi ladies and especially mamo who I was lucky enough to meet up with for a night out in athens, as well as the other ladies i nervously chatted up in the waiting room last Sunday morning.

I had 3 fresh donor embies transferred. Did the pregnyl shots sun, tue,thu. And have been a testing crazy woman for several days. Frer. The line is always there. Got slightly more faint on Friday but today was exactly the same. Starting to be hopeful that if it gets darker tomorrow it may be for real, but beta isn't until the 25th. Mostly I'm just making myself crazy!

#1,885 ·
POAS (sensitivity 25iu) says its a faint BFP

I am most definitely not wildly excited. But least its a bit of positive news on Easter Sunday. Now, where's that chocolate egg….?

Mx

#1,886 ·
Congratulations mitch. dont worry about the strength a line is a line.  mine were very strong and coming up before i had took the test out if the cup ...... look where i am???? that was meant to reassure you, sorry if it hasnt come across that way!

just keeping up.with the pointless tablets and jabs and waiting for wednesday so i can have bloods done and finally put this busted cycle behind me and think about life without trying anymore. having a hard time in this.limbo land, would.rather stop meds and let nature.take its course, but p wont hear of it. "while theres a chance, theres a.chance, take it". hmmm, not hopeful.

but im glad to.see theres are hopeful messages on here, does.make.the heart a little lighter.
have a good one today, im planning on hiding all the easter.eggs and bunnies round the house for.the kids and they can go on a treasure hunt . :-D.

love to all
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

#1,887 ·
Lovely news Mitch , thinking of you and hoping that line stays !

Mom45 , not sure if we talked last Sunday morning ,
I had my ET then to , how are you feeling ?
Good luck for test day . XXXXX

Jdm ,  good luck for wednesday !   

#1,888 ·
Mitch - a line is a line is a line! Fingers crossed for you - are you going for hcg Tuesday if it continues to strengthen? x

#1,889 ·
Mornin peeps  :)

Mitch: Way to go, hope that line is darkening nicely for u xx

Silverstar: Mega good luck for test day xx

Momagain: You brave lady with the daily poas... looking good so far xx

10x10: Hope your weekend went well... did u go ahead and tell the family?? xx

AFM: I know your not supposed to but stopped taking the prednisolone... couldn't stand the swollen glands any longer... the good news is the glands back to normal within 24hours... bad news mega mega diarrhoea  :(  am assuming that is a side effect... emailing Penny today with experience and hoping to get some guidance on what to do next... onwards and upwards I say time to make another plan  ;)

#1,890 ·
I AM SOOOOOOOOO TIRED ! And dreading test day , anyone else ?

#1,891 ·
Evening ladies.
Ssshh! its been a bit quiet here hasn't it (including me).

Silverstar - have you decided when are you testing? Sending some ^reiki^ your way.

Meikle - Eeek! the swollen glands/diarrhoea combo sounds awful. I hope you are feeling better now & Penny has emailed back and you are looking to the future again.

10x10 - hope you are OK. Did you get more bloods done on Saturday? I'm hoping they were still doubling nicely for you.

Jdm4tth3ws - thinking of you & have everything crossed that tomorrow brings you some super news!

Momagainat45 - well done on your BFP & hope those lines are still there. Booo to more waiting for bloods. Don't people understand we FF ladies need instant results?

Mamochka - how's things with you? hope you are OK.

Daisyprincess - I hope you are hanging in there & your spotting has gone

Hi to all the other ladies who I know are reading & keeping up with the news.

afm - I didn't POAS again after the first one (I couldn't find a chicken icon or I would have inserted it ;D), mainly as P said to take Pregnyl shot so it would have only showed this. I had IL's done on Sunday, more pregnyl today after persuading my GP that he wanted to do my bloods for me. So more waiting to see what the scores on the doors are. I'm almost happy not to know at the moment ^idiot^

Have a lovely evening all.
Mx

#1,892 ·
I'm thinking thur ........ But I may chicken out ( we need a chicken icon )

Mitch@ good luck with your test xxxxxxx

#1,893 ·
Very quiet here.  Except for the constant insane chatter in my head!  Is there such a thing as " testing anonymous" if so I'd like to be a charter member. I decided to take hpt,s every day to track the pregnyl and note changes. So the past two to three days I have Made myself insane looking at lines in various lights saying " I think that line is darker than the one yesterday, don't you?"

So last pregnyl was last thu. The faintest of lines was on the hpt this am. Except that I then went off the deep end and took another hpt in the afternoon when the line was DEFINITELY darker than in the am.  Omg. I really need mental help ladies!

I'm no chicken. What is the emoticon for crazy control freak? A bull maybe?

I'm supposed to do betas on fri and Sunday, except that I'm traveling for work Friday so am instead going to do Thursday and Saturday. And maybe Monday too just to be sure. Lol. And of course as I travel I will be packing enough hpt's for the entire eastern United States.

I'm feeling enough weird cramping and twinges that Either AF is right around the corner or implantation is happening. Then with these sensations I have conversations in my head like "well, it can't be AF can it, because I'm doing progesterone shots every day so that's going to keep anything like that happening".

My brain is a bad neighborhood to be in right now!  ^bigbad^

#1,894 ·
Girls good morning!

Sorry for radio silence, was doing a lot of things which were overdue so kept my mind off things. AF not here so there a glimpse of hope. Just did my HCG before breakfast - so now - the wait!

Momagain - hope you are not going completely ^idiot^ with poas. Good luck with beta on Thursday! Tomorrow!

Mitch - when is your bt after the pregnyl is out!?

Jade - thinking of you today!

Silver - are you close to OTD lovely?

10x10 - hope you are enjoying the 1st week of pregnancy!

Altai, Miekle, Sassy, Rehnaz - thinking of you!

AFM, I came to apply for UK visa to visa center on Monday 21st and center was closed so now no idea how they will reschedule my appointment :mad:

Love to all!

Mxxx

#1,895 ·
Morning girls , my head is a mess with 'testing'
This morning I woke up , having had a dream that penny was in my bedroom taking my blood ,

My OTD would be this friday ( ET 13/4 ) but I have to go to a christening and first birthday on Saturday ( best friends son ) so thinking if it's BFN how will I cope with only 24 to "get over" it ......... But then is thur to early

Oooooohhhhhhhh my head !

Sorry for ME post , xxxxxxxxxx 

#1,896 ·
Mitch... best of luck with your blood result ^reiki^

Momagain... well I would think the Pregnyl should be out of your system by now... and if the line is getting darker within a few hours it sounds pretty good to me!

Mamo... I really hope your get the news you are looking for honey. Let us know when you hear anything. ^reiki^

Silver... think I'd wait until after the christening and first birthday and test on Sunday lovie. Even testing on Thursday will be hard if it's bad news. The last thing you'll want to do is attend those functions. But then I am a massive chicken when it comes to testing!!

xxx

#1,897 ·
Thanks Kirsty ,

I'm thinking sort of the same now , ask me in an hour and I'll be up for testing on thur ! X

#1,898 ·
Hi girls

Hope you're all well. 

Mamo, fingers crossed for your test today. 

Silver - I'd go for Sunday as well and not ruin the weekend!

AFM - well, thoroughly confused today.  After my awful HCG results last week - 13 dpo:20 and 15 po: 27 - I stopped all meds at Penny's advice and waiting to bleed.  So far nothing, not even a twinge so I went for another HCG test today to make sure everything was going the right way and.....711.8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  What the?  Don't get me wrong, still very low for 25dpo but why are they rising?!  Petrified it's ectopic, just waiting for Penny to come back to me.  Why is nothing ever simple????
Any pearls of wisdom out there?

x

#1,899 ·
Oh my God... Finchy.... no way!!!! That is brilliant news. Surely if it's still rising that has to be a good thing right? Sorry I can't give you any pearls of wisdom as it's alien territory to me. But if you have a slow burner in there then how fabulous is that?! Is the HCG number really that low? I'm sure you've been checking all the relevant charts etc. Sounds a good number to me!

I don't understand why Penny told you to stop all meds when you had a reading of 27 though? Isn't anything over 25 a pregnancy?

xx

#1,900 ·
Thanks Kirsty, I'm very perplexed! The reason Penny said to stop was because it didn't even get close to doubling after the 48 hours between tests so I can see why she said that.  Even the lab rang me to say it's bad news last week, nice phone call to receive from a stranger that was.  I expected today to say it was either the same or close to zero.... :eek:

Anyhoo, Penny just emailed saying she's really happy and to redo HCG and progesterone on Friday.  She also wants me to get a scan next week but I'll hold off on that till the repeat bloods come back.  I bet they don't double.....just to torture me some more.  Oh and restart meds.  What a mind***k this all is.

711 is definitely low, just hoping it's not ectopic.....

x

#1,901 ·
Hi Finchy, sorry no pearls.of wisdom here either but i agree its a mind f#@%.  if youre 25dpo, what dies that mean exactly? im 18dp5dt, sounds like i know what im talking about, but i dont really.
my hcg levels came back at 303.3 today. i have a.feeling this is bad also, but peny says its low but nit hopeless. i have decided to be proactive and have booked healthcare to come sat and give me ILs. in my mind if numbers drop and ive done ILs, ive done everyrhing in my power to keep this pregnancy? going. however, if i sit on my ass and do nothibg and the numbers drop, i will beat myself up about not doing everything i could. so i dont win! so may as well do it and shame the devil.

i would restart meds and  ^pray^ thats exactly what im doing  ^pray^ ^pray^

xxxxxxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.