Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

First cycle of clomid- very scared- any advice?

52K views 406 replies 22 participants last post by  magicalbabydust 
#1 ·
Hi,
I am new to the site, and it feels rather strange, but very liberating to have the opportunity to talk to people going through the same thing as me.  My husband and I have been TTC for 2 years, and have just been out on chlomid due to "unexplained infertility". My period was very late this month, 36 days, which was torture, and am on day 1 of clomid.  I am very nervous about the side affects, and wondered how others have coped on it?  Are those of you being scanned to check egg production on Nhs, as I was denied this by my consultant.

Any words of wisdom gratefully received x

#202 ·
SamRycraft said:
Does anyone know if those pregnacare tablets help as well ? and if you can take them while having clomid and provera in your system ??!! xx
Don't know but I take Pregnacare Original and am obviously on Clomid, I haven't read anywhere you can't take them together. xx

AFM, flow is lighter today, had a little bit of dizziness first thing but ok at the moment. Started my second round of Clomid last night, should be OVing in or around Valentine's Day!!

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend. xx

#204 ·
Sam, I've started taking pregnacare just in case and also a little extra folic acid. It cant do any harm, only vitamins afterall.

#206 ·
No, it just supports the foetus once you are  :)
So worth taking when ttc x

#207 ·
heavenly said:
SamRycraft said:
Well I'm feeling exhausted. I am on Day 11 of my cycle, still no Ovulation happening :(
I didn't ovulate til CD13/14 last month, still time! x

Cas - bring on the tablets tonight!! ^bigbad^ Still feel dizzy and tired today, weird, no side effects whilst taking the tablets, but only when AF started. The things we put our body through to conceive!!

I have bought Conceive Plus, £15 for a tube!! But if it helps!!

Love to you all. xx
Taken 2 (3rd one due tonight) so far an all ok side effects wise - hope you are ok and feeling less dizzy and sick. My AF feels like it was quite short, Heavyish for only 2 days and now very slow - def got shorter on the clomd.

"Conceive plus"? Is that like Preeseed? I use pre-seed as my ewcm has all but disappeared on clomid - annoying as a I had only just started getting lots after my lap/ovarian drilling in September. Am downing grapefruit juice in the hope that this helps too, but can't face the cough medicine - I tried it and just made me feel sick.

Hope you are having a good weekend. Snow has hit London, but sadly I don't think it is enough to prevent my flight to Switzerland tomorrow (work not play so don't want to go)....but will no doubt be caught up in the delays.

xx

#208 ·
SamRycraft said:
Does anyone know if those pregnacare tablets help as well ? and if you can take them while having clomid and provera in your system ??!! xx
Hey, yes I vitabiotics pregnacare tablets for conception. I havent heard that you shouldn't take these when on clomid. Clomid is a hormone and the pregnacare tablets are only vitamins so I can't see that it could hurt. However, I would be careful about taking herbal remedies with clomid and check with the dr first. Agnus Castus Vitex (Chase Berry) (not sure if I have spelt it correctly or if its in the right order!) is meant to be the herbal equivilent of Clomid (although you need to take it for a good few months to get it into your system) and this should not be taken with Clomid as it can prevent the clomid being effective. I used it for a couple of months and then gave up as it didnt seem to make a difference.
xx

#209 ·
Morning. It's weird the way clomid affects everyone differently isnt it because I never had any CM until I took clomid! It's defianetly better on it. I use pree-seed too but not all the time, and the cough mixture.

#210 ·
Cas11 said:
"Conceive plus"? Is that like Preeseed? I use pre-seed as my ewcm has all but disappeared on clomid - annoying as a I had only just started getting lots after my lap/ovarian drilling in September. Am downing grapefruit juice in the hope that this helps too, but can't face the cough medicine - I tried it and just made me feel sick.

Hope you are having a good weekend. Snow has hit London, but sadly I don't think it is enough to prevent my flight to Switzerland tomorrow (work not play so don't want to go)....but will no doubt be caught up in the delays.

xx
Yes, it's like Preseed, will be using it this cycle, thought it can't hurt!! I drink grapefruit juice as well. I've only been to Switzerland once, I adored it, but as you say, you are going for work...still, bring back some swiss choccie? ;)

Well, I feel like a complete prize t*t. :-[ You know I was feeling sick, dizzy and lightheaded? It was worrying me. Well I realised this morning I had been doubling up on my ADs. :eek: I am on 20mg Citalopram and I had been taking 40mg for the past few days. No wonder I felt rough! If you are on the wrong dose of ADs, it can make you feel really bad. At least the mystery is solved and I know it's not the Clomid. So no side effects at all from the Clomid, which is a good thing!!!

Hope everyone is having a lovely relaxing weekend, stay warm everyone! xx

#211 ·
Morning Fertile Feb ladies!

Cas11 - Hope your flight goes well for you today  :)

Heavenly - glad the mystery is solved!

Vadergarth - I know that sickness bug well! I have had it a few times and it's not funny at all. Hope you are all better now.

Sam - how is your ovulation testing going? Remember Clomid often delays it, mine was cycle day 16 last month.

Sarah - roll on Tuesday  :)

AFM - AF arrived late Friday evening. I have to say that for the last two days I have been surprised by how heavy it has been. Have been gobbling Ibuprofen like it is going out of fashion! Anyway, decided to take Clomid this month but take a much smaller dose than before. Started taking it Saturday eve so I am guessing Ovulation will be sometime after Valentines Day.

Milliemoos xx

#212 ·
Morning. Does anyone else experience af like cramping past ov? I am CD17 and started to cramp last night. I ov CD11.
I am worried my af is coming but I only had some (minor) bleeding 17 days ago??!
I'm not worried im not pg as that will happen if its meant to, more that my cycles and body are all over the place due to mmc and ERPC back in Nov.
Can any of you put my mind at rest, that this cramping is normal mid-cycle?
Thanks

#213 ·
I have just started my second cycle of clomid but i experienced AF like cramping on and off from ovulation to when AF arrived i got told by my Doctor that this is a common side effect and nothing to worry about.

Hope everyones ok Good luck to everyone. x

#214 ·
Thanks, thats good to know. Quite painful actually!! i'm sure my first round wasnt this bad...

#215 ·
It always felt like some one had stabbed me and then was twisting the blade around and around it was painfull im hoping i wont have the crapms at the end of this month but im not hopeful

#216 ·
starzle72 said:
Morning. Does anyone else experience af like cramping past ov? I am CD17 and started to cramp last night. I ov CD11.
I am worried my af is coming but I only had some (minor) bleeding 17 days ago??!
I'm not worried im not pg as that will happen if its meant to, more that my cycles and body are all over the place due to mmc and ERPC back in Nov.
Thanks
I had AF type cramping for quite a while before my AF appeared which is unusual for me, so must have been the Clomid!

Milliemoos - Another Valentine's day OVer!! That is going to be a full on week!! I am all ready with my Conceive Plus. ^bigbad^ ;D

#217 ·
[/quote]

Yes, it's like Preseed, will be using it this cycle, thought it can't hurt!! I drink grapefruit juice as well. I've only been to Switzerland once, I adored it, but as you say, you are going for work...still, bring back some swiss choccie? ;)

Well, I feel like a complete prize t*t. :-[ You know I was feeling sick, dizzy and lightheaded? It was worrying me. Well I realised this morning I had been doubling up on my ADs. :eek: I am on 20mg Citalopram and I had been taking 40mg for the past few days. No wonder I felt rough! If you are on the wrong dose of ADs, it can make you feel really bad. At least the mystery is solved and I know it's not the Clomid. So no side effects at all from the Clomid, which is a good thing!!!

Hope everyone is having a lovely relaxing weekend, stay warm everyone! xx
[/quote]

Took hours to get here but yes have already had my fairshare of choc - you are right it is an incredible beautiful place but I only get to see an office, but there's a good view of the mountains which is great so I shouldn't complain.

Very glad you have resolved the sickness - double dose - that's quite an increase! Reassuring to know that it is not the clomid though.
xx

#218 ·
starzle72 said:
Thanks
Het Starzle, yes I got a lot of cramping post ovulation on both my clomid cycles. No bleeding though, but when I was reading up on Clomid it did say you could get a bit of bleeding in the second half of you cycle though xx

#219 ·
Milliemoos said:
Morning Fertile Feb ladies!

Cas11 - Hope your flight goes well for you today :)

Heavenly - glad the mystery is solved!

Vadergarth - I know that sickness bug well! I have had it a few times and it's not funny at all. Hope you are all better now.

Sam - how is your ovulation testing going? Remember Clomid often delays it, mine was cycle day 16 last month.

Sarah - roll on Tuesday :)

AFM - AF arrived late Friday evening. I have to say that for the last two days I have been surprised by how heavy it has been. Have been gobbling Ibuprofen like it is going out of fashion! Anyway, decided to take Clomid this month but take a much smaller dose than before. Started taking it Saturday eve so I am guessing Ovulation will be sometime after Valentines Day.

Milliemoos xx
Hi Milliemoos - I'll be ovulating around valentine's day too and I think Heavenly too. No going out on V day - straight to the sack me thinks... xx

#220 ·
starzle72 said:
Thanks
Hi Starzle,

I had a fair amount of cramping on and off throughout and think it's common - wouldn't worry xx

#221 ·
Cas11 said:
Hi Milliemoos - I'll be ovulating around valentine's day too and I think Heavenly too. No going out on V day - straight to the sack me thinks... xx
I should be....hopefully...OVing around 14th/15th, so basically from Monday onwards...all week..... :eek:

#222 ·
Blimey, it looks like a fair few of us will be on that 2WW together! x

#223 ·
Milliemoos said:
Blimey, it looks like a fair few of us will be on that 2WW together! x
My Clearblue Fertility Monitor confused me today, it's given me a High, it's only CD6!! I normally only get 2/3 Highs before a Peak! Either I am OVing ridiculously early...not going to OV....or I will get around 6 Highs before a Peak! Either way, we are going to have to BD this week as well!!! :eek:

#224 ·
Wow, that is early Heavenly. Bet your OH is pleased  ;D

#225 ·
Goodness - day 6 is very early - busy couple of weeks ahead then!x

#226 ·
He is flying back from Manchester tonight, and will be knackered...so no, I don't think he will be too impressed!      ;D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.