Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Treatment at BarcelonaIVF - Part 2

202K views 1K replies 83 participants last post by  Maggiephatcat 
#1 ·
Happy Chatting lovely ladies ^fairydust^

#2 ·
Littlepigeon WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What fantastic news xxx here come the bananas ;)  ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^

Blinkin well done and so good to get good news chick xxxx

#3 ·
Much better news for me too :) Dr O does not think this is a cyst/fibroid at all - thinks it is more likely and old follicle from last cycle and we have the go ahead to start the pill as soon as blinkin AF gets here !!!!!!!

What a rollercoaster day - can you believe it !!

Maria is a SAINT for keeping me sane as is the lovely Zaffa - thanks both xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

#4 ·
Well done LP, that is great news ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^

Spuds glad Dr O has given you the go ahead to cycle and its not a cyst, maybe we will be trying at the same time is AF appears soon?

AFM, the AF came yesterday so taking the pill again and going back next month for another go  :)  its also the worst AF I have had in a long time as I am normally very light flow.

Speak soon girls xxx

#5 ·
Hi everyone

Well done Little Pigeon!! ^congrats^

I didn't think to get a blood test for today so only went for the usual POAS job and guess what, it came back ^BFP^ !!!!! I am still mildly convinced I was on the verge of losing something last week so won't be 100% convinced until we get to the GP for our blood test this thursday but we are quietly over the moon and totally in shock!!!!

Spuds - thank goodness for Dr O so good luck and hope AF makes an appearance soon!

Passenger 42 - hang in there.....AFs are extra heavy for me after an IVF cycle too but once they're out of the way you'll be onto the next stage.

Bo Peep - how are you doing?? Wishing you all the luck in the world!! ^pray^

Cxx

#6 ·
OMG ckmw that is just AWESOME !!!!!!!! WAHOOOOO ere they come !!! ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^

Loads and loads of love xxxxx

Spudsy

#7 ·
Passenger  ;) hope we are cycling together  :-*

#8 ·
Hip hip horray for CKMW... go girls, ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^

Spuds fingers crossed for us this next time, I am praying our luck will come good this time ^pray^  If anybody has any advice to me about detoxing or vits I should be taking please all ideas welcome xxxx

#9 ·
Wow!!!! Best day ever for good news on this thread!!!  ^festival^

Spuds - Yay for you my brave little soul for biting the bullet and getting through your apt today! Well done!!  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ The big Q is WHEN THE HECK IS YOUR AF GOING TO ARRIVE?????????????????????  ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^

LP - Another DE BFP!!! Congrats!!!  ^banana^ ^jumpin^ ^clapping^ Isnt good news such a nice change. Hcg is v good. Mine was 90 on OTD. How many embies dod you have back - perhaps more than one has taken?? :eek: :)

CKMW - A massive congrats to you too my dear well done!!!  ^clapping^ ^banana^ ^jumpin^

Zx

#10 ·
Congratulations LP and CKMW, thats fantastic news and just shows it can be done!!

Sadly not for us this time, its another great disappointment. I did say I would try not to get too low if it didnt work and just try and think ahead to another fresh cycle, but its really, really hard

Bo x

#11 ·
Bo

I am so sorry hun,  ^hugme^ ^hugme^  I know only too well how your are feeling, I did get some kind words and some advice of Dr O so I hope he gets in touch with you soon x

#12 ·
Thanks Passenger,

its so hard, my Dh is taking it really badly this time and wondering how much more of this we can take. But I'm not giving up yet. Would you mind if I pm you about the shared donor programme?

love Bo x

#13 ·
bopeep - Im so sorry to hear your news.  ^eyes^
^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^
Look after yourself and your DH. BFNs really suck. You sound like you are already starting to think about the next move which is positive but make sure you take a bit of time out to pamper each other silly.

Zx

#14 ·
Bo:(( I'm so very sorry Hun  x x x please take time chick and snuggle up xxx

#15 ·
PM me any time x

#16 ·
Ali cat lp and Carmen,
Congratulations!  You must all be on cloud 9! Great news!

Bo Peep
I'm so sorry

Passenger
I'm sorry but happy you are back on board.

Hello everyone I'm sorry for disappearing but dh was away then had his bday last week then I got sick AGAIN!  I spent the weekend in bed.  Not top of that I'm on cd 37 with no af and fed up.  Saw our SW last week and they are all useless  no one wants to do any work.  So as you can see I'm sck and I think I'm giving up.  Sorry to be a downer, I am truly happy for everyone and wish everyone the best, but I'm spent and don't know if I can do this any longer.  It has been 7 years of he'll and I think maybe it's just not going to happen through de or adoption for us.

Anyway Ill check in ladies but I don't wanna bring the thread down on such a great week!

Lots of love and best wishes and I'll check in soon!
Xoxoxo

#17 ·
Hi everyone!

Can't believe all the news!!!!

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS  to Alicat, LP, and Carmen!!!!!!! Brilliant news, well done!!  ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^

Bo - really sorry to read your news. It must be so hard with all the good news too.... please take time to give each other plenty of TLC  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Hope - I am so sorry you are feeling sooooo low. Will pm you later today, but please don't forget what your name stands for, HopeND!  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Passenger - well done on getting the money together!!!!! You must be feeling a lot better now you've got a plan and are already on the pill!

Spuds - well a follicle sounds better than a cyst, but what makes them believe it's just a follicle? and do you know why AF might have disappeared??

Zaffa - hope you're doing well!

AFM - Flew over to London on Sunday and had appointment yesterday. Tests are done, now 3 weeks to wait for the results...

Love to all,
Cruicky xxx

#18 ·
Bo Peep - I am so sorry to hear your news. I was kinda daring to hope for a full house! Keep strong and take it easy.
Cxx

#19 ·
Hi Cruiky xx they said it was 5mm I think and because of how small it was and blood test results they were not bothered about it - period is apparently due in the next 7 days and God I cant wait for it to finally turn up - it does seem to be stress related how I have managed to put her off - plus a bit of age - maybe coing off the DHEW maybe a bit of all of it ;) - belly feels sooooo bloated and desperate to need a flippin tampax - bring em out  ;D

HopeND -  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ you have been through so much petal and you are still going through it xxx I always recommend a telephone consult with Jane Knight at Zita West and/or a really good counselor to get you through things xxxxx

Love to all tonight xx

Watching come dine with me - where do they get them from !!
Spuds
xx

#20 ·
Hi everyone!

Sorry to be out of the loop for couple days, DH and I are still in a bit of a daze to be honest!  Thanks soo very much for all the lovely messages, jumping beans, hand clappy things, balloons and all those bananas - Spuds!!  ;D ;D I still haven't sussed out where you guys get those from.

Firstly I wanted to give a ^hugme^ and  :-* to Bo peep and say that I'm thinking of you. I hope you are both taking care of each other and that Daisy dog is helping to take your mind off things. Look forward to hearing about your next steps. Lots of love to you Bo peep  ^hugme^

Carmen - wonderful news! you must be soo very chuffed! has it sunk in yet??

Spuds - Dr O's damned good isn't he! Great news you have the go ahead, if only your AF would show - she's being a right stubborn old witch isn't she... ;D ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^

Cruicky - great you got your investigations sorted. Not long now to wait now for the results and then full steam ahead!  :)

Madeleineus - I hope your ET went really well. When is you OTD? Hope are you feeling? Silly question... I imagine you are up and down like a yo yo/whore's drawers (ooops - can I say that here!?) and freaking out like the rest of us do on the dreaded 2ww  :eek: Hang on in there!

Passenger - hope you are nearing the end of your horrible AF. Great news you're moving forward with the next tx.  :)

Alicat - hope you are blooming as we speak  :)

Lillyann - any results on your investigations you had done recently?

Hope - I'm sorry you are feeling so fed up, we all know how you feel and we all have down times where we can't see the wood for the trees. Don't beat yourself up! This journey takes such courage, something that we all have, so....ladies.....another pat on the back pls  ;D and for our dreams to come true we have to have the courage to pursue them in the first place. So hang on in there, one step at a time and you will get there.

Ann - any news on the donor/egg share yet? and what happened with your promotion? did you go for it in the end?

Zaffa - hope all is going smoothly, when is your next scan? To answer your question.. i was in NZ... crikey... must be about 18 yrs ago now  :eek: I mostly lived in the South Island, in Wanaka - such a beautiful spot. Where are you from? the North Island or South??

Hi to Caudalie and Erika

AFM - It still feels a bit surreal....We have waited for this for 6 yrs now and whilst we are obviously completely over the moon and so very excited, it's like..... oh...er... ok .... what'd we do now then??  ;D ;D I'm going to see my GP tomm morn to see if I can have another HCG done and then I will have my first scan on the 17th to see if there is one sac or two (I had 2 grade 8, 4 cell embies put back) :eek: So... we'll see!  :) :)

Have a lovely evening everyone.

Lots of love to you all and thanks for all your support  ^hugme^

LPxx

#21 ·
Hello everyone and thank you for all your messages and kind words and offers to chat. Thanks LP, i sent you a pm earlier today but it sounds like you havent received it? We are just taking stock right now and deciding what to do next, but we are not going to hang around, I just want to try again and quickly. I will write a longer post shortly but I just wanted to say - thanks everyone for thinking of me.

love Bo x

#22 ·
Hi All

Just a short note to say was matched with a donor today and start the estrogen tablets on 16 Oct so tx will be in early November  I think.  Get in touch if anybody is cycling around the same time.  Feeling a bit apprehensive this time, but at least know what to expect now  :)

Passenger xx

#23 ·
Hi Passenger,
That is truly wonderful news! You have done brilliantly, finding the courage to go ahead again so quickly!
Well done!
Cruicky xxxx

#24 ·
Evening girls!

Passenger - brilliant news! Well chuffed for you!  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

LPxx

#25 ·
Passenger thats brilliant news ^hugme^

My AF arrived today so I've started taking the pill, so we are off again!! Not really sure what the timings are now...

Is anyone else going to be cycling shortly?

Hope everyone is doing really, really well

love Bo x

#26 ·
Hi Ladies
I really really shouldn't leave it so long before replying !!! So much back tracking to do aggghhh
Thank you all for the lovely message of congratulations .....still really can't believe it!!

Madeleineus

Yes I think the Mikado is reasonable, we ended up paying a fortune as there was a conference on over the week we were there with 20,000 people decending on and taking up rooms. It was really hard even to get one, never mind at a reasonble price.
Yes we did the red route on the hop on hop off bus ... it gave us a good rounded view of the whole city. I had been to Barcelona before mostly seeing all the Gaudi stuff, but DP had never been, the past two trips felt like a different experience as we stayed in different neighbourhoods each time. This is probably too late to post now, but you can get to Sagrada Familia really easily by metro, you literally come out of the metro stn and it's in front of you.
Yes the Sarria area is amazing, you don't feel like you are in the centre of Barcelona at all. Yes Bar Thomas is renowned for it's patatas bravas, but I never got to try them!
Glad to hear your ET went well, you're very brave going by yourself, congratulations on being PUPO and good luck on the dreaded 2ww

Erika 74
Welcome, and you really couldn't have chosen a better clinic, the service they offer is second to none, but what really makes the difference to me is the personal touch from Maria and Romana etc, they make you feel cared for every step of the way and they are there for you whatever you need.

Lillyan
I'm with you on the bullet thing, plane toilets, that must have been difficult! You're right normal people have got no idea what we get up to!!
Good luck with your immune testing, hope it all goes well in March. Good luck with winning the lotto, we could all do with some of it, it's ridiculous the amount we have all spent. I have actually pictured myself winning, I would turn up at a fertilty clinic and just give it to couples who have to pay, cos I know how much pressure trying to get the money together puts on people.

Ann13
I hope you figure out what to do about the promotion .... it's so hard people don't realise that your life is in limbo, we wanted a baby 6 years ago, since then, we have postponed our extension, our wedding, offer of a job in private industry and many holidays. Other people must wonder where your money goes ..... or why you're not moving forward with your life... it's so difficult. As Bopeep says, it struck a chord, I think it would with most of us on here. Good luck with whatever you decide, hopefully if you have been there a long time and they value you, they will support you.

Spuds
Yes by stork would be so much simpler for all of us!! Glad you found out where AF had gone ..... good job Dr O knows what he's doing .... not a cyst .... a follicle! Good luck with AF coming soon.
You're so right Maria is definitely the best person for keeping you sane, I can definitely vouch for that!

Littlepigeon67

Congratulations!! on your BFP .... so happy for you!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) I don't know about you, but it hasn't sunk in yet, the same as you, we have been trying for 6 years and can't really believe we have got a BFP
Oh you must have picked up the "avo" from the Kiwis then? I never got to go there but it looks amazing, spent a year in Oz, went back for my godmother's wedding and ended up staying a year. Re: the boobs, mine too are massive, but more noticibly heavier!!! all these bloody hormones

Passenger 42
Good luck for next month!! Glad you've got the money together, hope you got alot for your beloved Mulberry bag, we have sold everything that is not nailed down on ebay, we have made quite a bit, but it's hard work.
I wish I could have popped to your London clinic £40 that is unbelievable! I had to pay £150 and I must have only been in there about 2 mins (including taking my clothes off!!)

Zaffa
No didn't let BCN about my crazy symptons in 2ww, it was on a sunday, so I was just left with DP to go out of my mind!! Thanks for all the recent info, it's been great to share. So good to hear your 10 week scan went well .... you must have been over the moon seeing your bean. You are so right about the wedding, I think we all know where you're coming from, if you were not pregnant, I think you would have been well within your rights to ask to move tables!!
Yes getting sick of these pessaries, but much better in a colder climate .... melt central in a hot country .... yuk :-[

Bopeep
I know it's hard, really don't give up, this is such a great clinic, and look at all the BFPs on this thread now .... I really didn't think it would ever happen to us. It really is worth trying again, we did the shared risk and we are really happy we did. If you get something planned, at least you know what you're doing, so take a little time to think it through, the best of luck with whatever you do.
Thinking of you and sending you lots of ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

CKMW
Congratuations on your BFP, :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)I bet you are in shock!! Best of luck with it all, keep us updated. GP didn't do blood test for me, she said there was no need, as I'd now done 3 HPTs!! Not that I'm paranoid or anything

Hope ND
Thanks for the congrats and thanks for popping in, please don't lose heart, we are here to listen, so you get back on here and have good moan, cos it is really crap sometimes, and it's good to have a good rant to the people who understand

Cruicky
Hope your test results give you some answers, so you can plan your next move ^pray^

AFM
I'm good, don't think it has really sunk in!! Nearly in tears 2 days ago, brownish red spotting whilst in work .... couldn't concentrate, phoned Maria in mild panic, she soon calmed me down (she is fantastic) I just thought here we go again, AF coming, but Maria said cos 2 bullets now it can cause irritation of the cervix, omg!! how panicked was I. So changed to "back door" and it has pretty much stopped. They were exactly right, as soon as I changed, it went to a small amount and dark brown. Thought I'd put this on here to stop someone else from panicking if it happens to them.

Not had a HCG or a scan (all of you seem so orgnised on how to plan this) saw GP this morning to try and get progynova and bullets, but it proved difficult, but after another trip back there after work, I have got a px to tide me over ...... well when the pharmacy orders some, so can get them tomorow, I run out at 3pm tomorrow, nothing like getting close to the wire ^idiot^ ^idiot^

Not sure what to do about a scan, my get one done at a 3D clinic as they are 1/2 the price of the hospital! Otherwise I will have to wait until 10 weeks scan, don't think I could wait that long not knowing if everything is alright, also whether 1 or 2 sacs :eek: :eek: :eek: Got my first appointment with midwife on 17th that DH made for me on the day of the OTD!!

Good luck to all on the thread, love and ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ to all
A xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.