Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

BFP - Due Date January/February 2013 - Part 5

79K views 790 replies 27 participants last post by  Stalyvegas 
#1 ·
**In response to member comments we are changing the titles of the new BFP threads to reflect due date as not everyone gets their BFP at exactly the same point. The threads will now also be bi-monthly (i.e. in two monthly groupings) as it will help to keep the chat relevant to any given stage of pregnancy (or newborn development - the birth threads will adopt this approach too)**
Congratulations and welcome to your new home :) Please let me know your first scan and due date for the list :) Happy chatting :-* :-*

Staly
xxx
[csv=]
Name, Arrival Date, Details
DaisyMaisy, 12/09/12, Eva-Lynn (1lb) & Joshua (1lb 3oz) Born Sleeping

Orange Gerbera, 11/01/13, Persephone Emma Alice (4lb 12oz)
Lady-S, 23/01/13, Michael John David (7lb 14oz)
RachandSuzann, 03/01/13, Isabelle (6lb 4oz)
Chaab01, 20/01/13, Poppy Ann (8lb)
Sarah EJC, 22/01/13, Isabella (7lb)
AmyHF, 23/1/13, Pink (7lb 9oz)
Maxmolly, 17/01/13, Theo (7lb 3oz)
JellyB, 14/01/13, Max (7lb 3oz)
MissPiggy, 30/12/12, Pearse James (7lb 1oz) & Beau Alexander (6lb)
L456, 05/12/12, Erin Alice (5lb 10oz)
MissE, 29/01/13, Caeden Rhys (4lb 8oz) & Raef James (5lb)
KateBoothby, 02/02/13, Isabella Rose Ann (5lb10oz)
Mrs_ixy, 07/01/13, Ellie (7lb 2oz)
Lisy, 09/02/13, Zachary Andrew (7lb 11oz)
[/csv]

[csv=]
Name, BFP Date, Scan Date, EDD Date

Ritzi, , , CS 27/12/12, Team Yellow

L456, , 23/05/12, EDD 30/12/12, ^storkgirl^
HollieDolly, , , EDD 31/12/12, ^storkgirl^
FireWolf, 30/04/12, 14/05/12, EDD 01/01/13
Tracey78, 28/04/12, 21/05/12, EDD 01/01/13, ^storkgirl^
Clairedugdale09, , , EDD 02/01/13
Jillaz, 23/04/12, 14/05/12, EDD 03/01/13
Lala30, , , EDD 04/01/13
HomelyGirl, 30/04/12, 16/05/12, EDD 04/01/13
RachandSuzann, 26/04/12, 16/05/12, EDD 04/01/13
KittyKong, 24/04/12, 11/05/12, EDD 05/01/13,
broody23, , , EDD 06/01/13
Hope2005, 30/04/12, 26/06/12, EDD 06/01/13, ^storkboy^ ^storkboy^
Mrs_ixy, , , EDD 07/01/13
lisab13, 01/05/12, 25/06/12, EDD 07/01/13
Tilly15, 07/05/12, 20/05/12, EDD 08/01/13
Peony7, 29/04/12, 16/05/12, EDD 08/01/13, ^storkgirl^ ^storkboy^
Olga74, , , EDD 09/01/13
Daysleeper, 02/05/12, 24/05/12, EDD 09/01/13
Clairey179, , , EDD 11/01/13
Artypants, 08/05/12, , EDD 13/01/13
love2Bamum, 07/05/12, 28/05/12, EDD 15/01/13
Kimbers101, , , EDD 16/01/13
Mazamoo, 10/05/12, 01/06/12, EDD 16/01/13
CathB, 12/05/12, 30/05/12, EDD 17/01/13
Peppy, 11/05/12, 01/06/12, EDD 17/01/13
Suru, 14/05/12, 06/06/12, EDD 18/01/13 *twins
MCR, , , EDD 18/01/13 *Twins
Chaabo1, , , EDD 18/01/13, ^storkgirl^
Miss Piggy, , , EDD 19/01/13, ^storkboy^ ^storkboy^
Chellexx, 16/05/12, , EDD 20/01/13
BeagleMom, 17/05/12, 07/06/12, EDD 22/01/13
LesleyW, , 05/06/12, 23/01/13 * Twins
AmyHF, , , EDD 23/01/13
Lady-S, 19/05/12, 06/06/12, EDD 24/01/13, Team Yellow
alex28, 18/05/12, 11/06/12, EDD 26/01/13, ^storkgirl^
Ann13, 24/05/12, 11/06/12, EDD 27/01/13
Pika, , , EDD 27/01/13
Pixies, 18/05/12, 08/06/12, EDD 29/01/13, ^storkboy^
Joanna1981, 24/05/12, 07/06/12, EDD 29/01/13, ^storkboy^ ^storkboy^
Lisymb, , , EDD 29/01/13, Team Yellow
Sasha, , , EDD 29/01/13
Jessart, , , EDD 30/01/13 *Twins
C-M-F, , , EDD 30/01/03, ^storkboy^
MaxMolly, 24/05/12, 06/06/12, EDD 30/01/13
Patiently Waiting, , , EDD 31/01/13, ^storkboy^ ^storkgirl^
Catb33, , , EDD 01/02/13 * Twins
Skittycat, , , EDD 01/02/13
CDP, 29/05/12, 15/06/12, EDD 06/02/13 * Twins
Hopeful37, 31/05/12, 20/06/12, EDD 07/02/13
JosieB, , , EDD 07/02/13, ^storkgirl^ ^storkgirl^
Gems82, 04/06/12, 25/06/12, EDD 09/02/13
DK, , 29/06/12, EDD 10/02/13
Jessicauk123, , , EDD 12/02/13
Kadah4, , , EDD 12/02/13 *Twins
KateBoothby, 08/06/12, 02/07/12, EDD 13/02/13, ^storkgirl^
Maisy1, , , EDD 15/02/13
CutiePie, , , EDD 15/02/13
OrangeGerbera, , 06/08/12, EDD 15/02/13, ^storkgirl^
Nicola22, , , EDD 18/02/13
Snowball22, , , EDD 19/02/13
Salerina, , , EDD 19/02/13
Aissha, 15/06/2, 06/07/12, EDD 24/02/13
MichelleV, , , EDD 24/02/13
Louplou_22, , , EDD 24/02/13
Flump5, , , EDD 25/02/13
Hope2005
Betty J

Kazz32, 08/05/12, 29/05/12, EDD 14/01/13, ^angel^

DaisyPrincess, 24/04/12, 15/05/12, EDD 31/12/12, ^angel^
Mandy39, , , ^angel^
[/csv]

See less See more
#2 ·
Hopefully the last one with this title yes, will we be able to get it chafed to a long term chat thread afterwards? Couldn't bear to lose this group of girls!

#3 ·
Thanks Staly - any chance of updating the first page with Births?

Thanks. Xxx

#4 ·
Hiya - yep anyone who wants to go on just PM me the date weight & name (if you want to disclose) and I can pop on the front ;)

Amy - once all the births have happened on the thread it gets locked and you move over to the Parenting Clubs, they are also done by month or season so its all the same ladies on the same threads, with possibly some cross over so gaining a few new mums along the way. Its a great place to continue the friendships you make and use it a fantastic peer support for any questions you may have - have a little look around....

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=78.0

#5 ·
Thanks for moving us Staly :)

#6 ·
Oh that's good to know Staly...couldn't imagine life without FF..!!

Hey great news Louplou and Jessica - at least gives you something to aim for now that got some idea of wots planned!

#7 ·
Amy - we move to parenting boards after this....I think.  But I agree, don't want to lose u ladies.

On the old thread someone said they were impressed the mums (OMG....that's me!!! Bottom lip quivers...) can post. It's like this....at 3am when ur feeding or cuddling u type one handed on iPad!!! Every mum should have one.

2 hours later....not that good at posting....lol. Since I started post I've been feeding, winding, changing, cuddling. Lol. Gonna post before I lose this

Xxxxx

Ps 3 new replies since I started. Lol

#8 ·
Quite sad to think this is probably the last part of our pregnancy thread, though exciting to be moving on to parenting instead.

I haven't made it back to the last part yet so no personals, sorry. Kate/Lisy and the other still pg ladies, hope all is ok.

Last bit I managed to read was about getting jiggy with other halves. It's been a long dry spell for us as I really didn't feel comfortable while pg. I'd like to give it a go now but the twins are very good at stopping us being awake and free at the same time. They've been really good the past few hours so you never know....though my boobs are agony with stopping expressing. I've not even gone cold turkey, just slowing down, but they've been rock hard and painful all day. On the plus side I put some cabbage leaves down after my last pump half an hour ago and there's definite softening. Dh thinks I'm completely barking for wearing vegetables in my bra but I don't care.

L456 - I think you said you were struggling today.  ^hugme^ ^hugme^  Hope things are better this evening.

Lady S - Ipads/iphones are great for whiling away the time while feeding. I've read a few books on the kindle on here as well as keeping up with ** and trying to keep up on here.

Anyone have any good tips for soothing? We had both of them screaming their heads off for 2 hours + yesterday evening and nothing worked. We eventually fed them early but even that was a struggle, then they just dropped off and only woke up for feeds. Lizzie even self soothed for a bit, but I want to have a few more strategies in place before the melt down happens again.

take care all xxx

#9 ·
Hi ladies
How do you all find the time to post!!! I don't know where my days go at the moment - just taken up with Ella time - mind you I can just sit and look at her for hours at a time!

Congrats to all the new mummies - everyone seems to be doing amazingly. It's been an overwhelming 8 days but gradually finding our feet. I am utterly in love with our little princess!

To those in waiting - easy to,say but enjoy your maternity leave if you get it! Mine was only meant to start this last Monday and she arrived before it so I wasn't as ready as I would have liked to be...oh well. 

Will try and post more soon but off to try and shut eyes for 30 mins before next feed

Love to you all

Staly - if you could update me with team pink, 22nd and 7lb

Xx

#10 ·
Oops forgot arrival date 22nd January and name is Isabella

#11 ·
I'm team pink also, January 23/01/13 and 7lb 9oz

#12 ·
Catb - Michael hates nappy change and screams the house down!! I play river dawn meditations by Catherine Marie charlton - it was my hypnobirthing cd so I listened to it regularly in the weeks before birth. Totally chills him.  Also downloaded sounds of the womb which Is very calming.  When he screams he finds it hard to latch so these make feeding a bit calmer if need be.  Both can be downloaded from iTunes. Obviously Michael ism familiar with river dawn already and associates it being relaxed. U could start by playing when babies are relaxed and calm...soon they (& u) associate the music with peace, calm & relaxation. The sounds of womb they should already recognise.

My yoga teacher had told me about the "magic walk" - if baby has screaming abdabs and u've tried everything put sounds of womb on, face baby outwards when u carry them, take two step forward and 3 bounces, keep repeating. Make sure they can hear the sound above their screams. Not had a need to try it yet...thank goodness...but it's a trick to try.

Xxxxxx

#13 ·
Thanks for moving us Staly and for the link to the parenting threads - FF has been my life saver over the last few years  :)

Please can you update me on the front page - Theo born Jan 17th 7Ibs 3oz

Maxmolly
xx

#14 ·
Please add me
Max born 14th jan weight 7.3lbs

Xxxxx

#15 ·
Hi Staly, thanks for new home. Please update to 30th December , Pearse James and Beau Alexander,  7lb1 and 6 lb. thank you

Getting jiggy is the furthest thing from my mind but DH seems to be keen but I keep use g the 6 week as an excuse!

I sing to the twins when they are screaming and that soothes them. It's so hard though when both screaming.

X

#16 ·
Hey all

Getting jiggly - no chance. Far too tired and drained:0)

Erin has gone backward with her feeding  it seems since we went on the comfort milk she has struggled to take more than 2 - 3 ounces. It is scaring me as I don't want to go down that route again by loosing weight.
The HV was useless and I came away with no reassurance or idea as to what to do.

As it stands she has had 2 good bottles this morning but still early days.
Gosh best post this as I'm falling asleep.

Hugs all round
Z

#17 ·
Well I spoke too soon. Erin woke for a feed half hour sgo. Screamed the place down took 2 ounces and has refused more.

She is now 9pounds 9oz but I'm so worried....... I suppose I must keep going and get her weighed next week and see if she has increased or lost.

I'm so tired, I sear I'm starting to resemble a zombie.

X

#18 ·
Oh staly can you add. Erin Alice born 5 December weighing 5 pound 10oz

Thank you
X

#19 ·
L456- sorry you having such a hard time Hun. As long as she's putting on 'some' weight there might not be too much too worry about at this stage?... When I was little apparently I ate every other day.... As long as she seems happy maybe she's just not a hungry baby... Has she got fever? Not anything to do with bottle? Sore inside mouth?
Sending you big hugs xxxx

#20 ·
Morning! Jessica, how different doctors can be. My consultant was adament not to treat me differently and I would be induced at ten days over. I'm quite happy with that as I want a home birth so it gives me longer.

Lisy, how r u feeling? I had a large blob of snotty discharge last night (sorry tmi) and tummy pains most of the night. I'm also really hungry and thirsty!

Lady-s I'm so looking forward to playing with the bugaboo cameleon, what colour did you get? I got orange and black..... It looks interesting to put together, dh and dss are on the case later today.

Afm, managed to convince dh to do dtd yesterday, took a little bit of persuading but don't regreat it as i did the last time! Was odd though.

Have a lovely day and hope babies sleep well xxx

#21 ·
Hi Staly, can you add......Poppy Ann born 20 January 2013 weighing 8lb

L456, hope Erin picks up on her feeding and you get some reassurance......does your hospital have a baby drop in clinic? We do and it's brilliant as you basically just turn up between 10-12 on a Sunday and you get to see a midwife

Kate, ooooh sounds like your plug might have come away!!! Good on you for getting jiggy as well!!!

Miss Piggy, I also sing to Poppy and it helps to soothe her, that said I struggle with nursery rhymes as I can't remember hardly any of them.......need to brush up me thinks!

Lady-s, the magic walk sounds fab, may give ita try when we have a colicky night

Sarah, so pleased to hear alls going well with you little one. Hope you were able together some shut eye  :)

Catb, hope the pain and discomfort goes soon and the cabbage leaves do their job

Kitty, how did the MRI go? Thinking of you xxx

I too am pleased we'll all get to move over to another thread together, you've all kept me sane these past nine months ladies! And it's brilliant that we can continue in the parenting section.......eeeek pinching myself to believe we're actually here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#22 ·
God you girls can talk!!

KAte- I too managed to convince DH to DTD!! lol was interesting to say the least, and he seemed to think that everything "down there" had moved around slightly.... not sure he will give in to DTD again anytime soon, but i did point out to him that if i went into labour today ( ^pray^) that he should be very proud of himself!! lol!
Sounds like youve lost your plug hun, not sure if i have or not really, lots a lot of snotty discharge over the last few days but not had any colour change too it....
Today was my original due date, so im starting to think the hospital dates are completely irrelevant.... i have a feeling LO is going to arrive this coming weekend as we have a couple of family birthdays and our family have a habit of sharing dates.... we will see... if not then at least its sometime next week and by then i will hopefully have sorted out the issues with our other house....

I cant remember who posted RE babies screaming.... something my SIL was advised was to try giving some warm water..... baby may be confused between hunger and thirst...I know a lot of HV and MW dont recommend this but it was asvised by her MW and it worked a treat.... ITs not to take away from the feeding aswell just an extra... sometimes the babies think they need something and their fall back is food.... but actually a drop of water does the trick too.... i cant speak from personal experience and its entirely up to you individual mums but its something i learnt a year or so ago....! Good luck!!

Staly - it will be nice to all be on a new thread with all the babies....hopefully very soon :)

#23 ·
What a fab night...barring a grizzly 11-1. Dh suggested I actually put him down...duh it worked!!!! Lol. I've slept between feeds so 1-3, then Dh took him for skin to skin cuddle 3-5:30. Fed again slept & just feeding now at 9:30. Hopefully he'll go down again - that's been the pattern so far & I can shower. Dh sleeping and he really needs it. Plus I want to practice a routine for when he's back at work.

Kateb mucous snot is ur plug...things are on the move!!! Yay. We bought petrol blue & grey. I love it!!!

Chaab ur local library should do baby sessions to sing nursery rhymes. We got a cd free with a magazine, if its any good ill burn it for u, but I think they're the sort of thing u pick up cheaply in Tesco

L456 - poor u, but she's taking something right? Thing with bottle feeding u know exactly how much LO is taking...which is not always a good thing. I'm exclusively Breast still & no idea what he's taking. But he has wet nappies, his head is round & generally he's a happy & content baby. Some feeds are 15 mins but this one he's taking half hour. U say unchsnged milk..perhaps she needs less of the Comfort to fill her up.  However...mothers instinct...get help if ur worried!!!!!!

Kitty - any news Hun? Been thinking of u and josh xxxxx

Lisy - if today is  ur due date u have plenty of time still my acupuncturist said optimal birth date is 40+5. Hang in there.  U might be right about thrust...after Michael screams he has 5 minute boob time. I was worried this has turned into a comfort feed but talking to Dh we have a theory that he's probably got a sore throat from crying and needs to hydrate....makes sense. 

Michael finished his feed now, lets see if he'll go down again so I can shower....but he looks sooo cute asleep on my tummy, his face resting on his hands, proper sleep position lol

Xxxxx

#24 ·
LAdy-S today is my due date that i worked out based on ovulation and when i took the clomid... however hospital moved it to 26th at first scan! I do hope imnot waiting another 5 days but im trying to be positive, and as im so close to saturday now im banking on this stretch and sweep being a little more successful, or favourable in the midwives words!!
THe water thing isnt for everyone because some people feel the babies get everything they need from milk, it can become a bit of a comfort thing sometimes but every baby is different....
Sound slike your starting to find some kind of routine, and great that michael is managing to stay settled when you put him down xx

#25 ·
L465 - If the HV wasn't much help or reassurance you could try contacting the NCT. They don't just deal with members, they don't only focus on breastfeeding and I know they'd be my first port of call if I was getting into knots. Do you know if you have a local one near you?

Kate - oooh sounds like you're moving forward :) Do I have to grit my teeth and request a servicing from the OH? He's more scared of hurting me than anything else and tbh my hips are so sore I doubt it would be for fun O_O

No signs of anything at all here but then I'm not officially due till tomorrow (and the maths tells me I'd not be officially 40 weeks till Saturday either) Midwife suggested a sweep when I see her next on Monday but I think thats too early for invasive interventions. I'd prefer to wait till 41 weeks and anyway I don't think my hips will allow me to open my legs enough for that.
I'll give my acupuncturist a call about a stronger needling next week though.
Getting a bit fed up and stir crazy now. Can't believe I've been itching to get back to work but I've not been able to do anything for months now. Even handsewing causes too much pain cos I tend to hunch up when I work (probably a crappy eyesight thing).

Back to being Waity McWait :p

#26 ·
A successful morning...Michael went down after I posted...had my shower, made breakfast, opened post (loads of cards...sooooo lovely) left him with daddy while I wandered to post office and local shops (eeeeeek...felt sooo weird) and he's still sparked out. Lt sleeping babies lie I say...get on with some jobs....oh yes...I can walk today without a join Wayne waddle. Hooray!!!!!

Skitty - I hear u on waiting until 41 weeks before getting intruded. And even then u might not be ready.  My understanding from friends recent induction experiences is that u must be "ripe" .  But it's a hard call after everything we've been through. It's only natural to want to get baby out ASAP.

Lisy - chaab had two dates and poppy arrived on her ivf due date. Sigh....I can imagine its getting frustrating now, especially as those of use with similar dates have popped and talking incessantly about our babies.....I am sooo sorry. I really hope u don't feel like I'm rubbing ur nose in it.....xxxxx

Have either of u looked at the accupressure leaflet I posted about a couple of weeks ago...there are points that bring things on....off the top of my head google Debra betts...I think.  Or look back at my posts from 2-3 weeks ago.

Xxxxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.