Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

REPROFIT ~ Cycle Buddies

340K views 3K replies 146 participants last post by  Betty-Boo 
#1 ·
Dear members, welcome to your Reprofit current cycle support thread.

The purpose of this thread is to support those who are currently having similar treatment @ Reprofit, in the lead up to your treatment and the immediate aftermath. As such we ask that for those undergoing treatment, discussions in this thread remain on topic and supportive for them.

This thread is open ended and it's anticipated that members will use it for support and then move on to other areas as and when required. If you have finished your treatment cycle, you are more than welcome to continue to support those coming along after but please bear this in mind.

For general chit chat and general support outside a cycle, please use this thread: http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=267859.0
For general pregnancy & parenting support in this area: http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=261043.0

If you'd like to be added to the Czech Hall of Fame, please PM me and I'll add your details: http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=267052.0

Please bear in mind Site Guidelines: http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=260253.0

Some other useful links:

Questions for your first consultation
Information About supplements and diet
What can improve egg quality and quantity
2WW- ladies in waiting
Links For Info on OHSS
Negative Cycle follow up questions
Support ~ Pregnancy Boards
Post Your HCG Levels
Waiting For Early Pregnancy scans

^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ Mini xx ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

See less See more
#3 ·
hi girls,
mini you sneaky thing you.....congrats on pupo......
lulu, thank god for a BFP !!!!!!!!! well done!!!!!!!!
any news yet cozy?????
Having bloods tommorrow but I am 100% certain now BFN......no frosties so back to the drawing board..... hmmmm starting gym and weightwatchers..... want to lose a stone before xmas....then think about what to do next year.....

#4 ·
Angela,
I think we suppose to chat on the new thread in Reprofit international. Mini did I get that right?
I am so very osrry about BFN.. But plans are good. 2012 will be the year.. Well that is what I am keep saying to myself..
Kukixx

#6 ·
Kuki, thanks.

The only thing I did different this time, was to have the test & treatment for hidden C and to not stress too much about everything.  ;)

Havent managed to book a scan yet, but hoping to have one early next week. NHS have refused to help in any way so all scans etc have to be private.

Georgia  ^hugme^  Sorry you're having to go through this sweetheart. Hope the Dr can shed some light for you xx

#7 ·
Hello ladies,

well had my blood test done and as I had a feeling it would be... it's a BFN  :'(

This is the end of the IVF road for me. After 10 years of TTC I have had enough and we cannot do anymore financially.

I wish everyone on the 2ww and about to go to the clinic the best of luck and I hope you achieve your dreams. ^fairydust^

We have our miracle little boy and for that we will be eternally grateful to our donor, Dr Gorgy and Reprofit for helping us to get him. It just would have been nice for him to have a little playmate.

bye for now

Cozy

#8 ·
Cozy my heart goes out to you I know that feeling of wanting another and its equally as bad as wanting the first please look after yourself and spoil yourself a little give your little one a big hug and take care ^hugme^
Angela so sorry I really am ^hugme^
Mini you must of had your transfer last Thursday same as me ;) ^reiki^

I started to show some blood last night day 5 today since transfer so wont know for sure whats really happening until the beta test which I am hoping to do this Friday.
Good Luck to everyone here
lulu

#9 ·
Lulu - sure did ... what time was yours??  Mine was at 1330 ...  ;)

Not had any BFP's yet .. did a sneaky test just to check the pregnyl was out of my system ... it is .. so next one WILL be a BFP.

Cozy  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^  take care honey - thinking of you xxx

#10 ·
Mini mine was meant to be 13.00 but I got there early and had it done at 12.30 Stepan was in good spirits lets hope the magic touch has worked  ^reiki^

#12 ·
Cozy so sorry I wish you all the best what ever your next step is  x x x.
Mini you sneaky bird. Everything crossed for you,your such a great support x x x

#13 ·
Cozy  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^.  I am so sorry to read your news, it's just not fair.  Huge hugs to you, and good luck coming to terms with your future - it is such a momentous thing to decide, and I think you are very courageous taking a decision - it might feel as if the decision is out of your hands, but at least you are confronting it.

Angela - my fingers are crossed for you.  Pee sticks being BFN followed by BFP with blood test is pretty common, so I'll keep  ^pray^ ^pray^ for you.

Mini - cheeky thing!  And my fingers are crossed so hard for you, mate.

Lulu - a bit of bleeding is often a good sign.  ALthough it scared me witless when I had it.

Georgia - so sorry to read you're having to deal with pregnancy symptoms, that is just the pits.  If they continue, I take it you'll get your hcg levels checked to ensure that the surgery has been complete?  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Kuki - I was never told by any doctor that my eggs weren't up to it.  I had my follow up session at the ARGC after two negative cycles, and I didn't really let the doctor talk.  I just asked her if she thought I'd do better with donor eggs, and she said yes.  I asked her if I could get pregnant with my eggs, and she said yes possibly.  I asked her which would be the quickest route, and she said donor eggs.  Then I went to see a clinic in Barcelona and they said I should try again with my eggs but with donor sperm.  In the end, it was very much my decision - I wanted to be a mother, the biological thing wasn't such a big deal for me - it took me some time to grieve the loss of that connection, but I KNEW that I wanted to be a mother to a baby rather than a mother to my biological child, and so the decision was utterly mine.  Some people need to do a farewell cycle to say goodbye to their own eggs, but our two cycles with my eggs, despite producing zillions of eggs, were disastrous, and I didn't want to go through that again, and we couldn't afford to, either.  Donor eggs were definitely the answer for me/us.  We may have to start moving on to donor sperm in the near future as it seems DP's sperm is just pooping awful, but I guess we also need to evaluate whether we are going to keep spending money on IVF as well.

Nice to have a new cycling home, thanks Mini! 

Anyone else struggling on the hormones?  I am swinging from bouncing off the walls manic to downright out of my head spaced out.  Or weeping.  Take your pick.  Any of those.

Good luck to all

Martha xx

#14 ·
Hi everyone,
congrats LULU, well done hun.
Cozy, so sorry about your BFN  ^hugme^
All the best ot all the 2ww's  ^pray^
Cheers Jaxxs

#15 ·
Hi everyone, congrats to all the bfp,s and to all the pupo ladies in the 2ww. I am flying from nyc to brno next week and will hopefully have a 5 day transfer. Martha I think our paths might cross at the clinic! I have had a failed fresh and failed frozen at reprofit and I am hoping for a miracle this time. We are running out of money! If anyone wants to meet up let me know. I am staying at the slavia. Good luck to us all NYG

#16 ·
NYC - when do you think you'll be at the clinic?  I'm arriving the night of 9 October, all being well, and having ET on Monday morning (10th) before running for my bus to the airport.  Hope to see you there.

x

#17 ·
Hi Martha I get in oct 6th hoping for transfer on the 8th and leave brno on the 9th to fly back to nyc on the 10th! Oh well thought we might cross paths but looks like we will be like passing ships in the night! Just in case I will be wearing a black knit dress (my most comfortable item I have packed already!) And boots with black hair! I hear you about the hormones! I had two full days of bawling for no reason! My poor husband just stayed clear of me! I am wishing, hoping and praying for good results for us all! I am so ready to get off the if rollercoaster! Thx for responding appreciate it! NYGal

#18 ·
NYC, that's a shame, unless our donor gets moving quicker than anticipated, we'll just miss each other.  Best of luck, though, chick.  And I LOVE the fact you're already packed.  I only realised today that dp is off out there in seven days time.  I need to think about packing ...

#19 ·
Haha usually I am not so organized but work has been nuts so I Thought I would get a head start on it and I am trying to pack lightly as I am going alone so no helpful husband to lift my bags! I have loads of books downloaded to my phone and I guess I will just sit in restaurants and people watch while reading! I am a chatty cathy so it will be weird not talking to people for a few days! I can't wait to try rebio as I never ate there before! good luck to us all. Positive positive vibes! NYGal

#20 ·
Just to add .... Don't bother changing money @ home or airport - exchange rate in Brno is a lot better. Think it was 29kc to £1 ... And euro exchange seemed much better too ... Sorry can't remember the $ exchange. No commission. Bonus!
Taxi to airport was £17 - I always do bus thing to Brno but taxi to airport.
Mini xxx

#21 ·
Mini,

so who's been a sneeky little Mini then.... ;)

Hope your 2ww goes well and you get a BFP. ^2ww^

^goodluck^

Cozy
:)

#22 ·
Well this morning I did another HPT test to see if the line was more prominant and there was a definite pink line  ^BFP^  no shadows this time today is day 6p5dt off for bloods on Friday to confirm.
Good luck everyone
Mini lets hope this is the one for you too as we had a transfer the same day with Stepan ^reiki^
Lulu

#23 ·
Ladies,
First time ever I have got something free from my GP. Some BCP. And he said to me he can not give me any drugs till I get pregnant. But once I get pregnant he will presciribe the Clexane for me. Oh well all I have to do now just get pregnant. That's all. ;D

I have to take a ****.. otherwise I get down.. And just don't want to.. I can feel the dark cloud is coming over me for sure..

I am going to start taking my BCP and steriods at the same time. I think it will help me with my next fresh cycle. With steriods I need to take Calcium and D3 well I am doing that anyway. And I should not take over 3 months. If we don't get pregnant. It will be max 7 weeks I take it with. I am hoping the same reaction; Euphoria. I have to say it has gone for now.. I am trying to drag it back to me but not happening..

Love and luck to you all. Come on!! We can do this!!!

Kukixx

#24 ·
Good morning all,

Lulu,
Wonderful to hear.. Fantastic.. This early so got to be twins no? Superb!!! Good luck with bloods. It should give you more indication with how many in there..

Martha,
Thank you so much.. I so wanted to have more children. My genetics I do not care.. I have very very difficult family. It would be nice to ahve a child not connected to me. But do care about DHs. His family is great. But his sperms are crap. Not sure what to do with that. I will talk to Stepan and decide after our fresh cycle. Wishing you lots of luck for Oct..

Newyorkgal,
Lots of luck.. So much to orgainise.. I have not bought the tickets or rent the flat yet. Waiting for my period to come in october so I can book it all. I am hoping. BCP will do the trick to control the dates.

Mini,
How is going today? Feeling any different? You are back to UK?

Cozy,
How are you?

Love.
Kukixx

#25 ·
Kuki... exactly what my DH is saying :-\ if its any help to you in your decision making later on I just wanted kids full stop, and the genetics of the child was irrelevant to me and I thought my  DH wanted his sperm but after a long chat with the Dr's in Spain at that time we both decided to opt for donor donor I truly believe that this has given us the best chance of it ever working both young proven donors or young with no previous problems it can be a hard choice to make for some people but I think it depends on ones finances and how much your desire is to succeed and this is the best choice we both ever made hope this helps.
All the best to you  ^reiki^
Lulu

#26 ·
Lulu,
Thank you hun. It helps alot. I feel exactly same and we did tests that show 25% same DNA rest of the very similiar. So embies created with DH's sperm will still have this issue which a major issue for implantation. If we can change sperms this problem just dispairs. Makes sense to go for double donor. Dh is ready to move on to double donor. I am not. It would have been nice to have at least that connection between DD and her bro or sis. Reprofit says there is 5-6 months waiting time for fresh double donors. Well I think once I go over this cycle and get over 2012. I should be there..
WIP.. For sure.. It helps so much to talk to people like you who have gone through it all. thank you agian.
Love. Kukixx

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.