Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxford Fertility Unit Cycle Chatter pt4

99K views 1K replies 60 participants last post by  Shellebell 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Just bookmarking! Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.

Lizard xxx

#6 ·
Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Think I may have got a + on an OPK - seems really weird going back to ttc the natural way!

Still no appointment yet for follow up - think I might email them to give them a gentle nudge!

Sorry for lack of personals - i'm rubbish at keeping up with what's going on here  ;D

#7 ·
Quick  ^hello^ to wish all who are having anything done on Monday morning good luck  ^goodluck^ as I am not at work til the afternoon so won't be able to send  ^reiki^ til then.

Hope you all had a lovely weekend xx  ^hugme^

#8 ·
Hi all, just a quick one from me, my drugs are being delivered tomorrow, so better make room in the fridge ! Then all set to start D/R on 11th March, counting down the days...Ali

#9 ·
Woohoo new home part 4 ...we do like to  ^gossip^ ^gossip^ ^gossip^ ^gossip^

Elf - Lovely news on the follies , sounds like you will have a nice number of eggies ^pray^ ^pray^praying for you on Tuesday  ^pray^ ^pray^

Lizard - hope you are having a lovely weekend too, sounds like your PMA is in top form, I hope you get a natural BFP between now and your birthday so you can really celebrate  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ Thanks for F/U link I found it very very useful and will be using some of those questions  ^hugme^

Faith - hope you are enjoying every bit of being PUPO and those embies are snuggling in nicely  ^Exercise!2^ ^Exercise!2^  ^pray^ ^pray^

Julez - I seem to have missed your  ^BFP^  ^smash^ ^pompom^ ^pompom^ ^smash^ ^pompom^ ^pompom^ congratulations  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Chandlerino - I would just phone them to chase it up re F/U , they booked ours straight away when I called in with the result and have since phoned back to remind me too.

Michimoo - Good luck for your F/U tomorrow, I also put on a massive stone during Tx , trying to shed it now  :p with great difficulty, I have never met this Dr either , let me know what she is like , I will be seeing her Tuesday 1400hrs  ^pray^ ^pray^

Freeze, Ladybird Gipsy  - helllooo hope you are enjoying your Sunday  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Pinot - you are in my thoughts and prayers daily  ^pray^ ^pray^

Cjanec - good luck with D/R ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Ali - exciting to be getting the meds through , hope you have a massive fridge  ;D I got mine just before christmas and didn't have anywhere for the turkey lol

^hello^  and ^goodluck^ everyone else whatever stage of the journey you are at , sending much PMA  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

AFM - on weekend night shifts at the moment  :eek: :eek: so have been reading through but not posting much , like others on here life has settled back into normality now I would say , except for the extra stone of weight I am finding incredibly hard to carry around  ;D ;D
I have these massive Sumo thighs and Pie like face it makes me laugh each time I look in the mirror  ;D
Anyway ...it will shift I'm sure!!!  ^scales^
It is mine and DP's brithday in March so inspired by the sunny spells we've been having we've ordered some bikes so get shifting my flab in a nice way hopefully by means of some sunny bike rides , I can't stand the gym so the WII is my usual other alternative...like someone else said ...I too have been avoiding the litllte measuring person on there tellig me off lol  :p

Sending you all lots of love and lucky lucky baby dust

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

#11 ·
Bookmarking as no personals tonight. I'm currently drunk on cider pending tomorrows consultation.
But sending much love &  ^hugme^ xxxx

#12 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm just after some advice and wasn't really sure where else to post. I had the mock embryo transfer on Thursday and since then I've had cramping and spotting which became quite heavy today(TMI :-[ ) Is this normal?

Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend

Kay x

#13 ·
K - Hi sorry only just saw this post, I think spotting is normal but best phone the clinic to put your mind at rest  ^hugme^

Love and hugs
Schnaps

#14 ·
Hello Ladies,

Thought I'd "nip in" and say hello  :)  A massive congrats to the BFP-ers and PUPO ladies  ;D  I'll have everything crossed. Apologies no personals but I've some serious reading back to do.

AFM, my week got much worse when my beloved Grandma died last Thursday  :'(  It was definitely the kindest thing for her but I shall miss her enormously. The m/c was/is horrible and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I'm still bleeding and have passed two clots the size of walnuts  :eek: which was just horrible. We have a follow up appt for what it's worth mid-March so shall see what they have to say. And...................having said NO more tx, I've decided whilst we can afford it and I have some fight left in me, we will keep trying for a sibling for DD. Feel free to call me a nutter! But you never know, perhaps it'll be lucky #7!

Before I forget, thank you for all the lovely PMs. Sorry to not respond but last week was very hard.

Right, must do some work. Love to all,
Pinot xx

#15 ·
Good morning all.... Hope we are well. Nothing like an internal scan first thing on a Monday but I am now successfully down regged and start jabbing on Thursday!!! Happy days.... I just told my DH that we could be doing our first ever pregnancy test this time next month, and he didn't run away screaming!

Love n  ^hugme^ to all.

Vxx

#16 ·
Hi All,

Just wanted to pop in as I am in the office today and super busy.

Pinot –From the sound of your post you seem to have been through the mill! I’m sorry to hear about your Grandma. But glad you’ve got some fight in you to carry on. X

Elfin – good luck for tomorrow if I don’t get a chance to speak to you before.

K&T – I would give the clinic a call. However, as its similar to a smear where there is always a little cramping afterwards.

Michimoo – good luck for your consultation today.

Variety – I do agree! I was at the clinic for 8.20 this morning! Good luck with the Jabbing. I found it was always easier after having a bath! Maybe as your skin is softer?

AFM – I had a scan this morning, (my 3rd now) I have about 11 follies on the right and 14 on the left with 2 at 20! Some of them are still small so I guess they will disappear. My lining is at 15.5, so I have to wait to see what the blood test will say today to find out whether I will have EC, Wed/Thurs/Fri. Kinda in limbo at the moment waiting for a date! Was hoping my jab last night would have been my last!

Good luck and hugs to all that I missed.

xxx

#17 ·
Pinot Thinking of you and sending as much love and PMA ^reiki^ for you as you might need xxx ^pray^ That it is lucky number 7

Lozza Have got everything crossed for you that you might be able to get the EC very soon ^hugme^ Let me know what they say sweetie :)

Michi Hope you get some answers at the consultation lovey ^hugme^

K&T I bled quite a bit after my trial ET as the clinic used a much thicker tube that they actually do for it and to be honest the trial was painful but the ET itself when I had it was painless and really easy. If you are still spotting though and have pains I would call in xx Hope all is well ^hugme^

AFM just waiting for for the stupid hour alarm clock at 05:00 ^scared^ to start our journey tomorrow morning. Think of me at 06:30 (if anyone is awake) trying to insert the Voltarol with Schumacher driving us to OFU!! ;D

#18 ·
Thank you for the response ladies  :)

Schnapsdrossel - I didn't realise I could just phone the clinic and they'd get back to me so quickly. She thinks the MET caused some irritation and it's nothing to worry about. We've been really lucky that we were referred and had initial and consent appointment really quickly so i'm still getting used to it all. DP's SA results were so bad it's made things move quickly for us, every cloud as they say! It's great being able to support each other on here, I don't know of anyone else I can ask.

Elfin76 I'll be thinking of you tomorrow morning, good luck  :)

Kay x

#19 ·
I'm having a serious 'flap' about stuff!

I am on my last day of injections today - they are taking me for EC on Friday.

I don't know if its all the anticipation or nerves (or the menopur) but I can't stop crying. I am petrified and excited all in one. I don't know whats wrong with me? What if i'm not any good at any of this? Its all become a bit real now and I don't know how to react!

Am I being really stupid with this?

I guess its one of those things when you want something so much, and things start to make it happen.

#20 ·
Lozza - we've all been there my lovely. You're not alone. I think the drugs play a massive part but also, when you've put in so much to a cycle of treatment, there is SO much anticipation and many hurdles to cross. I always just used to worry about each step at a time. so right now, just worry (not that you need to worry of course) about EC. Then worry about fertilisation, then about survival to day 2, 3 or 5 and then the 2ww. Otherwise your brain will explode :eek: Clearly it won't but you know what I mean. The first EC is always the worst as you've absolutely no idea how many good eggs you'll produce bu you've just got to roll with it and ^pray^ I'll be keeping everything crossed ;D

#21 ·
Hello!

I'm new to this thread.  I've finally been told by our Consultant yesterday that we qualify for NHS funded IVF as I'm turning 30 on Saturday :)  We're being referred to OFU & he said we should be well under way with treatment within 3 months.  He said we'll be invited to attend a presentation and meet other couples.  Just wondering if somene could shed some light on what to expect & rough time frames.  We're actually in Wiltshire & have been going to the GWH in Swindon.

Many thanks! xxx

#22 ·
Thanks Pinot - I've calmed down now - nothing that a chocolate bar wouldn't cure! I don't know what came over me. I guess as this is my first time I was very naive as to what to expect! How are you feeling now?

Hi Rhubarb - I was surprised at how quickly we started treatment. You'll have your first consult, then your invited to an evening presentation where they will run through all the details of IVF. What it involves, what to expect - the highs and lows etc. I think they run these evenings once every 2 weeks. So if your lucky you can get both in your first month. After that, you'll have your consent form consultation - which lasts about 2 hours. Once this is done they will be able to look at a treatment plan. Once you get started it flys by! Hence my earlier post!

I am also NHS funded as I have a problem with my DNA - and I was expecting NHS waiting times however, OFU are very rigid in their structure and very efficient. I was very lucky with funding, as we had been working with our consultant and geneticist for about 18months so she was very helpful in pushing my funding application through the PCT. So, if they haven't already started applying then ask them about it.
Good Luck.

Lx

#23 ·
Pinot - welcome back , I really missed you  ^hugme^ ^hugme^  Lucky number 7 has a really good ring to it lovely lady ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ I admire your courage and perseverance  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Variety - Good luck with Stimms  ^afro^ nice that DH is sticking around for it  ;D I thought my DP might be tempted to run off too but he's still here lol

Lozza - you are not stupid at all this is such an emotional time, I spent most of my DR Stimms in tears  ;D good luck for EC , I am praying for lots of eggies for you  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^pray^

Elf - hope you got on ok this morning  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Rhubarb -  ^hello^ Welcome to this thread , I have found much hope support and encouragement here, hope you do too.

Michimoo - How was your follow up yesterday ...turns out I did know Marie-Eve she did my egg collection and was scanning at my egg transfer ...just didn't know her name

How is everyone else ? Massive huggles to you all  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

AFM - Had our follow up appointment, took my extensive list of questions with me , asked them all ... got the same reply as everybody else :

immunes - research does not support that they make any difference
assisted hatching - research does not support that it makes any difference
short protocol for me as slow responder instead of long protocol - research does not support that it makes any difference
various supplements available on the market - research does not support that they make any difference.
...and that was the good part of my F/U  :mad:  the not so good follows:

On top of the useful replies above, I found out that after my first follies scan the Dr reviewed my notes and instructed that I increase my Menopur daily injection from 300iu to 375iu but when the admin people phoned me on the day to advise they got it wrong!!! and told me to stay on the same dosage !!! A lapse in communication Marie-Eve said reassuring me that  from the size of the Follies on 1st scan it would not have made any difference - if that is the case why would they have increased then :mad:

I am quite shocked as OFU are supposedly meant to be one of the best Clinics in the UK ... I daren't think how they get on in the worst ones...

In sum - I am what OFU now class as a poor responder , instead of the 30 or so % average chance of success I am in the less than 20 % likely to succeed bracket  :'( :'( ...still on a more positive note Marie-Eve advised it was above the odds to have both eggies fertilize successfully and both embies were of good quality , just bad luck they did not implant apparently  :-[ bad luck  :-[ bad luck  :-[ bad luck  :-[  it's like a echo in the void that expression  :-[
She reccomends we try again but says that it is very unlikely the response to Tx will be any greater than this time around , they would start me on a higher dosage of Menopur and pray for better luck with egg numbers  :-\

DP has already decided he definitely would like us to try another Tx, I was taking my time deciding as I found the whole experience so hard throughout, not to mention the craziness within when I got my BFN  but just found out we wouldn't be able to cycle again until June anyway as it is a condition of our funding to wait 6 months between cycles  :eek:.
I have felt very grateful and consider myself truly fortunate to have been granted funding as I know many don't get it, but I honestly must confess that I was filled with sadness plus resentment all the way home  ^eyes^
I just kept thinking I have been TTC for past 4 years , my egg reserve is extremely low for my age but on NHS terms it is still ok to wait  :eek:
Anyway ...rant over...I found the Tx so hard I probably need that time to recover anyway, until then I will keep praying for knowledge of God's will for me  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

Lots of love and prayers for you all
^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

#24 ·
schnapdrossel ^hugme^ I am sorry you didn't get a more positive outcome to your follow up ^hugme^

Rhubarb Welcome to the thread ^wave^

big ^hello^ to Lozza, pinot, K&T, Elfin, Variety, and anyone else i have forgotten ^hugme^

AFM I am 5dp5dt and have AF type tummy :-\ sore boobies on the sides which started yesterday afternoon and very veiny (I checked my ICSI diary and I had sore boobs from ET onwards) and having awful dreams-I am waking my DH up with gasping for breath! :eek: I normally sleep like a log :-\ I am proud of myself as I have no desire to test :)

#25 ·
Faith - I found out during my Tx that my sister in law who has two children from natural planned BFPs was convinced both times she couldn't have conceived because she had all the symptoms of AF ...only AF never came  :) I am very positive this is what you are feeling too  ^pray^ ^pray^

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

#26 ·
just found you all again, so bookmarking  :)

Hope you are all ok. we are still getting ourselves together after our BFN but onwards and upwards, very lucky to have dd to keep us busy.
xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.