Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Chat/Meet ups for ladies near Bromley/Beckenham area:Part 2

102K views 914 replies 20 participants last post by  leanneNpaul 
#1 ·
New home ladies!

Happy chatting

#2 ·
Thanks for the new thread!

Jen, hope you are ok.  BFNs are so tough, especially when things had been looking so good.  Mrs Rock is right - there are plenty of people who have had multiple tx before they have succeeded, but how long you want to keep going is such a personal thing.

We are all here for you.

Hope everyone else is ok.

Jo
X

#4 ·
Jen I hope you and hubby are taking comfort in one and other and spending time to heal from the cycle. Big  ^hugme^

I had an appointment yesterday to do with my condition, I had been referred and I need to have further scans/tests. I have asked when it should be the Dr (who was VERY brief - I waited 2 and a half hours for a 2minute app) and he said it will be quick should be September, I hope so as due to start cycle in October, fingers crossed. Dr thinks results will be normal - phew and I hope so.

Hope everyone is doing well:)

Ruth x x

#5 ·
Hi ladies,

Its been very quiet on here lately.  I hope everyone is ok  ^hugme^

Ruthie - hope you're app comes through before next tx  ^pray^  I hope your results will be good too  ^hugme^

Jen - how are you?

Sorry can't do anymore personals, as its a new thread and can't really remember other's news!  But hope all is ok.

I won't be on for a week or so, as off on my hols!  Me and DP have a week in a cottage in Wales.  Really looking forward to it.  Will be back on when I return to see how you all are xxx

#6 ·
Thank you Aubergine I am hoping and praying its all done and dusted before cycle due to start and results are clear.

Enjoy your holiday, rest and relax:)

Hello to everyone else hope everyone is OK.

We will have to arrange a meet soon if everyone is up for it:)

Ruth x x

#7 ·
Ruth - I'm always up for a meet  ;)  I've no idea which evening is best for people. Anyone want to suggest a date to get us started? x

#8 ·
How about Monday 22nd? Is that too short notice?

We got a copy of our cytogenetics report on Friday. It said in it the fetus was a girl. I never suspected we would be told the sex and I was so shocked and found it so upsetting. Poking at the wound a bit more. And it made it all the more real. Silly because it doesn't really change anything but harder none the less.

We have our follow up with Guys today, feels like it's been a long time coming x

#9 ·
CGT - I can completely understand how that would make it more upsetting and more real and it's not silly at all  ^hugme^

Was everything else ok in the report? I hope your follow up goes ok. I have mine next week. Guys are hopeless at follows ups and when I phoned to book mine this time the receptionist said to me "we're not very good with follow ups"!! Last time I had to wait 6 weeks. This time they said that I would have to wait until the end of September and was I sure I wanted one! Bizarely when I said is there any way I can get a cancellation... suddenly the 23rd August became available!

#10 ·
The report was very basic. It looked at 4 groups of chromosomes and the X chromosomes and said there were no anomalies which is great and we have another report and blood test results to come.

Guys told me their policy is 6 weeks for the follow up. I too asked for an earlier one and was there was no o point as they wouldn't do anything sooner but you need to have that chat don't you?! Great you got an earlier appt. How are you doing? x

#11 ·
Hello girls,

Its understandable to feel that way CGT, its natural and like Jen said def not silly.

I will check re 22nd:)

Jen - How are you doing? Glad you got follow up sooner.

I have been feeling a bit flat to be honest, up and down this weekend. Not sure why, perhaps subconsciously because there was a family celebration on Sat eve and before cycle was cancelled I thought oh by the celebration we will no if we are preg or not (silly I know). Plus mil has been driving me mad over the past year or so as a friend of hers had a baby last Aug and mil and hubby's Nan treat the baby like a grandchild and great grandchild and that hurts. Badly.

Sorry for the moan.

Ruth x x

#12 ·
Ahh Ruthie, we've all had the same planning when you'll be at 12 weeks hopes to tell the families and those timelines hurt when they arrive. I'm sorry your MIL is being a bit insensitive, she probably doesn't even realise  ^hugme^  Keep hoping, next time ....

We had a great appt at Guys, because we had the fetus genetics looked at they have arranged for mine and DH's karotyping to be done. The results take 6 weeks so when AF arrives (think it will be Fridayish) then  I'll start on OCP for the endo (to delay cycle incase karotyping shows something) and then start stims on day 1 of the next period with no down reg due to our previous results. So I guess we're looking at end of October for the next cycle.

Feel anxious that law of averages says our next cycle can't work but am starting hypnotherpay tomorrow and hope she can sort my head out  ^idiot^ ;D

Hope Aubergine is having a fab holiday and very best happy scan thoughts for next week

#13 ·
Hello Ladies

Sorry for no personals but just come back from 3 weeks holiday and have lost track a bit.  Holiday was lovely in Scotland, first week it was my sisters wedding, 2nd week touring the highlands and last week at the fringe.  I really switched off.

I have my follow up appointment tomorrow at Guys so I will see how that goes, the wait has suited me actually and I now feel ready to fight another day so to speak.

The 22nd works well for me - I am really looking forward to meeting you all.

Best wishes to all xx

#14 ·
Right...so who is up for a meet up on Monday??

xx

#15 ·
Hi

Hope everyone is OK. It looks like I will probably not make the 22nd August as having a day out with my Mum and not sure what time I will be home. Where are you all meeting ? DH and I have our meeting in September to discuss results from the tests we have had. I would be really grateful if anyone has hints/tips as to what will be discussed as well as questions/issues I should raise. I would rather be prepared then come out of it and think 'I wish I had asked that '...

Thanks so much

Hope everyone is enjoying the sun

x

#16 ·
Hi CLara

You don't have a signature so I'm not sure where you are in all this? Are you just starting out and what tests have you had so far?

Jen

I'm up for Monday, any preferences as to venue?

#17 ·
Hi CGT

I will have to try and sort out my signature but I am 37 and DH 45. We have been trying for 3 years. Initial tests - bloods and SA fine. We were referred and had an appointment where they went over that and recommended further tests - HSG, more detailed bloods, etc and this is what we are going to discuss with Miss Hanna.

Any advice would be great

Thanks
x

#19 ·
Yep - you and me Ruthie - lets take this IVF rubbish by the shirt and shake it ! Then whip it and come out smiling  ^pray^

Clara - so so far you have nothing to go on really? I assume you’ve had your progesterone blood test on day 21. Do you know when you ovulate? You can get some ovulation pee sticks cheaply from a website called home health. Then measure how long there is between ovulation and your period, to make sure you don’t have luteal phase defect. Do you have heavy or painful periods? I know you are going to have a HSG but endometriosis won’t show up on a HSG so if the HSG shows nothing will they do an exploratory lap?

We went straight to IVF because of my history but for you, at a guess from your above history, I think they will try you on 6 months of clomid first. If your day 21 bloods were fine and they know you are ovulating then I would query why they are suggesting clomid as it’s a drug to induce ovulation. It is a great drug though and I’ve seen so many happy endings with it.

I would also ask what your PCT supports in terms of assisted fertility (or speak to your PCT ahead of the appt). In Bromley for example it is 3 IUI or 2 IVF and not both. So you don’t want to be wasting your funding on IUI unless they have a very clear reason as to why they feel that would be the best way to go for you rather than IVF. And what is the age cut off, I see you’re 37 and in Bromley the age limit is 39.

One of the biggest problems with assisted fertility is time, how slow it can be moving through each stage and our ages, so also ask about time frames. I think it’s a good idea to read as much as possible around the subject so that you understand the implications of what they are suggesting and can ask the right questions

I can’t think of any other suggestions but I hope that’s given you a little to think about. I'm sorry if that's not much help but we didn't go through the early stages as I've known about my endo since I was 29.

Glad to see Jen, Ruthie and Princess can make Monday. Any other takers? Where shall we go?
xxx

#20 ·
Hi

Thanks CGT for all that. I should have said I have had an exploratory lap and all was fine. Plus the blood tests I had were all fine when I had them earlier in the year. I have had the same tests repeated so I hope they too are ok this time round. That is a good tip to find out in advance what the PCT will offer. I have been using ov sticks and am getting positives on them as well. The whole thing is so frsutrating and as you say time consuming. I appreciate you taking the time to give me some advice - thanks xx

PS Where are you guys going on Monday, if I get home in time I will be there
PPS Hope everyone has a good weekend

#21 ·
Prezzo in Beckenham?

x

#22 ·
Fab idea Jen. 7:30 or 8?

Just back from a spa weekend with the girls. Fab!

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow x

#25 ·
I could meet you at 7 if that saves you hanging about waiting on your own?  Sorry I can't get there earlier thou.

Sorry you can't make it Jo. How are you?

I'll book for 5 then in case Clara is back to meet us for a bit x

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.