Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Jinemed hospital - part 13

101K views 641 replies 27 participants last post by  niknchip 
#1 ·
^fairydust^ New home folks, happy chatting ^fairydust^

#2 ·
Morning all

Hope that you are all ok and have some nice things planned for the weekend :)

I am your new board Volunteer, i am looking forward to getting to know you all if you think i can help with anything give me a shout  :) :)

take care all

Tracy

#3 ·
Tracey, thanks for the new thread and for introducing yourself, I'm sure if we have any snags we'll know where to turn  :)

Well girls we're onto thread 13 and I guess it didn't bring me luck  :(  Sorry to start on a downer but BFN for us this morning  :'(  Don't know quite where we go from here, I mean if two top grade blasts don't stick with immunes treatment what chance do we have  ???  Just trying to find the answers at the bottom of my second bottle of rose.... will let you know tomorrow if I find anything  ::)

TC, your DHs training sounds really exciting... is it a big promotion when he's fully qualified?  ;)  BTW can you remind me of the details for the lab for fragmentation testing? Think you were talking about it a while ago on the PR thread, cheers hun  :-*

Quelle, Nava, Cal, Buskins, Tsage, Jasmine, Kinsky, H&P, RC and anyone else reading  ^hugme^

Love to you all  :-*

xXx

#4 ·
Izzi, I am so sorry to hear your news.  You must be absolutely devastated.  I wish someone would wave a magic wand or develop a magic potion to help all us girls on here who so desperately want to be mums.  Life really is a *****.  Sending you and DH massive hugs ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^  Enjoy the rose hun.

#5 ·
Thanks Buskins sweetie, seconding the request for the magic potion and loadsa  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^  back atcha babe  :-*

#6 ·
Oh Izzilu, im sorry to hear your news too.  It just isnt right or fair and nothing can make this part better for you.  Hurting for you lovely girl, and I third the waving a magic wand, having a potion.  Sending you and Dh love and hugs  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^.

Hi everyone else  ^Cuddle^

Thanks for the redirect Tracy.

#7 ·
Morning All

IzziLu - sorry to read you have had a BFN  :( sending you and yours a big  ^hugme^ this morning.  Will you be able to have a review chat/appointment with the clinic? 

Buskins and Tsage - hello

Tracy

#9 ·
Thanks Tsage, Tracey and Kinsky for the kind words, very much appreciated  ^hugme^ 

Tracey, I am hoping to have a chat with my consultant at the clinic by phone sometime during this week. I'd like him to come up with some suggestions as to why we have now had two pairs of grade 1 day 3 embies and one pair of top grade blasts, combined with the only immunes therapy identified as being needed and yet still nothing sticks....it makes me wonder if it is even worth going back for our frosties  :(

Kinsky, thanks for the suggestion but we were very patient and waited until OTD and did a BHCG. When the result came back at <1 I stopped Crinone and in less than 24 hours AF had arrived.....so no doubt  ^eyes^

Had a bit of a tough weekend but we have mostly managed to distract ourselves (and drunk far too much alcohol  :-[ )  I'm hoping to get a chat with Dr Munip this week at some point before we decide what to do next... and when  ::)  Can't think about much else at the moment  :-\

Love to all  :-*

xXx

#10 ·
IZzilu, hope you can get some answers love, but I wouldnt give up good frosties if you still want to try.  Hopefully your consultant can point you in a good direction.  ^hugme^

Quelle, where are you??

Jasmine, how are you??

Topcat, ive been out running, and keep telling myself, this gets better  ;D. Ive been running trails because they are less populated and im less self conscious about my panting, fat bouncing every which way, and feelingmlike an uncoordinated buffalo pounding down the street  ;). Ha! Bit of an exaggeration, but only a bit.  ^hugme^.  Hows your plans coming along?

#12 ·
Morning All

IzziLu - good that your planning on speaking to the consultant this week, fingers crossed he can come up with some answers and a way forward that your happy with.......... its always worth it  :) :)

hello to navaache, Tsage, Kinsky and Buskins - hope you are all doing well

take care all

Tracy

^fairydust^

#13 ·
Tsage, thanks hun and well done on the running....good effort girl!  BTW Quelle was still in Denver until at least this weekend...not 100% sure when she flies home but I also know that she has no internet access at M-I-Ls where she was spending most of her time before she left  ;)

Morning Nava my darling, thanks for your words.... I can't believe you are almost halfway already  :eek:  Think we may have to postpone our planned reunion for next year  :(  ::)  Big hugs and tummy rubs for you  ^hugme^  ^pregnant^ and love to DH  :-*

Tracy, yep really hoping the consultant can shed some light....meant to say BTW, lovely to see your signature and that Penny has worked her magic for you.... I'm sure Logan is the light of your life  ^cloud9^

xXx

#14 ·
Hey Izzi Im so sorry you do need answers when do you speak with Dr Munip? Youre such a positive happy chic wish it could have been better news , I did not want to log on friday so i texted you instead and when you replied my eyes stayed shut i did not want to open them. Im soo sorry izzi  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

#15 ·
HI Tsage, nava, buskins ,  kinskey, quelle h&p and everyone thats reading ^hugme^
TC goodluck for your scan  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

#16 ·
Hello ladies,

You are quite helpful bunch of great ladies and very supportive. I am sorry for anyone going through bad times and congrats to those who have had great news.

I have contacted the hospital and at the bottom of the page was their reply to my queries. But I am not sure about the prices the doctor quoted. He said without the accommodation, everything totals to $3300. The accommodation for 20 days will amount to $1100. But their website says something different i.e the prices are way higher http://www.ivfturkey.com/ivf/ivf-content/hotel-accommodation_en.

1- So which hotel did he quote me? and which is the best hotel you guys would recommend? I didnt understand what he meant by:

Tests in part 1 costs 250 USD in Istanbul.
The medical cost only is 2600 USD for the ICSI + blastocyst stage embryo transfer + 700 USD for the drugs,totaling 3300 USD.
With 4 star double room hotel stay (20 nights) package price is 1100 USD at the most economic 3 star hotel for 2 the couple inc breakfast. So total will be 4650 USD inc airport transfers within Istanbul as well.
2- Can I pay the tx with a debit card?

3- Can i get the tests such as hormone levels of FSH, LH, Prolactin, TSH and Estradiol, Ultrasound scan and sperm count be done with the 20days i am in Istanbul?

I was planning to go to Norway clinic, but because of change of plan, i decided to wait a bit to reduce my BMI.

PART 1 :

· Jinemed Hospital IVF medical information sheet needs to be requested and filled.

The first step for applying us is requesting the medical information sheet and completing it with recent test results. These tests can be obtained in the UK at IVF Turkey's partner clinics.

1. cycle day 3 hormone levels of FSH, LH, Prolactin, TSH and Estradiol

2. Ultrasound scan done on any day to look at the lining of the womb.

3. Sperm count of the partner

PART 2:

The actual treatment starts 1 month after the first test results when the following cycle starts. The treatment starts on day 2 of the womans menstrual bleeding and lasts for 21 days. Before the arrival, use of the birth control pills or "down - regulation" medications may be necessary.

Pricing :

Tests in part 1 costs 250 USD in Istanbul.

The medical cost only is 2600 USD for the ICSI + blastocyst stage embryo transfer + 700 USD for the drugs,totaling 3300 USD.

With 4 star double room hotel stay (20 nights) package price is 1100 USD at the most economic 3 star hotel for 2 the couple inc breakfast. So total will be 4650 USD inc airport transfers within Istanbul as well.
This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityFriends.co.uk or its owners are not responsible for the contents of external internet sites

#17 ·
Welcome Sophiyya,  as you have already found out all the ladies on here are really helpful and are a great support.  For my first experience of the Jinemed we split our treatment between London and Istanbul.  We stayed at a hotel recommended by the Jinemed for 7 nights and this cost £350.  For the ICSI we were charged £1500.  I had all my scans in London and also purchased my medication here.  I had four scans each time at £120 and my medication cost around £1200 but this really depends on your dose and the protocol you are given.  All in all the whole cycle including flights and spending money cost us around £4,500-5,000.  I personally paid in cash as they will also usually do a discount if you pay in cash, so I am not sure about debit cards.  If you email them I am sure they will answer this for you.  I cannot recommend them highly enough though.  We were extremely impressed from start to finish, even though we have been unsuccessful so far, and this may have something to do with my age and low egg reserve, but each time we had top grade embryos put back, which sadly did not want to stick.

Are you planning to go for 3 weeks or 7 days? 

Izzi, I hope you find some answers from Dr Munip.  It will be interesting to hear what he has to say.  Hope your OK hun ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Hi to Cal, Tsage, Kinsky, Nava, Tracy & Topcat.

Love to you all :-* :-*

#18 ·
Hi Sophiyya, I'm glad you found your way here  :)  You're right, that letter isn't very clear about price and I can't really be sure as I've only ever been quoted in £s but I would guess that the $4650 is for the entry level hotel.... I think it's called the Cagayan.... and is made up of the $3300 for treatment and airport transfers $1100 for the hotel and $250 for the day 2 blood tests, sperm count etc.  They can definitely take debit and credit cards for payment.  Do you live in Norway, is this why you have been quoted in $s?  ???

My recommendation, however, if you can face doing a bit of research, would be to book your own accommodation, probably somewhere in the Taksim area of the city. There is loads of accommodation in this area so you can choose hotel, serviced apartments, or individual apartments, whatever suits you best. The area has loads of restaurants and shopping and Taksim is like the public transport hub of the city so it's relatively easy to get about from there as well as to get to the clinic... just a suggestion though  ;)

I'm doing ok thanks Buskins  ^hugme^  I heard back from Romina this afternoon (she only just got back from holiday) and she said she wasn't expecting our result (neither were we  ::) ) She suggested Dr Munip could ring us tomorrow at 11am but I have work committments so hoping he will ring me on Thursday instead.... hopefully I will know a bit more then  :-\

Cal  ^roflmao^  at you with your eyes shut to read my text.... that doesn't work huney  ;D ;D  ^hugme^

Quelle, you back from Denver yet? You reading? You started?  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Tsage, Nava, Kinsky, TC, Jasmine, Tracey and any lurkers  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

xXx

#20 ·
Just wanted to give izzy a big big big hug.
I'm so so sorry for the bfn.

Hi Tami hi everyone, I'm doing okay still taking it one day at a time. Still on bed rest, have a doctors appointment next week to check out the progress.

Hugs everyone.

#21 ·
Hi Ladies,

Just lost my "I am back" post with personals  :eek:  :mad:  :mad:

Just wanted to say to Izzi, I am so sorry that you got the blooming BFN!  ^hugme^  ^hugme^  ^hugme^ You deserve much better news hun and this time I was really confident. I truly am b u m m e d...  :'(

Nava lovely lady! Really liked your latest picture with the bump... Missed you and sorry that I have not been around but kept tabs on you via our lovely Izzi, you and your babies are always in my prayers...  ^hugme^

Tami, great job on the running :) I really feel like a jellyfish all wobbly when I need to move quickly! Really embarrassing. I was in Denver hun and just got back to Istanbul on Monday night. How are you feeling my lovely? Have you decided what to do next?

Kinsky, have you came back to Istanbul yet?  ;D

Buskins, dear so good to hear from you :) I hope you are keeping well!  ^hugme^

TopCat, I could not catch up properly but I believe and hope that your hysto at Athens went well... Miss you in Istanbul though I am sure our lovely neighbors will take great care to you  ^pray^

Welcome sopphiyya :) I am sure you already got your answers from the lovely ladies. I am not much help for the accommodation but if you need anything else I am the Istanbul resident and I will happy to provide you some pointers.

Tracy so good to meet you and thanks for the new thread!

AFM, I am back from USA and still jetlagged. I have been taking pills to delay my AF and it turns out 14 hrs flight does not agree with the side effects from that medicine. I had two very swollen ankles when I made it home after a 24hrs journey door to door. Circulation in my legs were affected and my DH was really worried  that I will end up with a blood clot that will lead to a stroke… Well I was back on the 25th and AF arrived on 27th. Today is my fist stimm in about an hour.
Not quite sure what to feel… I am not thrilled about it for sure and I feel kind of numb. Not really feel it is in me to try one more time but once the ball gets rolling there is no turning back, I guess… As it is the middle of summer, my beloved embryologist just left for her holidays and there is a chance she might not be here when I get to EC stage. She was the reason I picked up this clinic apart from their Turkish NHS agreement. Well, I guess that was to be expected people are entitled to their time off. There is still a bit of a chance that she might be back just in time if I stimm around 10 days or so… As this is my very first SP I am not quite sure how long it will take till EC, how many follies – initial scan showed 7 – usual for me. The real stressful part will be fertilization as I always seem to do not quite so well on that department.
Well that is all for now, I will be travelling once again for the weekend to my best friend’s wedding to Ankara.
Love to all and sorry for the ones I missed to mention  ^reiki^  ^pray^  ^hugme^  :-*
Quelle

#22 ·
Hi Quelle, so glad your back and OK.  I have always done the short protocol and for me I was usually really around day 12, but this may of course be different for you, but like you I average around 7 follies.  I sop hope things are better between you, DH and your mother.  Please tell me you are going to slow down a bit and have the odd day off work!!  You really need to look after number 1.  Much love to you :-* :-* ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Izzi, have you spoken to Dr Munip yet.  My heart and thoughts are with you babe :-* :-* ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Topcat, How are you doing hun?  You always see, so busy, but so together.  Love it :-* :-* ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Hi to Tracy, Sophiyya, Jasmine, Cal, Kinsky, Nava and the bumps

#23 ·
Morning All

Well its a lovely sunny, hot morning here in Glasgow  :) :) looking forward to a nice day.

IzziLu - how are you getting on? did you manage to speak to you consultant on Thursday?

Sophiyya - Have you decided if Jinemed is the clinic for you?

Tsage - been any more running?

Buskins, quelle, Jasmine, calypso-sky, navaache, Kinsky

Hope i have not missed anyone if i have sorry  :) :)

take care and have a good weekend

Tracy

^fairydust^

#24 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie to this forum, and am grateful for all the wisdom and empathy I see here.  What a neat community you all are.

My story -- I've been trying to conceive for about 3 years, and last Nov I got my first BFP ever, out of the blue.  But sadly I lost the baby 3 days shy of 13 weeks.  Now, because of our age, and based on the advice of friends, we're shortcutting the usual fertility route and going straight for IVF.  We are likely going to Jinemed in Nov for our first IVF cycle.  And I wanted to ask you all for advice.

Basically I want everything to be just right for this IVF cycle as we don't really have the funds or time off work to do many cycles.  So I wanted to ask advice on whether or not I should do a laparoscopy -- I have one scheduled for next week -- since I have all the 'symptoms' of endometriosis -- pain before/during menses, diarrhea at that time, pain during sex, etc.  One of my friends had a laparoscopy done and had fibroids removed, and was happy that she had it done before her recent (successful) IVF.  It made me wonder if I have something in my uterus that caused my miscarriage or made it so hard for me to conceive in the first place.  A lap would help us know what's going on and also help get rid of anything there.

But the more I read about other women's painful experiences, and about the possibility of a more serious laparotomy, the more terrified I am of the recovery time -- I am reading about women talking about MONTHS of recovery.  Is this laparoscopy too close to my IVF time?  Will I need more time to recover?  Should I just skip the laparoscopy and do the IVF and hope for the best?

I'm also worried because since my miscarriage I've been suffering from poor health in general and daily fatigue, and just haven't been able to bounce back.  I've had constant stomach issues and a nagging respiratory infection that just won't go away.  I don't know if it's because of depression or some other physical thing -- my doctor is putting me through a battery of tests right now to see if we can figure it out.  But at any rate, I'm not feeling the best physically.  I'm worried that the laparoscopy is only going to make things worse and make me so tired and sick before my IVF that it won't take. But the timing is just right because we have a conference in Istanbul in Nov, and our work is paying for the flights. 

What do you all think?  Do most women have a laparoscopy done before IVF?

Thank you everyone!  Blessings to you in your journey!

#25 ·
Welcome Sendylee to the happy throng of Turkish Delights  ;D  I am so sorry to hear of your MC but glad to hear that you are planning ahead and I'm sure the Jinny will do you proud!

As far as your questions regarding the Laparoscopy is concerned, I have had both a Laparoscopy and a Hysteroscopy and the recovery from both was pretty quick, you would certainly be recovered enough to go ahead with tx in November. I think if you have a Laparotomy that is a far more extensive procedure and can have a considerably longer recovery time but I also think (although I'm not sure) that your surgeon wouldn't change from a Laparoscopy to a Laparotomy while you are 'under the knife' so to speak, so if the surgeon then brings you around and tells you you need more extensive surgery at a later date you can make an informed decision knowing what has been found in there!  Incidentally if your friend had fibroids removed, that would have been a Hysteroscopy, did she have the double whammy as sometimes the two procedures are carried out together?

Quelle!!!!!!!! Lovely to see you back hun, and glad to hear you're underway. I'm sending every ounce of my PMA your way my lovely, I soooo hope this is the one for you  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^  Like Buskins, my short protocols have usually had me ready for EC on day 11/12 after starting stimms (although I was a day earlier this time) so I hope your embryologist will be back from her hols in time  ;)  Hope you had a lovely weekend at your BFs wedding  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^  :-*

Buskins, how are you doing my lovely?  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^  Any more thoughts or plans from you or is it too early just yet?  ???  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^  :-*

Jasmine, thanks for the hug  ;)  When is your doc appointment? Hope all goes well lovely  :-*  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Tsage, any news from you sweetie?  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Nava, Kinsky ^pregnant^ for those twinnies  :-* :-*

TC, getting excited about your FET yet?  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Cal any luck getting a cancellation appt?  ???  ^hugme^  ^hugme^  :-*

Sophiyya, any more thoughts?  ???  ^hugme^

Tracy, hope you had a good weekend in sunny Glasgow  ^sunny^

Afm, I spoke to Dr Munip, who wasn't really able to shed any light on the situation other than they can't understand why it didn't work so I guess they're as bemused as we are (actually that's a bit of an understatement  ::) ) Anyway, they have agreed that we can have Intralipids for the FET.... I don't know if it will make the blindest bit of difference but it is something else to try and I'm always hearing positive stories about how it's the missing link so we'll see, not holding out too much hope though, just feel as if we'll be going through the motions on this one  :(

xXx

#26 ·
hello izzi whizz  they will let me know if someone cancels only 24 days to go though more waiting ^eyes^ ^eyes^

oohh bugg hell no idea as to why it did not work from jinny.. ooh chick that must be frustrating. when do you think you will go back to turkey then Izz?
welcome sendylee do hope you can get some answers... izzi seem to just about have answered your question re your op. can your doc do a hysterscopy as well just to tidy things up? ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

hey TC where art tho? glad your scan went well and sending you  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^  hope your sis is settling in nicely... :-* :-*

Quelle hunny oohh boo for the rubbish 24hr flight  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^  glad youre back though ^hugme^ ^hugme^

tsage how is the training going?

jasmine you take care of yourself now. when do you have your next scan?

hi buskins, nava, kinskey and anyone lurking :-* :-* :-*

afm been trying to do my project still and getting rid of stupid buglets on my peppers mil suggests soapy water .. i will try anything me  ^idiot^ ^idiot^ ^idiot^ ^idiot^

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.