Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chat for twins or more - toddlers and beyond - part 3

119K views 1K replies 35 participants last post by  bingbong 
#1 ·
New thread, happy Chatting  ^gossip^ ^gossip^ ^gossip^

#902 ·
Nella was it you who told about £20 child care a day? I looked around and we also have 3x council run holiday clubs £20 a day 8.30-17.30 . Printed registration form and going there tomorrow to see the holiday club so that when time comes I can send mine. I am over the moon.I thought we would loose all our holiday because either me or dh will have to babysit and we will not have any left to go on holiday together. Thanks for the information. Now have to find after school care Im sure it will also fall into place in due course :) Feeling so positive today

#903 ·
MsA £20 is such a bargain. I'm sure the twins old nursery make it so affordable because holiday times are really quiet for them as all the 3/4 yr olds with the 15hrs funding don't attend. They still have the same overheads, so at least they're getting an extra £40 a day. It's good you've found affordable council run ones- snap up the places quickly, I'm sure they'll go fast. We have a couple of sports camps near here, but they're late starting and early to finish so don't help with work timings. They are about £40 a day for 6 hrs, and then extra for the wrap around care and meals not included. Also, I can't think of anything I'd have liked less than a sports camp when I was a kid!
those cakes look good-  did you make them?

We've had a lovely day here. Spent the morning at the woods with their friends- us mums just sat on a picnic rug in the sun and chatted while they entertained themselves :). DS did try to ride his bike down a VERY steep slope (it was the grass bank at the side of the slide to give you an idea of the gradient :eek:) and of course went ar$e over tit and the bike crashed on top of him. Bit of a scary moment but all seems well now. DH has spent ALL day assembling some furniture from IKEA..... you'd think he was making it from scratch!

Got to pack in a bit for our mini break. Hoping the weather on the east coast is a good as here! Booked into a cheap hotel, so no idea what it will be like. DS has started waking at 5.30 am again (5.20 this am)  ^bigbad^ What time does Cbeebies start??

#904 ·
glad u all got ur school places...emotional times coming up! (i cried on there first day and for abit after!) i LOVE being a parent at the school gates though, milestone moment

my mums mardy which is a good sign  ::) ;D  shes in alot of pain though with her back shes asked them for morphine like she had for her chest op. still in hospital braving it 2moro with the boys on the bus

ooh walton sex tuplets at 30 yrs on tv now....

asked my SIL to pick kids up one night a week from school - felt a bit cheeky but she said yes, even offered 2 nights but i said one was fab and thanked her. so i can do mon tue thur fri 10-2 and weds 10-7. so still 24hrs a week. soooo relieved ive sorted it. wont be able to do 32 hrs a week every other week as i was before as overtime but it was a bit too much anyway....Think SIL will actually enjoy it (SIL has never babysat for boys or picked up from anywhere!)....may strengthen there bond with her. She said she "never knew what to offer" help wise. (i would have known personally, as she lives 10 mins from school  ::) :p ;D )..she made the mistake of saying "let me know if i can help  ;D )

ive found a kids club for 6 week hols incase i need it, £12 per child for 9am-3pm ...only issue is u have to book and i may not need it.....pondering.

loving the cakes msasian  :)

#905 ·
AQ - hope your Mum is doing ok today after the op. Glad your SIL is helping out. Could you book the holiday club and cancel or is there a fee?

KA xxx

#906 ·
AQ, I hope your mum is recovering well and you survived the bus journey with the boys.  So pleased SIL is helping you, that must ease the pressure and as you say let her get to know her nephews better.  Winner all round!

Went up airfield today and had DH and children watching my take off and landing! There were lots of thermals today so had to work hard but managed to put her down ok.  They were all smiling and clapping so can't have done as bad a job as I thought!

#907 ·
witters - thanks, im gonna do 10-2 mon -fri but weds work till 7 (SIL pick up). first week she is gonna come with me.
no lunch break - just 10 mins!! so gonna try and eat at my desk. i HOPE i can get from work at 2pm to school by 3pm! gonna have to wear proper trainers and super fast walk!!!  :eek:  no need for slimming world!!! which is a good job as it was on a fri morn  :(

dh has just gone to hospital my mum is due out today. it all kicked off (again!) yest, as my mum had asked dh to cut her grass and he hadnt done it yet... (she expects it doing promptly but dh never does anything promptly!! (i cut our grass for that very reason!!!) ...i was like a rose between two thorns  ::)  Ive told her i will do it next time  ::)

i really am so drained with it all

just managed to do my "friday" cleaning jobs and its sunday  ;D ::)

going to see her 2moro at home. back at work tues.

i really really cant wait to go cleethorpes for a week in june - even though its not a "break" cause kids are there - i just want to escape the house  ;D

karenanna - ooh good thinking, i dont know. holiday club is opposite way to my work so thats an issue....as long as my mum can have them for one day a week over 6 weeks i can manage.........not till mid july is it. so will just see what happens..

jennie76 - thanks, my mum fractured her vertebrae bathing her dog, shes 65. theyve sorted the nerves out that were trapped and put a screw in i believe. shes using a stick. didnt need the zimmer frames much, dr said her bones not as crumbly as they thought they were gonna be. said she cant drive for 4 weeks (was 6 but theyve changed it).....any other info much gratefully received ta  :)

#908 ·
Hi ladies, hope you all had a lovely easter. LEGOLAND was fabulous but very busy on the Saturday. Will definitely go again.

I feel very lucky living where we do, our fooball clubs run over the holidays are 8.30-3.30 £10 per day if you book the whole week its only £40, we have to provide a pack up. I have just found a local council holiday club round the corner from my work which have had to match the price of the football schools as they were almost empty, mine currently prefer this as they can do craft as well as play different sports there. Again we provide packed lunch but drinks and snacks are provided and wrap around hours are £3 per hour up to 6pm. We are fortunate we only need 1 day a week.

Glad everyone got the school places they wished for. Ours are back tomorrow, at last!! seems to have been a long holiday.

catch you all soon.

#909 ·
there is a football club thing actually, u just reminded me...but they have never been....
its other side of town though...
ive sorted half term end of may and first week of june for cleethorpes, just the biggie to sort now - 6 weeks!...if my mum can have for one day a week then we can cope, not till 18 july is it....will sort in a month i think

#910 ·
Hi all,
Sorry I haven't read back but just saw everyone got their school places  ^hugme^  Yay!

Just got a quick question for you lovely ladies, especially P&T owners!  Do the seats come off the frame for washing?  I've taken the hood off but not sure if the other bits n bobs come off for washing? Can't work out how?  Anybody know?

Thank you!

:-*

#911 ·
Oranges - Hi! I haven't cleaned it ever  :-[ I will do it when I am ebaying it I suppose  :p I'm sure others will know though
AQ- Hope you are coping and SIL help is supportive  ^hugme^ How is your mum?
Beachbaby - Legoland is close to us we will be going may be for next birthday. Where abouts are you from, I fancy relocating given the childcare costs  ;D
As for us we had a good Easter, did an egg hunt indoors as it was pouring. DS's no nappy nights are hit/miss at the moment. Y'day he did a big wee on big bed I had only put bedmat in his cotbed  ^bigbad^ .After reading the latest news on BBC on mortgages I am thinking of doing a budget, though we are not moving for another year or so ::)  Everyone who moved houses and bought houses before the changes came about consider yourselfs very lucky! Off to Newcastle for a conference next Monday, the last conference for this year - my quota is finished ;D

#912 ·
Oranges- I tried to get them off, but I was worried I'd never get them back on. I gave them a scrub with soapy water and they're not too bad. Will E-bay it soon. DH has listed the cot, changing table and highchair- makes me feel quite sad that they're growing up, and their baby days are well behind them, but it's made room in their bedroom :). I said goodbye to the combi side by side pushchair last week (it went in under an hour on Freecycle).   

AQ- how's your mum doing now she's out of hospital? I had a bit of a go at DH for not mowing our lawn, he's got an ancient old petrol mower which NEVER starts and he spends on average about 3 hrs trying to start it (and failing), meanwhile our 'lawn' is knee high ^bigbad^. He borrowed my BIL's mower in the end so he's had a reprieve.

MsA we did our egg hunt 1st thing and just about finished it before it rained. We had a lovely break in Norfolk and spent Good Friday at the beach. I'd forgotten how bitter the easterly wind is, but it was fine in the shelter of the sand dunes. DD & DS had a great time.
Still in night time pull ups for DS- no sign of a dry night yet :(. I'll give him a few more months, but I hope he's dry by the time they start to go on overnight trips with school (and sleep overs). 

Witters- you are so brave. I can't even get behind the wheel of a car ^bow^

Absolutely pouring down here all day. Hope Sat and Sun are better for the end of the school hols ^pray^

#913 ·
Hello all. Hope you all had a lovely Easter. We went to Genoa for Easter and had our egg hunt in the hotel garden which was lovely - overlooking the sea. Wish we could live there.... ;D

DS2 (4) is being very naughty at the moment. Really don't know what to do with him. He can be very sweet and then the next moment he is horrible - lots of talking about cutting people up.  :eek:  Yesterday they were both playing at being in a cafe and I was the customer. They made me pretend milkshakes and I overhead DS whispering "I've put poison in hers so she'll be dead soon".  :eek:  Honestly, I don't know how he comes out with these things as the others never do! Any tips?

#914 ·
ChocT, Nella - easter breaks sounds lovely

ChocT - Do you think he knows the Sleeping Beauty story where poisoned apple is given? May be it is something he had picked up from school? Not sure what to do though and awaiting others advice so that I can enrich my knowledgebase too.

BTW I just got to knw that rainbow (guides)  I am on the waiting list - they sent me a text to say that the group in my area is full and they will contact me when a vacancy is there + DD is 5 years to have a look at the centre. Not heard from scouts yet.

#917 ·
Oranges, my hubby jet washed ours and then we let it dry in the sun.

Mrsasian, I am very blessed to live in Scarborough on the north Yorkshire coast, we have a 5 minute walk to a beautiful sandy beach, and only a few miles drive to fantastic forestry and the beautiful Yorkshire moors. The down side is we have long slow journeys to get anywhere as the nearest motorway is over an hours drive!! hey ho you cant have everything. Oh yes and our council tax is one of the highest in the country.

Hope everyone is ok and back to normal after the holidays, cant believe they are off again on Monday and then break up again 3 weeks later. Crazy

#918 ·
Just a quick post …

ChocT - you might like this link http://carrotsareorange.com/children-challenging-moments/ - we have similar moments with S and are trying the "you are a kind person, you don't say nasty things" etc… it does seem to work, as he likes being nice, helpful and solving problems. It still doesn't mean there aren't the odd moments!

Hope everyone else is OK

KA xxx

/links

#920 ·
ChocT  :-[ ops yes I meant Snow White  ;D

Beachbaby I am just back from Newcastle for a conf had difficulty language wise though

I remember having this discussion about Lego and Megablocks compatibility. Lego 6+ bricks are compatible with Megablocks Micro. I got some Lego from conf dinner games and are compatible with our existing Mega blocks micro.

#921 ·
MsAsian said:
I am just back from Newcastle for a conf had difficulty language wise though
;D Think I would too!

DD & DS are doing about fairy stories this term. DS was a bit sniffy about the word 'fairy', but when I was reading the story tonight it soon got his attention when the bad fairy told sleeping beauty 'you will die' ::)

Choc-T he's always much more 'violent' than DD in what he says, it started when he went to school, I think he just likes saying the words. They don't watch anything but Cbeebies and milkshake, so he must have picked it up in the playground. I'm just ignoring it at the moment. He hasn't lashed out for a while, so I'm being grateful for that at present.

Beachbaby- I love Scarborough. My brother-in law comes from there and they got married at Ravenscar at the Raven Hall Hotel. Such a beautiful place.

MsA- when we were little we went to St John Ambulance. Children can join Badgers at 5. https://www.sja.org.uk/sja/young-people/badgers.aspx
I loved the stuff we did with them; loads of outdoorsy stuff and also learnt great first aid skills. I imagine it's similar to scouts etc., but it's always been mixed, which was good. When I was little scouts and guides were single sex and as I wasn't a girly girl the SJA suited me.

Oranges have you tackled the P&T yet? I've waved goodbye to one of the cots, the changing table and a highchair.....yay I'm reclaiming some space ;)

Just booked a night away in the Forest of Dean. Just me and DH......can't remember the last time just the 2 of us went away :)

/links

#923 ·
Goodmorning ladies!
We are having some fab weather here <touchwood>
Hope you are enjoying the long weekend

eBay insertion free this weekend so will list some toys today
Anyone saw this ? http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/education-27260436
At the end of the article it suggests to change school admission policy to prioritise all on free school meals. I'm glad my two have now got a school. I no longer need to worry about policy changes that seem to happen too often Phew!

/links

#924 ·
Hi all,
Nella, not tackled the P&T yet. Got so many things to think about / do these days, I don't know whether I'm coming or going half the time ;D
MsA, yes it's fab another free weekend on ebay! Must get as much on as pos, it's so time consuming tho, but needs (extra cash) must! :)
Oh dear, my next problemo is ... bl@@dy school uniforms!! Good grief expensive or what. :mad: :mad: Can anyone help advise me how many shirts, skirts, trousers, I probably need? To be honest I can't see what's wrong with a cheap white polo shirt, a sweatshirt and black joggers, when it comes to a uniform for primary 1/2 but oh no schools have us spending a fortune on school skirts, trousers, ties, blazers etc etc WHAT a carry on!
:-*

#925 ·
Oranges, I always get two of each per child.  It depends on how messy they get and your ability to turn around washing.  I can get away with one set each, but wash most days and have reasonably 'clean' children, so can get away with washing on a Friday most weeks with nothing inbetween.  Although C is a lot more physical so bet I will make use of the two sets!  It's not only expense, but storage too.

With M&K, they went to nursery within a school and had to wear the full uniform, as well as p.e. Kit and even art and dinner aprons!  As they were very tiny children and effectively a  year early for uniform, even the smallest sizes fell off them.  We had to actually get the supplier to make one to measure!!  Crazy and expensive but atleast they looked smart and I knew they wouldn't get in a tangle.

Ugh, busy birthday month is May.  Already having issues with party invites.  M can only have one person and finding it difficult who to invite and K can have 4, but there is one extra girl in her class so will be mean to leave her out.  Hoping we can increase her numbers but physically can't with M.  Decisions decisions!!

#926 ·
Thanks Witters, I think two sets each sounds a good idea, do you have five shirts each tho? And then two sets of gym kits each, are they in the gym every day? They must be I guess. Yes it's the same here, May is a mad stressful month, it's sooo busy. It seems to be packed full of stuff to do and needing done, places to go, people to see, things to be paid. It's a birthday month here too, and I have this secret wish the birthday month was in the middle of the school summer holidays!! After uniforms and birthday presents and various class fees, I don't think we can afford the expense of a proper party. My two however are busy organising their own party, inviting the whole class ;D Oh dear!
xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.