Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Oxfordshire general chit chat: Part 14

84K views 599 replies 44 participants last post by  Nequila 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Bookmarking xx

#3 ·
Barb - absolutely BRILLIANT news! I'm so pleased and relieved for you, you are coping so amazingly well and have a really good attitude to see all the positives when others would understandably dwell on the fact it is still a bloody tough journey you've been on.

Holidays - Caravayyn park or rented cottage? we stayed at Haven Devon Cliffs nr Exmouth recently, 3 hrs drive from Witney. Nice big holiday park with lots of activities for kids (but maybe for school age kids more) great indoor and outdoor pools, on the beach and has a little spa. Lyme Regis on Devon/Dorset border is driveable in 3 hrs too. Bit closer to home I would recommend Christchurch/Bournemouth area where my mum and dad live! Wherever you decide am sure you will have a lovely time.

Mango - good luck with ur stimming!

Kate - fab news on the weight loss, you'll be a right skinny minnie!

xxx

#5 ·
Barb, that is brilliant brilliant news! As good an outcome as you could possibly have hoped for. Hoping you recover from the last bout of chemo pretty soon and can begin to put this episode behind you. Congratulations!

Pinot, we're doing OK thanks, although I'm finding screamy refluxy twins really really tough! Very good luck for attempting number two! Hope DD is thriving meanwhile.

Hi to everyone else. Sorry I don't post much at the moment but I don't feel I can contribute much as I'm not in the treatment loop at the moment. I do keep thinking about that little embryo we've got on ice, though...

#6 ·
Barb - I am SO thrilled for you ;D Although you have made a very hot (and not in the sexy sense!) and hormonal woman cry! Seriously I am delighted. Although it wasn't me going through it, it was my mum, I know exactly how news like that makes you feel and what it means for you and your family. And as for DH, it's got to be Chinese every time ;)

Aenor - OMG, you really have your hands full! Reflux is so hard. Luckily DD didn't suffer but a friends little boy did and it's such hard work. I hope you're managing to enjoy them though.

Right, I've sneaked in to my office whilst DH is dealing with a crying DD (he thinks I'm doing the washing up!) so I'd better go and lend a hand. Have a scan tomorrow and it can't come quick enough!

Love to all,
Pinot xx

#7 ·
Barb that's fantastic news. As for holiday, I would recommend Isle of Wight (we took the girls at 3 months old!) For us it's about 1 and a half hours to Southampton then the ferry I think was an hour, and nowhere on the island is more than about 15 mins drive. We stayed at a fab holiday park with a hot tub so when the girls were in bed we could have a bit of a relax (with the baby monitor!)

Sorry no posting lately. Started my new job 2 weeks ago and it's fab, I think, still settling in but the hours are so so much better. Am trying to get my head around the fact my beautiful baby girls will be 1 in 2 weeks, not quite sure where the last year went!

got to run as dh bringing dinner in, hope you've all had a fab day in the sun.

xx

#8 ·
Barb - I am so, so pleased for you, that news has given me the biggest smile of the week. No wonder you feel lightened from your burden of anxiety. Wow. Utterly fantastic. I haven't got anywhere particular to recommend but I have visited Brighton and thought it lovely and not too far away.

Aenor - sorry to hear your boys have reflux, that's horrid hard work for you all. I'm assuming the doc is prescribing stuff? If the meds they suggest don't seem to work, don't hesitate to go back and ask for something different. I have a friend whose little boy tried about three types of reflux medicine before he found one that worked - and when it did, it was ike a miracle cure. I hope you find something that helps soon!

I thought I was pregnant last weekend and got what I believed to be a very, very faint line on a hpt. Sadly I must have been delusional! Though it has made me wonder whether I can get through another 6 months of this before we go for more clomid (we had agreed to try naturally till the end of the year). DH and I have agreed now that I'll go talk to my (very sensible) GP and see what she says. It's been 9 months now since we started trying again and although I didn't really expect us to manage it, I'm kind of disappointed that it looks like it'll be the loopy pills again. Assuming they work this time, of course! Sorry, just rambling in a pointless way. Will report back if there's anything of interest to say, LOL!

Love to all
Jo

#10 ·
Barb- thats great news, so pleased for you. we have just been to Weymouth with dd and had a lovely time.

Jo- sorry you have not had any luck ttc naturally, a chat with the GP and making a plan sounds like a good idea.

aenor- I think you asked a while back about dd? she is doing great, cruising around the furniture and only 5 weeks until she is one!

xx

#11 ·
Nequila- can't believe our Lo's are nearly one, I can still remember us speaking in the car park after our 6 week scans!
x

#12 ·
Hello, clocking into new home, but also wanted to say if anyone is free this weekend, please come and supprt middleton music festival. I am one of five organisers for the day, tickets are just £10 for adults or £5 for children. 20 music acts over 2 stages plus theatre stage, drumming workshop, entertainers, circus skills, funfair, stalls and suprises. Whats more, if you book tickets before 12noon friday you get 20% off! Sorry for plugging on here but all money goes to charity so we need all the punters we can get!

Website is www.middletonmusicfestival.co.uk for more info.

/links

#14 ·
Happy birthday Jemima !

Aspiring, I really feel for you. How very very difficult to be back trying to conceive and not having success so far ... I know what I am going through now is awful but I have to say that the years I spent hoping to be pg every month, and every month having my hopes crushed, was much harder ... surprisingly ... I hope that going to talk to your GP will help, whatever you decide to do. Good luck, keep us posted, I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

#15 ·
Thanks Barb, that's very sweet of you. In my rational moments, I know we're lucky to have Jemima and if we never manage to have another, I will be grateful for her alone. Of course, when AF turns up every month I realise that with every week that passes, I secretly hope a little bit more ::) I have an appointment with my sensible GP on Friday, will let you know the outcome  ^hugme^

#16 ·
Happy birthday Jemima and good luvk with the doctors aspiring.

Hi to everyone, hope your keeping well. Barb,did you find anywhere to have a break away to??

xxxx

#17 ·
Hey ladies,

Jo - did you do anything nice for Jemima's 3rd b'day? Keep meaning to ask you how did Book Festival talk go the other Sunday? I volunteered on the Saturday morning just selling some books and tickets at the front room of the Corn Exchange I would have like to come to your session but we were going to my DH's parents for Sunday lunch. Sorry to hear it's not happening for you on the conception front - all that sadness, frustration and disappointment :( Good luck with chatting to the doc. You can always get hold of the Clomid now even if you don't use it just yet (could take a couple of months anyway couldn't it as the doc may have to refer you to the fertility unit for them to see you and prescribe it? My GPs told me in Jan 2009 that they couldn't prescribe it directly anymore - had to be via OFU at the JR)?

Mango - how is tx going? Are you feeling all better now after being poorly?

Hello Barb, Kate, Aenor, Pinot, Heluerto, Nequila and everyone I have missed off!

AFM I'm 26 weeks tomorrow, feeling lots of movements now which I used to think would be freaky but I love it! Don't think I will get bored of staring at my bare tummy sat on the sofa in the evenings watching for the ripples and feeling little limbs brushing past/kicks when I put my hand on my belly. I just hope tehse babies stay in there til they're good and ready. Saw the 'baby hospital' prog last night - had me in tears but I enjoyed watching it. Repeated tonight if anyone interested (ITV around 11pm tonight) - last in series, lots of very prem babies at Liverpool Women's Hospital - some happy endings and some very sad.

I'm looking forward to a spa trip with the girls on Sunday at Calcot Manor in the Cotswolds, can't wait - it looks fab!

xxx

#18 ·
Mel, wow 26 weeks already, only seems like yesterday you were anouncing your BFP, gee how time flies. Finding this cycle really hard, think im subconciously scared of the outcome, normally I just go with the flow but its different this time, hoping thats a good thing. I back to full health but using menopur 375iu this time and its knocking me out!! Feeling very bloated so hoping I get a good response. I have a scan on friday and if all being well EC should be monday or weds!!
Glad your enjoying the feelings of movement, I think I willb e a belly starer once I get there lol.
xxx

#19 ·
Good luck Mango! It's perfectly understandable for you to find this cycle hard - you've been through so much, I really hope it works for you this time. Bloating sounds like a good sign. Do you normally get to e/c quite quickly? Sounds like you are on a higher dose than normal too so that's good!
^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
xxx

#20 ·
If i remember Ive always stimmed for 10 day so sat would be my last day so fingers crossed, yes highest dose menopur, I was on 300 gonal f last time. Will keep you updated
xxxx

#21 ·
mango - wishing you masses of luck ^reiki^

malbec - I love your description of the wriggling! Jem was a VERY wriggly baby in utero - to be frank, I was pummelled from the inside for the last two months and the novelty DEFINITELY wore off ;D  I don't know if the GP will have to refer me to the fertility clinic again, seeing as I've already been through clomid treatment. I'm hoping she might be able to prescribe it directly this time.

Jemima did have a lovely birthday, thank you! Though she's had a horrid cold so is rather tired at the moment. Hopefully she will be back on top form for her little party on Saturday :)

#23 ·
mango, good luck for your scan tomorrow! I used menopur for my successful cycle so I hope it will do the trick for you too! Thank you for asking about our hol, we've booked a 5-day break in Swanage, cheap and cheerful, can't be very ambitious in the current circumstances. I am just very happy that we'll be taking the kids to the beach and sea despite the treatment.

Jo, your new avatar pic is very lovely! Now .... which one is Jemima ??!!!! ;-) ! Just kidding ....

#24 ·
Hi Ladies

Just a quickie as at work, 11 Follies. 3 at 13/14mm and 8 smaller ones (7 is smallest I think) More stimms over weekend so hoping smaller ones will catch up. ANother scan Monday morning so will know more then
Love
Mango xxx

#25 ·
wowo mango, that seems to me a really good result! Good luck for the next scan on Monday !

#26 ·
Barb - Have a lovely time, I love Swanage. If you can then catch the steam train that runs from Swanage up to Corfe castle, really fab afternoon out.

Jo - Hope you got on ok at the docs? Mine wouldn't prescribe Clomid (PCT policy apparantly)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.