Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Oxfordshire general chit chat: Part 14

84K views 599 replies 44 participants last post by  Nequila 
#1 ·
#227 ·
Hi Pau, I seem to remember it is blood tests for HIV and Hep-C(?) for you and your husband, also Rubella for you and then hormone tests so day 1-5 you need to have bloods taken for FSH, LH, Testosterone? Then on day 21 of cycle a Progesterone test. This is off the top of my head though I would advise calling OFU to check, I seem to remember they provided letter or info to pass to GP so that results of bloods were sent/copied back to OFU...

Mel x

#228 ·
pau said:
Hi everyone,
I am quite new here. Not sure if this is the best place to ask this questions, but does enybody now what tests other than the hormonal test are required to start IVF treatment at OFU? I am waiting for a phone call from the nurse that looks after the egg sharing programme, but I hava an appointment with my GP tomorrow, so it will be nice to get things moving before Christmas. Can someone help me?
You and your partner will need HIV, Hep B and Hep C, you will need your immunity test against rubella (i think thats the one) and then there are hormonal ones that need to be done on certain days.

#229 ·
hi All

I do read but don't normally get time to post, but I think of you all often and 'see' some of you on **.

Confused - how far do you live from the hospital?? I ask because my DH 'struggled' to produce a sample for his SA and we were told that if we could get the sample to the hospital within an hour he could do it at home. There are even special condoms that don't contain spermicide so the sample can be obtained using a more 'normal' method.

hope everyone has a HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Emma xx

#230 ·
smileylogo said:
Confused - how far do you live from the hospital?? I ask because my DH 'struggled' to produce a sample for his SA and we were told that if we could get the sample to the hospital within an hour he could do it at home. There are even special condoms that don't contain spermicide so the sample can be obtained using a more 'normal' method.
OMG I am so gonna get some of those and book a hotel room!! Why were we not told about that as an option!

#231 ·
Jen - there is a Premier Inn right next to the Oxford Business Park (where OFU is based) - 'The Longwall' beefeater is attached to it, you may have seen it when driving to OFU.

x

#232 ·
malbec said:
Jen - there is a Premier Inn right next to the Oxford Business Park (where OFU is based) - 'The Longwall' beefeater is attached to it, you may have seen it when driving to OFU.

x
Yes, I've seen it. We've been in the pub too :)

Sorry about the tmi and the over enthusiasticness my last comment.. i just didnt know that was an option xx

#233 ·
Yes, my dh did his at home and then I drove it to the JR, nestled between my legs to keep it warm ;D

I'm gradually getting through my VERY long Xmas To Do List and am feeling a lot more ready for The Day now! In case I don't get a chance to say it nearer the time,

^stocking^ HAPPY CHRISTMAS to everyone! ^santa^ ^xmassmile^

Jo x

#235 ·
Jo - I also did birth afterthoughts about a year after Harrys birth (quite a traumatic emergency CS), I found them amazing and they helped me lay so much to rest and make some really informed choices about Olivers birth. Glad you found them so useful.

Happy Christmas everyone, I think of you all often even though I rarely find the time to post.

Sarahx

#236 ·
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year everyone.

Sorry I've been a bit of an absent poster, not sure where the time goes!

My little ladies are 17 months old now, and although they don't understand Christmas they love the trees and decorations. They were amazing on holiday, and far more confident in the pool than I ever imagined. Am a little worried they will now assume that all pools have a swim up bar though! lol

Hope everyone has a great Christmas, and hopefully we can arrange a meet up in the New Year as it's been far too long!

Love Nicky

#238 ·
Hi Ladies,

Hope everyone had a good Christmas?

Quick question, I was due to start injecting on short protocol in about a weeks time but am wondering whether we postpone? I've had cold after cold plus a tooth extraction the week before Christmas and have been a bit run down. What do you think? The problem is January works really well in terms of low work committments and therefore less stress  ???  I just think it hasn't worked so many times when "everything has been perfect" in terms of health etc that does it really make any difference?

All thoughts gratefully received.

Love to all,
Pinot xx

#239 ·
Pinot, I think you should do whatever you feel comfortable with. The treatment which worked for us was the one where we were just using up our frozen embryos before moving to a new clinic! Hope that helps x

#240 ·
Pinot I had a vile stinking cold during IVF but it still worked. I'm afraid I don't know whether being generally run-down would have any impact. Very good luck, if you do decide to go ahead.

#241 ·
Hi girls, just popping in to wish you all a very happy new year, and may it bring what you most desire. And a big THANK YOU to all of you who gave me support during this difficult year. For the new year,  I  look forward to going back to my normal life including work now that my treatment has finished and that I feel recovered. With a bit of luck I should stay healthy now ....

#242 ·
Hey Barb, great to hear from you! So glad you're recovered from treatment and feeling able to return to work. How are Luca and Emilia getting on? All the very best for 2012. x

#244 ·
good luck faithope! do they thaw all 3 or just the 2 they're going to transfer? are they blasts? x

#246 ·
malbec In my schedule that arrived in the post this afternoon ( ^idiot^) it says that we can choose to thaw all 3 or thaw 2 for transfer then thaw the last one is those don't make it or thaw all 3 and potentially destroy one :-\ so hard to know what to do as the cost for keeping just one in the freezer is alot and theres the 'what if' as that may be our future child :( all 3 are blasts, 2 good quailty, one not so..... One thing that has been cleared up is the bloods issue-it states that these aren't required for FET, just fresh :) phew. How are you doing? How are those beautiful babies of yours? xxx

COnfused Thanks hun, to you too xxx

#247 ·
happy noo year all!

faithope - reassuring on bloods issue, i thought that might be the case. i had a quick look on OFU cycle chatter and know u were asking for FET success stories, some of the ladies on this thread may be able to help on that front. i've heard a number of FET successes since being on this site.

Ah i see, can see your reasoning for thawing all 3 then, give urself best chance this go as you would prob want to do a fresh cycle otherwise rather than go for 1 FET. hopefully u wont even need to think about a next time though - all the best for 2012!

xxx

#248 ·
PS the girls are doing great thanks!

#249 ·
Faithhope- our dd was a fet success story from a day 3 embryo! And they don't freeze them anymore. We had 3 frozen, defrosted 2 and one wasn't good so they thawed the final one, had two put back and Now we have dd. X happy new year to you all. Lovely to hear from you barb, glad your treatment went well and is now finished. I start sniffing tom for a fresh cycle. Ten days earlier than planned due to unusually short last cycle! Not sure I and ready for all of this again but worth it if the outcome is good ;) x x

#250 ·
Happy New Year ladies xxxx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.