Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZLIN CYCLE AND PREGNANCY BUDDIES :) :)

208K views 2K replies 33 participants last post by  DizziSquirrel 
#1 ·
Toblerone: 17.09  trn 2x 5d blasts  :)    25.09  BFP  ^banana^  14 dpo :  572 /  20dpo : 5947  18.10 u/s. TWINS !!  ^pompom^ ^pompom^
Stacey:      07.10  trn 2x 6d blasts  :)    10.10  BFP  ^banana^  14 dpo :  350 /  16dpo : 700 /  20dpo:  3500    u/s TWINS !!  ^pompom^ ^pompom^
Sycamor:  08.10  trn 2x 5d blasts  :)    14.10  BFP  / blighted ovum ^angel^  ^hugme^
Sweetpea  15.10  trn 2x 5d blasts  :)    BFP /MMC 10 wks  ^angel^  ^hugme^
Firefly        20.11. trn 2x 5d blasts. :).    BFP    ^banana^  14dpo: 373  14.12  U/S TWINS !! ^pompom^  ^angel^ 1 twin  ^hugme^
DaisyDee: 26.11  trn 2x 5d blasts. :)    04.12.13  BFP    ^banana^  Singleton ^pompom^ ^pompom^
Debbie:    21.01. :) BFP  ^angel^ chemical  ^hugme^
Lolagirl:    28.01  :) BFP  ^banana^ TWINS  ^pompom^ ^pompom^
Sycamor:  11.02  :) BFP  ^banana^  TWINS  ^pompom^ ^pompom^
Triona:    16.02  :) BFP  ^angel^  M/C  ^hugme^
Kiarat:      18.04. :) BFN  ^hugme^
Littletortie  22.04  :)
Debbie.    22.04  FET :)
INTL:        22.04  :) BFP  ^banana^ ^banana^
Outofmi.  29.04. :)
CLP:          tba    :)
BJK.          Cycle cancelled :(

This little thread is for anyone going to zlin or contemplating going to zlin for ivf, those with or without children are welcome here :)  as are those going for donor egg/donor sperm or own egg ivf :) If your lucky enough to get a bfp, the thread still wants  you to be able to post as well :)
Good luck to us all its an amazing clinic :)  ^hugme^

See less See more
#1,427 ·
Brilliant fert report INTL! Should be some good embies from that bunch. I had my Intralipids at egg collection, week 4 of pregnancy and am due one this week, week 12! Thanks for the reminder!!!!!!!!

#1,428 ·
Am just about to go down for dinner but here is my update- 16 eggs, 14 mature and 14 fertilised.

Still feel cautious despite the initial happiness about numbers.  ^reiki^

Had a lovely massage today too  :)

We were able to use PICSI in the end too so hope that helps xx

#1,429 ·
Woweee Littletortie and nottoolate, fantastic news! Come on embies, grow, grow  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Lola, I was measuring 4 days ahead at my dating scan so that's the dates the hospital are working on, not the IVF dates.

I've been into hosptial last night and today for extra tests to check liver and kidney function as I'm now drinking more than 12 pints per 24 hours. All seems fine though and babies are active so no idea what's going on!

Toblerone x x x

#1,430 ·
Great news littletortie.
Wow Toblerone that's a lots of water

#1,431 ·
Have not posted recently but have been checking in on everyone.

Kiarat & Triona you have been in my thoughts and prayers. 

For the ladies in Zlin, I am anxiously waiting to hear your updates and wishing all of you positive thoughts.

Today, I had my lining check for my 4/29 ET, 10.52mm but when I asked the tech did I have a triple lining, she shrugged and said everything is average.  (Dr does not read the report until next week but he had left instructions that they could print the information out for me.)  I just got a list of #'s, is there a way I can tell from that?

#1,432 ·
Littletortie and INTL - fantastic ET wow what great numbers :) Thrilled for you both.

Toblerone - can't believe you on the final countdown. Sycamour 12weeks ALREADY! It's amazing how quickly time seems to go for everyone else on here but time is much slower (it seems) when it's you :) Has anyone else's life become a weekly count ^idiot^

AFM - I am 23 weeks now and am feeling good......except still when chicken is involved ^zombie^ . [/size] Had a few mild muscle like aches the last week or so ......when I cough, sneeze or stand up too quickly......growing pains I think! Yes??[size=78%]

Hayfever ^bigbad^ Is NOT my friend at the moment! I stuff tissues up my nose before going into the garden.....it help.....honestly! AND I bought an air purifier which is AMAZING! Reduced my morning hayfever by 80% Just praying that it doesn't get worse as summer approaches!

Happy Easter all
^bunny^

DD xxx

#1,433 ·
Morning lovelies  ^wave^

Daisydee, pick up a dustmask at your local tool shop. I wear one everyday to clean out the chickens and fill the ponies haynets and it works a treat. I was sneezing constantly everytime I went in the haybarn before I wore a mask.

Outofmi, try not to worry, I'll bet your lining is a super duper triple decker and nothing to worry about. Ask Ivona for feedback on the thickness incase they want you to change estrimax levels.

I was recalled back into hospital this morning for more tests, kidney function marker (creatinine) levels are still rising so more blood tests done this morning. They wanted me to stay in for 24 hours to monitor water intake and output but I pursuaded them to let me do it at home myself so I'm home again! Babies fine but not sure what will happen if my kidneys are struggling more today, I suspect we might have some Zlin babies sooner rather than later but nothing has been discussed yet until we get the results later today. 5 pints of water overnight and 3 pints for breakfast so no room to eat much.

Toblerone x x x

#1,434 ·
Gosh toblerone that's a lot of water, you must be up and down to the toilet all day/night!! I'm the opposite I struggle to drink enough and have to constantly remember to drink !!i hope everything works to !!
Daisysee I am going wk by wk as well although I have to admit this twin pregnancy has gone quicker than my others, I think part of it is because I know it will be to 37-38 wks tops probably earlier realistically every wk they stay inside from now on is a bonus.
I have supposedly been diagnosed with GD but am very skeptical as they are going by the old guidelines not the new ones. I've never had it before and have had previous big babies, the only thing I can think of is they're being super cautious because its twins but I'm also annoyed as it places me into an even higher risk category maybe for no real reason, and I have to prick my fingers 4 times a day !! ^bigbad^
Super excited for the 3 musketeers that are out at the moment, looking forward to more updates  :)
Hi to everyone else  ^wave^

#1,435 ·
Hi All,
I'm new to this forum. My DH are thinking about going to Zlin in July for a DE cycle. I've read back a bit but am wondering if any of the ladies that have been to Zlin already have any advice on where to stay other than the clinics hotel. Also, how did you get to the clinic from other hotels? We will likely fly into Prague and are wondering about advice on getting from the airport to Zlin. Any advice would be appreciated.

Good luck to everybody! :)

#1,436 ·
Hi lew99
I stayed in Penzion Uno , very friendly people . They offer about 3 trips to the clinic in the price and make a small charge for any extra , they can also collect you from the AirPort .here's their web site http://www.penzionuno.cz/en/
Lola x

#1,437 ·
Hi lew welcome to our little thread  ^wave^
As lolagirl has said pension UNO is also a popular pl to stay if you don't want to stay at the Tomesov.
Also  Prague airport transfers are a fantastic company to work with and they will pick you up from the airport and drop you off at the train station and vice versa, you can prebook to make things easier and either prepay or pay the driver on the day.
You can get either the train or the student agency bus to Zlin and its cheap and easy, you can view the train timetables online and work out which trains you can take, it's all very easy  :)

#1,438 ·
Hi all, well we are in Prague and have been for 2 1/2 days now. Prague is such a beautiful place, so glad we have a few days here this time. LOVE IT!!!! today we even saw a guy taking a Puma for a walk ( well I think it was a Puma or a Lynx) amazing!  The city is gorgeous, we've done heaps of walking and are quite worn out. We are leaving here tomorrow and head to Zlin.
I have my consult at 11.15 and transfer is booked for about 2pm.  :)

Littletortie and INTL they are fantastic numbers  ;D I thought we may arrive a little earlier at the clinic on Tuesday and meet up for a cuppa or something in the restaurant? Let me know what you think. Although I do want to go shopping in Zlin for some new boots  :)  What time are your transfers booked for?

Toblerone that is an amazing amount of water, hope all is well.

Stacey are the fingers sore yet? i know that feeling too well even after 6 years the pain is still fresh

Welcome Lew, the first time (jan 2014) i stayed at the clinic hotel, its very nice and very convenient. This time however they had no room for us so we are staying at Penzion Uno. From all the correspondence i've had with them so far they are really lovely. (Will let you know more after tomorrow ;) ) We flew to Prague and used the Prague airport transfer to pick us up and drop us at the main train station the first time and caught the train to Zlin. This time we got them to pick us up and drop us at the hotel in Prague. They are really good. It is about 3 1/2 hours from Prague to Zlin.

#1,439 ·
Thanks Lola, Stacey and Debbie for the information. It sounds like Pension Uno is the place to stay. Is it possible to walk to the clinic from the pension?
I'm also wondering for the ladies that have had success, did you do any alternative therapies such as intralipids, accupuncture, reflexology............

This forum is so helpful. Thanks! :)

#1,440 ·
Lew the UNO is on the other side of the town  up a big hill I believe, but I think the owners will drop you off and pick you up at the clinic on transfer day, also the reception at the clinic can organise taxis for you which are cheap as well.
I did acupuncture but I had been doing it for 2 yrs so I didn't specifically do it just for the zlin trip, but it can only help, with lining or even if its just to help you relax before you go :) if you get the train to zlin you can let the clinic know the approximate time of arrival of the train before you can Jo and they can organise a taxi to meet you, but if you stay at UNO I'm sure they will pick you up from the train station :)

#1,441 ·
Hi lew
When we stayed there we flew Brno and got the student Angency bus ( which was v cheap) to Zlin, Martin the owner of Penzion Uno came and collected us from the bus station.
Penzion Uno is probably to far to walk to the clinic but you can walk to town no problem , like Stacey says there is a bit of a hill.

#1,442 ·
Hi Lew

WELCOME :) We stayed at the hotel for our visit. We also flew to Brno and the hotel picked us up - not the cheapest option but we didn't want to worry about working out the busses etc. Although I believe they are very easy. The hotel is lovely - rooms are just gorgeous and we liked the convenience of being in one place. I didnt have any "alternative" treatment so can't comment on that but like Stacey says - it can only help.

You in great hands at Zlin - they are brilliant

DD xxx

#1,443 ·
well we are here  :) the hotel (Penzion Uno) met us at the station, so much easier than our last trip.  Fist impression of hotel is not as modern as Tomasov. Staff so far (met one guy called Andrew) are nice. Its easter Monday so restaurant is closed. He couldn't tell us where we would be able to get dinner :( So I've just rang Tomasov and we are heading there for dinner. About a 6 minute taxi ride according to google maps.

#1,444 ·
Debbie - littletortie and I are at golden apple having coffee and hanging out. Would you like us to join you for dinner?

#1,445 ·
Just PM'd you INTL

#1,446 ·
Lolagirl which room did you have when you stayed here? We are in room 12 was supposed to be room 13. Martin is not here at the moment due to visiting family for Easter. I must say i am a little disappointed so far. Maybe because the Hotel Tomasov is ultra modern and this is a little dated, plus because of the easter holiday the restaurant isn't open and the guy wasn't very helpful in finding somewhere to eat. Maybe my opinion may change when Martin is back.

#1,447 ·
Hi Debbie I can't remember what number , but you went up the stairs from reception  it was the first on the left, everything was furnished in white. I thought our room was lovely.  It's a shame your disappointed I always found them so helpful going on the internet and printing things off for me. The women there did all that ( can't remember her name, my brain doesn't work too well when I'm pregnant) .
The town is only 15 minutes walk, we often walked to the town for dinner.
Martin speaks v good English so you should find things easier then .

#1,448 ·
Debbie, INTL, little tortie! Just a quick post to wish you all the very best for transfer tomorrow. We will have everything crossed!!!

#1,449 ·
Thanks sycamore!!!! Did you use embryoscope?

#1,450 ·
Yes good luck girls. Fingers crossed xx

#1,451 ·
Thank-you all for the info. I may try the acupuncture again. I did try it once but when she put the third needle straight into my belly button I kind of freaked out, so not overly relaxing. lol!. Although, if it will help get results I'll suck it up and go. Intralipids sound like they may help too. This is the last go so we are going to do anything and everything. Now we just need to pick the date and go.
I hope to see many more BFPs before we go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.