Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Anyone in Paris

11K views 88 replies 14 participants last post by  Tabby1979 
#1 ·
After many years of being in denial an thinking it would happen we are starting down the road of proper diagnosis just not suppositions of weight and pcos.  Anyone else in Paris going through this?

#53 ·
Marie Noelle Menard, in her office.  (She is also in the American Hospital once a week I hear)

#54 ·
as my partner and i are both female, we are legally barred from getting reproductive help in France, so it's Spain for us.  we went to Belgium for our IUIs...thank goodness for our more open-minded neighbors. we'll hopefully be headed to Barcelona in the next 10ish days for an ET.  ^pray^

#55 ·
Uggh....how frustrating.    It must be so draining to have to travel each time for you and your partner!  Fingers and toes crossed that this is the lucky month for you two!  ^pray^

#56 ·
Hi ladies,

Hello Cher & ZonZoon.  Tina - so sorry to hear that your tx didn't work - I've been so curious after we spoke after yoga and your AF was late and then I didn't get chance to ask when I saw you briefly at JL's.  Zonzoon - how annoying that the French medical system isn't open-minded enough for you to be able to get tx closer to home.  Cher - good luck with your IUI.

Does anyone know how to organise a private scan in France without needing to be referred by a gyno? I'm having tx overseas and need to have a day 2 antral follicle scan, but it doesn't seem as straightforward as I'm used to to just be able to call somewhere up and arrange it privately.  All advice gratefully received!

Sx

#57 ·
Susiew - not sure about a scan sans ordinance.  There was a great place on Avenue L'opera and he spoke English.  I would think they might.  However - I would see a gyno to help with monitoring - my gyno actually does it himself. 

#58 ·
I agree Susie. I'd go to a gyn too if that would be covered by your health insurance. Then it's easy, as they'll prescribe any scans, blood tests and drugs you need.
Mine, Dr Allart, doesn't do the scan himself, but his colleague who does is in the same practice, so it's all really easy and he's given me advice and support during my donor cycle abroad.
If you're not covered to see a gyn, I suppose you could get a prescription from a GP, which is cheaper (the GP consultation I mean)...

#59 ·
OK - thanks for the advice ladies.  My main worry with going to see a Gynae is how long it'll take to get an appointment and then a referral... all feels very complicated  :(  My lack of carte vitale/mutuelle arrangement only seems to make things more difficult here as the doctors don't understand the fact I have international medical insurance and Bupa don't seem to have a clue how the French medical system works in reality or any idea of how an IVF cycle works!  Ho hum.

#60 ·
I think if you ring mine and are flexible with the time of day for the initial consultation you should get an appointment in a few days. Then there is no waiting for echos, as that's all the Dr does...
Ajw

#61 ·
Hi

Dr emanuelli is doing my FET with monitoring from Australia.  So I think he would be good to.  His secretary is great.  You wouldn't have to wait long either.

Tina

#62 ·
Hi every one
I live in Paris too and was looking for the English speaking girls that do ivf here
Can I join your group ?

#63 ·
Hello,

Welcome to the group :)  I am not doing IVF yet...I will try one more round of IUI and then move to IVF in May.  I am nervous about the transition!  How many days of injections did you guys have to take each IVF cycle?

#64 ·
Hi All. 

Oddly there are more of us Anglos in Paris doing IVF than I would've thought! 

Does anyone fancy meeting for a coffee?  I am always looking to meeting more people. 

Hopefully doing an FET this week.  Let me all know how you are making out. 

Susiew and ajw - I am hoping to come to yoga tomorrow and Monday.  Let me know how your cycles are going.  I met with a clinic in Oz and she said they started up a clinic in Prague.  The clinic in Oz was fab.  I may go back and do it here as I think the lab at the American Hospital is the problem according to the information I have gathered.  But am wondering if Bluets is the best and much better?  Opinions welcome!

Tee

#65 ·
i'd be up for a coffee  :).

we just got back from a trip to Spain and i now have two little embryos on board.  everyone at the clinic was just lovely, and it felt so good to be back in Barcelona.

good luck with your FET this week, Tee.  what protocol are you doing to build your lining?

#66 ·
Hi.  I am doing a natural FET...so just the progesterone starting today for the transfer on Friday. ;)

Tee

#67 ·
hiya and welcome, D7711! i somehow missed your post while i was out of town.  it sounds like you have also had a really hard journey.  ^hugme^ when are you planning to do your next round of IVF and how long have you been in town?

CherinPar, thanks so much for the good wishes. i noticed from your sig that this round of IUI didn't work and you're going to do another one in the next couple of weeks.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ that this IUI is the one and that you don't have to move on to IVF.  the third one i had was the charm for me, and i hope the same is true for you.  how long do you stim (and at what dosage), how many follicles do they let you have here in France and how many hours past trigger do they do the insemination?  i hope you don't mind all of the questions. i've gotten to be somewhat of an "expert" on all things injectable/IUI-related over the last few years  ;D

SuzieW, i also suggest finding a gyn who will do the scans in office and prescribe the blood work for you.  did you have any luck finding someone for that?

#68 ·
Hi Ladies, I would also be up for coffee sometimes!  I did Yoga one time, but then stopped as this month's treatments were quite painful for me, followed by complications now :(

ZonZoon, I did 5 days of injections at 112.5 u of Gonial F (plus another to stop ovulation for 3 days) followed by Ovitrel trigger.  I had my IUI 18 hours after trigger (first time) and 31 hours after trigger (2nd time).

I just learned Wednesday that I developed Polyps after the injections stopped.  I woke up and was barely able to walk, I thought something had exploded inside.  Very scary. The doctor first thought she was looking at two embryos...but looking closer...painful painful polyps :(  I've been stopped for one month and put on a treatment for them.  She said it is a natural side effect of Gonial F, has anyone had that before?

ZonZoon...what do you think is the magic number for timing between trigger and IUI?

#69 ·
Sorry to hear that Cher?  What does that mean for testing?

Good luck Zoonzoon.

My FET went well - both defrosted!  I was shocked.  I did a completely natural cycle.  Just Progesterone after ovulation and until told otherwise. 

For my lining I think Accupuncture and inofolic has done it.  My accu in Oz and the FE were very impressed with the natural thickness during the monitoring.  :)

#70 ·
oh, no Cher! i'm so sorry about the polyps and the cancelled cycle. are you feeling any better?

to answer your question, the magic number for me both times was 37ish hours post trigger. i could always feel myself gearing up to ovulate at around 33ish hours after the trigger (usually in the car on our way to Belgium), and then the pain and discomfort would get more and more intense. it would finally calm down by about 42 hours after. i always had some répliques (aftershocks) as my wife likes to call them for a while afterwards...and sometimes even a bit in the following days, but the window of ovulation was very, very obvious for me. my ovaries felt like heavy metal balls and i always had the feeling that breaking wind or pooing would help alleviate the pain (it never did...) have you noticed similar pains and bloating about a day and a half after trigger? i'm assuming that you are using fresh sperm instead of the frozen that we use. that makes a difference, as the fresh sperm can live longer; however, i still think they like to do the IUI so that your ovulation occurs within a four hour to either side of the insemination.

i hope that's not tmi ;D

i also hope your Easter has been pain free. ^hugme^

#71 ·
Thanks Ladies, Zonzoon that is really helpful. I also thought I could feel when I thought it was starting last month (right around the time I had the IUI actually, so was so hopeful).

I am still in pain, but much less then last week.  Somehow the olyps have triggered my Siatic nerve making it hard to sit/walk/sleep/work/take the metro..do anything without pain shooting down my leg.  I knew this journey was going to be hard, but this last week has really kicked my butt.  I hope the worst is soon to be behind me now! 

I hope things are going better for you all!!  Tee how are you feeling?

#72 ·
Hello Ladies,

I have an IVF Question for you:  When did your meds for your IVF Cycle begin?  How long did you Stim before transfer?

My husband just got a new job that he is starting in June.  We are scheduled to have our final IUI this cycle (which I believe should start any day now).  I have an appointment with my Doctor Monday morning, and was considering asking her if we could try IVF instead of IUI this cycle as it will be tricky for my husband to get time off work next month with his new job.  It is my understanding that IVF will also be more time consuming for him?  Starting a new job, this may be difficult to do, and keep a good image during his trial months.

I just don't know if this is a realistic request, or if I need  to start "preping" before an IVF.  Also, I don't know what days stimming starts.  She has me started quite late of my IUI's (Usually CD 9-11/12).  If AF shows today, Ill be on CD 3 before I meet with her.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!!

#73 ·
Cher,

This reply may be a little late and not that helpful I'm afraid, but it really depends on your protocol.  If you're on long protocol you will usually start the cycle before the one that you're planning to have EC etc, but some ladies down-reg for longer, some down-reg for less: it depends on your own personal situation and protocol.

On the other hand if you do a short protocol, eg: antagonist, agonist, flare, you usually start stimming on day 2/3 of your cycle, stim for 10-12 days then have EC about 48 hours later (so day 12 -14 typically, but again depends on how you respond to the stims).  You husband would need to be available to do his bit on EC day (worst case he could do before and it could be frozen, but it's not ideal) and you would need someone to go to EC with you even if it wasn't your husband (I know ladies who've been with a friend or a relative if their partner hasn't been available).  ET will be 2, 3 or 5 days after EC, but is a straightforward process so other than being there for the 'moment' there is no desperate need for your husband to be there for that. 

Hope it helps in terms of the mechanics, if not timing.  Your best bet, if you haven't done so already, is to have a chat with your OBGYN/Clinic to find out about what protocol they recommend and then take it from there.

#74 ·
Thought I would check in to see how everyone is doing.  My FET didn't work so we are now changing clinics and they are changing the protocol. 

Tee

#75 ·
Oh, sorry to hear that Tee. Which clinic are you going to now and what protocol are you doing?
Hope everyone else is ok?
Ajw x

#76 ·
Ajw - great news and twins.  How was reprofit?  Was it DE in the end? When are you due? 

We are going to go with les bluets and an antagonist with menopur.  Any suggestions? 

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.