Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

All things DEIVF @ Shady Grove

163K views 2K replies 27 participants last post by  Shoegirl10 
#1 ·
                                ^fairydust^ Welcome ^fairydust^

A place to share experiences and advice, normally on FF we would have a cycle thread then other threads that would cover after treatment support.  As there is just a few of you at the moment that are regularly posting I think we should just keep it to the one thread.  All I would ask is that as before you keep your chat on topic, respectful and supportive... Basically just keep doing what you have been doing  ;D ;D

Shout out if you need anything, but I will leave you all in one anothers capable hands  :)

#1,027 ·
Magnusi I hope you are able to see things more clearly today. I'm sure you'll make the right decision for you and your DH. Thanks for your kind words, yes I'm able to take a cat nap during the day. More than able, it's a necessity! I use pillows between my legs, under my tummy and on my back but still can't find a comfortable position. I don't complain, just 11 sleeps and to be honest, I still enjoy being pregnant! Will have my babies by elective c-section at the Lindo Wing St Mary's with a lovely consultant called Etienne Horner, very nice man.

Hello to everyone else, I need my cat nap now!

Love,
Carito xx

#1,028 ·
No more drugs................yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ;D ;D ;D ;D

Well at least for tonight only; I have cancelled the cycle and am taking progesterone tomorrow and Thursday to bring on a period.
So thank you all so much again for your advice I considered everything you said;  Babycakes - I would have regretted our trip immensely were we to get a BFN. If I get a BFN on the next one, at least I know I have tried everything I can first. Chelsea Chick it is the lower risk option as I feel we won't be wasting a trip  with something that I would be embarking upon with a very heavy heart and Carito, I do not feel that this is as good as my lining gets and I do want to take the chance of improving my lining. Little Ted thank you for encouraging me to keep posting. I have evidently taken you on your word and have completely dominated our forum in the last 72 hrs (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), but you all need to know how much you have helped me with your support and kind words.
I saw Dr G this morning and while I will use him to do a uterine wash in the next cycle, it wasn't going to help me now at this stage as I have started the progesterone. he pointed out that progesterone actually makes the lining shrink - this helped make my mind up. I can't believe I am phoning round to get quotes for Gonal F again - not something I thought I would ever be repeating, This does intimidate me slightly and am worried about what my head teacher will have to say as we are expecting our Ofsted phonecall any minute and I want to take time off for scans every other day. I remind myself that this isn't important though!
Carito I have just checked your hospital out on line (I am so nosey) and I have to say it looks amazing! You will get such amazing care there and quite rightly so! Enjoy your blissful last few days before the babies arrive and sweet dreams.
Baby cakes - you still have a little time to make your mind up. I will pass some advice back to you (not sure who recently said it) , to go with your gut instinct!
Steph how are you getting on? Re the deloestrogen, I haven't been so bad this time round (my body is now very used to it) but have suffered from constipation and on the first cycle felt quite out of sorts. It has also made me need the loo several times in the night. (Although according to Penny at Serum, this is down to hidden C and so everytime that problem surfaces I need to repeat 25 days AB treatment. I can't even bare to think about that at the moment!!!
Lots of love all. xxxxxxxx

#1,029 ·
Hi girls
Magnusi, sorry I'm late answering to you about your big decision, so hard to know what to do but I sense a huge sigh of relief in your post now that you have made your decision. What a tough one but I honestly think you have made the right one and one where you won't have regrets. I gave always found such support on this forum, it really is the place for the good times and the bad.
So deep breaths and onto the next step and a new perfect lining  :) :)
Keep strong  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Carito, it's the final countdown, I'm excited for you. I can honestly say that when I look at our daughter all the heartache, tears, stress of OE cycles just fades away and without it all she wouldn't be here.... ^hugme^

Chelsea chick, sorry I have no experience of hematomas but it sounds like you have expert care and advice at hand. Take care  ^hugme^

Hope everyone else is well x

#1,030 ·
Hey Magnusi,
Fantastic news - I'm so pleased you've reached a decision, as Little Ted says, I can sense your relief and that shows you have made the right choice.
It would have been tempting to go, because if you're anything like me, you just want your dream ASAP, but honestly the sensible thing was to cancel and try to get a better lining with a stim cycle.  I also think I would want to give the little embryo the best chance possible.
Yes, don't worry about work, Ofsted etc. this has to take priority.
It's good you have spoken to Dr G and have him lined up for the next cycle.  I think you will take real comfort from knowing you are throwing everything at it.
Ooh yes, must feel very odd getting quotes for the Gonal-f!  Fingers crossed though that this will make all the difference.
Keep us posted hun. x

AFM - counting down the days until next Wednesday's scan.  I just wish I could enjoy it, but I'm still fretting.  I now keep thinking the baby will have just stopped growing.  I feel less sicky today, boobs less sore, so of course I'm over-analysing.  Anyway, enough of my paranoia ... I'm so lucky to be in this position, I need to have faith and take it a day at a time.

Thanks Little Ted - I'm hoping the hematoma is not interferring with anything and hopefully will have disappeared/shrunk by my next scan.  Hope all OK with you x

Hi to everyone else. x

#1,031 ·
Hello everyone

I hope it's ok to rejoin! Some of you may remember me from our trips to SG last year. We had a few trips out there and had a BFP which sadly ended in a miscarriage followed by a BFN. In between my thyroid went haywire which I had to sort out prior to going back for FET.

I took some time out from the forum as there just seemed to be a big mountain to climb but I am pleased to say our cycle was successful and we have just had a beautiful baby girl!

I wanted to let you all know just to close the loop so to speak - I remember when I was reading other people's stories that I often wondered if those who hadn't been successful first time had gone on to eventually have a baby and I wanted to give those of you still going through that journey some hope. 

I have read the forum each day so I hope that for those who are finding things tough that you somehow find the strength to keep going. 

I will continue to keep reading and post now and again if I may

Best Wishes

Milsten x

#1,032 ·
Oh Milsten! How lovely to hear from you.
And of course you are welcome ... !

I am absolutely thrilled to hear of the safe arrival of your little girl.  Wonderful, wonderful news after such a hard journey. Thank you for updating us all and giving us hope.

It feels like this forum is one big family. We've all had ups an downs but you've proved that we will all get there and that we will always find support here.

Congratulations again and wishing you all the happiness in the world with your new little one. I'm sure you'll have your hands full but do let us know how you get on if you ever have the chance.

x

#1,033 ·
Milsten, such great news, I do indeed remember you! I am so pleased you have your little girl!  ^hugme^ Xx

#1,034 ·
Hi everyone, 
Finally got some time to get up to date and post - sorry, have had bit of a shocker at work.

Magnusi - so sorry to hear of the heartache you've had over the last week or so, you've had a hard time! But agree with all the other advice, particularly CC. My heart would have been trying to persuade me to jump on the plane and give it a go just in case we could make a baby sooner - we've probably all played the odds at some point. But my head would have been telling me to do everything I could to maximise my chances, even if that meant waiting another long month. It sounds like you've got everything lined up for a stim cycle - wishing you all the luck in the world.  ^hugme^
Try not to worry about work - easier said than done i know!

CC-you're so close to your 12 week scan now, you'll be over another hurdle soon and  you'll be able to relax a bit.  :)

Milsten - big congrats, so lovely to hear your news after what sounds like a difficult journey.

Little Ted - its a great encouragement when you say that it will all be worth it in the end and when you look at your daughter, all the heartache fades. I know that's true but sometimes it helps to hear it from someone else x

Carito - sorry to hear you're so uncomfortable. Almost your last week and they'll be here!

Hi to everyone else.

AFM - had bloods and scan this morning, all ok. Waiting to hear how many follicles donor has tomorrow (Weds) given egg retrieval scheduled for next Tues. We're 3 of 3 so fingers crossed for a big number ^pray^

Night night x

#1,035 ·
Hi Steph - great news on your scan and bloods.  I hope you get great news today on follicles.  I was also 3 of 3 and was very fortunate to end up with 7 eggs.  One transferred and one frozen.  Some people get only 4 or 5 but end up with more to freeze, so you just never know.

Thanks, yep only 6 sleeps until my scan, and as we have the Easter break in between it should make it go quicker.

Take care - and hi to everyone else :)

xx

#1,036 ·
Hi ladies, hope everyone enjoying Easter weekend.

Sorry to disturb but just wanted a bit of advice re donor - have just found out that her scan today showed 41 follicles but only 10 measuring 9-13mm. Egg retrieval originally scheduled for Tues. Is this good, bad or indifferent?! I think I only managed 4 follicles once, never mind 41. And I'm panicking that only 10 seem to be of a decent size.....we'll be cancelled unless there are 12 eggs?

Any thoughts welcome. Thanks x

#1,037 ·
Hi Steph,
They won't trigger your donor until the bigger follicles measure at least 18mm or more. They will stimulate her for a few more days if that gives the smaller follicles to catch up. On the other hand, they might collect more than 1 mature egg per follicle. So she may produce an enormous quantity. I wouldn't pay a lot of attention to this updates as they are more useful to the nurses than to yourself but I would say things are looking very promising for you!
Relax and enjoy the break, have a couple of glasses of wine in the meantime!
Love,
Carito

#1,038 ·
41 follicles??! Oh my!! I think i only ever managed 5 at most, no matter what size!? I agree with carito, sounds very promising indeed!  ^reiki^

#1,039 ·
Hey Steph,
Happy Easter :) I'm just vegging on the sofa, been a bit worried as I've had stomach cramps but they've settled now so I think it's actually a bit of constipation.  So hard to tell, but I'm worrying about every little thing at the moment!
Anyway, enough about me!

Wow, sounds like your donor is doing great!
So when I received my updates the nurse would call and say donor had 10 measuring so and so ... when I questioned the fact that she had had 20 follicles initially so were the other 10 too small, the nurse said, oh no, if there's lots of follicles they just measure some of them to get and idea.
Hope that makes sense?
Or did they specifically say only 10 were measurable to you?
Even so I think there is plenty of time for lots more to catch up, I would honestly think you'll get at least the 12 required.
Sending you lots of positive energy hun.
xxx
P.S. Easter is a good time for eggs hee hee ;-)

#1,040 ·
Thanks girls, really appreciate the feedback. It's hard not being in control (!!) and doing this all for the first time. We're in Spain at mo and wifi only in restaurants etc so sorry am not very responsive. I'll be happy if we get 4 eggs......just praying we don't get cancelled, feel like I've been counting down the days til we're flying to US for ages. And yes, Carito, have had the odd glass of wine but am designated driver most of time! Carito, this time next week, your babs will be here!!!! Xxx

#1,041 ·
Quick one from me. I have control tomorrow morning because I have a bit of high blood pressure. If it persists I may get to meet the twins earlier than expected!

#1,042 ·
Hi girls
Carito, hang in there!! Hope your BP is ok! Those babies are getting ready  :)

Milsten, wonderful to read your posts and have you back online. Enjoy every moment with your wee daughter. It's just the best thing ever  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Steph, all sounding very positive but I get the control thing...I'm the biggest control freak ever  ;D

Magnusi, hope the prep for the best ever lining is underway  ;D

Chelsea chick, try not to worry as some cramping is ok, I remember having it too  ^hugme^

Hi Babycakes and kiwi  :)

Gotta run, junior is awake again!
Hope everyone else well x

#1,044 ·
Ooh OK Carito! I'm sure all will be fine, not long now! xx ^hugme^
Hi little ted - thanks for the reassurance.  ^hugme^ More brown/yellow/ tan coloured spotting today. Wish it would stop, but fingers crossed. xx
Hi everyone else  ^wave^
X

#1,045 ·
Just flying in quickly as away from home and am on the iPad which I hate typing from.......I hope all went well this morning Carito. Thinking of you !
Love to everyone else. Xxxxx

#1,046 ·
Our boy twin babies made an early appearance yesterday Saturday 19 April at 2:30 pm via csection. Boy weighing 2,7kg and girl 2,5kg. Words cannot describe how we feel. Happy beyond belief. All the difficulties lived, the Oe cycles failed, everything led us to this perfect moment and these perfect babies which I wouldn't change for the world!
Lots of love
Carito

#1,047 ·
Congrats carito!! Twin boys, excellent!  ^clapping^  Decent weights too, such great news to log in to! No doubt you will be very busy but do let us know how you get on.
^hugme^

#1,049 ·
Oh Carito! Congratulations to you both. Wonderful, wonderful news! So happy everything is OK and that your lovely twins arrived safely. Enjoy this new chapter hun.
xxx

#1,050 ·
Many Congratulations Carito on the safe arrival of your twins!

April is a great birth month!  :)

You can now safely park the last few years of frustration and disappointment and focus on the future with your babies.

Hi to everyone else, hope you are well and for those who are still on their DE IVF journey, please continue to keep having that hope.  SG are having some great successes at the moment

Best Wishes

Milsten x

#1,051 ·
I missed it was boy/girl!  ;D  Congrats!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.