* Author Topic: Winter 2007 - Parents Place To Chat - Part 7  (Read 11116 times)

0 Members

Offline petlamb

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
Re: Winter 2007 - Parents Place To Chat - Part 7
« Reply #140 on: 29/07/07, 14:06 »
Clare, both B & E's temp is usually around 35.8.  That just seems normal for them and they're definitely not cold as they both sleep upstairs in our converted loft which we struggle to keep cool.  Strange huh?  I always thought that 'normal' body temp was around 37.

Offline ♡ C ♡

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #141 on: 29/07/07, 14:52 »
thanks petlamb its good to know others have a low temp too.  I read around a bit was scared what I would find but did it and normal temp can be between 36.0 and 36.8 in a child so when I read that wasn't too worried as 35.8 wasn't that low then, I had always thought 37. 
Going to have a cooking session for Isabel in a bit was going in teh garden but wind cold and it keeps going cloudy!  going to make quorn bolagnaise for her and cauliflower cheese, tomate pasta sauce and mushroom pasta sauce

Offline petlamb

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #142 on: 29/07/07, 15:01 »
That's good to hear Clare - have always wondered about it.

Go you with the cooking!  B loves quorn bolognese.  We use it in lots of things - shepherds' pie, etc.  His absolute favourite is quorn chilli with couscous and he quite likes it hot too.  Haven't tried E with any yet.  Have any of you used tofu for your little ones yet?  I have a great tofu with parsnip and carrot recipe (if you can call it that, it's so easy).  They love it as it's quite sweet. 

Offline ♡ C ♡

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #143 on: 29/07/07, 15:14 »
no not tried tofo  don't think I've ever tried it myself??  are you vegitarian? if you don't mind me asking?  I've decided to use quorn instead of beef mince for Isabel as well its not got any fat in it and a very low salt content.
here is the link I read about the temp:
http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/articles/article.aspx?articleId=1633 
thinking it coming from NHS i'm not too worried now about her temp

This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityFriends.co.uk or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Offline JLEA

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #144 on: 29/07/07, 15:26 »
The sun is shining here - hooray!!

DH not yet back from the stag do so am very unhappy  ^bigbad^  DD is going away with her dad for a week tomorrow, I am totally dreading it cos she's only been away with him once before, so will be worried sick for a week  :(  I wanted DH home so we can spend some time together before she goes, so he will be getting a rocket when he does arrive  ;D

What pasta are you all using?  I have the little stars by AK, gluten free as not quite 6 months, but unsure what I can try after Wednesday - Alfie hates lumps of any kind, just spits stuff out if its not totally pureed?!

Clare, I've never taken A's temp so no idea what his 'normal' temp would be!  Glad she's ok today though.  Sorry to hear about your uncle.

Loubie, hope you had a good time at the fun day.

Need to get some job applications sorted now, so must dash, back later xx

Offline ♡ C ♡

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #145 on: 29/07/07, 15:44 »
we have AK pasta what i'm going to do is make up sauce and freeze and then cook pasta when using and then whizz it down together, if Isabel doesn't like the lumps.

Offline Loubie101

• VIP Member Sponsor
  • Ben in his shepherd outfit, Christmas 08
modify
« Reply #146 on: 29/07/07, 16:44 »
I use AK pasta too....but today I've bought some fusilli.  I've cooked a small portion and defrosted a cube of cheese sauce, when Ben gets up I'll mix them together and give it to him to see how he gets on with it with his hands :o  If he doesn't like it I'll give him a jar of something instead :) I got some of the mueller jellies today, he can have one after tea :)

The fun day was OK but very busy and a nightmare trying to get round with a pushchair, grrrrr.  It really annoys me when people can see you coming but still don't give you enough room to get past, and then tut when you run over their toes ;D

We're watching the 3rd Harry Potter movie tonight...I was going to try and read all the books again before reading the latest one but I never get chance to read anymore so I'm going to watch the movies instead and then just read the 6th book again (never get chance to go to the pictures!) before reading the new one :)

Have a lovely evening everyone xxx

Offline DiamondDiva

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #147 on: 29/07/07, 17:13 »
HI Everyone,

Amelia -  ^festival^ Hope you had a happy 6 month birthday on Friday  ^festival^

Clare - Hope your cooking day goes well, have never thought of using Quorn, might try it, Sorry to hear about your uncle, is that the one your parents stayed with when they were in Australia?

Loubie - Hope you have a fab day at the football.  Its out 10th wedding anniversary, doesnt seem like we were married 10 years ago, its our tin anniversary so im going to wrap the camera and all the bits in tinfoil  ;D ;D  We always just normally go on holiday at our anniversary time but wanted something different this year as its our 1st big anniversary, still not sure what to do, we're thinking of going away for the weekend to a luxury hotel with Hannah, dont really want to take her anywhere sunny yet.  Im on HP book 5 just now as i wanted to re-read books 5&6 before i got the new one, i love HP.

Jayne - I use the Heinz pasta stars, i imagine they are like the AK ones, i did use large pasta twists the other day and let Hannah feed herself with them, BLW style, i also chopped up some macaroni for her and she loved that too.  Hope your DD has a fab time with her dad, sorry it will be a worrying time for you.

Smurfs - Poor Thomas suffering with all those teeth, hope they are through soon.

Didnt do much today, just went to mass, then to see my mum then to see the MIL, making dinner and dessert just now.

Hope you all are well,

xDebsx

Offline petlamb

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #148 on: 29/07/07, 18:09 »
Clare, we're not vegetarian but we don't like to have a lot of meat.  I hardly eat any meat myself - only chicken occasionally - as I just don't like the taste.  Tofu's horrible on it's own - you have to flavour it.  The recipe for the little ones is just basically steamed or boiled carrot and parsnip whizzed up with a bit of tofu straight from the fridge and with a bit of milk and pure orange juice.  Just another good meat alternative.  Lentils are good too.  Gawd, listen to me, I sound like a veggie queen!

Ta for the link about the temp.

I haven't seen the AK pasta - where do you get it?  You can use soup pasta which is basically just very tiny pasta shapes.  I can never find any in the shops though.  Just the usual pasta that we have is ok after six months though.  You'd obviously have to mash or chop it down quite a bit though.

Do all your little ones like banana?  Benjy always loved it and it's still one of his favourite foods ever but Eddie doesn't seem to like it at all.  He's been sick a couple of times after he's had it too but I think that may have been related to his reflux.

Better go, Eddie's bashing hell out of his highchair tray with his cup!  Went for a late walk today so dinner's a bit late.  Little love never complained though.

Pet x

Offline ♡ C ♡

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #149 on: 29/07/07, 18:46 »
Petlamb I got the AK pasta from Boots they also have peter rabbit one which is rice pasta.  I'm not a massive meat eater I'm the same just not keen on it.  On the banana Isabel likes it but mashed banana doesn't like her gave her an upset stomach but banana flavouring seems OK with her was cauctiuos with that to start but the banana custard pot has been OK

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal