* Author Topic: Winter 2007 - Parents Place To Chat - Part 7  (Read 10545 times)

Offline DiamondDiva

• Gold Member
modify
Re: Winter 2007 - Parents Place To Chat - Part 7
« Reply #80 on: 23/07/07, 20:09 »

I use the bread thats half white and half brown, going to try introducing meat into Hannahs meals this week, she's been having cheese for a few days now and loves it, havent tried her with the Houmous yet, but it tastes a bit garlicy for a baby, we've decided to go out for lunch on wednesday to celebrate Hannahs Half year birthday, going into town as i need to go into work and hand in my Thank-You cards, i should have done it months ago.

Offline ♡ C ♡

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #81 on: 23/07/07, 20:11 »
Clare, I use brown but just plain brown not the ones with seeds or oats that I like  ^idiot^
I was thinking just plain brown sliced bread nothing fancy so should be OK. 

Offline twiggy3

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #82 on: 24/07/07, 08:56 »
hi girls lovely hearing what your babies are eating, is it 6 months you can start meat and bread, pasta etc? i must read some books just not had time.

debs i applied for tax credit ages ago but not heard anything yet, meant to call them yesterday but didnt get round to it will try today.

loubie ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ to your mil wanting to go on holiday with you

well i am working tonight, is my second shift since having babbs is just casual work for an environmental consultancy firm doing odd shift, rougly 1 every week or 2. Wont want to go back to my boring office job ;D ;D

ok better move speak soon

kirsty x

Offline ♡ C ♡

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #83 on: 24/07/07, 09:02 »
yeah Kirsty they can have bread pasta meat cheese etc from 6 months. Isabel had her 1st taste of ready brek today seemed to like it, had run out of her cerial so thought not going to do any harm a day early. 
I would ring about tax credit it when I 1st applied I had to chance it up and they admitted I had got stuck in the system! and then it got moving again once I had rang and they had been alerted to the problem I've just rung them now to do my renewal but now need to ring them again at the end of the week with my new wage!  not sure if that will entitle us to more or not going to have to look at a website see what the cut off points are.

Offline shas

modify
« Reply #84 on: 24/07/07, 19:55 »
Hi ladies and little uns

Well sorry I have been AWOL on here for a while, had neighbour probs and a screaming row with them a week ago.  Basically they have put up a huge dorma (more like a 2nd floor ext!) and to top it all they are just inside they rules for planning.  On top of that their builder smashed a heavy nail gun into a roof (fell off the scaffolding) not to mention the danger of it!!!  ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ ^evil^  So not heard anything from the builder since this happened on the 11th so we have given him 14 days to repair the damage.  If not then its down the legal action route.  We did report it to Health and Safety so they know about it.  I think this got to him as its logged on his business but thats just tough.  We wouldnt have done if he put something up the following day but didnt and what if it hit Liam!!!

Anyway I have been totally stressed by this, myneighbours havent even aploogised and now know I will never speak to them again, not that we got on anyway.  Its an old lady and her son and DIL, its a shame they cant go and buy their own house instead of building monstrosities onto the mothers.  They both drive brand new cars and both work, no kids so why are they there???? Anyway enough said had to offload........

Liam is well and started him on the hipp organic foods, he just loves it.  I also do homemade purees, but its just easier with the jars. 

Loubie I would not like my MIL to come on hols with us, so definitely no to that!!

twiggy hope your job went okay today.

Ally I have boxed Liams stuff and live in hope that a miracle will happen, it sort of keeps the positiveness for me!!! ^fingerscrossed^

Hi to all other ladies and hope little bubbas are well.  Sorry not many personals got to go and bath my little man now.  Will check in later.

Love Sharon xxxx

Offline JLEA

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #85 on: 24/07/07, 20:01 »
Evening All

All we seem to talk about at the moment is food, no wonder I can't stick to my diet  ;D

I've started trying some of the finger foods out on DD  ;D  She loved homemade 'pizza' today, made from ciabatta with tom puree and cheese, I hope to be able to make something for tea that suits them both each day as otherwise I could end up doing 3 seperate meals which will be a nightmare if I ever find another job!

Alfie is sitting up lots more now, but have to watch he doesn't fall, he seems to lean forward lots and then moans as I think he hurts his tummy!  But he still doesn't like to roll over  ^idiot^

Clare, I rang the tax credits to say no longer have a job, we get an extra £2 per month  :o  I can't believe it considering I was on a pretty good salary - its madness!  Hope you're luckier than us  :)

I've had no luck selling Alfie's clothes on ebay, so will probably donate them to the local charity shop, hopefully they'll help someone else out.

Shas, sorry to hear about your neighbours, what a nightmare, I really feel for you  :)

The new Next winter range is sooo cute, but must not spend anymoney til I get another job - it'll kill me  ;D

Hope everyone has had a good day xx

Offline DiamondDiva

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #86 on: 24/07/07, 20:12 »
Hi Everyone,

Loubie - I wouldnt let my MIL come on holiday with us if she'd done what yours had  ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^

Kirsty - What fab weather we have had over the last few days, been out enjoying it, have you?

Clare - Cant beleive our girls are 6 months tomorrow, where has the time gone.

Ally - Have you decided what to do with Amelias clothes yet?

JAyne - I made Mac and Cheese for Ed and i tonight and made miny Mac and Cheese for Hannah with some of the AK cheese sauce, she wolfed it down.  Think im just going to try and adapt what we have for her.
We had Hannah in her pram seat unit today for the 1st time, we've been trying her in it every so often, she's still a wee bit small but she wants to see everything thats going on about her and i dont think she likes being in the carrycot, i put her in the car seat over the last few days but the weather has been fab here and im worried that she'll have too much sun exposure in it, i fitted the Shade-a-Babe to the seat unit too and it seems to fit ok, we have had to turn it to face away from us as the Shade-a-Babe fits better that way.  My SIL told me that my neices told her they had Hannahs babyfood for breakfast the other day when they stayed with ice cubes in it ;D ;D, they had ready brek with some frozen fruit puree, it made me laugh, they dote on Hannah and cant wait till she can go and stay with them overnight.

Hope you all are well,

xdebsx

Offline JLEA

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #87 on: 24/07/07, 20:47 »
Aah Deb, your neices sounds lovely.

Forgot to say, I would not recommend the Britax First Class that we got for Alfie.  Its really awkward rear facing and now having moved it forward facing as Alfie's 20lb its just as awkward, cos its so high and the seat bit is deep for them to sleep, you really have to grab them and scoop them out of the seat whilst making sure you dont bump their head  :o ^idiot^  It seems very comfy and strudy but def not user friendly.

Offline Fluffs

• VIP Member Sponsor
  • If you’re going through hell, keep going
modify
« Reply #88 on: 24/07/07, 21:51 »
Evening all  :)

Just popping in to say hi to everyone quickly - supposed to be helping DH with the christening invites  ???

Jayne, shame you are not getting on with the Britax - I find mine ok although you do have to watch the head doesn't get bumped.  I have only ever had this seat so have got used to it - I thought all seats were the same  ^idiot^  Don't forget, our little ones are not so little now so that will make it more awkward to get them in and out.  A has always been long so I have just got around to it.  Bought a really nice TU sleep suit yesterday in a 9-12mths and MIL said 'it'll be a while before he wears that' but she had to eat her words when I put it on him tonight and he just about fills it  :o  There is a little room to grow but not much  ???

Anyhow, should go and see DH particularly as I nagged him about the invites  :-[  ???  ;D  ;D

Hugs to all

Fluffs xxx

Offline Loubie101

• VIP Member Sponsor
  • Ben in his shepherd outfit, Christmas 08
modify
« Reply #89 on: 25/07/07, 09:00 »
Morning all, sorry I've been AWOL, now it's the summer hols I have to wait my turn for the PC during the day!

Jayne - I read the Britax 1st Class was awkward to get baby in and out of in a few reviews which put us off it.  Also, because we decided to stick with his 0-9 month car seat until he's heavy enough to face forward we decided to look at others and ended up getting a Maxi-Cosi Priori XP.  We've not tried it out yet (so it may not be any easier...!) as he's not quite 9kg yet but we're guessing he will be by the time he's 7 months old (a couple of weeks away). 

I ordered a maxi-cosi pilot play tray for his car seat the other day, so he's got something to entertain him on the way to France.

Fluffs - Hope the christening invites turned out OK.  I'm envious...I loved Ben's Christening, it was so special I want to do it all over again!! LOL re the sleep suit!

Debs - your nieces sound like they love H to bits and vice-versa which is lovely :)  I'm hoping Ben grows up close to his cousins on Matt's side of the family even though they're moving to Germany (tonight!)

Rightio, got to go, it's FIL's wedding today which we're really looking forward to :)  I can't wait to see Ben in his little outfit (it's a shame it's pouring with rain...again ^idiot^ )  It's also a sad day as like I say, BIL & SIL and our 2 nephews are moving abroad today so we won't see them until we're in France - they're going the week before us to the same site so our hols will overlap by a week, FIL, his wife (!) and some other members of DH's family are going too)  And then we'll be seeing them when we go over in October too :)

Hello to everyone I've missed xx

* Search

Free Butterfly PIN

Everyone who donates, gets a free discrete butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

Butterfly Pin

Recent Topics

Amazon top seller!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal