Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Ovarian drilling!

18K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  ELISA1 
#1 ·
Hi everyone!
I had lap and dye + ovarian drilling this June and ever since I had only light period and that was it. I didn't have a period for two months now. I am a bit scared because I didn't want ovarian drilling but they just went ahead and did it during lap and dye. At least before surgery I had regular periods.  :(
I am going on holiday in three weeks and when I come back I am booked for IUI.
I am confused, is ovarian drilling regulates your cycles straight away or is it takes few months? I guess will Have to ring them for Provera!
All the best girls!

Andi

#2 ·
Hi Andi

I too had lap&dye - ovarian drilling - hsg, i had mine 9th july

I had a light period 3days after my surgery which lasted 2-3days, i also detected a positive ovulation at home then i had only brown spotting this month which was on approx cycle day 33 and 14 dpo which works out about right.

ive not had a good few wks as my gyn decided im to start clomid this mth but need provera to bring on a proper bleed i took my last one yesterday so im just waiting but i was in hospital yest as while on the provera ive had terrible cramps so i have to see how it goes    :-\

sorry to hear your upset with the ovarian drilling and regulating periods  :(

are you being checked for ovulation at all?

when did you have your 1st period after your surgery?
(i havent had periods for around 4 yrs until ov dril)

ive not had much feedback on the ovarian drilling but obv every1s different and maybe it does take a while to get your periods back although i have been told at least a light period is a good sign.

as you mention in your post try asking for the provera, my gyn gave it me.

ive noticed alot of woman have been prescribed clomid 1st but i was told by my gyn who is medical director of the hospital too, for woman who have pcos, having the ovarian drilling 1st then to go on clomid soon after have more success i dont know how true this is, ive read on the net also the clomid & ovarian drilling together are good.

ive just noticed you've tried the clomid (sorry to hear is has not worked), wish you well with you IUI  ;) hopefully we will both have some kind of cycle very soon

let me know as havent found many woman who have had ovarian drilling recently

Nicky xx

#3 ·
Hi Nicky! :)

I also had very light period three weeks after lap&dye+ovarian drilling. My surgery was 25.06. Since then I didn't bleed. This is all weird to me because before miscarriage I was regular every month. After, I was kind of regular with a little help from Clomid. And now after this op got no cycles at all and I am diagnosed with PCOS (still learning about it). It just seems it all went wrong for me after that miscarriage (April 2006). When I started taking Clomid I did ovulate(scan and blood test). Since the surgery I did waking temperature and looks like I didn't ovulate.
Rang my gyn yesterday and she said she will prescribe Provera as soon as I decide to start IUI (will start as soon as I come back from holiday), so end of September. She also said that this is normal, every woman is different and it might take some time to have normal cycles after ovarian drilling.
I think you're right about having ovarian drilling before you start Clomid, but I didn't know I had PCOS. I just hope IUI really works.
Thank you for your reply, keep in touch, you can send me PM any time! Fingers crossed will be pregnant by Christmas!  :)

#4 ·
Hi Andi

how are you sweet?

I had a very early miscarriage around april 2006 too (how weird is that) it knocks ur cycles about so having pcos on top makes it worse  ^bigbad^

i think if you ovulated b4 on the clomid and have had the ovdrilling so soon to your planned IUI in sept you should have a good chance with the IUI, im going to be keeping my fingers crossed for you  ^reiki^

when was you dx with with the pcos?

apart from you already trying the clomid cant believe how simular our situations are

hope to keep in touch, will PM you soon if dont mind will be nice

WE WILL GET THROUGH THIS  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Nicky xx

#5 ·
just wanted to give you both a big  ^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^ ...

xxxxx

#6 ·
^hello^

thankyou so much    ^hugme^

xxxx

#7 ·
Nicky-just sent you a PM. :)

Rachel-thank you  ^hugme^

#8 ·
hi, I too had ovarian drilling 31/10/06 and it did nothing for me!
I'm still in the same boat (8yrs)
clomid etc didn't work (for me)
but you never know, fingers crosses

#9 ·
I too had ovarian drilling - in March at my request.
The blood tests I had done after seemed to show I didnt ovulate. I then carried on with the Metformin and Clomid (which then got changed to Tamoxifen).
Somehow I got pregnant and then miscarried at about 9 weeks.

Now on nothing, as the day I went for my first scan was the day I miscarried, they also discovered a large cyst.

Now waiting to have a follow up scan,next week, and a consulation with a new fertility clinic.

Im just a budle of fun eh!!!

#10 ·
matchbox said:
Hi everyone!
I had lap and dye + ovarian drilling this June and ever since I had only light period and that was it. I didn't have a period for two months now. I am a bit scared because I didn't want ovarian drilling but they just went ahead and did it during lap and dye. At least before surgery I had regular periods. :(
I am going on holiday in three weeks and when I come back I am booked for IUI.
I am confused, is ovarian drilling regulates your cycles straight away or is it takes few months? I guess will Have to ring them for Provera!
All the best girls!

Andi

Hi Andi .. I had ovarian drilling that was to stimulate my ovaries... you know basically to kick start(like a car) this was before I had IuI's.
I've got PCO (without the syndrome) and my periods were every month but on different days... u know 23- 29th day.
I hope this works for u hun.
Elisa x ^reiki^ ^reiki^

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.