Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Is there a chance I could be pregnant?

7K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  fran28 
#1 ·
:)  Hi,
            I'm really confused and desparately need some advice.  I have high FSH & on the waiting list for a donor egg with ICSI at Care nottingham (TTC 4years) , on `friday I decided to do a pregnancy test out the blue don't even know why , its always been negative & I've been told so many times I'll never have my own genetic child.  I just wanted to confirm it was negative b4 I went on a hen do.  I Had a day a couple of week ago when I felt sick & my boobs have been sore plus I missed a period.  I really didn't expect it to come out positive so I did it a gain and was gob smacked.  I am so confused as u can imagine I really don't believe it, I can't tell anyone (well a part from DH who is so excited but confused too in case it's all abig mistake) because if I was I'd only be 6wks.  I'm going to make an appointment with our doctor asap.  I really don't know what to think I can't get excited but then I think that its rare for positive results to be wrong but this feeling is nice even if it is a big mistake.  Has this happened to anyone else and could i be pregnant?
moomin
xxx

#2 ·
hello

I can imagine how you must be feeling right now.  Why does it have to be when the GP surgeries are closed!!!!

I have not heard of a false positive on a test, even with high FSH, so........

Let me know what the doc says - I assume you will go there 1st thing on Tuesday morning?  To hear a positive story about a fellow high FSH'er would give me the positive boost I need right now.  Can I ask how high your was?

Hoping with you that this is the miracle we all dream of.

Love Ali xx

#3 ·
Hi Ali,
  Thanks for replying it made me feel quite teary as it's such a horrible feeling when u feel u have no hope then the chance of miracle can change all that.  I think my highest level was 36 on the last blood test in March before that over the last 2 years my lowest was 11 and its fluctuaued to 18.  So as you can imagine the consultants we have spoken to have been very negative. I think I might burst if i am!!!

#4 ·
It would be a miracle but not impossible or unheard of.  Try not to burst....that really would not help  ;D

Here's hoping  ^reiki^

Let me know what happens. 

:-*

#5 ·
Hi moomin, we have a saying on FF. A line is a line!

The only thing that can give you a false positive is if you have had a HCG jab in the last 14 days or so which, I assume, you haven't.
The only other possibility is that if the line is really really faint and appeared after the allotted timescale then it could be an evaporation line (check out www.peeonastick.com for more info on this), but if it is fairly clear and came up pretty quickly then it sounds like you have gone and done it! Miracles have a funny way of happening from time to time and it's always lovely to read when it does happen.

I hope that this is a definite BFP for you. I will keep an eye out for how things work out for you.

C~x

/links

#6 ·
Wow! There's every chance you could be pregnant - because you are!

Tests don't give false positives - if there's enough HCG there to give you a positive it's because an embryo is pumping the stuff out!
And if you're six weeks gone I don't think it's likely to be a chemical pregnancy - someone will be along to confirm or deny that, I'm sure!

Fantastic news!

High FSH and low SC really don't spell the end - it only takes one egg and one sperm.

You could just entertain yourself with loads of tests till Tuesday?

xxx

#8 ·
Well I'm still in a daze and wondering if I am pregnant or not, couldn't get an appointment with our doctor until 5.30 tomorrow, so I called NHS direct who is pretty sure we are. It's just so hard to believe even though I am having some symptoms.  Will let you all know soon.  Thanks for all your very supportive messages.

Moomin xxx

#9 ·
Hello,
        Well i went to our doctors today and he pretty much confirmed that we were pregnant (7 weeks) and has arranged a scan next week.  He told us just to take it easy until we are 12 weeks and over the 1st hurdle.  I really can't believe that  we're pregnant having been told that I had POF and my DH's low sperm count meant we would never have our own child naturally.  Well fingers & toes crossed that everything goes ok.  Feeling very queezy but I don't care I'm going to relish all these little symptoms.

moomin xx

#10 ·
I'm so pleased for you. It just shows that miracles DO happen. My nan had my mum on her 40th birthday, having given up entirely.
It only takes one of each!
^OMGBFP^
xxxxxxxxxx

#11 ·
Congratulations!!  That is such amazingly wonderful news.

^BFP^ ^pompom^ ^storkboy^ ^spin^

Let us know how you get on.  Take care

Love Ali xx

#12 ·
^hello^ there,
                      Well its now been 2 and a half weeks since we had our big suprise (feels like a life time ago)!  On Friday we had our first scan at 8wks 2days ^wings^ we were so nervous before & kept thinking it could still be a big mistake!! It wasn't until she showed us our little bean with its tiny little heart ^BMS^ beat that it became so real.  I think the nurse thought we were nutty wanting a copy of the scan which just showed a little dot, but to us it meant everything. My mum and dad were so chuffed when i showed beans first pic.  Still can't believe it except I must have every symtom of pregnancy going but for once I'm embracing the ailments!!
Moomin xxxx
^fairydust^

#13 ·
Hi Cheeks !

Just reading the thread ' could I be pregant ? ' with wonderment and fascination. I hope you are well and the pregancy is going well by the time you get this message.
Coukld I ask you, were you on HRT when you fell pregant ? Were you on any herbal remedies, wheatgrass, vitamins, any other stuff ?Did you still have regular periods at the time ?
It is encouraging to read that miracles do happens and stats are only stats and doctors ca nbe wrong . I am going ofr egg donor IVF next year, but still haven't given up hope for a miracle to happen, especially after reading  your story  .

best wishes
from Andrea

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.