* Author Topic: Winter 2007 - Parents Place To Chat - Part 9  (Read 12491 times)

0 Members

Offline chillidog

• Gold Member
modify
Re: Winter 2007 - Parents Place To Chat - Part 9
« Reply #110 on: 18/09/07, 06:31 »
Hi all,

So sorry I haven't been on. Sometimes I have loads of time on my hands and then others I dont know where the time has gone!!

Clare - well done Is on the crawling, Lewis is crawling too now! He gets tired quick though and opts for the tummy worm instead!

Loubie - I'm getting my new stroller too!!  I let DH get a motorbike so it was a good negotiation tool.  Mind you, completely different prices, I'm sure I've been done over there!  L goes in his carrier - I didn't buy one till he was nearly 5mths anyway as didn't want one but we go hiking a lot and its great for him.  He's nearly 24lbs now I'm sure so almost at the end of his ones life (25lbs).  DH does it though - I couldn't at that weight!  We are getting the back pack style one soon.

Nu2 - Hope A is fine, I didn't know she was having some tests.  Dont worry about the dog hair - I hoover loads and my dogs dont even come in the house and I still find some in L's poo!!! Yuck!!! 

Ally - Hope you get your point across soon, I'm the same as you, love to watch daddy bathing L but he thinks I interfere too!! I cant believe you've put your heating on already - what's happening over there!  Its cooler here now - nursery was 18 degrees this morning which is a new low and it was 16 degrees for ages outside.  Not putting heating on though - its still 28 degrees in the day!  We are over next month - its going to feel like the Arctic!

Hi to everyone else!!!  Sorry, I've missed loads - update me if I missed anything critical!

L had his casting for his helmet last week.  It was awful and I cried.  I cried to see him so upset and I cried that he is having the the treatment.  I feel so bad but like I'm doing the right thing at the same time.

Loubie - I dont blame you on the sterilisation, my bf had it done at the same time I had my lap & dye (how awful is that!) and she recovered really quick - it was much the same process.  She had her womb lining burnt with a balloon thing which stops most of her periods now too.  You need to be very sure though as its near on impossible to turn things round.

Crabbit - I know what that is too!  I thought it was a Scottish thing.

Well, off to bed in a minute and you lot are just getting up! Take care for now xxxx  Hi to everyone else and sorry if I've missed anything x

Offline ♡ C ♡

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #111 on: 18/09/07, 08:01 »
morning all,
I left the room for a second and came back to find:

Offline Loubie101

• VIP Member Sponsor
  • Ben in his shepherd outfit, Christmas 08
modify
« Reply #112 on: 18/09/07, 09:26 »
Crikey there's lots of ^milestone^ s going on here, well done to all your clever babies!!

Not much to report here...Ben can wave and is still *trying* to crawl but not quite getting there.  He does a very funny impression of humping the carpet though ;D ;D

Does anyone else's LO love 'In the Night Garden'??  (Cbeebies 6:20pm every day)  Ben is mesmerised by it!!  He sits there shouting at the TV, especially when the ninkynonk, igglepiggle and maccapacca are on (apologies if I've got the names wrong!)  I've copied a few episodes on to Sky+ so we've always got some to watch.  The older 2 love it too ;D

I'm at a bit of a loose end today...I was supposed to be taking Ben for his 8 month check up but it's been moved to Friday, so I arranged to go to soft play with my friend but her little boy's poorly so she's not going....I'm thinking of going on the train to Cleethorpes and having a nice bracing walk by the sea - it's chilly here today!  I went out early to hang some washing out and my hands were frozen!  I think I'll have to get Ben some mittens, until then I'll have to hope he keeps his hands inside his BuggySnuggle :)

See you later :)

Offline ♡ C ♡

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #113 on: 18/09/07, 09:55 »
Isabel has since climbed the CD rack!!! this aft we are de cluttering anything that Isabel can get hold of, need to get a corner guard on the TV unit as the CD rack she is climbing is right next to the corner and even thou as soon as I saw her I went to support her I'd never forgive meself if she fell onto the corner. She really has too much going on and exploring to do she won't sleep!  both yesterday aft and this morning she has been rubbing eyes so tired but when put in bed just climbs up!  jsat on the setee to give her a cuddle and within seconds she was fast asleep! so unlike her she never sleeps in our arms but the sudden stop of activity must make her drop off.
Loubie- been thinking about getting the hat and gloves out for Isabel the tights are on today, we are freezing as got back door open in vain hope cat returns.  Can I ask what you didn't like about the M&P buggy?? and did the 5 point harness actually come from the back of the seat or was it just loose?? if you know what I mean.  We were going to look at the <&P factory shop for a new one (still no luck selling luna but thinking about sending it to the nearly new sale in a few weeks) but not sure if we should bother or not now?  was looking at the Ziko as I know last time they had that for £70 so was going to see if they had any more but noticed the harness is like the luna not fixed to the back and its always sliding down Isabels arms and annoying her.
We haven't watched in the night garden may give it a go thou as about 6.20 is when I'm desperatly trying to keep isabel happy till DH gets home at just after 6..30 so it may help.

I'm not up to much at the mo waiting for DH to get home at about 11.30 then we going to IKEA!! scared how much I will spend lol

Offline Loubie101

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #114 on: 18/09/07, 10:45 »
Clare - compared to the Maclaren the M&P was really heavy to push - I don't think it's that much heavier in reality but it didn't 'glide along' like the new one does IYKWIM.  There was no viewing window in the hood, it wouldn't fold with the buggysnuggle in place, one of the wheels kept skidding...I just hated it!

The new one is lovely, it's a dream to push, it's got a viewing window, the pockets on the back of the hood are bigger, it's more padded, it folds with the buggysnuggle in, it's got the tiliting hood (I used it yesterday to keep the rain off him as it wasn't worth putting the rain cover on as we were almost at the station), it's got height adjustable handles, the straps are wider than the M&P one, the basket is easier to get to (but still awkward when it's laid flat).  I really wish now I'd bought this one in the first place, I should have shopped around.  That's the trouble with Grimsby, there's hardly anywhere to buy baby stuff from or to look at it before you buy online, there's only one shop that sells M&P stuff and they didn't have the Pulse in when we went to buy it which is why I ended up getting it from Boots online (who don't sell Maclarens!)

Ben's in bed already, he's really tired today, as soon as he's up we're going to go out while it's sunny (but cold!)

As for the harness, it's a fixed one but there are 2 heights you can have it at for the shoulder straps (like a car seat) so you wouldn't have the problem with the straps slipping.

Offline Fluffs

• VIP Member Sponsor
  • If you’re going through hell, keep going
modify
« Reply #115 on: 18/09/07, 10:56 »
Clare, well done on Is standing  :)  I know what you mean about the sleep thing, A doesn't want to sleep either as there is too much to do!  God knows how I am going to keep him quiet for over an hour in church on Sunday at the christening  :o 

I meant to post this last night but didn;t get around to it:  It's a kind of 'look mummy, I've got a hand free to help you with the dishwasher...!'

Loubie, well done on Ben waving  :)  A won't do that yet, or say 'dada' and despite the mad chewing still only has two teeth!  It went down to 15 degrees in his room last night  :o ??? :-\  I think we are going to have to get the oil filled radiator back out and put it in there - it has a thermostat so if it drops below a certain temp the radiator will come on.  I have a new sleeping bag on order as I only have one warm one that fits now but did buy another earlier in the year which turned out to be 3 tog  ???  It's very big (90cm) but not sure whether to give it a try now or wait until he's a bit older as I read not to try ore than 2.5tog until after 1 year....  :-\

Hello to everyone  ^wave^ 

Chilli, 24lb  :o  That's bigger than A, no wonder I have only used his back pack carrier once  ;D  ;D

Fluffs xxx

Offline DiamondDiva

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #116 on: 18/09/07, 10:59 »
Morning Girls,

Chilli -  ;D ;D At the dogs hair in L's poo.

Loubie - Glad you love your new buggy, do you use your original pram much now?  Hannah loves watching the TV but Ed cant even bare to look at the ITNG ads for the toys, so no chance of Hannah seeing it.

Clare -  ^milestone^ On Is standing up on her own ^milestone^   She's miles ahead of Hannah in what she does.

Ally - Hope you are well.

Fluffs - Love the pic.

Not doing anything today, just trying to get some washing done and dried, am having to dry it inside as its very cold outside and im not sure that it will dry properly.  Does anyone else have loads of spiders in their home?  We seem to be putting them out every day and they are HUGE.  Lucky im not scared of insects.

xDebsx

Offline ♡ C ♡

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #117 on: 18/09/07, 11:01 »
Boots do have the XT just out of stock I looked when it was 10 pts a £1 the other weekend! I really don't want to pay that much but we will see. Kiddicare had the XLR drastily reduced and wanted that quilted seat the lot but I was waiting to hear how much I was getting from my shares and of course all sold out now.  
we going to an out of town place later that has M&P and a huge toys are Us so will try them both there

fluffs Bless A Isabel things she can do that but can't lol just falls over! she can't wave or say dada either!

isabel suddenly does things normally after seeing her friend born the same day who is nearly walking!

Offline Fluffs

• VIP Member Sponsor
  • If you’re going through hell, keep going
modify
« Reply #118 on: 18/09/07, 11:03 »
Yep Debs, loads of spiders and daddy longlegs  >:(  I have started drying my washing inside too - I have a dehumidifier with a 'laundry' setting on it so it sucks the water out and makes it quite quick  ??? ;D

A loves the tv too - but only Clifford the Big Red Dog and Postman Pat!!  He loves his Baby Van Gogh (baby Einstein) DVD the best - the only guaranteed way to keep him still for 20 minutes!  ^evil^  ;D  ;D

Offline Loubie101

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #119 on: 18/09/07, 11:44 »
Clare - sorry, I got mixed up there, it's Mothercare who don't do M&Ps, not Boots who don't do Maclarens!  I didn't want to pay that much either really, but got £45 from selling my other buggy to put towards it, and a £10 off voucher in the Mothercare mag so not too bad really.

Fluffs - love the photo!  I bet he'll be walking soon :)  Good luck for the weekend, hope the weather's better by then, I know the forecast for the next few days isn't too good ^reiki^

Debs - we still use the Jane Slalom Pro loads - it lives in the car so we use it when we go anywhere by car, I use the buggy when I'm home alone and needing to go on the bus or train.  Yep re the spiders/creepy crawlies, our house is full of them much to the cat's delight ;D

Chilli - good to hear from you again, and wow at L crawling !  I've got a horrid feeling Ben may get referred re his mis shaped head when he has his 8 month check up on Friday....it's not just flat at the back, it bulges out at one side too :(

Anyway, must go, grumpybum is awake so I'm going to give him his dinner then we're going out :)

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal