Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Winter 2007 - Parents Place To Chat - Part 14

28K views 404 replies 18 participants last post by  ~ Chux ~ 
#1 ·
New home for all you Winter Mommies (December 2006, January, February, March 2007..........or thereabouts!).

[size=12pt]Winter 2006/07 Babies

[size=12pt]
Shas - 09/12/06 - Liam Gordon Robert - 4lb 10oz - C-section - 6 weeks early

Smurfs - 11/12/06 - Thomas - 8lb 7oz

Honeybun16- 15/12/06 - Jayden - 7lb 2oz - Planned C-section

Mahria - 17/12/06 - Iman - 8lb - natural birth

Blu - 19/12/06 - Charlie Matthew - 8lb 5oz - Ventouse - 3 days early

Fluffs - 20/12/06 - Alexander Thomas - 9lb 11oz - Emergency c-section after failed ventouse

~SUGAR~- 22/12/06 - Lola - 6lb 9oz - Elective C-section

*Loubie*- 11/01/07 - Benjamin William Ypres - 8lb 8oz - Crash c-section - 9 days early

Millers (Cathy) - 14/01/07 - Luke - 6lbs 11oz - Emergency c-section - 3 weeks early

Amee - 19/01/07 - Leela - 7lb 1oz - natural birth - 6 days late

Surfgirl - 24/01/07 - Thomas Leo - 11lb - C-section after failed inducation - 13 days late!!!!

Elemnat (Elaine) - 24/01/07 - Alfie - 6lb 15oz

Clare_w - 25/01/07 - Isabel Mae Wood - 7lb 14oz - Ventouse delivery - 9 days late!

Deb30 - 25/01/07 - Hannah Susanne - 6lbs 15oz - Ventouse delivery - 3 days late

Allysidey - 27/1/07 - Amelia Poppy - 7lb 7oz - Forceps delivery - 9 days late!

Jayne - 01/02/07 - Alfie Thomas - 8lb 4oz - Nice natural birth with just gas & air - induced 4 days early due to mummy's stomach conditions

caz - 01/02/07 - Benjamin - 8lb 7oz

Nu2 - 01/02/07 - Alannah Mary - 5lb 13oz - 36 hrs labour, pethidine, gas & air and epidural with natural delivery

Moodycat - 03/02/07 - Daniel James - 7lb 12oz

Auntietigger (Toni) - 8/02/07 - Alexandria Elizabeth - 7lb - Elective C-section due to Longitudinal breech presentation

twiggy (Kirsty) - 10/02/07 - Caelan Scott Gourlay - 8lb 1/2oz - 57cm long - 14 hr labour, episiotomy, no pain relief

Emlejai1973 - 13/02/07 - Keira Rose - 8lb 8oz - Forceps delivery - 3 days early

Sarahh - 14/02/07 - Millie Abigail - 8lb 8oz - 12 days late

Honey Bunny - 15/2/07 Leon George - 9lb 15oz - Natural delivery - 10 days late, measured 42 weeks at 39 week check up

fudge_06 - 21/02/07 - McKenzie - 7lb 3oz - Natural birth

Lea-Anne (baby whisper) 23/03/07 - Emmie Mae - 7lb 1oz

Gailp - 29/03/07 - Katie Hope - 6lb 15oz

Please shout if anyone wants adding to the list. xx

See less See more
#3 ·
Just been to pick up tickets for the local village panto  ???  No idea what it'll be like but my mum wants to go so we shall see......  DH is not interested so at least A gets a free babysitter for the night  ;D  ;D

#7 ·
Yep its all nappies Fluffs, I'd love to use the nature ones but they made Isabel so sore and still needed Huggies for overnight or she was soaked.

Missed the Boots bargins nothing I like the look at now.  Thought I'd seen a bargin for spud but that was out of stock.

Sorry no personals have read back but brain gone to mush but wanted to send Jayne a hug ^hugme^

#8 ·
Oh no, who ever mentioned nappies has just made me spend over £100 at Sainsbury's - not all on nappies though I may add! ^idiot^  Thought I might as well stock up on dog food and bog roll etc whilst I was there....  And shampoo and conditioner 'cos it was on offer, and shower gel....etc....you get the picture  ;D  ;D  ^idiot^

#9 ·
Hope you guys dont mind but I've been skipping the sales talk as you are all making me jealous!!!

Jayne - huge hugs to you. I'm so sorry that you are feeling this way -my little fella is a bad sleeper too - sleep is the enemy he tells me (well, thats what I think he thinks...). I'm up a bit in the night but I refuse to stay up with him and often bring him in with me. I'd be shattered otherwise. Strange though, sometimes he'll go totally through the night in his cot and then the next night a nightmare. I dont know what's up with him, we'll see when the helmets off. I'm going to get strict on him them and will sacrifice a few nights lost sleep to see if I can fix it. I'm sorry to hear about the funeral and about your friend. Its natural to feel angry with her. My DH's brother accidentally killed himself (drugs) and he feels the same. DH has had councelling for childhood issues too and it was great. I hope it works for you - you are doing the right thing. And I hope Alfie settles soon - if its any consolation, you and I have a lot in common with your night time routine!

L's helmet is off before his birthday because I insisted ;D, well its only 3 days earlier than planned and I thought it was the best gift I could give him!!! I'm getting him this for his birthday and only this as he'll get some other bits at his party and actually, I've asked my family to put money in his CTF as he's got enough new stuff for now.

http://radioflyer.stores.yahoo.net/rafl2vocawa.html

my friend has one and her boy and L sit in it together - how cute!! I can take him for rides to the park etc in this.

Anyhoo I have to get some jobs done tonight so no sitting on the computer (like I have for an hour now!) and off to do ironing.... ^bigbad^

Take care all xxx

/links

#10 ·
morning all.....just a quickie
Jayne-did Alfie manage thru the night at all?  ^hugme^
Fluffs-Im off to sainsburys later, I know what u mean about offers, best to stock up! 

well, L had her first fever last night....it was a horrid nite...I slept on futon with her from 1pm, but didnt get much kip...temp had gone to 39.3....still hot today......but got to go out later as DHs car needs to go garage and we both have to go which is a bummer  :(  trying to get L to drink water but shes not....any advice on what to do would be great as this is first time Ive had to cope wth ths...dont help that Im ill too....just taken a gallon of day nurse!

hope all and babes r well!
x

#11 ·
Aww big hugs Amee, it's horrid when they're poorly isn't it?  Ben's only just got rid of his temperature, he had it for a week.  All i can suggest is alternating calpol or medised with calprofen.  We didn't have a problem with drinks, he drunk more than usual while he was poorly, it's the eating that was (and still is!) a problem....  Hope you both feel better soon ^hugme^

Chilli - hi there, thanks for the PM, I've replied :)  That cart looks really good, you can get a similar Little Tykes one over here :)

I need some help with party food shopping...it's Ben's birthday party on Sunday so we're going shopping tonight for his party food but I can't think of much to get....

So far I'm doing -

Ham sandwiches (cut into little triangles)
Cheese sandwiches ( " " ")
Chunks of cheese
cucumber sticks
carrot sticks
hot cocktail sausages
hot fish fingers (might sound strange for a party but Ben loves them!)

What about quavers and wotsits? Ben's never had them but are they OK for 1 yr olds? (None of his friends are 2 yet)

Oh and I'm doing little fairy cakes with ITNG toppers (isn't Ebay fab?!) but I'm stuck for other ideas for sweet stuff as Ben doesn't really eat cakes or biscuits??

Thanks!!

Got loads to do today - I want to get Ben weighed so we're going into town on the half 2 train, going straight to Clinic (it ends at 3) and then into town.  I'm after a helium balloon with 'Happy 1st Birthday' on it and I've got a couple of things to take back to TK Maxx, and then I'm going to Sainsbury's to start on the shopping (not sure what I'll do with Ben's buggy till DH gets there???).  When we get home I'll be sorting Ben out for bath/bed and then DH is going to pick his cake up, I can't wait to see it!!!!  Will take a piccie and post it later :)

So, I'd best get on and get the rest of the housework done while Ben's in bed, I won't have chance tomorrow as we'll be out most of the day and then there'll be people coming round from 4pm (ish) :):):)

Hope everyone is OK and that the poorly mummies and babies are getting better - Ben's definitely on the mend now, he slept really well again last night, he's just got a snotty nose and no appetite still....

Will catch up properly tonight when Ben's in bed xx

#12 ·
Afternoon

Amee, give her watered down juice or squash or extra milk - any fluid is better than none and if she's ill a bit of extra sugar etc won't hurt (just don't make a habit of it when she's better - I have a child that currently squeals everytime he sees a plastic bottle as I let him drink Lucozade Sport out of one when he was ill  ^idiot^  :-[  ;D  ;D)

Loubie, check out the baby food aisle - Organix do all kinds of 'whatsit' type corn crisps with reduced salt etc in them so better for little ones.  They also have various sweet biscuits and cereal bars.  Or how about Cadbury's chocolate fingers?  Mini rice cakes?  Bread sticks?  Potato wedges?  A fruit platter - halved strawberries, melon cubes, pineapple chunks etc but probably best not to do apple as it might go brown....

Fluffs xxx

#13 ·
Afternoon all I'm off work with a dodgy tummy now touch wood not too bad yet and no one else has got it off me well not sure if it is a bug or pregnancy related as for so long I feel fine then go down hill for a bit feeling very sick and runs (sorry ^tmi^ ) then I'm fine again but off work just in case and they told me to stay off tomorrow too.

Loubie at the party we went too they had ham cheese and tuna sandwichs, mini sausages and mini pizza plus Wotsits which I only let Isabel have one of. I would agree with Fluffs Boots were doing the Heinz teddy bear biscuits 2 packs which had 4 little ones in for £1 not sure if it is still on.  how about bread sticks?

amee- sorry to hear L is ill, hope you have managed to bring her temp down a bit.  Seems like a lot of us are ill with different things at the moment.

#14 ·
Clare - Hope you feel better soon.

Loubie - At the 1st birthday party we went to they had sandwiches, sausage rolls, cheesy rolls, salad bowls with coleslaw, various mixed pastas, cold meats, top hats, mini cup cakes, potato salad, bread and butter, tortilla chips, crisps and dips, ice cream and jelly and sweets that turn your mouth blue, there were quite a few adults at this party too and some older kids but there was loads of food and loads left too, Best of luck.

Amee - How is L now?  Has she managed to drink any water?  How is her temp?

Chilli - Love the wagon.

We went to Tesco today to get the party bag toys for H's party, cant remember if i mentioned that we are just having it in the house now as Ed will take the dogs over to the PIL's for a few hours while the party is going on, it was the easiest option and i really wanted to have some party pics and video to show H later on, we spent a fortune, she's worth  ;D ;D  think we might have bought too much to fit in the party bags.  Im going to attempt to make a castle cake for the party, adventurous i know but it looks simple enough to do from the various pics ive seen of them, im going to do a practice cake next week.

xdebsx

#15 ·
Wow, you lot are being very adventurous with all this birthday stuff  :)  I feel really bad now as A is always going to suffer a little with 'Christmas' pressure I suspect i.e. me not having time to make a big fancy cake or not being able to book anywhere for a party because everyone is having Christmas ones instead  :-[ :-\ ^idiot^  It didn't help that DH forgot to get the camera out when A was trying to blow out his candle either  :-[

Clare, hope you are feeling better soon  ^hugme^  I still don't feel completely right - queasy after eating and very tired and grumbly tummy (but not tmi runny!)  Not sure if it's because I have still been taking the met despite not eating much but think it's still also a bit of this non-descript bug  :-\  Have a friend coming over later too so not going to get an early night either....

Hope everyone is well.  Can't stop as water seems to have gone off so off to check again and call water people if it's still not back.....

Fluffs xxx

#16 ·
Hi Girls

Well I have been to the metro centre all day, from 10am til 4pm  :eek: my feet are killing!  Amelia was an angel too, we had lunch in costa and I also got some bargains.  Got some shoo shoes in the sale for £4 navy blue with white flowers and also got her measured at clarks she is 2 1/2 G so quite wide apparently!  Managed to get a pair of crawling shoes for £10, they are purple with pink flowers on so pleased with those.  Then got a wooden poppy and hugo doll shoue from elc for £10 reduced from £20 for her birthday.  SHe loves her wooden noahs ark so couldnt resist.  I also got her an outfit to wear on her birthday from m&s its denim dungarees but shorts with red top and white polka dots with matching red tights thought it more appropriate for soft play.  I got some slides for her from accessorise and tried one in her hair and she looks much girlier  :) and got a silver handbag for me for £6 and necklas for £2!  It's my work xmas party on Sunday night (we always have it in Jan) so wearing a black dress with my new purchases.  Ooh I also got 2 white frames with pink/blue gingham insert for £2 so got one for Amelias room and one for flashes room.

SOrry for no personals just wanted to tell you about my bargains  ;D

Actually me and DH had a HUGE row last night and he slept on the sofa was really angry with him it was all over asking him to put the big pushchair in my car!  We are speaking now but I wont even tell you some of the things he said as he was really nasty but did apologise afterwards. 

Got to get A ready for bed soon, will try to come back on later.

Ally
x

#17 ·
Hi just a quickie as I need to get tea on in a mo as DH has gone to pick up the cake!!

I got all the party stuff today, spent a fortune ^idiot^  Fresh pineapple and strawberries cost a fortune this time of year, it cost £6 just for them!!  Next year he can have his party at the Wacky LOL

I got a bargain in M&S...some jeans for Ben for £2!!  They're trendy ones too :)  I also got him a couple of extra presents for tomorrow (couldn't resist).

I was a bot disappointed about Clinic...as he's 1 tomorrow they told me I didn't need to strip him down to his nappy like you do for babies so he got weighed in clothes (and a squidgy nappy) and as a result weighed 3lb more than he did 4 weeks ago which puts him on the 91st centile??  I should have insisted he was weighed in his nappy (which would have been a clean one as I didn't change him before I went out thinking it would be done within the hour at clinic) so it was a like for like measurement :(  I'm not going to clinic any more now, or not very often anyway...he's been once a month since he was born, he can wait till his development checks now unless I happen to be passing at clinic time.

Right must get tea on, will be back later with cake piccie!!

#18 ·
Here's his cake(s)!!

It looks like 1 cake but it's 2 separate ones, 1 for tomorrow and 1 for his party on Sunday (she even provided an extra smaller cake board for when we've got just the one cake left!)

I really like it/them! I've got a set of candles (well, 2 sets!) that have a number 1 candle and then 2 star ones too to put on just before we light them :) :) :)

Right, I'm off to wrap the new pressies I bought him today!

#19 ·
Loubie - LOVE the cake and looks fab how she's split them in 2, I'm jealous can't imagine my effort looking that good  ;D

#20 ·
love the cake will be shop bourght cake here

Great bargins Ally  did well being out all day i'd be on the floor.

Horray Boots order turned up today but talk about over packaged each item in its own big box then stuffed with brown paper.
I feel fine now but off work tomorrow manager told me to stay off so wonder if m/s is giving me a didgy tummy we will see how I go on
oh and I most defiantly have a walking baby she can do the full length of the room now

#21 ·
Clare - hope you feel better soon, enjoy the extra time off work!  I'm surprised DH agreed us having a cake made, he's normally really careful with money (good job one of us is LOL) but I think it's because we can't find any shop bought ITNG cakes and he knows how much Ben loves it :)  My Boots order came today but only 1 box of it??  It said on the dispatch e-mail that it will be in 2 boxes yet only 1 box came and it said box 1 of 1, not 1 of 2 on it??  I'll have to wait and see if the other half turns up....

Ally - I wish I could even attempt to make a cake, I'm sure yours will look lovely and will be more special with you doing it yourself!!  By the way, the thing that arrived today from Boots was the waterfall cot toy, it's fab, Ben loves it and it's MUCH quieter than his old one!! Thank God!  Well done on the bargains and even more well done on lasting all day - I'm pooped and have only been out since 2pm!!

I'm off to watch Waterloo Road...thank heavens for Sky+ eh?!  Will be back tomorrow night no doubts with pics :)

#22 ·
Loubie - SNAP, I got my delivery from boots today but my fisher price cot thing was missing and on the delivery note it said box 1 of 1, checked my order on line and it says 2 amtrak consignment numbers so hopeing the 2nd will come tomorrow, maybe check your amtrak numbers?  Glad you got yours claire.

Written the party invites out and booked the table finally at the soft play, is only 3.50 per head for cold buffet plus paying for the kids which is 50p for under ones abd about £4 for the overs and theres only 4 over 1 so total will be around £50 plus whatever we spend on the cake, party bags and balloons etc  :)

#23 ·
Ally - I've just checked and it says it's at the Birmingham depot??  That's miles and miles away from us - the other parcel came from the Doncaster depot which is much nearer?!  Strange....if it doesn't arrive in a couple of days I'll ring Boots but I'll be cross if it doesn't arrive as I won't get the benefit of the £10 off then ^bigbad^

That's a bargain price you've got for the party at soft play, they're all around £7.50 per head around here!!

So much for watching Waterloo Road, I'm still sat here ;D ;D

#25 ·
Loubie - The cake is fab, theres no way my home made cake will ever look that good.  

Ally - The bargians sound great, check your order like Loubie and see whats happening with it.  The price for softplay is fab, we were £5 for sandwiches and £6 for the hot meal per child.

Clare - I know what you mean about the packaging, we got a huge box filled with brown paper for only a few things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.