* Author Topic: A New Chat Thread for Twin Mummies bringing up lone twins  (Read 51884 times)

0 Members

Offline CM01

• Miracles can happen
  • VIP Member Sponsor
Hi Kate,

Just wanted to say Happy Birthday to your boys! ^hugme^  I released a balloon for Eddie on Saturday and said a prayer for them both.  What a difficult day yesterday must have been for you.

I'm really conscious of how unfair it will be if Josh is made to live in Alex's shadow as he's growing up; I don't know how to make birthdays a solely happy event ???

xx Clare

Offline Janis18

• VIP Member Sponsor
  • ARGC
I'm gatecrashing to say Happy Birthday to Kates boys,
I'm sure Jacob had a fab time and lots of lovely presents, and I hope the day passed OK for you and your DH
XXXX

Offline AggieJ

• Gold Member
Clare - thank you  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ and a huge  :-* and  ^hugme^ for your beautiful boys. Am going to be leaving FF for a while but you'll all be in my thoughts next month and will send a wee message to your little Alex. The birthdays are so hard, I guess we need to take our boys lead to some extent... think we'll celebrate Eddie's day the day before so that Jacob's birthday is more about him (in his eyes anyway, to DH and myself maybe not  :-\ :'(). Thank you so much for your support hun, you're a star xxx

Janis - thank you for your message, it means a lot xxx

Offline CM01

• Miracles can happen
  • VIP Member Sponsor
Good decision Kate - I had a similar break last year after I couldn't stop torturing myself reading the twin board ^idiot^   
Always here for you ^hugme^

Offline Hugs

• WILL ALWAYS BE A TWIN MUMMY
  • VIP Member Sponsor
  • Please let this happen
Hello,

Can i join you lovley ladies ?

I still read the twin boards too and think what could have been, i make myself worse when reding them  :'(

anyway hope i can join you

Denise
xx

Offline CM01

• Miracles can happen
  • VIP Member Sponsor
Hi Denise :)

If Kate's taking a break from FF, it might be just you and me for a bit :)  Although I know that sadly there are a few of us bringing up surviving twins, so maybe they'll find us here soon :)

How are you doing? 

xx Clare

Offline Hugs

• VIP Member Sponsor
  • Please let this happen
Hi Denise :)

If Kate's taking a break from FF, it might be just you and me for a bit :)  Although I know that sadly there are a few of us bringing up surviving twins, so maybe they'll find us here soon :)

How are you doing? 

xx Clare

Hi Clare,

I read back and saw that Kate is take a break. Is she OK ?

I'm fine thanks. How are you ? and the kids ?

we are just back from our flu jag and Aimee was amazing, not a peep out of her, i think she is immune to pain now  :)

Aimee is being a we mandam just now and driving me up the wall  :) i think she is just going through a naughty phase

Right she is starting so best go and try and feed her

Love
Denise
xx

Offline CM01

• Miracles can happen
  • VIP Member Sponsor
;D I bet she keeps you on your toes! ;D  I know what you mean about being immune to pain; Josh has tiny little white scars all over his hands and feet from all the lines they put in, in SCBU.  He's never cried at any of his injections and isn't at all fazed by going into hospital. 

I think Kate's as fine as any of us can ever be - just taking a break from FF for a bit ;)

We're doing ok, here, although I still have my ups and downs.  Not enjoying the run up to the boys' birthdays, and subsequently the anniversary of Alex's death - I guess it will always be hard :(

xx Clare

Offline Hugs

• VIP Member Sponsor
  • Please let this happen
;D I bet she keeps you on your toes! ;D  I know what you mean about being immune to pain; Josh has tiny little white scars all over his hands and feet from all the lines they put in, in SCBU.  He's never cried at any of his injections and isn't at all fazed by going into hospital. 

I think Kate's as fine as any of us can ever be - just taking a break from FF for a bit ;)

We're doing ok, here, although I still have my ups and downs.  Not enjoying the run up to the boys' birthdays, and subsequently the anniversary of Alex's death - I guess it will always be hard :(

xx Clare

Clare - Aimee's hands and feet are the exact same and she even has burn marks on her ankle and hand but hopefully the will fade as time goes on. Aimee has been such a good girl but just now she is being a madam and pushing my hand away when I'm trying to feed her  ^bigbad^ and just wanting picked up and attention every second which is not like her but I'm pretty sure its just a phase.

We survived the 1st birthday of the twins but i think cause they were born on different dates it made it a bit easier on Aimee's day (if you know what i mean) but i think about Daniel 24/7 and wonder what he would have been like. Some times certain things i see or smell remind me of his birth but i guess as time goes on I'm learning to deal with it although i will never forget my baby Daniel and i know how lucky i am to have princess Aimee who i know Daniel lives in  her too.

Are you going to do anything special on the boys special day's

Hows are your girls ? what weight the up to now ? Is josh a petite ? Aimee is doing great weight wise and the hospital are even surprised because of how sick she was and how early.

This time last year Aimee has her heart surgery and a year ago tomorrow we were told she would not live the night. Its scary how i remember every date or event so clearly.

Love
Denise
xx

Offline CM01

• Miracles can happen
  • VIP Member Sponsor
Hiya :)

I have to say I actively try not to focus on the memories of particular days - I just don't want to get hung up on certain dates :(  Obviously birthdays are different ::)   I honestly don't know what we're doing for the boys' birthday this year; maybe it's a good sign that I haven't been thinking much about it.  My dad has been diagnosed with very advanced cancer so he's taking a lot of my focus (and tears ::) ) away from everything else :'( 

No, Josh isn't really petite ::)  I don't know what he weighs now, but by his first birthday he was 'normal' for his actual age, and now you'd never know he was prem.  He has just been discharged from the physio who says he is actually ahead of the average now :)  I'm so proud of him :)  He still has a hole in his heart, but they expect that to close by the time he's five ^fingerscrossed^  and his head shape is pretty bad (he had flat head and we decided not to pursue treatment, so it's pretty wonky ::) ;D ) but he is, of course, perfect! ;D

Sorry Aimee is being trying, but isn't it great when you see how 'normal' they are?! ^idiot^ ;D 

Best give them all breakfast...

xx Clare

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal