* Author Topic: Party Bags  (Read 635 times)

0 Members

Offline AngelMoon

• Gold Member
modify
Party Bags
« on: 29/01/08, 22:38 »
My DD is being christened on Sunday and I've made up party bags for the children. I just thought it would be something to amuse them, as we have no games for older kids (ages range from 10 days old to 13!).

I've done the ones for the older children but stuck as to what I can put in for two 13 month old boys & two 9 month old girls?! ???

Was thinking I could put in some yogurt covered raisins for them but what sort of toys? Need to be cheap and small but nothing they can choke on of course!

Any ideas would be welcome & appreciated please :-*

x

Offline keemjay

• happy mummy at last
  • VIP Member Sponsor
modify
Re: Party Bags
« Reply #1 on: 29/01/08, 23:11 »
a small board book?
those little (but not too little) farm/junglr animals from ELC
chunky crayons?

kj x

Offline professor waffle

• lucky to be alive
  • VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #2 on: 30/01/08, 15:19 »
bubbles?

I also googled party bag fillers & found a few sites which might be worth a look, some of it's plastic & naff but I found these?

http://www.partydelights.co.uk/toys/wooden_toys.asp

This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityFriends.co.uk or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Offline Baxy

• Gold Member
  • My girls x
modify
« Reply #3 on: 30/01/08, 15:22 »
I was going to say bubbles too, at Megs Christening I got 5 bottles at Tesco that look like ice cream cones. 79p each and they were the hit of the party! Got through the whole lot one way or another!!

Offline Janis18

• VIP Member Sponsor
  • ARGC
modify
« Reply #4 on: 30/01/08, 16:05 »
My girls got some foam bath animals at their first party (when about 4 motnhs old) and they are still playing with them!

Offline Fluffs

• VIP Member Sponsor
  • If you’re going through hell, keep going
modify
« Reply #5 on: 30/01/08, 16:10 »
Wind up bath toys (Morissons/Tesco) or little chunky toy cars (Sainsbury's £1.99 I think...)  Bubbles are a good idea too.  My SIL bought bright coloured fun baby bibs for the party bags at my niece's 1st birthday.  A also got board book and a snow globe in his Xmas stocking so these might work in party bags too....oh and some slipper socks!  :)

Offline AngelMoon

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #6 on: 30/01/08, 16:36 »
Thanks so much ladies, all great suggestions! Will hit the shops on Friday ^hugme^

PW - That's the site where I got the older kids toys from, they are really good! Highly recommended ladies :)

Thanks again girls :-*

x

Offline AngelMoon

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #7 on: 1/02/08, 15:32 »
I got the stuff for my party bags this afternoon from Asda!

For the babies, I bought a plastic toy car (£2 for 3!), bubbles (mum can do it for them) and a Cow & Gate yogurt as too little for sweets! Also bought some yo yo's, rubber balls & crayons to put in rest of the bags.

So I'm all done now, thanks again ladies for the ideas ;) :-*

x

Offline Banana Girl

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #8 on: 19/02/08, 22:21 »
I know you're done Angel but in case anyone else is reading...
We bought little board books from Woolworths.
And stickers were a gREAT hit -you can get packs from pound shops.

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal