* Author Topic: NHS FUNDED IVF HOW LONG IS THE WAITING LIST IN ESSEX???  (Read 7510 times)

0 Members

Offline letitbe

Does anyone happen to know how long the wait is for PCT funded IVF, I am only on my second cycle of IUI but did spend 9 months on Clomid. So I still have this try (I'm on my 2ww, 4 days in) and another try if this fails and then will be referred for IVF, all very negative thinking I know but just wondered how long I will be planning on waiting if the IUI fails.  Thanks for listening ladies xx ^idiot^

Offline lilo

Hi,

I am from Essex and went through PCT funded Clomid and IUI. I was lucky enough to fall pregnant on my third and final attempt at IUI. However when I originally enquired about waiting lists for IUI (while still on clomid) I was told the waiting list was 12/18 months for IVF and they wouldn't put me on it until I needed it.

What clinic are you at?

X

Offline letitbe

Hi Lilo

Thank you for your reply, great news for you guys, well done. Thats a real boost to me today.  I am under Brentwood Nuffield.  I am on day 5 of 2ww second attempt of IUI, so I have this time and one more shot then will be looking at the next stage. Oh I hope, like you, it doesn't come to that but just getting organised in my head and edging my bets!

Take care and thank you so much sorry it took a while for me to respond.

Best wishes Nik x

Offline zoie

• Gold Member
  • Have a beautiful girl xx
hi all
a friend of mine has just had ivf at barts after being transferred by dr haloob and he told her at the time it was a years wait this was just a couple of months ago she was told this but cause of her age she was fast tracked and only had to wait 6 months
im on my 3rd and last iui so also have been wondering about what happens next
got told to make a apointment with bas hospital and then they will sort out if you are entittled to ivf on the nhs.
good luck everyone ^hugme^

Offline lilo

Hi Letitbe,

I too was at the Brentwood Nuffield so am keeping everything crossed that the same thing happens to you as it did for me.

x

Offline lilacbunnykins

• on holiday in spain
after a lot of messing about at basildon hospital(they forgot to send of our paperwork to barts,then when i phoned and enquired was then sent a letter saying we was not entitled to one free go,appealed against this and recived a letter in september 2007 to say we would now be entitled to one free go and mr haloob at basildon was to refer us...forward to jan 2008) and not hearing anything yet again phoned basildon to be told secretary was not aware of mr hallob having to refer me grrr,some 3 weeks later got an appointment from st barts to go on 20th feb,duly arrived had tests and after having a polps removed which should be next month i will be strating treatment probapril time..oh when i 1st applied for funding i was 39!!!im now 41!!! because of all therevmessups...so all in all from time of being told yes we could have it was about 3 month wait...

Offline zozo

• Gold Member
  • Please blow me some bubbles xxx
Hi,

Ive just paid private for 1st ICSI which failed now gonna go through NHS for 2nd will this take long?

p.s anyone else at Nuffield clinic?

Zoe xx

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal