* Author Topic: Silverglitter79's 4th ICSI Tx (KCH - NHS) with Immune Tx - BFP! Scan Pic Inc.  (Read 14269 times)

0 Members

Offline silverglitter79

• Gold Member
  • My dream of having twins has finally come true!
17wk 3d Pregnant

Hello all!!!

Just back from appointment from hospital.

Alls well. Got to hear the heart beats of my 2 lovelies again;so reassuring. Just waiting for 20 week scan now and hoping to get to know the sex of our babies  ;).

The dr was puzzled as to why this appointment was booked for me as the clinic was for fertility/reproductive issues only i.e for pregnant ladies with fibroids, bicornate uterus etc. Since i do not have any of these or any problems, she clueless as to why and who booked the appointment. I think it was my midwife who because i had IVF, thought i had to be seen at this clinic. Oh well, done now and at least i got to hear babies heartbeat.

I asked the dr about the clexane i am on. I sort of questioned why i am and should still be on it until 32 weeks when i do not have any clotting problems. The lovely Dr called the consultatnt as she was the IVF expert and she told me that there is no reason why i should be on it still as i do not have anything to suggest that i should be having it. She said, it may be beneficial during the implantation process but as i am further on than that then no need really. She advised me to slowly wean off the clexane and then stop all together.

The other Dr then checked my past blood results to check my platelets as apparently if on Clexane, platelet levels usually go down. I was given another blood form to check FBC and clotting screen. I have to ring my midwife for the results tomorrow (if i don't forget!).

So far the pregnancy has been plain sailing.Touch wood, no problems so far. I hope it stays this way. And that we get to see the babies again at 20 weeks healthy and kicking!

That's all from me for now. I'll be back again soon to report on my 20 week scan.

Silverglitter79 x

Offline silverglitter79

• Gold Member
20wk 2d Pregnant

Hi all! It's been a while. Just to note down my 20 week scan (anomaly scan).

Everything is fine with the twins, no obvious fetal abnormalities - Twin 2 though has hydronephrosis on the right side (kidney) - mild dilatation. I still need to look up what this is but i think they said there is some fluid on the right side tube of the kidney (probably wrong).

My cervical length is long at 31 mm but have funnelling of the cervix and i apparently have placenta praevia totalis with more than 2 cm overlapping. So need to be scanned again in 2 weeks time and to see the dr's again.

Praying that the placenta moves away from the bottom. And that Twin 2's condition improves which is possible apparently. I still need to read up on funnelling of the cervix; but was told that i am at high risk of prem labour - good thing that the length of my cervix is long.

It was lovely to see the twins today though. What an experience! They were hugging at 1 point then it looked like they were fighting. Typical boys! Oh did i just tell you the gender's of our babies? We are having  ^blueted^ ^blueted^!

I didn't get decent enough pix to post as the twins were both so active; so it was difficult to take a pix of them but i've got one with their heads together as if they were kissing!

Here it is!

Ok, till next post - which will probbaly be in 2 weeks time after my next scan.

Silverglitter79 x

Offline silverglitter79

• Gold Member
22wk 2d Pregnant

Hello all!!! Just like i promised - i am back to update my diary after my 22 week scan.

Had the scan today; i went with my mum as DH couldn't get time off. Anyway, the scan took 1 hr 30 minutes!!! My back was so sore by the end of it. This included the internal scan to check the placenta and cervix.

Anyhow, everything seemed fine - the doctors were happy with the babies progress; both growing nicely and are both over 1 lb each. They checked twin 2's kidney again and everything seemed fine - so no problem with him anymore. Placenta for Twin 1 is still low lying so they are still keeping an eye on that and am booked again for another scan in 2 weeks time - although Dr's don't want to see me until 4 weeks time. Fine with me - although the scans can get really tiring (and a bit boring as i have to lay there for more than an hour) - i get to see my babies more often and gives me the piece of mind that they are both ok.  ^reiki^

Previous issue with my cervix is now no more as it is now (apparently) long and closed measuring at 33 mm. So a bit of relief there. They will still be monitoring this though as carrying twins.

Oh and they checked the gender of my babies again and definitely  ^blueted^ ^blueted^!

Thats my news to date. I will be back again after my next scan or after my next midwife appointment.

Thanks to all of you who have been following my diary!!!  ^fairydust^ to all!!!

I will be back soon to post scan pix of both babies.

Silverglitter79 xxx

Offline silverglitter79

• Gold Member
Here are the promised pix of our 2 boys!

Silverglitter79 x

Offline silverglitter79

• Gold Member
23wk 6d pregnant

Just a quick update from me. Had my 24 week midwife appointment today. Got another chance to listen to my babies heartbeat - everything seems good. Got my MATB1 certificate so will hand that in to HR later on in the week. Still haven't decided on when to start my maternity leave.

I have another scan on Wednesday - so will be back with another update and maybe more scan piccies!

Silverglitter79 xxx

Offline silverglitter79

• Gold Member
24 weeks pregnant

Hi all! Just to report back on my 24 week scan. Everything is ok with my  ^blueted^ ^blueted^. All measurements are within range. My babies are so active and just wouldn't stay still for the scan. Looks like i am having really active babies. Now i do have my work cut out for me!

Twin 1 is now 1 lb and 7 ozs
Twin 2 is now 1 lb and 8 ozs

My placenta apparently is still low lying and they don't expect it to move in the next few weeks anyway so will just re-check this and cervix at the 28 week scan.

My next scan is in 4 weeks time - a day before my birthday, so that should be a treat in itself!

Dr's appointment in 2 weeks time and midwife's appointment in around 4 weeks time aswell.

That's all from me for now! Hope you are all good!!!

Silverglitter79 xxx

Offline silverglitter79

• Gold Member
26 weeks Pregnant

Hello all! Just to log my 26 week Dr's appointment. Nothing too exciting. She did the normal examining the bump then we listened to the heartbeats. All is well. Both bubs have been very active lately and i am feeling them alot now which is reassuing as always.

I complained to the Dr's about pains in my hands in the early mornings and she said most probably carpal tunnel syndrome which is common in pregnancy. She rung the on-call physio therapist and luckily she was happy to see me. She went through what it was and what i can do do ease the pain. She also gave me some splints that i have to wear at night to avoid me bending my habds from the wrists. So a bit happy with that and hopefully i can get a full 8 hours sleep now!

I have also been getting alot of pain near my left rib, but not the rib itself. I think its the skin stretching/pulling. The Dr didn't advise me what to do to ease the pain and said to take something for indigestion???? weird?! I just left it and will just continue wearing the support tummy band i got from mothercare lastnight as i think the pains are due to the fact that my tummy is getting a bit heavy now and is pulling my skin, so just needs a bit of support.

I have booked my maternity leave!!! It will officially start on 1st December but as i have 3 weeks of annual leave to take before i go, i finish work on the 6th of November  ^clapping^. So happy as i don't think i can carry in anymore! Tummy is getting heavy and i am getting tired really quickly now.

I am going to the baby show on Saturday. Anyone else going? I think it will be a good day out to test all the baby gadgets out there and also to gets some bargains and.....freebies!!!!

Ohhh...and i've booked my 3D/4D scan!!! I am so excited! I know it's a bit of a luxury since we are expecting twins and twins are expensive, but i know i will regret it later on if i don't go ahead with it. It is my 30th the day before the scan and also we will be celebrating our 5th year wedding anniversary on the day of the scan, so will i will be treating this as my birthday prezzie to myself. I may never get the chance again so i am just going to bite the bullet and go for it! I will post pix here for sure!

That's it from me i think! Quite a long post today, as i haven't updated my diary for 2 weeks now. I will be back in 2 weeks to report on my midwife's appointment, my NHS 28 week scan and my private 3D/4D scan...ohhh, exciting!!!

Silverglitter79 xxx

Offline silverglitter79

• Gold Member
27 wk 6d pg

Hi all.

Not much to report other than I had my 28 week appointment with the midwife yesterday. Got to hear the babies heartbeats again. Their heartbeats are really loud and strong now; such a joy to hear. The midwife said i have 2 happy babies in there.

I have also sent off my pregnancy grant form and looking forward to receiving my 190 from the government  ;D. Shame i don't get a bit extra for the twins  ;)

That's all really. I have a scan tomorrow - so will come back on and report again. I am off from tomorrow until Friday so my weekend starts tomorrow!!! wohooo!!!!! Then it's 1 more week at work and that's it - start of my long leave! Yippppeee!!!! My maternity leave officially starts 1st December, but because i havce 3 weeks worth of annual leave to take i am off alot earlier. don't know what i am going to do; but i'm sure i'll think of something!!! ;)

Back tomorrow!!!

Till then!

Silverglitter79 xxx

Offline silverglitter79

• Gold Member
28 weeks Pregnant

Hello again.

Just to report on todays scan. Got to my appointment bang on time and was seen straight away. The computers were down so they had to do print all of the scans and write the measurements manually on a piece of paper.

All is fine. Twin 2 still has mild unilateral hydronephritis (fluid in one of the kidney tubes) which was identified at our 20 week scan. The dr said it wasn't a concern for worry as the measurement was still withing the limits; but obviously near the upper limit. If it went over then he would've referred me to the Fetal Medicine Unit; but he said it was fine, so i will take his word for it.

Weights of babies @ 28 weeks are:
Twin 1 - 2 lbs 10 ozs
Twin 2 - 2 lbs 8 ozs

I had an internal scan  :o again to check the cervix and placenta of twin 1 which has always been low lying (Placenta Praevia Totalis the last time they checked) and all seem to be fine. Cervix is closed and long at 26 mm; so Dr's were happy with that. Placenta is still low lying but is slowly moving to one side and is not totalis anymore  ^clapping^.

The computers were back up and running just after the internal scan so they had just enough time to enter all of the data on the computer so went away with a computerised report.

I had to have by bloods taken as i got a blood form in the post this morning to say that my hemoglobin levels came back low - so they want to check my ferritin levels now to see whether i need iron tablets. Ohh...i hope not as thee last time i had them - i got really bad constipation (sorry TMI!)

My hands are playing up again - i am going to put my splints on after this post.

That's all. It's my 30th birthday tomorrow so have friends coming round to celebrate with me. Then have a 3D/4D scan on Friday - so excited!!!!

I will come back and report on that later on in the week.

Till then!

Silverglitter79 xxx

They don't want to scan me again until 4 weeks time in which i will be 32 weeks pregnant.

Offline silverglitter79

• Gold Member
29 wks 2d pg

I said i would come back and update this after our 3D scan, but have been really busy with my birthday and then back at work. I'm not quite sure if i've mentioned on here that i was suppose to finish work today, but i have extended my stay at work for another 2 weeks as i can still cope and i will just get so bored at home.

Well we had our 3D scan on our wedding anniversary and what a nice present that was! I would definitely recommend it to all pregnant women. We have got a DVD with 23 minutes worth of babies movement, a CD with our babies pictures and 3 large pictures of our choice.

Twin 2 was definitely the star of the show as he was always facing the camera, so we have really good pictures of him. Twin 1 however always had his back to us and so i had to get up twice and walk around in the hope that the baby would turn. Luckily he did after the 2nd walk about and a cup of hot chocolate with 2 sugars! So have pictures of him aswell. I will come back and post them later on.

The babies weight as of 30/10/2009 was:
Twin 1: 2 lb 10 oz
Twin 2: 2 lb 12 oz

So, in 2 days they put on 2 oz each, so am happy with that. They are both of normal weight as if they were singletons, so as you can imagine i am quite big for a 29 week pregnant woman!

I have an appointment next Wednesday with the Dr's and another scan 2 weeks after that and hopefully we can discuss how i will deliver the babies. Hopefully i can deliver then vaginally if the placenta of Twin 1 behaves and moves away from the birth canal. It is still low lying but not covering totalis anymore. Fingers crossed it keeps moving away (up).

I am already booked for our parenting class (for twins) and booked for breastfeeding classes aswell. Looking forward to that.

I will collect the buggie, car seats and cots at the end of this month. So will have to tidy our room again.

Thats it for now. Will be back soon!!!

Silverglitter79 xxx

* Search

Recent Topics

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal