* Author Topic: PCO/S Girls Diet Support  (Read 86838 times)

Offline wendycat

• Volunteer
    • wendypratt.com
modify
Re: PCO/S Girls Diet Support
« Reply #580 on: 24/10/10, 17:24 »
Hi Diane - Well done for getting into the high 13's, at some point it will be there no matter what time of day you get on the scales ^reiki^

I've had a bit of a set back, won't be starting treatment until next cycle now, which is annoying, but gives me four more weeks to get a bit more weight off. Saw a friend today who hasn't seen me for three months and she noticed I'd lost weight, which is a massive boost! Though I've had a lot of carrot cake today, not good!

Wendy

Offline Diane72

• Gold Member
  • Malaysia, 2012
modify
« Reply #581 on: 24/10/10, 17:30 »
Hi Wendy,

Sorry to hear you've had a set back, its so frustrating if you have pysched yourself up and then you have to delay  >:(  I had that last month because my cytokine levels were too high. I'm waiting to find out my results now after 3 humira injections and I know I'll be really frustrated if the same happens again, I find out next week. Oh well as you say more time to lose weight!

Diane x

Offline wendycat

• Volunteer
    • wendypratt.com
modify
« Reply #582 on: 24/10/10, 17:35 »
I won't lie, I was absolutely gutted. But you've got to look at the positives in this, I have that bit longer to prepare the spare womb for my little guests. :)

Good luck, hope all runs smoothly from now on ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Offline cup_cake

• Un-Ranked
modify
« Reply #583 on: 25/10/10, 13:58 »
nursejue - Welcome :)
Good luck with your weight loss. Five stone is a super achievement!
Fingers crossed for your DH   ^pray^

Diane72 - Hope you are in those 13's  :)
Thats my aim  at the moment to so I think a little motivation dance is in order for us both............
 ^jumpin^  13's  ^pompom^ 13's  ^jumpin^ 13's   ^pompom^ 13's   ^jumpin^ 13's  ^pompom^ 13's  ^jumpin^ 13's ^pompom^ 

wendycat - Sorry to hear your treatment has been put back hun. Here is hoping you have a good four weeks and it helps with treatment when you do go ahead  ^hugme^

RachaelHorsfield - I hope you have managed to stay on the diet waggon. I get bored with food really easy so I find it helps  to find new diet friendly recipes and cook when I am finding it hard.  ^reiki^

Offline Fancy Lass

modify
« Reply #584 on: 25/10/10, 21:17 »
Hi Ladies

Hope it's ok to join you ... :)

Been reading through and I think you maybe just the tonic I need - been struggling to conceive for the past 7yrs and I am now starting to believe it will never happen.
In short I was diagnosed with PCOS about 10yrs ago.  Was going to start IVF 4yrs ago and went in for a routine Hysteroscopy after taking Clomid for a month.
I was called back and told the devastating news I had Cancer and would need a Hysterectomy  :'(.
The consultant was excellent and asked for a second opinion and redid the Hysteroscopy - Luckily he did as I was found to have Pre-Cancer and not Cancer which is better - still not good but better.
I have been back twice a year since for him to double check everything is still the same, which it is.

IVF - been told we can look into this after my next check up - around February next year. 

Had ovaries drilled last year which didn't work :(

Now on a strict diet - Finding this really hard and there are days when I just want to give up and resign myself to the fact I'll never be a mum.    Can anyone help me with what to eat when they get those 'sweet' cravings as this is when I just crumble and reach for the nearest thing :(
My hubby is fantastic and I love him to bits - he is with me all the way (which I am sure all your other halves are)and is even dieting to help me.

I find it hard at times when I see people out with their babies - just go into daydream land and wish it was me - does anyone else feel like that ??

Hope I've not gone on too much

xxx

Offline Diane72

• Gold Member
  • Malaysia, 2012
modify
« Reply #585 on: 25/10/10, 22:02 »
Hello All,

'Fancy lass' I love the name! So sorry to hear about the pre-cancer, it must have been so tough to face. Hopefully you can take the route you want to be a Mummy but if you need to know about surrogacy after 5 miscarriages we've explored it so know it is a back-up option. Good luck with the diet!

cup-cake I love the dance!!!!

^jumpin^  13's  ^pompom^ 13's  ^jumpin^ 13's   ^pompom^ 13's   ^jumpin^ 13's  ^pompom^ 13's  ^jumpin^ 13's ^pompom^ 

Wendy, hope all is going well with you

nursejue, hope the class tonight goes well and you've reached that 5 st milestone!

Rachel, why not try a different diet with the same principals to keep it interesting.

Hugs to all,

Diane x

Offline nursejue

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #586 on: 25/10/10, 23:09 »

bugger  ^bigbad^ bugger  ^bigbad^ bugger  ^bigbad^ bugger  ^bigbad^

thats my stayed the same dance!!!!
Oh well i'm still determined and am not going to weigh myself on own scales all week!!!

Hope everyone is well
Love
Nursejue
xxx

Offline Diane72

• Gold Member
  • Malaysia, 2012
modify
« Reply #587 on: 25/10/10, 23:17 »
 ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^  grrr  >:(  well at least you didn't put on, which is very easy to do!!!  :)

Offline Fancy Lass

modify
« Reply #588 on: 26/10/10, 12:18 »
Thanks Diane 72 ... I guess it is never easy hearing that but as least I was 'lucky' enough not to have to have everything removed so becoming a mummy may still be a possibility  ^pray^

Anyone got any ideas on winter tea recipes that are filling yet not too fattening ....x

Offline wendycat

• Volunteer
    • wendypratt.com
modify
« Reply #589 on: 26/10/10, 17:04 »
Hello Ladies

Fancy Lass- Bloody hell, you've been through the mill ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^  Well done for getting on the diet though. I follow the Ducan diet and find it really easy to do. I only get sweet cravings when I have PMT usually, that's my worst time I think. I'm often to be found lying on the sofa balling my eyes out watching 'brief encounters' and stuffing my face with carrot cake. I've yet to find an alternative to sweet cravings. ;) :-[ :)

Nursejue- poo. I hate stayed the same weeks. ^hugme^

Diane- How you doing?

2lbs off for me this week Woo-bloody-hoo!!

Wendy

* Search

Free Butterfly PIN

Everyone who donates, gets a free discrete butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

Butterfly Pin

Recent Topics

Amazon top seller!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal