* Author Topic: How many cycles of IUI/IVF Northamptonshire offer  (Read 5521 times)

0 Members

Offline rushdengal

hi,

i wonder if anyone can help with the question above, I've looked on the PCT website and across the net but can't find any up to date answers.

I've been TTC for over two years now, sperm and blood tests have been OK, had an internal scan (sorry can't remember official name!) which was OK, and now I'm waiting for a date for a HSG and then most likely IUI treatment.  My job involves looking after babies so the last year of so has been incredibly hard.  I'm just trying to prepare myself for whats to come.

Would appreciate any help

Thanks

Offline sparklez

• Gold Member
modify
Re: How many cycles of IUI/IVF Northamptonshire offer
« Reply #1 on: 8/06/09, 19:07 »
Hiya Rushdengal,

I'm also from Northants, and are currently being referred to our chosen clinic.
We;ve been given NHS funding, I'm not too sure about funding IUI cycles, because we are going to IVF with ICSI, but we were advised that we get one complete-fresh IVF cycle, and alos 1 or 2 FET's if needed/available...

If you are unsure, maybe ring your local fertility clinic/hospital and they should be able to advise you?
where abouts in Northants are you?? which hospital are you under?  Our hospital Nurse was fab - so so so helpful!

x x Sparklez x x

Offline jade ttc

modify
« Reply #2 on: 8/06/09, 22:53 »
hi am also under the nhs in northamptonshire am in the genral at the mo who you both under

Offline wendy76

modify
« Reply #3 on: 10/06/09, 12:15 »
Hi

I had 3 lots of IUI which was quite a few years ago but at that time it was how many your doctors would fund, not a set guideline I believe.

Good luck

Wendy

Offline angelihelen

modify
« Reply #4 on: 15/06/09, 17:10 »
Hi Rushdengal, we got 1 cycle of ivf on the nhs recently. I assume this is standard. I know in other counties they can get either none or up to 3 . I guess we're somewhere in between!
Good luck xx

Offline fitnessfreak

modify
« Reply #5 on: 14/07/09, 20:47 »
Hi Rushdengal

I believe that IUI is not available on the NHS in Northants any more. I was due to have it done in 2007 but that was when the HFEA changed everything so I was then unable to have IUI so went straight to IVF.And for IVF, Northants give you only 1 chance at a full cycle. :(

Hope this helps

xx

Offline beanblue

• Un-Ranked
modify
« Reply #6 on: 6/10/09, 16:05 »
Hi,

I'm not sure if anyone is still reading this thread now? I went for my consultation today 6/10/09 at Kettering General. The information the Nurse gave me was if you are eligible for treatment you can have up to 3 IUI‘s (clomid assisted usually) . These are preformed at either Northampton, Leicester or Coventry, you choose which. Then again if eligible (they laboured this point) One NHS funded IVF.

I hope this helps  ;)

Kellyxx

Offline Izzybear

• Gold Member
  • Please blow me some bubbles
modify
« Reply #7 on: 7/10/09, 20:54 »
Hi

I'm in Northants and had one NHS funded full IVF cycle again stressed on eligibility, not sure what the norm is. Had to repeatedly ask for clomid before we got to this point!  Wasn't given any other options IUI along the way but I guess this is based on circumstances?!

Izzy

Offline teresa b

modify
« Reply #8 on: 19/10/09, 18:51 »
Hi
I am from Northampton and have only been given 1 funded cycle which sadly failed last year :(
I have pushed for more funding because we tick every box of the criteria but PCT keep saying NO so I got my local MP involved and have done loads of media coverage to try a raise awareness and get the guildlines of 3 funded cycles met but unfortunately haven't had any postive news yet ! Have been told since we done the media stuff lots of people in the same position have also contacted Sally Kemble for help and I believe she was arranging a meeting with the Chief Executive if the PCT to discuss it further (So fingers crossed).

Struggling a bit at the moment cause it's seem everyone but me is getting pregnant  :( I am really happy for them but at the same time can't help wishing it was me. Anyone having good tips on coping with it cause I feel like an ogar  :(

teresa b

Offline wantabump!

• Un-Ranked
modify
« Reply #9 on: 27/10/09, 22:53 »
Hi,
I'm also from Northampton and am going through the process of being funded for IUI. My consultant said I would get 6 cycles funded but that I'd have to go to Care to have it done as they don't do it at the general any more.
My friend also manages the budget for the PCT and I'm in trouble for putting it over for the year!!!   :-[
teresa, I hear you about everyone else getting pregnant.. It is lovely but you just feel like why not me too?!
Keep in touch ladies, we'll get there xxx

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal