* Author Topic: Progynova and IUI  (Read 1993 times)

0 Members

Offline starbuck

• Gold Member
  • Waving to mummy!
modify
Progynova and IUI
« on: 15/07/09, 20:04 »
I've been trying to find some info on this but not been successful so thought I'd ask!

I was given Progynova (2 x 2mg a day) for a thin lining (from clomid).  2 days later my lining is fine but they have told me to continue the tabs.   I'm not sure why though now the lining is fine.   The nurse said I would need to take it till test day.   Does this also mean AF won't arrive until after I finish taking them?   I read someone was on them until 12 weeks of pregnancy but the package leaflet says to stop taking them on pregnancy.   

Anyone got any experience with this drug and can give me more info? 

Thanks
Starbuck

Offline ♥JJ1♥

• Gold Member
  • Thanks for all the bubbles
modify
Re: Progynova and IUI
« Reply #1 on: 15/07/09, 21:44 »
progynova is commonly used to boost your oestrodial levels which can create a thicker lining. You are on a low dose I was on 12 mgs a day, and with FET is you get pregnant you remain on them till 12 weeks.

GOOD LUCK

Offline Felix42

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #2 on: 15/07/09, 23:01 »
Starbuck, just seconding what JJ says. I'm on 2mg 3 times a day and must stay on them til 12 weeks.

Good luck!

Love & hugs, Felix xx

Offline starbuck

• Gold Member
  • Waving to mummy!
modify
« Reply #3 on: 16/07/09, 19:01 »
Thanks for the advice Felix and JJ1.  And congrats on the BFP Felix - very exciting.

Forgot to ask the clinic today if the pills will ensure I get to test date without AF - anyone know? 

Thanks
Starbuck

Offline starbuck

• Gold Member
  • Waving to mummy!
modify
« Reply #4 on: 16/07/09, 19:03 »
Although as I'm supposed to be positive thinking then I shouldn't even be thinking about that! :)

Offline starbuck

• Gold Member
  • Waving to mummy!
modify
« Reply #5 on: 30/07/09, 09:51 »
Thought I'd answer my own question in case it's useful for anyone else.  Progynova didn't delay my cycle.   My lutuel phase this cycle was the same this time as the last one (which had no drugs).

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal