* Author Topic: a bully in church - how do I tackle this?  (Read 8889 times)

0 Members

Offline hbrodie

• Please leave my bubbles on a 7 Thanks xxx
  • Gold Member
  • Emily, 13mth, on holiday in Arizona
modify
Re: a bully in church - how do I tackle this?
« Reply #20 on: 8/10/09, 14:26 »
thanks hun
I think, sadly, that there are just some people in this world who are miserable and grumpy and there is nothing you can to do help them or change them  :-\

Offline malteeza

modify
« Reply #21 on: 8/10/09, 18:32 »
Hi hbrodie

Sound like you have got a great plan.  You can do this and you will feel all the better for it.  Let us know how it goes.

Malteeza

Offline ♥AngelBumps♥

• Gold Member
  • Hope is everything!
modify
« Reply #22 on: 1/11/09, 10:17 »
Sounds like a horrible, soulless woman. I think as she is sarcastic and mean, she will see through any act of kindness from you as disingenuous, even though you will be very gracious. Not standing up to a bully (which some people have suggested) would let her think that this way of life for her is acceptable. Illness is not an excuse to berate or constantly put someone down. She is mean and needs to be dealt with. I despise nasty people - see, it has the negative affect of making one have negatively in one's life for others, when they are negative toward you. This woman's business is not in the Church, not in any church I know. How the others let her carry on I don't know! - they need to self-assess. She needs to have her bad manners and nastiness nipped in the bud, or she wont get into heaven - that is, according to the rule book!

Offline hbrodie

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #23 on: 1/11/09, 12:40 »
thanks hun.
congratulations on your bfp BTW, I see your ticker  ;)
I have the next PCC meeting on the 11th....I shall keep you all posted on what happens. I have a feeling she will mention the treasury report being a bit wrong....I am sure I must have made a mistake, I must have, her writing was so  bad! the vicare helped me read it - I told him I was too scared to ask this lady and he just rolled his eyes upward and chuckled 'yes, me too'  ^idiot^

Offline ♥AngelBumps♥

• Gold Member
  • Hope is everything!
modify
« Reply #24 on: 1/11/09, 13:50 »
Thanks H!
Yes, let us all know - I was intrigued when I read your story... you certainly don't need this in addition to what you're going through!
Fingers crossed!
A x

Offline hbrodie

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #25 on: 12/11/09, 10:55 »
we had our PCC meeting last night. it was held at grumpy moo's house. turns out suzanne has had a word with her for me and she was as nice as pie to me! a bit grumpy with the vicar, told him it was his fault we r in financial difficulties cos he never preaches about giving!  :o poor vicar looked really upset!

Offline ❁ BG2007 ❁

• Founder Member Of Insomniacs Anonymous (AKA "The Posh One")
  • VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #26 on: 12/11/09, 11:58 »
would it be worth 'rewarding' her  ??? a sort of "I was just driving past and thought I'd drop this lovely shortbread / pot plant off for you  :)" as a kind of subliminal thank you?

It might make her day  ^reiki^ and you'll feel happy  :)

glad she was nice to you though.

B xxx :-*

Offline hbrodie

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #27 on: 12/11/09, 14:13 »
that is a nice idea, I know she has an ancient cat who was a stray which she took in, and a little westie too, and they r her life. I might find her something with a cat or westie on  :)

Offline GuitarAngel1979

• Gold Member
  • Our lovely boy/girl twins born May 2009
modify
« Reply #28 on: 23/11/09, 17:51 »
I love the saying 'kill them with kindness'. It will make her boil. ;)

But, at the same time she is very rude and comments as such are really not needed. If there were enough complaints from others do you think the vicar would have a chat with her?

Offline hbrodie

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #29 on: 23/11/09, 18:50 »
I think he has had several chats with her over the past few years TBH  ::)

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal