* Author Topic: Severe trapped wind - any other sufferers?  (Read 9699 times)

0 Members

Offline Three boys

• A mummy at last!
Hi,
Just wondered if anyone else out there is suffering from really bad trapped wind?
Stupidly I decided to munch on a tuna sandwich and a packet of Quavers at 1.30 this morning  :o I was starving.
That led to the most severe pain I have ever felt and was doubled over for hours.
I felt like my body had been put in a vice! It was horrendous. I was sick twice and I just couldn't relieve it at all. I was sat bolt upright on the sofa for about two hours just rubbing my stomach, just under the ribcage, trying to get rid of it  :o
Finally it subsided at 5.45am.... what a night  :(
I was ready for going to hospital, it was that bad, but I knew it was only trapped wind and nothing serious.

Has anyone else had this? I ended up sipping warm Ribena which helped in the end.
I'm shattered today and my stomach muscles are so sore, feeling very sorry for myself!  :(

sorry for the 'me' post...

love claire x

Offline ~ S ~

• Gold Member
modify
Re: Severe trapped wind - any other sufferers?
« Reply #1 on: 3/11/09, 22:02 »
Claire - sounds nasty  ^hugme^

When you say under your ribcage, was it in the middle or to the right handside at all? Was it coming in waves?

It's just the way you describe it sounds like some problems I had when pg with ds2 and they thought I had gallstones (eating fatty food can trigger it). I had the most hideous 'attack' ever about 8 days after he was born to the point of a 999 hospital job but by the time I finally had an ultrasound it was clear and they are sure I had gallstones but had passed them on the night I had the horrific pain.

See if anything happens again after eating, esp if something fatty, and if it does go and see your Dr. Gallstones can be quite common in pg  :o

Hope it doesn't happen again though  ^hugme^

S xx

Offline Three boys

• A mummy at last!
modify
« Reply #2 on: 3/11/09, 22:26 »
Hi S,

Thank you for replying... I can't believe what you've written actually because I also ended up back in hospital 10 days after DS was born with gallstones!

And yes the pain is v.similar but this time I know it is trapped wind cause the gall bladder is gone!  :)

Gosh your situation was almost identical to mine, v. weird.

I had bad pains throughout my first pg which at the time I put down to trapped wind.
I was in hospital with DS for nine days cause he was in SCBU and the day I came home I was back in again with the gall bladder problem. I'd had egg and chips for my tea  :-[  (I know, my diet needs an overhaul!) but all I wanted was a soft fried egg after nine months of hard boiled ones!

But it was that fatty meal that triggered it all and they found I had a gallstone lodged in the bile duct. Anyway they sorted that out and removed the gallbladder a few days later. Horrible time.

This time though, I know it's trapped wind, but the pain is definitely similar.
I just had a rotten night last night, am dreading going to bed thinking it's all going to happen again.
So I'm sat here with a warm Ribena again, hoping that will keep it at bay!

Thanks for replying x

Claire x

Offline Mummytoone

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #3 on: 4/11/09, 17:13 »
Only have a couple of minutes so sorry this is short.

Just read this and it reminded me of Rich being ill in the summer. Just a word of warning, Rich had similar pains which he could only describe as trapped wind under his rib cage. To cut a long story short it ended up he had a very inflammed liver which was giving similar pain. The dr thought it was viral and his bloods were clear in the end and no harm done.
But if it doesnt get better please see the dr just incase. The dr thought it was swine flu related as he had the worst fever etc with it.

Hope you feel better soon!

L xx

Offline Jayne

• A Dream is a Wish Waiting to Come True
  • Former Admin
modify
« Reply #4 on: 9/11/09, 12:00 »
Ahh, I was just about to write about possible gallstones, as the pain sounds so much like what I used to get before having my gall bladder removed. I did used to get identical pain to that caused by gallstones mind, for several years after my gallbladder was removed. Apparently I was developing small stones in my bile ducts and then went on to get pancreatitis when I was 13 weeks pregnant  ::) Glad to hear it was just wind though  ;)

xx  

Offline slinkyfish

• Gold Member
  • ARGC - thanks for our beautiful family!
modify
« Reply #5 on: 12/11/09, 21:36 »
Try some hot milk with a bit of pepper in  ;) Get's that wind out  :o :o :o

Offline Fluffs

• VIP Member Sponsor
  • If you’re going through hell, keep going
modify
« Reply #6 on: 12/11/09, 21:43 »
Hiya

I've had that in the past  :(  Have you got some Windeze capsules?  They can help shift it (same stuff as Infacol).  Also, try drinking a pint of water - it used to make it hurt more for a short while as the stomach feels really stretched but I found that the water would displace the air and it would move quite quickly then.  Big hugs, I know how much it hurts  ^hugme^

Fluffs xxx

Offline Mummytoone

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #7 on: 13/11/09, 09:03 »
Does anyone know if Claire is ok? She hasnt posted since then? x

Offline Three boys

• A mummy at last!
modify
« Reply #8 on: 13/11/09, 22:18 »
Hiya,
So sorry for not posting sooner, I've had a poorly little boy this week so haven't been on line much - but that's another story...
I am feeling better, not had a really bad bout of the trapped wind since last Monday, but when I do get it I'm finding sipping warm water helps. I'm probably not eating enough really, which isn't helping, but I've not much appetite.

I don't think it is anything more than trapped wind this time, although thanks Jayne and Lulu for telling me your experiences - I'll certainly keep those in mind should it get bad again.

I really didn't know which way to turn last week, it was agonising. No wonder people mistake severe ndegestion / trapped wind for heart attacks....

Thanks you so much again for advice and help,  ^hugme^

Claire x

Offline Jayne

• A Dream is a Wish Waiting to Come True
  • Former Admin
modify
« Reply #9 on: 17/11/09, 21:17 »
Thanks for the update Claire, and glad to hear you're okay :) Hope your little boy is on the mend too xx

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal