* Author Topic: PompeyD's 1st ICSI - Prostap, Puregon, Ovitrelle & Cyclogest - BFP - Twins!!!  (Read 10907 times)

0 Members

Offline PompeyD

• Gold Member
  • I like bubbles ending in a 2 or a 7, thanks
[fly]3 Days since started Stims[/fly]

Another 4 days off work, I love this time of year  ;D Had to get up early to go for my scan, but chilling out for the rest of today before I go out and celebrate seeing the back of 2009  ^jumpin^ I get to drive as I'm not drinking but it will be nice to go out as hopefully wont be able to next year  ^reiki^
Scan went well with follies staring to grow to about 6mm, not sure how many should be starting to grow by day 4 as it seems quite different to my IUI cycles. Consultant seems happy & said I have good ovaries, lets hope that means good eggs  ^pray^ Trying to relax and not stress that I haven't got enough follies growing  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ I'm to continue with 150 Puregon until my next scan on Monday evening.

Wishing all my FF the very best for 2010  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Offline PompeyD

• Gold Member
[fly]4 Days since started Stims[/fly]

2009 finished with an announcement from one of DH's oldest friends that he was going to be a Dad  :-\ This friend has drank & smoked through his adult life then hits 40, meets someone, gets engaged and is going to be a Dad in the space of 6 months. Happy for him but wish things could have been that simple for us  :'(
Alcohol free wine wasn't good, but did have mostly a good evening and pleased to be starting a new year. Have had a really lazy day which has been lovely apart from having a really bad headache earlier. Feeling really relaxed and positive for this tx & the year ahead  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

^fairydust^
PompeyD

Offline PompeyD

• Gold Member
[fly]6 Days since started Stims[/fly]

Can't believe the holidays are nearly over and it's back to work proper tomorrow, although I'll only be in a week before time off for ec  ^pray^ I'm getting on okay with my injections, still having 150 units Puregon a day. Stomach not looking too bad, just pin prick marks from the injections.
Have been having regular twinges in my ovaries & I'm really hoping that I have a decent number of follies when I have my scan tomorrow. I know having expectations of a perfect cycle isn't good but at this point it's hard to have anything else  ^reiki^ I am really worried that I'm going to have my scan tomorrow and nothing is going to have grown. I know this is unlikely and I'm probably worrying unecessarily but will feel better after appointment tomorrow evening. Feeling emotional this afternoon  ^eyes^ hope it soon passes. Have felt hot at times and had to throw the covers off the bed last night, not a normal occurance in January  ;D
Have been trying to eat really well & fitting in my 5 a day, lots of protein & plenty of water. Also been eating a few brazil nuts everyday. Don't want to look back and regret not having done things differently. I've also stopped exercising since I've been down regging so think I'll make the effort to do some Wii fit as it'll make me feel better if nothing else.

^fairydust^
PompeyD

Offline PompeyD

• Gold Member
[fly]7 Days since started Stims[/fly]

It's been a really hectic Monday, work was busy which took my mind off of going for my scan this evening. Had to pop round to my best friends and take her birthday present between work and getting to the hospital, was glad of the few minutes rest whilst waiting for appointment  :)
DH came with me which I'm not used to because I had all my scans for IUI early in the morning and it wasn't possible for him to come with me. It is nice to have someone else there to remember number of follies, etc.
Was pleased to see lots of follicles growing, I only had a couple measured but they were 11mm. Looks like I have about 4-6 follicles on each ovary & they're hoping to get about 8 eggs if things carry on as they are  ^clapping^ My lining is already over 9mm so happy with that. So was told all is looking good so feeling much happier about it all  ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Next scan isn't until Friday afternoon, hope by then I will be told when I can do my trigger shot.

Really tired so going to have an early night  :)

^fairydust^ to everyone
PompeyD

Offline PompeyD

• Gold Member
[fly]9 Days since started Stims[/fly]

Snow has arrived  :) Would have been better if I had got home from work first, traffic was moving so slowly I was really glad to get home in time for my injection. Boss rang this morning & said not to try going in (didn't need telling twice  ;D ) so have had a lazy day at home. Would normally have gone out and had fun but can't face getting cold at the moment.
Trying not to worry about getting to London for ec, but it's hard  :-\ didn't consider the possibility of snow when I started the cycle. Next scan on Friday is still at local hospital so that should be okay to get to. Hope my follies are enjoying the extra rest and growing lots  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ Finding it hard to drink as much when I'm at home so bit behind on getting through my 2 litres today.
Still getting headaches and nausea at times & feel that I'm worrying about anything and everything  ::)

Follie dance for anyone that needs one
[fly] ^dancing spot^ ^banana^ ^monkey^ ^clapping^ ^pompom^ ^Booty^ ^jumpin^ ^surprise^ ^spin^ ^bunny^ ^rainbow^ ^dancing spot^[/fly]

^fairydust^
PompeyD

Offline PompeyD

• Gold Member
[fly]10 Days since started Stims[/fly]

Another day at home, managed to work from home today though as had loads to do this week before taking time off for egg collection etc. DH didn't go to work either as first my car got stuck in the snow blocking him in, then the drivers window mechanism broke leaving the window open. Got to drop it off at the garage tomorrow & then get the train into work. Hoping the roads are a bit better tomorrow  ^pray^ Not sure when they're going to be able to get it fixed by and could have done without the extra cost on top of the IVF.
Have felt better today, quite stressed but think that's because things keep going wrong  ::) Looking forward to finding out tomorrow if my follies have grown  ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^reiki^ hopefully not too many more days of injecting to go. Stomach seems to be getting more sensitive to them the more I do, not sure whether that's in my head or actually happening  ;D

^fairydust^
PompeyD

Offline PompeyD

• Gold Member
[fly]11 Days since started Stims[/fly]

Yay we're ready for egg collection on Tuesday  ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ Scan was moved forward to early afternoon so after a lot of travelling, dropping off my car at the garage & then getting the train into work, I was only there for half day. Did get my car fixed so it is now warmer inside than out again  :)
Scan was looking good with 11 follies between 11mm & 18mm, 6 on LO and 5 on RO with another 2 injections of 150 Puregon to go  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ My lining was 14mm too which is a lot thicker than it ever got on my IUI cycles, think 8.5mm was the thickest. Hoping by Tuesday that most of them are mature and we get some good embies  ^pray^
Getting excited now as we're getting so close   ^spin^ ^spin^ ^spin^

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend in the snow  ^cold^

^fairydust^
PompeyD

Offline PompeyD

• Gold Member
[fly]Trigger shot after 13 days of Stims[/fly]
I had a bit of a wobble yesterday, think it was just all hitting home that we're actually doing this  :-\ It was my last stimming injection yesterday though so that's another stage completed  ^milestone^ Watched a film with DH last night and tried to relax a bit, wasn't very successful though.
Had a long lie in this morning and finally went out for a walk in the snow this afternoon, felt better for getting out in the fresh air  ^reiki^ Since we got back I've been trying to get everything sorted for going up to London tomorrow afternoon, consent forms, cheque book, passports, route plan etc so much to remember  ^scared^ We're staying over as I was worried about getting there if we have more snow, roads should be better tomorrow afternoon than early Tuesday morning.
I've had the details of my day 12 scan (4 days before ec), I had 11 follies 1x12mm, 2x13mm, 3x14mm, 1x15mm, 2x17mm, 1x18mm & 1x19mm  ^clapping^ ^banana^ ^clapping^
I'm due to do my trigger at 11.30pm tonight ready for ec at 9.45am Tuesday, good job I'm too nervous about it to sleep as I'm normally fast asleep by then  ;D

Will post again on Tuesday when hopefully I'll have some lovely eggs to tell you about  ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^reiki^

^fairydust^
PompeyD

Offline PompeyD

• Gold Member
[fly]Egg Collection[/fly]

Went up to London yesterday afternoon, stayed over at a hotel within walking distance of the clinic. Bit of a waste of hotel stay when we couldn't  ^BMS^ and I wasn't allowed breakfast this morning. I'm sure DH ate enough for both of us to make up for it  ;D
Strange going somewhere other than the local hospital for tx but the staff at LFC were all really nice  :) Sorted out all the paperwork then DH went to do his bit & I was taken through for my egg collection. It only took 20 minutes & wasn't as bad as I thought. I was given plenty of time to rest and then the Doctor came to speak to us. They went into all my follies and got 6 eggs  :) As DH's sample wasn't great they are going to ICSI them all. Just got to wait for the phonecall tomorrow to find out how the fertilisation went, really nervous about this bit and  ^pray^ that we get at least 1 embie to put back.
Start taking the cyclogest tonight and then it's every 12 hours until test day and beyond if BFP  ^pray^

^fairydust^
PompeyD

Offline PompeyD

• Gold Member
[fly]1 day since Egg Collection[/fly]

Had a phonecall from the clinic at 8.30 this morning just as DH was leaving for work. Was good not to have to wait all morning for them to call too.
From the 6 eggs they collected 4 were mature enough to inject with  ^HappySperm^ and of these 2 fertilised. As we only have 2 embies there's no need to wait and we're booked in for ET tomorrow at 12.30  ^pray^ ^reiki^
I was disappointed with the news this morning as thought we'd get more than 2 embies from my 10 follicles, but have felt better & more positive as the day has gone on. Would love for both embies to survive until transfer tomorrow  ^pray^ feel really attached to them already, more than ever I thought I would.
Still uncomfortable from ec yesterday and have spent the day taking it easy, DH sent me flowers which was lovely of him  ^smlove^ and really looking forward to him getting home from work.

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ for my 2 embies  ^pray^ ^pray^ they are growing well  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

PompeyD

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal