* Author Topic: PompeyD's 1st ICSI - Prostap, Puregon, Ovitrelle & Cyclogest - BFP - Twins!!!  (Read 10908 times)

0 Members

Offline PompeyD

• Gold Member
  • I like bubbles ending in a 2 or a 7, thanks
[fly]Day before OTD[/fly]

The not knowing is really getting to me now, think it's because it's so close. I found it so hard to concentrate on work that I finished early in the end.
Had a near miss with the Pee sticks, they tempted me into taking the cellophane off the box to read the instructions. Like I've never done one before  ;D I didn't give in, was the thought of testing without DH which stopped me. I know he wants to be with me when I test and means I don't have to tell him the result if it's not good news.
I'm off to footie this evening so that will pass a few hours and may not get back on here before I've tested. Symptoms are the same as yesterday but with more cm today, not sure if that's good or a sign AF is on her way.
 ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ let it be positive tomorrow, love little embie 1 & 2 so much  ^reiki^ ^sticky vibes^ ^reiki^

Thanks for all the good luck messages, it means so much knowing my FF are there for me  ^hugme^

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^
PompeyD

Offline PompeyD

• Gold Member

[fly] ^rainbow^ ^rainbow^ ^rainbow^ ^rainbow^  ^BFP^ ^rainbow^ ^rainbow^ ^rainbow^ ^rainbow^[/fly]

Will post properly later, too excited at the moment!!

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^
PompeyD

Offline PompeyD

• Gold Member
Whoops was too busy being excited yesterday to post again  :-[ Had a lovely day with DH, spent the morning chilling then went to see Avatar in the afternoon. Friends invited us round to watch football in the evening so had to contain my excitement as wanted to keep it quiet for a few days. Hard to not tell people that knew we were having treatment as can only stretch out the 2ww for so long. Did ring and tell my sister yesterday who is very excited about being an Auntie  ;D
Everytime I went past the bathroom yesterday had to keep going in just to check the lines were still on the tests, did 2 yesterday morning in case one was faulty ;D Not sure how quickly the lines appeared as wasn't looking until DH tried to cover them up, then went into panic mode that they wouldn't work if covered up  ^idiot^ Uncovered them and saw DH beaming and all these lines  ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ did a lot of dancing around, was a magic  ^cloud9^ moment  :)
Went into the office today as now back to normal full time office hours, was really busy so not had as much time to think about it as I would like. Was thinking more about how my FF's ec was going and whether anyone would notice if I sneaked on here to check  ;D
Got home and read a thread on here where someone's BFP had turned BFN, freaked me out and I had to go POAS to check it was still BFP. Test line came up before control line so thinking that has got to be good especially on evening wee. Called my sister for some calming words, she's good at that. Need to stop thinking it's all going to go wrong, positive thoughts now that embie 1 & embie 2 and all settled in ^sticky vibes^ Still getting cramp type pains and keep poking boobs to check they're still tender. Glad it's nearly the weekend  :)

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^
PompeyD

Offline PompeyD

• Gold Member
[fly] ^reiki^ ^reiki^ 4 weeks 5 days pregnant  ^reiki^ ^reiki^[/fly]

It's starting to sink in a bit now that the treatment has actually worked and I am pregnant, I'm so excited  ^banana^ ^banana^ Had a bit of a wobble Friday evening when I was convinced that keep feeling light headed wasn't a good sign. DH and my lovely FFs sorted me out yesterday and I am now only looking at positive things on websites  ;D It's amazing seeing how much developing is going on at this early stage, I've never looked at pregnancy websites before so all new to me. Realising how much there is to learn and I can't wait  ^jumpin^
I've emailed my consultant to arrange my first scan so hoping to have a date for that early this week, I need to know so I can do a new ticker  ;D
We're off out to friends for Sunday lunch so nice not to have to cook  :)

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^
PompeyD

Offline PompeyD

• Gold Member
[fly] ^reiki^ ^reiki^ 5 weeks 2 days pregnant ^reiki^ ^reiki^[/fly]

I think I've worried more since testing than I ever have in my life. Hopefully ^fingerscrossed^ I've calmed down a bit and am enjoying being pregnant instead of worrying about what might go wrong.
Have my appointment for my first scan - 15th February so I'm having another 2ww ^pray^ ^pray^ for good news at the end of this one too  ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Symptoms still much the same lots of cramp/strange nigglings going on. Often feel like AF is about to arrive. Boobs are sore, more so in the evenings. Keep waking up about half 4 with boobs really hurting but they have settled down by the time I get up a couple of hours later. Occassional waves of nausea have been trying to eat more, especially in the afternoons and this has helped with feeling light headed ^reiki^
Work has been really busy, not helped by the amount of time I had off in January  ::) Tonight is the first time I haven't fallen asleep by now, so really looking forward to a quiet weekend with DH  :)

Sending  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ and  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ to my FFs

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^
PompeyD

Offline PompeyD

• Gold Member
[fly] ^reiki^ ^reiki^ 5 weeks 5 days pregnant  ^reiki^ ^reiki^[/fly]

Quiet weekend hasn't been a good thing as it's given me too much time to worry  :-\ Actually looking forward to another busy week at work to pass the time until our first scan.
Symptoms seem to have settled down and that makes me think my hcg levels aren't increasing as they should be, hoping it's just because I've been resting more that I haven't noticed them  ^pray^
Went shopping yesterday and friend kept pointing out maternity clothes, find it hard to imagine that I'm going to have a bump that would need maternity clothes.
 ^pray^ ^pray^ that embie 1 & embie 2 are growing strongly in there for me  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^
PompeyD

Offline PompeyD

• Gold Member
[fly] ^reiki^ ^reiki^ 6 weeks 2 days pregnant  ^reiki^ ^reiki^[/fly]

Being back at work has made the week go quicker ^reiki^ and haven't worried hardly at all this week  :) Symptoms have increased during this week with nausea first thing in the morning and late afternoon. Not sleeping great and boobs seem to be much sorer at night, this could be increasing my tiredness by the time I get in from work. Haven't managed an evening without falling asleep on the sofa yet this week. Had metallic taste today for the first time today, although not nice made me feel better that everything is okay in there  ^pray^
Feel like I've been waiting for this first scan for so long and I've still got another 4 days to go  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^pray^

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^
PompeyD

Offline PompeyD

• Gold Member
[fly] ^reiki^ ^reiki^ 6 weeks 6 days pregnant - Scan day ^reiki^ ^reiki^[/fly]

Today has been just the longest day, scan wasn't until half 5 but needed to come home first so left work at half 3. Had been feeling really sick for a couple of hours by this point and was glad to get away. Nearly threw up when I past someone smoking but managed to get home, phew. Ate a few ginger biscuits and felt a bit better by the time I had to go to the hospital, just really nervous by this point. Didn't have to wait long for consultant and went in for internal scan. Was amazed to see that both embie 1 & 2 had made it and become twinny 1 & 2  ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ DH looked very shocked at this point (in a good way!) my sister had been telling me it was going to twins from ET so maybe I wasn't so shocked. Although I'd told myself that the odds of our only 2 embies both making it to this point would be very small. Feel so lucky that both had strong little heartbeats and were a good distance apart  ^cloud9^
Got a couple of scan pictures which I can't stop looking at  :)

Thank you to all of you who have supported me to this point, couldn't have done it without you and  ^pray^ that all your dreams come true really soon  ^hugme^
 ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^
PompeyD

Offline PompeyD

• Gold Member
[fly] ^reiki^ ^reiki^ 7 weeks 2 days pregnant  ^reiki^ ^reiki^[/fly]

Feeling really lonely today :'( Want to be enjoying being pregnant and I've either been worrying about things going wrong or now feeling too rough. Feeling nauseaus pretty much all day, dry wretching or being sick every few hours. Have to time when I eat and not eating as much as I normally would for just me let alone for 3 of us. Arranged to work from home today and tomorrow which has been good but I can't do that for as long as this lasts as it could be a long time yet  :-\
Went to the hospital yesterday to get the rest of my Cyclogest prescription. Didn't feel great by the time I'd walked from the car to the pharmacy and then I had this really rude old man behind me in the queue, he didn't stay behind me he came up to the counter and stood right next to me waving his prescription. Think the guy behind the counter felt awkward when he had to ask me if it was a gynae or fertility prescription. Old man even had the nerve to complain about the waiting time when I was the one being given the time. Why do some people have to be so rude  ^bigbad^
Hoping to be in a brighter mood next time I post, DH will be home soon :) have really missed him today.

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^
PompeyD

Offline PompeyD

• Gold Member
[fly] ^reiki^ ^reiki^ 8 weeks pregnant  ^reiki^ ^reiki^[/fly]

Well the sickness is pretty much controlling what I can do, which isn't much. Work have been really good and feel a bit more relaxed now I've sorted things out with them  ^reiki^ I keep reminding myself that it's a good sign that the twins are doing well and that's the only important thing. Went to GP yesterday and he checked I wasn't becoming dehydrated from the sickness, not thank goodness. I'm managing to keep down whatever I eat in the evening so have been taking my folic acid & vitamins then in the hope that the babies are getting what they need. I'm also managing to sleep through the nausea at night, although still having a couple of naps during the day too  ;D
Told my parents last Saturday, was hoping to be able to tell them in person but not sure when I'll be up to the journey so did it over the phone. They knew that we were having problems but not that we were having treatment so was lovely surprise for them.

armi if you're reading  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ everything is okay for you  ^hugme^

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^
PompeyD

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal