* Author Topic: PompeyD's 1st ICSI - Prostap, Puregon, Ovitrelle & Cyclogest - BFP - Twins!!!  (Read 11085 times)

0 Members

Online PompeyD

• Gold Member
  • I like bubbles ending in a 2 or a 7, thanks
[fly] ^reiki^ ^reiki^ 9 weeks pregnant  ^reiki^ ^reiki^[/fly]

Been a week since I last posted and I've pretty much spent the whole time either being or feeling sick, got to the point end of last week that I can't keep more than the odd slice of toast down. So much for putting on weight I've lost over half a stone since I got my BFP. I know they say that the babies take what they need from your blood but it's still hard not to worry about them when I'm being so sick. I think I've exhausted things to try to help the sickness, nothing is working unfortunately  :(
Decided to go into the office for a couple of hours on Monday as I had been working from home, didn't go well. Had only been at my desk 45 mins when I started feeling feint, managed to get to somewhere I could lie down for a few minutes but it made me realise how weak I've got. Had a quick chat with my boss and agreed that I wouldn't try working anymore and just rest until I see my GP tomorrow.
So got an early start for Doctors tomorrow, DH is taking me which I'm quite relieved about. Bit scared to go out on my own whilst I feel so bad  :-\
Good news is that I'm 9 weeks today  ^milestone^ hoping to get midwife sorted when I'm at Doctors tomorrow. Will be nice to get date for the 12 week scan, I can't wait to see them again  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ Had flowers today from my parents & sister which was a lovely surprise, haven't seen them for ages. Feel bad as my niece really wants to visit and I don't want to tell niece & nephew until we've had the 12 week scan. Not up to house guests at the moment anyway, looking after myself is a challenge. DH has been so good doing all the housework and looking after me, don't know what I'd do without him.

Lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ and  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ to my FF

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^
PompeyD

Online PompeyD

• Gold Member
[fly] ^reiki^ ^reiki^ 9 weeks 5 days pregnant  ^reiki^ ^reiki^[/fly]

Think I've turned a corner with the sickness  ^banana^ ^banana^ I went to the doctors on Wednesday and she gave me a prescription for anti sickness tablets if it got any worse. She's also done urine and blood tests to check everything is okay and I've got to call for the results of those in the next few days.
I've been eating little amounts every hour or so and having a small dinner early evening, the main thing is that I'm keeping it down which has made me feel better about things. Haven't been sick since Friday morning when I got back from my blood test  ^reiki^
Had a stressful Friday evening when DH put a nail through a pipe under the floorboard which he then couldn't get up and could hear the water dripping onto the ceiling downstairs. He had to drill and saw into the floorboard in the end and turn the water off so no water or heating until someone came and capped it at 8pm last night. Plumber coming tomorrow and carpenter on Tuesday, then we can have the new carpet laid later in the week and it'll all be a bad memory  ;D
Still got no energy to do anything without feeling really ill so had quiet weekend with lots of sleeping. Very excited that Pompey won, even if I couldn't go.  ^pray^ I'm feeling better in a few weeks to go to Wembley  :)
Midwife appointment on Wednesday afternoon, it'll be nice to have my 12 week scan date. Seems so long ago that I saw them and really want to know that they are both okay still  ^pray^ ^pray^
Hoping to increase my working hours back up to nearer full time this week, still going to work from home though.
 ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^
PompeyD

Online PompeyD

• Gold Member
[fly] ^reiki^ ^reiki^ 10 weeks 1 day pregnant  ^reiki^ ^reiki^[/fly]

After saying I'd turned a corner with the sickness in my last diary post was sick within about half an hour  ::) Is soooo much better than it was though, only being sick about once a day. If I eat little and often the nausea isn't as bad, worse times of day are late morning and late afternoon.
I've been working nearly full days this week which has meant no naps during the day, so tired by the evenings. Trying to stay awake tonight to watch footie on telly but have been in bed by half 8 last couple of nights, wish I was there now  ;D
Had first midwife appointment today, she was really nice which I was relieved about. Got to have more bloods done so taking my vanishing veins back to the blood taking clinic in the morning. Midwife is coming to my house on Saturday to fill in all the paperwork, left my appointment with her with loads of stuff. Not had a chance to have a proper look at it all yet. Midwife did the request for our 12 week scan, including the dates my DH can't make. Really hope they can do it when he's here, he's away from 12 weeks to 12+2 so we'll see.
I've started reducing my cyclogest this week so only on 1 a day now, got to gradually stop taking it by 12 weeks. Haven't found taking them too bad, but interesting that some clinics don't keep people on them past OTD.
 ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^
PompeyD

Online PompeyD

• Gold Member
[fly] ^reiki^ ^reiki^ 10 weeks 5 days pregnant  ^reiki^ ^reiki^[/fly]
Went and had the blood test done on Thursday, nurse had a bit of trouble. Had to try both arms and have a lovely bruise on my arm that she got the blood from. Hopefully that's it for bloods for a while  ^reiki^
Spoke to my boss on Friday about going back to working in the office from Monday, going to start with mornings and see how it goes aiming to be back in full time by end of the week. Will be nice to see people again as gets a bit lonely working from home all the time.
Midwife came to my house yesterday for my booking in appointment, that took about an hour. Don't need to see her again until 16 weeks now and will start consultant care (for twin pregnancy & because IVF) after 20 week scan.
Received date for 12 week scan, 29th March. Will be 12+6 by then but the main thing is it doesn't clash with DH being away. I was hoping to have had the scan by then as seeing my Gran on 27th March and just wanted to know everything was okay before I told her. Am finding it harder not telling people the further in we get, but really want to be past 12 weeks & have had the next scan before we tell people.
My waistline is starting to expand, but don't think it's noticable to anyone else. I have been wearing loose clothes whilst I've been at home so hope I'll be comfortable in my more fitted work stuff.
DH & I are off for a short walk now, start of me exercising again as I haven't done anything since before Christmas  :o Was quite fit before then  ;D
 ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^
PompeyD

Online PompeyD

• Gold Member
[fly] ^reiki^ ^reiki^ 11 weeks 5 days pregnant  ^reiki^ ^reiki^[/fly]

This week has been a bit quieter, no visits to Doctors/Midwife/Blood testing clinic so that has been nice  :) Have been back in the office half days which was fine at the start of the week but got more of a struggle towards the end. Took Friday afternoon as leave after being quite sick Thursday afternoon/evening. Sickness doesn't seem to be improving anymore so still struggling to eat and do normal things. DH is away Tuesday to Thursday, really going to miss him being here taking care of me and doing things round the house.
Only another 8 days until our next scan, excited and nervous about it  ^pray^ both little ones are okay  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ Bump is starting to grow although most clothes stop it being visible, am getting quite limited as to which clothes still fit me. Soon be going shopping me thinks as don't want to risk not having anything suitable for the office.
I'm so looking forward to telling everyone, did tell another close friend yesterday who was very excited for us. DH and I have been together so long that think it was just assumed we didn't want kids rather than having problems ttc. We seem to hve known for so long that it's seems strange that we haven't told everyone yet.
Lots of ironing to do so need to motivate myself to move off this very comfy sofa  ;D

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^
PompeyD

Online PompeyD

• Gold Member
12 Weeks pregnant!!!!  ^milestone^ ^milestone^ ^milestone^ ^milestone^ ^milestone^ ^milestone^ ^milestone^ ^milestone^ ^milestone^ ^milestone^ ^milestone^ ^milestone^ ^milestone^ ^milestone^ ^milestone^ ^milestone^ ^milestone^ ^milestone^ ^milestone^ ^milestone^ ^milestone^ ^milestone^ ^milestone^ ^milestone^ ^milestone^

So happy to have got to this point, just  ^pray^ ^pray^ they are both okay next Monday at the scan  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

DH has gone away for a few days, missing him loads already  ^eyes^

Online PompeyD

• Gold Member
[fly] ^reiki^ ^reiki^ 12 weeks 6 days pregnant - Scan day  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ [/fly]

Today was nuchal scan and blood testing & I was so nervous this morning, felt sick but no change there. Our appointment wasn't until 11am and so DH had to go into work before. I had taken the day off as didn't think I'd be able to concentrate.
Luckily there was no need for worrying, both twins are growing well and are facing each other at the moment. Very cute  :) I could have watched them all day stretching and moving around, as she had 2 to measure we did get to see them for quite a while. The nuchal fluid measurements were both about 2 which she seemed happy with. I've got one anterior & one posterior placenta, which may mean I don't feel them move as early but have too wait and see. One twin was about 66mm and the other was 67mm. After the scan I had the blood test done for the second part of the nuchal testing, we'll hear within 7 days if there's a problem so hoping not to hear  ^pray^ Veins were being co-operative today so only one attempt needed  :)
We've got a cd with pictures and moving clips which I keep looking at & we can finally tell everyone. Feels like we've known for so long it's lovely to be able to share the news  :)

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^
PompeyD

Online PompeyD

• Gold Member
[fly] ^reiki^ ^reiki^ 13 weeks 5 days pregnant  ^reiki^ ^reiki^[/fly]
Really enjoying the long weekend  :) Saw my sister and niece and nephew on Good Friday so finally got to tell my niece and nephew, they are both really looking forward to having twin cousins. Nephew wants boys or one of each and niece girls or one of each so one or both of them will be happy. DH did an Easter Egg hunt for them which they really enjoyed, can't wait to be able to do one for our own in a few years  :)
M/S is pretty much just nausea now but still really tired come the evening, can't remember last time I managed to stay up past 9 o'clock. Going out to dinner with friends has no chance at the moment as I'd be asleep by starter  ;D I'm really starting to notice my bump growing although it's not noticable to anyone else as clothes hide it. I don't have much in the way of trousers/skirts that still fit so planning on going shopping tomorrow. My football top is tight but hopefully it will be okay for Wembley next weekend, that's going to be a long day and my back is already aching in the afternoons. This worries me as it isn't having to cope with a bump or extra weight yet  :-\
DH's MIL was admitted to hospital again this week, she has ongoing poor health so always worried about her. Off up the hospital in a minute so hoping she's improving  ^reiki^ ^pray^

Hope all my FF are having a lovely Easter and lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ to those having tx at the moment.

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^
PompeyD

Online PompeyD

• Gold Member
[fly] ^reiki^ ^reiki^ 15 weeks 5 days pregnant  ^reiki^ ^reiki^[/fly]

Despite MIL being discharged from hospital and looking like she was okay she sadly died on 9th April  :'( It's been a difficult time and there has been a lot to do, funeral is this Thursday which is going to be hard. She was so happy that she was going to be a Granny and really sad she wont get to meet them  :'(
I have been really busy with work which has left me tired out in the evenings when I want to be doing more round the house. The sickness is now just occasional nausea, but haven't been sick for over a week now  ^reiki^ and I'm not tired like I was.
Twin bump and boobs have both been growing the last couple of weeks, need to get some maternity tops as mine are struggling to go over my bump now. I've lost my ability to breathe my tummy in and I'm more aware of it, but love it  :) Not feeling sick has allowed me to start enjoying my pregnancy which I really wanted to be able to do. DH is loving all the changes too  :)
I've got midwife appointment on 28th and Twin parenting classes in May. Had my nuchal scan tests back as low risk for both babies  :) Will be nice to have date for 20 week scan, can't wait to see them again and hopefully find out if boys/girls. I am slightly nervous about scan too, but normal for me to be worrying about something  ::)

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^
PompeyD

Online PompeyD

• Gold Member
 [fly]^reiki^ ^reiki^ 16 weeks 5 days pregnant  ^reiki^ ^reiki^[/fly]
It's been a hard week especially the funeral, was very proud of how well DH coped. We spent a nice day together yesterday going down the beach and eating ice cream, DH pushchair spotting. Strange how last year I would have found the sight of pushchairs everyone really upsetting and now looking at different makes and twin spotting.
My bump has grown a lot in the last week so I now look pregnant rather than I've just eaten too much  ;D Bought a couple of maternity tops yesterday and my sister has given me all her maternity clothes that she's been keeping for the last 6 years! Just need another top or 2 for work as finding a lot of my clothes aren't long enough to reach properly over my bump.
I've got my next midwife appointment on Wednesday, not sure what will happen at it but looking forward to it anyway. Hoping I get the date for my 20 week scan soon, so want to see them again.
Went to visit my sister today, my niece measured my bump with her finger measuring system, all very scientific  ;D Today the circle round my bump is 67 fingers, she's so sweet  :)
Need to do a bit of ironing before I fall asleep so better get on with it.

Sending lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ &  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ to my FFs. Special  ^pray^ to those FFs cycling at the moment  ^reiki^ ^reiki^
 ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^
PompeyD

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal