* Author Topic: PompeyD's 1st ICSI - Prostap, Puregon, Ovitrelle & Cyclogest - BFP - Twins!!!  (Read 10808 times)

0 Members

Offline PompeyD

• Gold Member
  • I like bubbles ending in a 2 or a 7, thanks
^storkgirl^ ^storkgirl^  35 weeks pregnant ^storkgirl^ ^storkgirl^
Struggling to type on my laptop now as my bump gets in the way, good job I haven't got a massive bump or I'd have been typing one handed a long time ago. Waist measurement is now 43 inches and I've put on 2 stone, no swelling and blood pressure is still normal so all good  ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Went to see my midwife today so got to hear their heartbeats again, also got to ask all my questions. Was there a while  ;D  Talked about whether breech twin 2 is likely to turn if I have a natural delivery, I'll be discussing all this with my consultant next Monday but wanted to have someone else's opinion too. Anyway as breech positions go Cream, if she stays where she is, seems to be ready to follow the feet of her sister round and out. I don't have any strong preference as to how they are delivered, just want them to be safe  ^pray^
Peaches is 2/5ths engaged now so no way she's giving up being first out if I have a natural delivery  ;D  Neither DH or myself have had any doubts about our name choices for a couple of weeks now so don't think they'll be any late changes. Definitely wont be from me!
Had a good weekend, tried not to do too much but just seeing people is enough to tire me out. Seeing friends tomorrow and Thursday afternoon too but they will only be short visits. Bit nervous about how I'm going to cope with newborn twins and lots of people wanting to visit. I've found visiting newborns too hard in recent years so not sure how people cope with it  :-\
How much sleep I get varies from night to night, always waking up at least a few times as my hips and pelvis get sore. Bump seems to be much harder at night which makes is painful to move it. Whichever twin is underneath is never happy and they do seem quite nocturnal, hope that doesn't continue when they're born  ;D

Sending lots of luck and baby dust to FFs having treatment, hope you're celebrating your BFPs really soon  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^
PompeyD

Offline PompeyD

• Gold Member
^storkgirl^ ^storkgirl^  35 weeks and 6 days pregnant ^storkgirl^ ^storkgirl^
So today was my last growth scan and consultant appointment, so happy that we've made it this far through the pregnancy. Really thought I'd have had them by now. Also I'm okay to try for a natural delivery, nervous and excited about this. Was concerned about twin 2 being breach but consultant happy for me to be induced, prepared that it may end up in c-section though.
Booked in for induction 12 noon on 20th September, got to ring an hour before to check they are okay for me to go in so may get put back. That's all still 2 weeks away so chance that they might decide that they want to meet us before then.
Estimated weights from todays scan were 4lb7oz for Peaches and 4lb15oz for Cream. Got a nice photo of Cream's foot in Peaches face  ;D  I've had the same lovely sonographer for the last few scans and nice to know that the same person has been measuring them. Consultant was happy with their growth pattern too  :)
Sleeping for no more than a couple of hours at a time, miss DH when one of us sleeps in the spare room but don't want him shattered before the girls are born. Stretch marks have started to make a slight appearance, think I've been lucky to get away without them for this long though. Bump has started to drop and is feeling heavy now, not surprising with about 9.5lb of baby in there  :o
Part of me is sad that the pregnancy is nearly over but so happy that I've got to experience it. I can't believe how quickly it has gone and that our girls will soon be here  :)

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^
PompeyD

Offline PompeyD

• Gold Member
^storkgirl^ ^storkgirl^  36 weeks and 4 days pregnant ^storkgirl^ ^storkgirl^
No sign of the girls making an appearance, although my bump does regularly go hard now, not just at night and is a lot lower than it was. Also getting more AF type pains so not sure if cervix is starting to shorten/dilate. Pelvis can no longer cope and so walking is very difficult but not as bad as trying to turn over or sit up if I'm laid down. Nights are not good, spend most of the time trying to get up to go to the loo and then getting laid back down again. Can't do this without DH helping so he isn't getting any sleep either. Hoping Peaches will move again and it will improve but if it's due to her engaging further that's not going to happen. See my midwife on Tuesday so hoping she might be able to help, not sure how I'm going to get there at the moment though  :-\ 
Lunch didn't stay down long for some reason and really struggled to get back up after, DH had left to go to football after I said I was fine  ::)  hoping the rest of the day is less eventful. Guess I'm going to have to try and make myself something else to eat, stomach is squashed now and miss the days of the 2nd trimester when I just wanted to eat.
Feeling better about the birth now, the nerves seem to have passed and I'm back to looking forward to meeting my girls. Only another 8 days until I'm induced  :)

Got everything crossed for my FFs cycling at the moment and sending babydust your way......

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^
Pompey

Offline PompeyD

• Gold Member
^storkgirl^ ^storkgirl^  37 weeks and 1 day pregnant ^storkgirl^ ^storkgirl^
 ^milestone^ we've made it to full term  ^party^ never thought we'd get to full term but so happy that we have  :)  Twin 2 gave us a scare on Monday when I couldn't get her to move, she normally wriggles loads in the morning. Nothing I tried worked, she started moving as soon as they put the heart monitors on me at the hospital. Was so relieved as was really worried. She's been back to her normal moving patterns since then so not sure what was going on.
Had my last midwife appointment yesterday so got to hear the heartbeats again  :)  Twin 1 is now 4/5ths engaged which would explain the increased pelvic pain. It has settled down from how bad it was a few days ago but turning over at night and trying to get myself up is so painful. Might be saying it didn't hurt at all this time next week  ;D  My blood pressure had dropped to 85/60 yesterday and have been feeling tired which might be down to that as well as not being able to sleep for more than an hour at a time.
Midwife said maternity at hospital was really busy at the moment so I'm prepared to get put back when I call on Monday, hope it doesn't get delayed to much as I'm keen to meet my girls  :)

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^
Pompey

Offline PompeyD

• Gold Member
^storkgirl^ ^storkgirl^  37 weeks and 5 days pregnant ^storkgirl^ ^storkgirl^
So last day at home nearly over and tomorrow I'm due to be induced. Have spent today doing all the last bits of 'nesting' with a lot of help from DH who has been great  ^smlove^  so we're as ready as we're ever going to be.
Feeling quite relaxed about the birth now all the panic seems to have passed, wouldn't be suprised if it's back in the morning  ;D
Going to call the hospital about 10am to check they still want me to go in, if not DH can go to work as pointless being off before he needs to be. Both babies are currently moving lots, keen to come out hopefully  ^reiki^  My tummy is very tender around my belly button, may be due to stretched skin being on the receiving end of my little cream's hands.
Big thanks to all my FFs who have been so supportive and sent me good wishes, hope those still waiting are all holding little bundles before too long. Special positive vibes to my good FFs Arnie and Kitten who are both PUPO with lovely embies  ^pray^  for BFPs for you both xxx

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^
PompeyD

Offline PompeyD

• Gold Member

^pinkted^ ^daisy^ ^storkgirl^ ^cloud9^ ^bunny^ ^itsagirl^ ^itsagirl^ ^bunny^ ^cloud9^ ^storkgirl^ ^daisy^ ^pinkted^

I'm so pleased to announce the safe arrival of Sophie Amelia 4lb 8oz and Mia Sienna 5lb 4oz on 21st September 2010

^pinkted^ ^daisy^ ^storkgirl^ ^cloud9^ ^bunny^ ^itsagirl^ ^itsagirl^ ^bunny^ ^cloud9^ ^storkgirl^ ^daisy^ ^pinkted^

Although not the most straightforward of births both my girls were delivered safely. Sophie assisted natural delivery and Mia by an emergency c section, both are doing well and after nearly a week in hospital we are all home and adjusting to being a family. I have very sleepy babies and an amazing DH which is helping to speed up my recovery  :)

Thank you all for reading my diary and your support in helping me achieve my family, hope you all achieve yours really soon xxx

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^
PompeyD

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal