* Author Topic: 45+ Still trying donor eggs/OE/Surrogacy Part 1  (Read 103857 times)

0 Members

Offline sky7

modify
Re: 45+ Still trying donor eggs/OE/Surrogacy Part 1
« Reply #470 on: 16/03/11, 09:58 »
Hello All

Sorry for not posting, been extremely busy at work, not had a day off really since Christmas.  But thankfully now on maternity leave and hopefully will get everything sorted before my due date.  Things are still very busy at work but just had to draw a line and say I cannot carry on working silly hours and not getting any preparations for the new arrival done at home.  Also my blood pressure started to rise due to work stress, it transpires as once I had finished work it came down again.

It has taken me a few hours to catch up with everyone and it has been difficult to keep track of what everyone is up to.  I don't want to rake up all the sad feelings, so will just say to those of you who have had bad news and have been extremely upset that I can empathise with you and I am sorry for all your heartache, but please don't give up on moving forward to other options or trying again in time.

Congratulations to all of you with BFPs since I last posted and good luck to all of you now going to IB and/or awaiting to test.  I can remember as though it was yesterday the wait between transfer and test day.  I would urge you to stay away from the pee sticks as some of you may remember I took one the morning of the blood test and it was a BFN so had convinced myself the blood test would be bad news.     Congratulations to the new arrivals your babies look lovely.     Malabar Girl - not long now for you.  Your due date is the day after me, but in view of what you have said you will be having your bundle of joy sooner.  I wish you all the luck for the natural birth you desire.     Sarana - Congratulations on your BFP I know we have pm each other in the past.     KateyP - Congratulations on your BFP      LadyBert - I read your post about lining.  I was originally going to go with Shady Grove in the US last year but they said my lining on the mock cycle had to be at least 8 and I only got to 7.6.  They then moved the goal posts and said we had to pay for all medication separately.  I was so upset.  One of the Sonographers at the clinic I was using here (Care) to have my scans suggested I went to Spain as she said they seemed to be happy with lining of over 7.  So I did and looked on FF and found a good thread about Institute Bernabeau in Alicante and we went out there.  Again they insisted on a mock cycle and all went well.  They said that the thickness was not the real issue, the issue was whether the lining quality was right and that it was trilaminar - ie it had 3 stripes and mine did so even though it was not over 8 at the required time they were happy with it and they transferred two Grade A embryos last June and here I am pregnant with a little baby now just over 38 weeks.  I also had acupuncture during the time I was building my lining, so not sure if this was the key or not.       Jules3Be - so excited for you and your twins  how are you doing?     Malabar Girl - My Consultant too has said there is no need for C Section, I thought they would insist due to my age, but apparently not.  I hope you had a lovely time on your cruise.  I too am the big 50 this year in October and I we had planned to celebrate my birthday in Perth, Aus this had been arranged with my sister for the past 11 years who lives about 2 hours north of Sydney.  Our baby will be about 6 months old when we fly so we are planning to fly to Sydney and spend time with family and my sister and then fly or cruise to Perth for my birthday in mid October and then fly back from Perth at the end of October.  I am then back to work at the beginning of November.  We are hoping to spend about 6-8 weeks in Aus so looking forward to it.  My sister has been on to me to emigrate but I fear we are now too old.     Anyway good luck to all and I will keep up with the thread from now on, although my due date is fast approaching so may go AWOL for a week or so.     Sky7     

Offline sky7

modify
« Reply #471 on: 16/03/11, 10:02 »
HI All

Sorry for my last post being all jumbled up.  Not sure how that happened as I started on a new line every time??

Sky7

Offline jules3be

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #472 on: 16/03/11, 10:23 »
 Hi everyone

Maya and Stefan born at 15.25 (Stefan) weighing 2345 Kilos and Maya at 15.26 weighing 2018 Kilos, on 7th March 2011. Pics below

http://s1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb407/jules3be/"

Everything went well and I spent 3 nights in hospital before returning home on Thursday evening.

I will be posting my birth story on the birth story thread once I work out how to do that!

Haven't had chance to read back but will do later

Love Jules xxx

Offline malabar girl

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #473 on: 16/03/11, 10:29 »
KateyP congrats

Hi everyone else and good to hear from you sky.

AFM this will be my last post till the baby is born. I am going into hospital at 2pm  thursday and preparing for an induction on friday so my baby will soon be here As I do not know the gender so everyone is guessing. I am going for a natural so lets see what happens and if it is over the 10lbs.

Good luck everyone and catch up with you soon.

Offline sky7

modify
« Reply #474 on: 16/03/11, 15:37 »
Congratulations Jules3be - the twins are lovely.

Malabar Girl - Good luck for Thursday and the birth.

Sky7

Offline posybluebird

modify
« Reply #475 on: 16/03/11, 18:31 »
Good luck Malabar! Go girl! All the best wishes for a good birth xx Jules the twins are gorgeous . \lucky you -and lucky them!

Offline kizzymouse

• Gold Member
  • I'M A MUMMY!!...AT LAST!!
modify
« Reply #476 on: 16/03/11, 22:24 »
Malabar girl - good luck for thursday/friday  ^hugme^ ^reiki^
Jules - love the pics of the twinnies  :)

Offline fudgeywudge

• Un-Ranked
modify
« Reply #477 on: 17/03/11, 11:50 »
Hi, I'm new to FF and have just found this thread.Hope you don't mind if I talk about my journey so far.I am now 46 and DP is a little older.In 2004 we were accepted onto the list for donor eggs at our chosen clinic.We have always had to use donor egg and we are very grateful to the ladies who are willing to donate their eggs.Our 1st cycle, in 2006, resulted in the donor not responding to treatment and therefore having no eggs for us,2nd cycle in 2007 resulted in BFP but had m/c at 6 weeks, 3rd cycle BFN, 4th cycle in 2009 resulted in BFP but m/c at 11 weeks but baby had stopped growing at 8 weeks, 5th cycle no eggs, 6th cycle Feb/March 2011 on 2ww at present with 2 embies on board.OTD 25th March.
Getting slightly worried as have had no symptoms yet, but on all my previous cycles have always had something.This 2ww is really dragging and am thinking the worst, need to get myself some pma.Sorry for the long post just wanted to tell you a bit about myself xx

Offline AliG63

modify
« Reply #478 on: 17/03/11, 22:54 »
CONGRATULATIONS Jules3be. what absolute beauties. Hard going by the sound of it, but well worth the wait! .u must be Soooo proud! :)

Good luck Malabar. Fingers (and toes!) crossed for you  ^pray^

Good luck all us girlies trying for a little one! ;)
 Ali xx

Offline AliG63

modify
« Reply #479 on: 17/03/11, 22:59 »
Fudgeywudge-   Sorry, didn't forget you. You've had such a horrible time. So difficult. try and keep your chin up babe. Really, really hope it works out this time. lots of prayers ^pray^ and hugs ^hugme^
Ali xxx

* Search

Recent Topics

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal