* Author Topic: 45+ Still trying donor eggs/OE/Surrogacy Part 1  (Read 138457 times)

0 Members

Offline Lirac

• Gold Member
modify
Re: 45+ Still trying donor eggs/OE/Surrogacy Part 1
« Reply #610 on: 23/05/11, 20:57 »
Hi Kate,
You have an almost identical history to me, including the late marriage (mine was 2007) the natural p/g followed by m/c and then a successful DEIVF. Fab news about the twins and sending lots of  ^reiki^  for your next scan.
Other forums you might find supportive are the pregnancy after loss thread and the abroadies bumps and babes.
I know what you mean about all the youngsters on the bfp threads but there are lots of us 'oldies' around and when you come to give birth you will find that you are not really in a minority at all!
Lirac x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Helen3

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #611 on: 24/05/11, 08:56 »
    Wow, Kate & Lirac,
    It's so great to hear your stories. I met my DH late too (at 42), so I hope our fertility journey will be like yours too
    Good luck Kate, we'll all be gunning for you. Keep us posted.
    x

Offline Bevster

modify
    « Reply #612 on: 24/05/11, 15:49 »
    Hi Kate, Lirac and Helen,

I think we are all in the same boat here, so to speak. 

I met my DH when I was 39 and have been ttc since then. Conceived at naturally at 45 and m/c at 8.5 weeks. 
    So 2 IVF attempts later we are now down the doner eggs road with doner found and just about to start the process.

Unfortunately we can't map our lives out as I'm sure in an ideal world we would have all met our DH earlier and had our
    families by now, but that's not how it works which is a shame, but I'm sure we'll all get there in the end.

We have to keep positive and live in hope and as the saying goes 'it's not over until the fat lady sings'    ^pray^

Good luck Kate - fingers crossed all goes well for you and best of luck to everyone else.
    xx

Offline jules3be

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #613 on: 24/05/11, 16:17 »
    Hi everyone - I also met my DH when I was 41.  took 3 years to persuade him to let me try for a baby and by then my eggs were obviously not good enough quality as had 2 early losses and one blighted ovum at 10.5 weeks.  Success first time with DEIVF though!  Good luck to you all.

xx

Offline Angels4Me

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #614 on: 24/05/11, 23:03 »
    Bevster: good luck  ^hugme^

I also met my DP age 42! we have been ttc ever since also.

Offline Bevster

modify
    « Reply #615 on: 25/05/11, 14:12 »
    Angels4Me - Good luck to you too, let's hope we have sucess! ^pray^

Offline kizzymouse

• Gold Member
    • I'M A MUMMY!!...AT LAST!!
    modify
    « Reply #616 on: 25/05/11, 15:32 »
    good luck to all you lovely ladies  :) ^reiki^ ^pray^

Offline wannabemomagain

modify
    « Reply #617 on: 26/05/11, 07:20 »
    Dear Ladies,
    Looking for some information on Iscare Lighthouse in Prague. My husband and I were in Cyprus in April for DE transfer that did not go well. We probably didn't research the clinic well enough and found that things we a did a bit confusing and rushed without any real system to it. We are now in contact with clinics i Czech because it's easier to get back and forth from there and we don't want to go back to Cyprus. It seems like clinics are very similar in the way of patient coordinators. They don't seem to have any real medical background when you talk to them and can't answer a lot of questions.  Is this the way with them all? Or is it just me ? ^idiot^
    I have a wonderful husband who for a long time just wasn't ready to understand that I'm not the 22 year old he met and then lost for a long time. Which is a amazing but it took a long time for him to understand some of my bits and pieces just are not what they used to be. So now that we are doing DE and have had such a dissappointing experience we are really cautious about who we should go to next.
    So if any of you have any tips about this clinic or any others in Czech we would really appreciate any input. :)

Good luck to you all,
    T

Offline Helen3

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #618 on: 26/05/11, 11:07 »
    I have heard good things about Reprofit (Czech) or Serum (Athens).

Good luck

Offline jules3be

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #619 on: 26/05/11, 11:11 »
    Wannabemomagain - I can strongly recommend Gennet Clinic in Prague. They are very professional and experienced - it has been a clinic for foetal medicine I believe for a long time.  Obviously I am biased as I had such a good experience but would have gone back even if the first attempt had not been successful.  There is a Gennet clinic thread on here, not sure how to post the link?

xx

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal