* Author Topic: 45+ Still trying donor eggs/OE/Surrogacy Part 1  (Read 99429 times)

0 Members

Offline Helen3

• Gold Member
modify
Re: 45+ Still trying donor eggs/OE/Surrogacy Part 1
« Reply #610 on: 21/05/11, 23:09 »
Good luck Violet!
I like your attitude!
Where & with whom are you having acupuncture? I am interested in doing this next time but didn't enjoy it before so am a bit wary.

Offline malabar girl

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #611 on: 22/05/11, 05:07 »
HI everyone glad to see this site is getting more active.
Congrats Sarana I am so happy for you. You never know I may have another go at DEIVF latter this year not sure if I don't try sooner rather then later I will be over the age limmit for my clinic ( will keep you posted)

AliG63 My Charlotte was from Frozen I had no sucsess with the fresh one before her. So keep positive and I had thai massage before my transfer so I believe that helped.

Good luck everyone

Offline AliG63

modify
« Reply #612 on: 22/05/11, 09:01 »
thanks Malabar. that's good to hear. Will bear the massage in mind! :) Need anything that'll help me
relax.  Ali Xx ^hugme^  good luck everyone!

Offline katemc

• Un-Ranked
modify
« Reply #613 on: 23/05/11, 20:50 »
Hi Everyone
Haven't been on since I got my BFP result.  Am now 3 days away from 12 weeks with twins  ;D  I'm 46 and this was our first attempt at DEIVF.  Started late in life as only met my husband 5 years ago, married in 2008, conceived naturally at 43, miscarried at 10 weeks (partial molar).  Our fertility doctor recommended Donor Eggs.  He suggested IVI in spain.  Went to Barcelona, didn't shop around actually. We were so new to it all, we assumed that's all there was!!!!.  Anyway, 2 transfers and 5 frozen.  I honestly built myself up for it not happening first time. Still pinching myself but  on tenterhooks from scan to scan!!!!.  Nausea has been awful but I don't care.  I'm delighted I came aross this forum again and congrats to all of you who gave birth in your late 40s and early 50s.  I went onto another forum and in the section 'December babies', all the ladies listed their due date and their age.  Not one over 29 lol!!!  Best of luck to everyone trying.  xxx

Offline Lirac

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #614 on: 23/05/11, 20:57 »
Hi Kate,
You have an almost identical history to me, including the late marriage (mine was 2007) the natural p/g followed by m/c and then a successful DEIVF. Fab news about the twins and sending lots of  ^reiki^  for your next scan.
Other forums you might find supportive are the pregnancy after loss thread and the abroadies bumps and babes.
I know what you mean about all the youngsters on the bfp threads but there are lots of us 'oldies' around and when you come to give birth you will find that you are not really in a minority at all!
Lirac x

Offline Helen3

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #615 on: 24/05/11, 08:56 »
Wow, Kate & Lirac,
It's so great to hear your stories. I met my DH late too (at 42), so I hope our fertility journey will be like yours too
Good luck Kate, we'll all be gunning for you. Keep us posted.
x

Offline Bevster

modify
« Reply #616 on: 24/05/11, 15:49 »
Hi Kate, Lirac and Helen,

I think we are all in the same boat here, so to speak. 

I met my DH when I was 39 and have been ttc since then. Conceived at naturally at 45 and m/c at 8.5 weeks. 
So 2 IVF attempts later we are now down the doner eggs road with doner found and just about to start the process.

Unfortunately we can't map our lives out as I'm sure in an ideal world we would have all met our DH earlier and had our
families by now, but that's not how it works which is a shame, but I'm sure we'll all get there in the end.

We have to keep positive and live in hope and as the saying goes 'it's not over until the fat lady sings'    ^pray^

Good luck Kate - fingers crossed all goes well for you and best of luck to everyone else.
xx

Offline jules3be

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #617 on: 24/05/11, 16:17 »
Hi everyone - I also met my DH when I was 41.  took 3 years to persuade him to let me try for a baby and by then my eggs were obviously not good enough quality as had 2 early losses and one blighted ovum at 10.5 weeks.  Success first time with DEIVF though!  Good luck to you all.

xx

Offline Angels4Me

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #618 on: 24/05/11, 23:03 »
Bevster: good luck  ^hugme^

I also met my DP age 42! we have been ttc ever since also.

Offline Bevster

modify
« Reply #619 on: 25/05/11, 14:12 »
Angels4Me - Good luck to you too, let's hope we have sucess! ^pray^

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal