* Author Topic: 2nd IVF Funding - Feedback please  (Read 56615 times)

0 Members

Offline Sam76

• Gold Member
modify
Re: 2nd IVF Funding - Feedback please
« Reply #170 on: 7/04/10, 21:45 »
Kara -  thanks - that link (http://www.writetothem.com/) is fantastic - it makes it so quick and easy to write to AM and MP (sets out letter format and everything!) would def recommend it to anyone thinking about writing.

I've sent email to my AM (Irene James) and MP (Don Touhig). I asked for help in establishing exactly what the announcement ('access to treatment from April') meant and asked questions about what's happening, who to contact for more info etc and rounded it off with the following...
"Undergoing fertility treatment is unpleasant and stressful at the best of times. The hopes raised following the announcement have been cruelly dashed by the current uncertainty and lack of information for patients."

Fingers crossed that like you, I'll get a response soon.... Will keep you all posted....

Jules - good luck with your follow-up hun xx Let us know how you get on and whether they're able to give you any more info. xx
R - I understand completely - no worries - I'd have thought that they would be interested in getting people's stories more than names. I'm happy for my name to be given (wouldn't fancy having my pic taken tho  ;D ) Keep me posted if you contact paper, otherwise I'll contact them at the end of next week. If it takes as long as i think it might to get appointment for 2nd cycle i think we'll probably be self-funding next cycle too... I'm enjoying having something to focus on! xx

This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityFriends.co.uk or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Offline ratsy

• Gold Member
  • ratsy
modify
« Reply #171 on: 7/04/10, 21:54 »
Ah bless your mum and dad  ^hugme^ loving the grammer typical parents  ;D

Yes i think so i spoke to nurse (dont want to mention names ) and she asked when i was 40 i said next year and she said oh it will be nearly 40s first so i class that as people who only got months till 40

Ive had my immunes tested as i have problems with my immune system it attacks embies so ive just paid 1720 for these blood tests and the results last for around 6mths or il need them tested again .so my money will be wasted .and somehow i dont think it will be sorted in 6 mths

myself and dp been talking im 39 in july and dont really want to wait another yr to have tx as il def be nearing 40 its just wasting time we think why wait till 40 when i can have it in july my mum said just book it and wel sort it out between us so im going for my follow up in london on fri and il go from there

Im gutted but what can i do  :(

Il help as best i can tho  ^hugme^

R  :-* x

Offline jk1

• Gold Member
  • Praying that we will get our miracle one day xx
modify
« Reply #172 on: 7/04/10, 22:19 »
R - i'm gutted for you too - but fingers crossed you won't need another cycle after this one anyway so it will be worth it in the end! xx

Offline Sam76

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #173 on: 7/04/10, 22:29 »
^hugme^ xx  hoping that things get sorted one way or the other hun x Good luck for FU on Friday x

Offline ratsy

• Gold Member
  • ratsy
modify
« Reply #174 on: 7/04/10, 22:34 »
Thanks girls  ^hugme^

I think il write to the  ^Queen^ she might sort it for us ya reckon  ;D ;D ;D

God you got to laugh or youl cry

R x

Offline Sam76

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #175 on: 7/04/10, 22:59 »
if you're in London on Friday perhaps you can pop to the palace and have a word  ;) x

Offline Wrighty

• FET either 15th or 17th of feb woohoooo
modify
« Reply #176 on: 8/04/10, 01:28 »
hello all

sorry i havent been on for a few day. I've been really busy.

I can see a few of you have been busy aswell.
I've sent emails to my AM Karen Sinclair, my Mp Martyn Jones and Edwina Hart hope to hear something back very soon

will post as soon as i hear ok

anita x

Offline ratsy

• Gold Member
  • ratsy
modify
« Reply #177 on: 8/04/10, 18:26 »
Hi girls

Ive had 3 e-mails back from my local AM 

One has attached to the e-mail the letter he has already written to the health minister WHOO HOO  , It was fab he even put under it a list of questions that we need answering  :)

He wrote at the bottom he cant understand how given 5 mths no staff have been trained knowing they were to recieve this funding  :) how good is he huh

Im still waiting on edwina heart  ???

Hope rest of you have had good news

:-* x

Offline jk1

• Gold Member
  • Praying that we will get our miracle one day xx
modify
« Reply #178 on: 8/04/10, 19:44 »
Hello - i got that e-mail too R - the one with the letter to Edwina Hart - it was the e-mail i sent to him!! hahaha - i think he virtually just copy and pasted it!!! hahaha

Only had acknowledgment e-mails from the others saying they will look into it for us

Jo xx

Offline Sam76

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #179 on: 8/04/10, 20:28 »
Great to hear you're getting responses - and just goes to show that it's worth lots of people contacting same person (even if that does mean they copy and paste  ;) ) it means that we know that the right questions are being asked.

I am disappointed (although DH says he isn't at all surprised) that I haven't even had an acknowledgement for the emails I sent. Both AM and MP are in pretty safe seats and MP is standing down at the election so I'm fearing that they're a bloody waste a space  >:( (and certainly won't be getting my vote!) Will give them another day to send some kind of response and will be taking their numbers with me to Scotland if I don't hear from them!

will keep you posted....

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal