* Author Topic: 2nd IVF Funding - Feedback please  (Read 56972 times)

0 Members

Offline PixTrix

• Gold Member
  • ♥♥♥ ☺ My Furbabies ☺ ♥♥♥
modify
Re: 2nd IVF Funding - Feedback please
« Reply #80 on: 1/04/10, 15:48 »
Great as usual Kara, thanks

So sorry they didn't show you Sam. I'm sure you will come in very handy another time

Offline ratsy

• Gold Member
  • ratsy
modify
« Reply #81 on: 1/04/10, 19:04 »
Hi girls

Had my appointment with JE  today wasnt good news really  :(

She dosnt even know when they they will be starting basically they need new staff new premises and the nearly 40 first and people with low egg reserve and they will be going back 6 yrs , So people could be phoning up who had tx 5 yrs ago and couldnt afford anymore and now nearly 40 and be before me

I thought being 39 july i would be one of them but it dosnt look like ,Think  im in queue as same as everybody i dont think im classed as nearly 40

So were paying private for next go as i havnt got time to wait  im an oldie  :(

I wish you all well on your fertility journey and hope you all get your longed for bfps

Love n luck

Ratsy  :) xxx

Offline Beanieb

modify
« Reply #82 on: 1/04/10, 21:32 »
Just watched this - Marvelous. Too late for me (it's my 40th Birthday on 4th April) but I know one person for whom this will be fantastic news as well as several people on here. :)

Offline Jule

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #83 on: 1/04/10, 21:33 »
oh thats really disappointing ratsy. I would have thought you would have been one of the priorities also a bit of a worry if all that needs sorting first.  I was under the impression the new unit is finished, is that not right?

Offline ratsy

• Gold Member
  • ratsy
modify
« Reply #84 on: 1/04/10, 21:42 »
I think they want knew premises she said they havnt got any they see 279 patients a yr and there will be loads more they havnt got room in this clinic she didnt even mention the new unit she just said premises so im not sure what happening and she said they will need new staff aswel they havnt had them yet

First off we were going to wait a month but dp said he doubts it will be even sorted by then i really believe JE  really didnt know herself , she just said i really dont know when  :(

R xx

Offline Jule

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #85 on: 1/04/10, 21:46 »
oh no that is such a shame i really thought after all that hard work it really would all fall into place for everyone, that is so disapointing for you  :( lets hope it is not as long as you think  ^pray^

Offline Sam76

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #86 on: 1/04/10, 21:47 »
Ratsy - i got exactly same impression on Tuesday...

unfortunately, i can't see how it can be resolved quickly - with currently staffing and space, there's only so much they can do :( hopefully they'll be able to give us an update soon so that at least people know where they stand. I don't think it's the clinic that's holding things up - i think that things need to be agreed by hospital management - don't think the restructuring has helped either!

here's hoping we get some news soon... and that it's good news xx

Offline Jule

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #87 on: 1/04/10, 21:50 »
no im sure its not the clinic, its money for them so its their gain but if other things are in the way its difficult,not easy for you guys though  ^hugme^

Offline ratsy

• Gold Member
  • ratsy
modify
« Reply #88 on: 1/04/10, 21:59 »
Jule / sam

Yes i agree its not clinic soon as i sat down JE  said i see you can have the 2nd funding so she was keen to tell me this

But as i said in post im 39 in july ooh i hate saying that  ;D . It could take mths to organise which i can fully understand dp said youve got to be realistic they cant just recieve funding and then right were ready to go he said the staff will have to be trained and new premises sorted with scan machines and so on

So i dont want to be nearly 40 before i have another go ive got to be realistic and try this summer

R xx

Offline ANDI68

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #89 on: 2/04/10, 10:27 »
Sorry to butt in here ladies, reading your concerns about the clinic not coping and some ladies missing out on their deserved treatment.  Would you consider a different clinic in Wales that can accommodate you before your time runs out ... is that an option?

* Search

Recent Topics

Craftsy: Free Cake Decorating Classes

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal