* Author Topic: How DO you take Utrogestan?  (Read 9023 times)

0 Members

Offline Hope297

modify
How DO you take Utrogestan?
« on: 7/04/10, 11:48 »
I've received my meds today and of course the instructions are all in CZ. Are they oral tablets or should you insert them??? (if so front or back?)

Sorry to be so thick!!

Hope

Offline bingbong

• On Hiatus
modify
Re: How DO you take Utrogestan?
« Reply #1 on: 7/04/10, 11:56 »
Hi Hope,

Most people pop them in the front  :) I was told that swallowing them can give bad s/e's. with popping them up the front you will probably want to wear a pantyliner though  :-[

good luck
bingbong x

Offline Cozy

• Gold Member
  • ARGC, CARE, REPROFIT, Dr GORGY
modify
« Reply #2 on: 7/04/10, 13:01 »
Hope,

with Utrogestan you are advised to use them vaginally, but they are a bit messy unfortunately. I use Cyclogest as they are a little bigger and you can use them rectally and there is no mess and are easier to use.

You can take utrogestan orally, but they are reported to be not absorbed as well as vaginally and they arent applied directly to where they are needed. If you are out and about and it is not convenient to use them vaginally then take them orally.

Cozy
 :)

Offline shortie66

• Gold Member
  • My wonderful moo moo chops
modify
« Reply #3 on: 7/04/10, 21:53 »
Yes up the snatch for me too  ;D ;D ;D

Offline loobylou713

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #4 on: 8/04/10, 00:15 »
I take them orally and have had no problems with my progesterone level, only thing you will find they do make you drowsy which I love because I get a really good nights sleep.

linda
xxx

Offline Dominique

modify
« Reply #5 on: 8/04/10, 16:27 »
What about the frequency?  I wasn't told anything initially so took all 600mg at once (vaginally).  When I saw the doctor, he mentioned having the dosage spread over 3 times during the day.  I find it easier to get it all out of the way in one go so to speak.  What about you all out there.  How often do you take it?
Dominique

Offline shortie66

• Gold Member
  • My wonderful moo moo chops
modify
« Reply #6 on: 8/04/10, 16:29 »
Dominique im currently on 800mg a day, i do 2 in the morning early before i get up. One about this time and one at bedtime

Offline loobylou713

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #7 on: 8/04/10, 18:45 »
I have always taken 600mg over 3 times a day.

Linda
xxx

* Search

Recent Topics

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal