* Author Topic: Single Girls and Internet Dating Part 2  (Read 54199 times)

0 Members

Offline Diesy

• Gold Member
modify
Re: Single Girls and Internet Dating Part 2
« Reply #140 on: 17/01/12, 21:57 »
Wow Esperanza!  An inspiration you are!  Yay!  I hope your romance carries on it's sweet way.  I always worried about dating and doing tx but there, sounds like you've got it sussed  :)

Offline Thetis

• I am Spartac...err. I mean THE
  • VIP Member Sponsor
  • It's never too late to be what you might have been
modify
« Reply #141 on: 18/01/12, 06:03 »
Will have a look this weekend .... Starting resettlement now for leaving the Navy ...... Aaarrrggghhhhh have no idea as to what I want to be when I grow up!!! xxx

Offline Diesy

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #142 on: 18/01/12, 15:39 »
Mini - the world and all men in it, is your oyster!  xx

Offline DZWSingleMumma

modify
« Reply #143 on: 20/01/12, 19:35 »
So I took the plunge a few weeks ago and signed up for Zoosk.  It's been interesting.  More like facebook than Match or the other dating sites.  I am not officially dating(i.e. intending to meet anyone) till Z is 12 weeks. I met a lovely guy from Kent and we email pretty much every day. All this stuff has really got me thinking though.  And that is dangerous.   ^idiot^

I really want 2 kids and for both of them to be full siblings.  If I meet someone that may preclude that from happening.   :-\

I also don't know when it's appropriate for guys to meet my little one.  I think personally many months would have to pass.  Even being this young I don't feel comfortable with anyone forming an attachment to my little girl when dating. 

Thoughts ladies?

Dawn

Offline lulumead

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #144 on: 29/01/12, 16:27 »
Hi all

I have activated myself on match affinity for a month...not too happy with the quality on offer so far though but good practice to get back into it.

Well dome Dawn for getting on with it...I am with you on the not getting to meet LO for a long time. Partly as I would be dating as something for me but mainly because I wouldn't want someone coming into their life and disappearing.  My ex didn't introduce me to his daughter and we were together ten months....I found tha hard as I would have loved to meet her but I also had a lot of respect for him for not just bringing people into her life unless he was sure, and clearly as an ex he wasn't sure!!!
Keep us updated on your emailing.
Xxx

Offline Thetis

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #145 on: 29/01/12, 16:32 »
Good on you - still done sod all ... not sure why but can't bring myself to make that leap into the ethernet .. Think its after my crappy experience last time ....

All I can say is there's not much out there!  ;D ;D ;D   - or is it just my age ...  ::) ;)

M xxx

Offline lulumead

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #146 on: 29/01/12, 16:44 »
Hey Mini,

On stupid iPad so can't PM....all ok?

Yes, bit thin on the ground on match...am thinking of doing mysinglefriend when I do it properly as some of the men on there are tasty...sadly though all of the 40 year olds want to go out with 30 year olds, considering losing a few years off my age ;-)

Xx

Offline Thetis

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #147 on: 29/01/12, 16:59 »
Hi honey - all ok this end ...  ::)

Thinking along the lines of mysinglefriend too - seems a lot better but have to agree - why is it the older blokes want 25 somethings ... Cheeky sods!!  ;D ;D

Mini xxx

Offline DZWSingleMumma

modify
« Reply #148 on: 29/01/12, 17:05 »
Hey Ladies,

Chickened out and have decided to give it a miss till Z is a bit older.  It got a bit too intense and took up too much head space.  I will never get back these precious months of Mat leave.  Mr Right will wait.  ;-)

Dawn

Offline Thetis

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #149 on: 30/01/12, 21:54 »
Dawn. Totally get where you're coming from.  xx

Well have spoken to my nuts friend - we're like peas in a pod - and she's gonna write me a profile for mysinglefriend - hey nothing to lose!

Mini xx

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal