* Author Topic: The Royal Infirmary Edinburgh : Part 38  (Read 125539 times)

0 Members

Offline Ceri.

• The dippy one!
  • VIP Member Sponsor
modify
The Royal Infirmary Edinburgh : Part 38
« on: 25/08/10, 22:14 »
New home ladies :)

Offline eclaire

• Gold Member
modify
Re: The Royal Infirmary Edinburgh : Part 38
« Reply #1 on: 25/08/10, 22:17 »
Just a quick message to say a massive congratulations to ReikiJan  :) ^pompom^ Here's to a very happy and healthy pregnancy  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Best wishes,
Elaine  ^daisy^

Offline macgirl

modify
« Reply #2 on: 26/08/10, 17:26 »
Hi folks

Sorry not been around for a while.  Big huge congrats to ReikiJan  ^hugme^ ;D  - fab news! 

Hi Pumpkin - how is stimming going?

Have been avoiding these forum for fear I was getting upset and obsessed but kinda need some support.  I am so peed at the ERI!!  I called on 9 July to set up and counselling appointment (with Jeanette as recommended here) and was told someone would call me back.  Heard nothing so e-mailed on the 12th and was told the counsellor was actually on holiday until August so patiently waited.  Heard nothing by 10th August so e-mailed again (apologising for e-mailing but easier than my colleagues hearing me) - no reply.  Called yesterday morning and was told someone would call me back. Nothing. Again late on this morning and again nothing.  They need a better system of scheduling appointments and I think I may write and tell them this.  God know how long it will be for the actual appointment once it is scheduled in!!  Probably Christmas............   

Want to go for counselling as though never felt I needed it before I have been in bits over the news that our best friends are pregnant.  Don't feel terribly good about it as they have been trying for over 2 years and were about to go for IVF.  It has been about 7 weeks we've known and it is not getting any easier.  Feel like no one else in our situation now - that we have lost our allies!  Burst into tears speaking to her at a wedding at the weekend and had to be retrieved from the toilet!  Also upset as feel I really embarrased myself and probably hubbie.  Had to go apologise to friend as apparently I upset her - she kept saying she still understands how I feel but I don't think she can. Doesn't help that we were due 2nd cycle and had to pull out for financial reasons and now waiting til March next year for NHS attempt.  (Oh and neighbours announed their 2nd pregnancy since we have been trying the following week!  :'( )

Had a quick trail through the end of the last thread and saw the info on the changes at ERI.  I suppose we were warned that the single transfer was on it's way but it is still completely crap!  Unbelievable what they did to you Reiki Dr Tong really has a shocking bedside manner!"  (We had similar-ish situation just before our egg collection - all set for 2 - was recommended 2 - then told at a scan that I could only have 1 due to my uterus being heart shaped  ???  then on day of ET they said we recommend 2 and let us put 2 back!).  Completely taken aback though at the drop to 2 funded cycles.  Does anyone know where this starts - is it everyone now or people who joined the waiting list after a certain July?  We self funded our first cycle (on their Bl88dy advice) and thought we could still have 2 attempts on NHS.  I will go nuts if we get told we only have one attempt - it would be so unfair to change the goalposts. I was worried that self funding delayed waiting times for NHS but apparently it doesn't otherwise I would have also felt guilty at queue jumping.

Is there BMI limit now?

Sorry for the big long me post but needed to get off my chest to someone  :-[

ps - just got the call and have an appointment booked for end Sept - too much effort now to edit above  :P   I really hope it does help!!

Offline pumpkin-pie

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #3 on: 26/08/10, 20:03 »
Macgirl - Sending you big  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ .  I can relate to how tough it must be for you just now and the waiting wont be making it any easier.  Glad you got an appointment for the counsellor and really hope that it helps you.  Sorry that its such a long wait though.   We havent been told officially about the changes in treatment it was us who asked one of the nurses, I think it applies to those people who start their first treatment after July 2010.  If you get lots of frosties then its a positive change but I think you were like me and didnt get any frosties?  i dont know how it works though whether you would be entitled to the two or the three as you have funded your first treatment?  It is so unfair that things change and you get no warning.   Have you anything to keep you busy until your next cycle?  Its so easy to focus on the fact that we arent pregnant and that can make you feel really down.  Any time you need to talk just shout ^hugme^

Well I am off again for another scan to see how things are going.  I am expecting EC to be on Wed if things progess as they did last time.  Will see what they say.  Am working the 2ww this time, hoping that is the right decision, I took it off last time and did nothing and it was hard to focus on anything other than the treatment.  I dont think that resting makes a difference to whether the embryo embeds or not, I think if its your time its your time. Just ^pray^  that it will be our time this time!

Hi to everyone else hope you are all ok xxx

Offline pinkfairy2

modify
« Reply #4 on: 26/08/10, 20:26 »
Fantastic news Reiki, really pleased for you and sending lots of baby glue!

Well I phoned up and the woman was quite rude.  She said "You are just short of 8 weeks".  I was so shocked and tired to tell her is was a day under 9 weeks.  Anyway, she said she had the questionnaire (phew!!) and that she was just getting round to putting appointments for ones returned at end of June.  Said we would hear soon and that it was looking like end of September for appointment.  This means less than 6 weeks notice of appointment (which letter says you get).  Did anyone else have less than 6 weeks? I don't care one bit that it's less, I wsa just wondering if it was likely to be longer than end of Sept if they do give you 6 weeks notice.

So word of yet another pregnancy in the family after about 2 mins of trying.  I am really happy for them but really sad for us.  They only got married in March.  OH's cousin was the same.  It is just heartbreaking that we have been married 2 years and have failed to become pregnant.

AF around the corner and I am struggling this week.  Been really tired due to work which doesn't help and have hardly seen OH.  Bursting into tears all the time.  Really fed up of feeling like this and it's only going to get worse as time goes on.  I hate the person this is turning me into and to be honest, sometimes I don't see the point of life anymore.

So sorry to read what a terrible time you have had lynsey, good you are having IVF so quickly.  Are you private if you don't mind me asking?  Can anyone tell me how going private works?  How much does it cost and is it all done at Shawfair?  Thanks.

Hope everyone else is well xxx

Offline michelle1984

modify
« Reply #5 on: 26/08/10, 20:57 »
hey girls

hope everyone ok???

im good just waiting for AF to come ( should be here in 12 days) then starting tx cant wait off work for most fo tx too ;D ;D ;D

pumpkin - good luck for scan 2morrow

michelle xx

Offline Minako

modify
« Reply #6 on: 26/08/10, 22:36 »
Hi There,

I feel a bit like I am interrupting a conversation, cos this seems a well established thread. Excuse me if my acronyms are wrong, I am still learning and want to learn from your experiences.

Anyway, my DH and I had our first appointment at ERI end of July.  I was given specimen bottles (if anyone checks my freezer, I have 3 frozen "peas") and a card requesting an ultrasound.

The dr heavily recommended IVF (self funding) and almost seemed poised to start the process there and then. DH said we should step back and look into the process. We've been TTC naturally for over 4 years and I am almost 39, so I consider myself pretty desperate. At the moment, apart from my age, the IF is unexplained. Dr thought that an xray was not necessary, as for unexplained or tubal problems IVF would be recommended.I felt a bit freaked after the appointment, and only realised I was to hand in a ultrasound scan request the other day. I have done this now.

This will sound really silly, but I am worried about the frozen "peas". I use clearblue fertility monitor and normally I have about 5 high days before 2 peak days occurs, but now I have had 9 high days, so I am thinking that this out of character cycle will be reflected in the frozen "peas". Sorry about TMI.

Now a request for TMI, the ultrasound, would it be  ::) external?

PS Feel free to say hello, if you don't want to answer the TMI questions.

Offline martakeithy

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #7 on: 27/08/10, 14:13 »
Hi all,
I'm still here, just checking in, even though I am not an ERI person anymore. :)))
Reiki I am so pleased for you, that is fantastic news! The colonic eh?! I think I'll get one now. Was it OK?

We are now planning our next move which will be embryo adoption in the Czech Republic, just can't afford any more treatment and this is quite a low cost option. I have always wanted to adopt so this seems a good way to do things.
I will keep you posted on how we get on.
Hugs to all especially Pumpkin you have had a slog and it sounds as if it is all going well for you.

Offline lynseylou

• Un-Ranked
modify
« Reply #8 on: 27/08/10, 17:00 »
hi I am probably going to sound so thick but seen as i am just starting out could someone explain all the shorthand for me not sure what  eg. TMI - AF Please help with any you can think off.

Pinkfairy 2 - I am with NHS Borders that is why I have managed to get in so fast because their is not much demand for IVF so they said but hey I ain't complaining!!

Hope someone can help with my thickness lol!!
luv lynseylou x x x

Offline Ceri.

• The dippy one!
  • VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #9 on: 27/08/10, 17:07 »
Lynseylou ...  TMI = Too Much Information, AF = Aunt Flo (Period!) Here are some others :)

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations)  ~ CLICK HERE

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal