* Author Topic: The Royal Infirmary Edinburgh : Part 38  (Read 127492 times)

0 Members

Offline lynseylou

• Un-Ranked
modify
Re: The Royal Infirmary Edinburgh : Part 38
« Reply #10 on: 27/08/10, 17:09 »
Aw thank you so much this will help loads I am away to study it lol!!!

Luv lynseylou x x x

Offline pumpkin-pie

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #11 on: 27/08/10, 17:28 »
Quick message

Minako - you are most welcome, people join and go away again and others are here for a while.  as for your questions, it depends what the ultrasound is for but certainly the ones they do in the IVF clinic are all internal ones.  The urine samples I think they just want to check that you do ovulate not sure they can tell anything else from them.  I can imagine the appointment gave you a lot to think about it.  Just wishing you all the best whatever route you decide to take.  If you have any questions about the iVF just shout

Marta - Once a royal girl, always a royal girl!  Please keep in touch to let us know whats happening.  Wishing you all the best for your embryo adoption, I didnt even know you could do that, really hoping it works out for you  ^hugme^

lynseylou - the abbreviations are all a bit baffling at times but you catch on quickly. DH (darling husband!)  still laughs when I call my period AF now!  but if there are anything you dont know just shout.

Pinkfairy- sending you a  ^hugme^  it can be hard sometimes but you will get there.  Not really an expert on private as we are NHS but you can go private at RIE or at Shawfair or many girls recommend the clinic is Glasgow and I believe they have a satellite clinic in Edinburgh so you only have to go to Glasgow for the actual EC and ET.  Prices are on their websites, I know that Shawfair is more expensive than going private at RIE but they have less or no waiting list I think.

Well as for me was back at the RIE for another scan and things are progressing, I now have 8 follicles (4 on each side) which are all between 10mm and 14mm and 2 smaller ones at around 7mm.  So to continue as planned on same dosage and back for another scan on Monday.  EC will be Wednesday at earliest but the nurse said it could be Friday.  So will just see how things go.  Have got antibiotics to start taking couple of days before EC as have got some fluid around the left ovary probably as a result of the surgery in May. 

Offline fflower

modify
« Reply #12 on: 28/08/10, 22:14 »
Congratulations Reiki Jan! Great news, enjoy the moment! x

Offline Minako

modify
« Reply #13 on: 29/08/10, 22:39 »
Thank you Pumpkin Pie, my next appointment in October. I'll take a note pad with me the next time. :)

Offline pumpkin-pie

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #14 on: 30/08/10, 22:27 »
Hi - All went well at the scan today and taking my trigger shot tonight and EC is on Wednesday -  :o

Offline michelle1984

modify
« Reply #15 on: 30/08/10, 22:42 »
well done pumpkin ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D   i should be starting next week :o :o :o :o ;D ;D

michelle xxx

Offline minihaha72

modify
« Reply #16 on: 30/08/10, 23:23 »
hiya ladies, apologies for being awol, just trying to catch up on everybody's news..it might take me a while lol xx  Congratulations to Reiki Jan..fantastic news, wishing you all the very best for the next few months xxxxx and also to Pumpkin i see that stimming has gone to plan and you are reaching EC on wednesday, thats fantastic news, i am sending you all the luck in the world hunni xxxxxxxxx

We have our follow up appt tomorrow at 3.30 with Dr Raja...i am dreading it if im honest as my coping mechanism has been just to "truck on" since we got our news in July that our treatment failed. The thought of sitting in that waiting room and actually having a chat about our treatment and where we go from here just saddens me as here comes the time we have to think about a next attempt and neither my head or heart is ready yet but at the age of 38 i dont have the luxury of time. I am not expecting anything other than unemotive straight talking from the consultant tomorrow and will likely leave the appt with more questions than answers i'm sure as many ladies before me have. It might sound bizarre but i feel i shut off all my emotions and hope the day that i went to the clinic for my blood tests after the 2ww and bang on cue whilst i was waiting af arrived. And for the last 6 weeks i have put all that unhappiness in a "BOX" and just got on with life, kept telling myself that it was a medical procedure and that was all, never allowed myself to think beyond that. My stimming response was so poor that i had resigned myself to failure and then to hear the news we had a top grade embie from the one egg they managed to retrieve just lifted my heart for a second, but the 2ww crushed me emotionally, never experienced anything like it and i was ready for the news of failure as my body was telling me it hadn't worked..and us ladies do know our bodies don't we. I just feel so guilty that the news that treatment hadn't worked was a relief that the wait was over if that makes sense. I think if we try again i would cope with the injections, procedures etc as at least you feel summat is happening and then come the 2ww you are left on your own and its that feeling that scares me more than anything else. Sorry to post such a woe is me post but i think it was long overdue to get down in "writing" how i am feeling, i know you will all understand xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline pumpkin-pie

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #17 on: 30/08/10, 23:48 »
Minihaha - Sending you a big  ^hugme^ , can totally relate to your feelings about the 2ww.  Despite the initial problems we had in getting started with treatment, the cyst op and the downregging, everything else has gone ok, I dont have huge amount of follicles but didnt last time either.  However it is the 2ww bit that I am dreading the most.  I dont really know how I will cope with it but I coped last time so I guess I will cope again.  Really hope your appointment goes ok and you can make some decisions about what to do next.  Make sure you go with lots of questions to ask them.

Michelle - The countdown for you is on. 

Well thats me taken my trigger injection so can now head off to bed.  Trying not to think about whats ahead and just get on with work tomorrow and not think too much about the worries of egg collection, fertilisation and transfer.  One step at a time!

Offline martakeithy

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #18 on: 31/08/10, 10:44 »
Hi all,

Pumpkin I'm glad you are trotting along nicely and it's all going smoothly. Don't worry about number of follies, just concentrate on one perfect egg to make your baby! ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Mini that was so heartfelt, what you wrote. You put it so beautifully. I really feel for you and completely understand how you feel.
I think I adopted the 'distant' coping mechanism when I had my first IVF. It does protect your feelings, but there is always the sense that the feelings will come crashing through your barrier when they are triggered by being reminded of past cycle or talking about a new cycle.
You might surprise yourself and find you can talk about it and feel OK, but if you don't and you do feel sad, don't worry, it's the other way of coping, grieving your loss.
All you can do is take in your list of questions and share any concerns and see how it goes. If you forget something, you can always phone up after - we have all done it, several times
I bet you feel much more upbeat after the appointment. ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Offline bambinoplease

modify
« Reply #19 on: 31/08/10, 13:31 »
Hello all,

I just wanted to give you a quick update.  I started down regulating injections last week Tuesday, because I was able to go in so quickly for my mock transfer they were able to start the injections straight away.  My antral follicle count seemed a bit more positive this time too, 3 on the left and 7 on the right.  Go back on the 9th September to ensure everything has gone to plan then hopefully start stimms.  Just keen to get to that point so I can hopefully relax knowing that I will respond to treatment even with my very low AMH.

Both the doctor and nurse were soooo nice and I came away feeling very positive, not so positive today unfortunately, really need to stop looking up the internet, doesn't do me any favours.

Good Luck with egg collection Pumpkin-Pie.

x

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal